Cox Media Group Employee Reviews

Great
SCM Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 January 2018
Great environment to work with their client. Project was stressfree. I learnt lot of things from there.. Really helped me to grow myself. I improved my skills and leadership skills. Great culture to work with them..
Cox Media
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV10 January 2018
Loved working for Cox & actually moved out there to do so. Only moved back home to take another job that paid more. Cox is a great place to work. Fun environment
Nice fun environment to work at.
Part-time Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FL2 January 2018
Happy and enjoyable co-workers. Fun music stations that are always playing music throughout the halls. Attend large events with different types of music and unique foods.
Pros
Free entry into a lot of events and meeting different types of famous people.
Cons
Not much security and minor descrimination
nice place to work
Manufacturing Tech Support Manager/Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA20 December 2017
This is a great company to work for. The benefits are really great and your work and effort feels appreciated. I would highly recommend to anyone to work for a Cox company.
Good company to work for, benifits was good people great to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL17 December 2017
The company had move to their new location, I have not been their, heard that they work long hours. it's a fully automotive and fast place to work.....
Pros
good company
Cons
a fast pace work place.
Monkeys could manage better
Level Two Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA16 December 2017
You find yourself doing redundant work, all because the various people involved don't like working together. Instead, they want to all be the lead person, but not do anything. All tasks are priority 1, which leads to a lot of stress. You are given tasks, but neither the time nor resources to adequately perform the tasks. No feedback on your performance, so have fun trying to improve. The tier 1 call center is outsourced, but has no real power, so all calls are sent through to you. This leads to long phone queues.
Great company
Senior Manager, Technology Business Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA13 December 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits from the parent company (Cox Enterprises). Technology uses hoteling concept which is an adjustment for most.
Overall was ok, but very disappointing when laid-off due to an outside security took over.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH28 November 2017
I learned not to get stationed where you are working cause that could change overnight! Overall, I liked working at Cox, but ended sadly without employment elsewhere.
Pros
Up to date local news
Cons
They way people treat you.
Exciting work environment
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX26 November 2017
Working for Cox Media is truly a blessing for me. My bosses and co-workers are great people who are always there to assist me if I need them. There's a lot of room for growth within the company.
Pros
Working in radio, meeting new people, networking
Cons
minimal hours
Find another company to work for
On Air Talent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL16 November 2017
Even though management regularly claims "we win with our product, we succeed with our people", people are not important to Cox. The shareholders and upper management are the only people that matter. Loyalty, talent, vision, drive, and creativity count for nothing.
Stressful and can have a culture of favoritism
Receivable Management (Current Employee) –  TX15 November 2017
The culture here is one that depending on how you mesh with the management, depends on your entire experience.
If they decide that they like you, you have a better chance of promotions/free time/ability to think independently.
If they do not, you will constantly be micromanaged/critiqued and given very little assistance with anything you need help with
Pros
wonderful coworkers, nice location
Cons
work life balance is off/favoritism/unclear management
Nice entry level position
Advertising Assistant at Cox Media Group (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA15 November 2017
Nice starter job, a lot of turnover due to low pay. The work can be monotonous and if sales isn't your passion there isn't a lot of opportunity to explore different avenues of advertising.
Fantastic Job During College
Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GA13 November 2017
I absolutely loved being a Remote Technician for CMG in Athens. I learned so much about the radio industry, and I was able to meet so many new and interesting people.
Media Business is tough
Supervisor Payment Processing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX6 November 2017
With the Media Business moving so fast pace keeping up can be difficult. Sometimes Cox was behind the times, unfortunately. The culture in Austin Texas is great. The culture in Atlanta is more cut-throat.
A company trying to find its place
Manager of Software Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 November 2017
A great group of people who work hard, but the industry is changing and they are trying to find their place. Re-orgs and changing in direction are common things.
Pros
Work/life balance, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Stress, lack of direction
na
Senior System Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA31 October 2017
they are in the process of reducing overall head count across the company - great benefits, flexible schedule, offered telecommute - newspaper business has declined over the years
Productive and great work environment
Board Operator / Producer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA30 October 2017
The best thing about CMG is the PEOPLE! It is an amazing work environment with the ability to grow and learn many different roles. I learned everything there is to know about operations and how to be a Producer. The management for the most part are good people, they do have the downside of promoting some managers based off of time spent with the company, and not actual ability to manage employees.
Pros
Great Benefits, Amazing People
Cons
Pay isn't great, Lower Levels of Management.
Productive place to work with excellent culture.
Digital Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ25 October 2017
Had a normal 8hr day, only logging in or staying later a few hours a week.

Very approachable management that wants you to succeed and will meet with you at all times to achieve goals.

Many group activities and gatherings to boost company culture.
Pros
Free lunches, continued learning to keep informed among best practices and industry culture.
Cons
Many positions restructured and relocated to headquarters in Atlanta.
Fun Place to work
Senior AP Coordinator/AP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 October 2017
Over All - Cox Media Group is a great company to work for. They are family oriented. They constantly give back to communities through volunteering. It's a truly a fun place to be.
Competitive Place to Work
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 September 2017
Great work environment minus high stress and no room for advancement. Poor upper management with minimal communication between them. No consistency is policy across the floor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.