Cox Media Group Employee Reviews

The hours
Promoter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX25 July 2017
If you have more than one job that is flexible with promotions than you can advance. And hard work really does pay off. Working and understanding promotions can be tough. Getting out of your comfort zone is a must talking to strangers and learning how to work as a team is a must. standing outside (heat/cold) working to promote the stations is part of the job. There are perks such as free concerts and meet and greets, that takes extra effort and work to see the shows. The job is a fairly easy job.
Pros
free concerts
Cons
hours
Unethical practice in the hiring process
Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL18 July 2017
The department(Ideabar) engaged in unethical practice in the hiring process. I applied and interviewed for one job, in the end, they did a bait and switch and offered me a lower level pay job.

Do not believe the promise of job security, people getting laid off left and right.

Management are not effective, they are far from the "northern star" as they thought they are.
Pros
Creative work environment
Cons
Unethical managment
A great company with growth opportunity
Sales (Current Employee) –  PA17 July 2017
I've worked at Cox Media Group in several capacities for more than more than 10 years. Cox Media Group has provided me with growth opportunities within several departments. From the advancement opportunities to the job culture and everything in between, Cox Media Group is an employer of choice that I recommend and will continue to recommend.
Awesome place to work
Manufacturing Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX7 July 2017
Awesome place to work with relaxed atmosphere, plenty of paths for advancement, online courses available, good pay and benefits, cooperative community mindset.
Fun and productive work environment with a Popcorn Machine
Radio Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL5 July 2017
I had a great experience working for Cox Media Group. Managers were invested in helping you grow professionally. The most enjoyable part of working for the company was ability to learn about the different departments.
I absolutely loved working here.
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FL5 July 2017
Competitive pay plus commissions! Hours are average and it's very fast paced. There's room for advancement and teamwork is a must. I loved seeing my local community on a daily basis as well.
Pros
Fast Paced and great commissions
Fun and educational experience
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA20 June 2017
It's been a great entry level position and has led me to acquire many new skills to use in my career progression. It has been a slow climb but definitely well worth the time put in.
Fun work environment
On Air Talent / Promotions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL16 June 2017
I enjoyed working for cox media group. They Allowed me to be creative and independent. My coworkers were great. Very team oriented. My promotions director was great, everyone was very flexible. Everyone looked out for one another. The mandatory meetings were productive.
Pros
Free event tickets
Cons
Late hours when I was on air
ok place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OH3 June 2017
Good company physically demanding. Good benefits. Clean shop.Very safety minded. Fair and treat employees with respect.They are organized. You get good break time to smoke or use the restroom.
Pros
free health club
Cons
Cool place to work just not innovative enough
JavaScript Developer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL29 May 2017
This place was a really nice place to work but management was not the most open-minded to change and using newer technologies. This prevented the company from growing and lead to fellow co-workers either leaving before or after me.

Want to know more about Cox Media Group?

Ask a question
Contantly evolving
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH28 May 2017
Company is always evolving to keep up with the next generation technology. Training opportunities are available within the company to assist its staff grow and develop as the company evolves
Pros
training and promotion opportunities
Cons
Na
The people were nice.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA25 May 2017
I was surrounded by smart people, so I learned quite a bit in my time there. It's a big company so don't expect nimble response to changes like an agency. Family friendly environment.
Pros
When I was there, monthly birthday cake!
Cons
It's a big company so it can be difficult to distinguish yourself.
unknown
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL25 May 2017
I dont know why you are asking this.. I never worked here...Why does this keep happening.. this is the 10 surevey I have filled out and they keep asking me for info on companies I never worked for
Pros
dont know
Cons
filling out this survey
Fun relaxed team enviroment
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 May 2017
Where is learned my sales skills due to the extensive sales training.

Relocated from Atlanta, GA, straight of college and hit the ground running. I loved that I was able to figure the sales process out myself with little guidance because it allowed me to develop my unique sale style.
I worked in a team environment which was great because it allowed me to learn from experience sales executives.
Huge company, great products but not the most positive work environment
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Athens, GA18 May 2017
Cox Media Group was my longest standing job. I really enjoyed selling radio and digital marketing. I had a huge client base and made excellent money. However, the work environment was the most negative I have ever seen. The stress was tremendous and never subsided, no matter how well you did. I decided to resign after my husband had a heart attack and lost his business. I needed some peace in my life, but to this day I think I might have made a mistake by leaving. However, I don't believe in regrets. You learn and move on and don't look back.

A typical day involved meetings with existing clients and new business prospects. I worked with clients to create a radio script that told their unique story and inspired customers to take action. With this being said I had to work closely with our creative department to ensure we were creating a compelling radio spot.

I had multiple managers during my tenure at Cox. Each brought something special to the table, in terms of what I learned. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the constant negativity in the environment. I think it is crippling and only hinders everyone. I had to learn to disengage from co-workers that were negative and focus on the positive, which was my clients (who were awesome).
Pros
Great products and excellent pay
Cons
negative work environment
Company No longer owned by Cox Media
Logistics Lead / Planner & Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL15 May 2017
Sold January 1st, 2017 to new ownership. Was very employee orientated in the early years. As the Company grew more emphasis was put on the profits and cutting spending.
Pros
Community Involved
Cons
Over the years cut back and eleminated employee functions.
Alright, but needs attention
Packaging Associate- Part-time (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH13 May 2017
Personally, at my location not all the machine operators choose to operate them properly, not all the product lifts work properly( don't rise smoothly or not all the way up or down), management changes plans and doesn't inform staff until last minute which causes poor time management, confusion and stress among employees. the hardest part about the this job is not all your co-workers will do their jobs correctly which makes you have work harder to pick up their slack.
Pros
regular paid breaks, holiday parties, raffles and giveaways
Cons
poor pay
the best!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX13 May 2017
This was the most beneficial experience I had in my career with the right mix of challenge, growth, learning. I was appreciated for my experience, allowed to share my ideas and was rewarded for my skill and attitude
Fun workplace, great place to start.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NY2 May 2017
This was a great company to start my first ever internship with. The staff was extremely welcoming and wanted to teach me as much as they could. I was able to work in a variety of departments and learn about different aspects of working in a radio station. I enjoyed working on the morning show, as well as heading to promotional events with the team.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Nowhere to advance to
Difficult Upper level management
Key Account Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 April 2017
Upper Level management constantly churning sales reps in and out the door. Poor compensation programs, ever changing protocol and standards. The new owners of the company are bent on removing tenured employees as cost saving measures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.