Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very employee focused. Great company
Field Service Manager (Current Employee), West Warwick, RIApril 3, 2014
Very good company to work for. Great leadership, fast paced work environment. Always something new to deal with.
Good Pay, poor ethics
On the Job Trainer (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VaApril 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: unreliable career
Pay and advancement is great but once you become a senior member with good pay they love to look for a reason to fire you. Their unspoken ideals are its better to have two new techs making 13 an hour vs have one experienced senior guy making 28 an hour. After 9 dedicated years of service I was fired because I left a meeting early to do to an install – more... I was late for. And I was not on any written warning what so ever. From 2009-2010 they fired over 30 senior techs!!!! – less
Great company to work for.
Account Services Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: busy
I would still be with Cox but they had to relocate the Accout Service Department to Wichita, Kansas.
Great Company and excellent benefits
Interim Retail Coach (Current Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, compensation, wages
Cons: moving up can be difficult as management tend to hold their positions for a long time.
Great company to work for and once you are in the Company you can go anywhere. The benefits are great and it is a employee centered environment.
Overall a great place to work
Call Volume Analyst (Current Employee), West Warwick, RIMarch 29, 2014
Pros: employee centered, benefits, morale
Cons: little advancement opportunity
Cox is a very employee-centered company. When it comes to work/life balance, Cox usually puts the employee's needs ahead of the businesses.

My time at Cox has helped me learn a tremendous amount about call center management, operations and administration, as well as a great deal of technical knowledge of the telecommunications industry.

The biggest – more... downside of working for Cox has to be the lack of advancement opportunities. Internal job postings are very few and far between, and many are lateral moves. In the rare chance that an advancement opportunity is posted, as the old saying goes, "It's not what you know, but who you know," couldn't be more true.

Despite the above, employee morale is generally very high. Employees are all very friendly with one another, and all help each other out in any way possible. – less
Great work environment with great co workers
Technical Support Tier1 (Current Employee), Seekonk MassMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working close with my team, helping one another achieve monthly goals, friendly work environment
Cons: the only con id have currently is losing my job due to the business consolidating.
My typical work day would consist of my generally going in about 45 minutes early to catch up on emails and follow up on sales leads, typically I would also chat with my supervisor a bit prior to my shift beginning. When time came to start taking calls I would put my phone into auto in and begin my work day answering inbound calls
concerning questions – more... about products and services, engaging in real time troubleshooting while the customer is on the telephone. – less
Great work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: horrible turn over rate
I love working here its like being around family. The pay is awesome and the benefits are even better.
Productive, fun workplace.
Collections Specialist I (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, birthday celebrations, pto, great benefits.
Cons: company downsized.
Typical day at work included answering in/out bound calls to collect on delinquent accounts. Most managers were very helpful and supportive of their subordinates and employees were generally pleased. The toughest part of the job was dealing with disgruntled customers and calming them down. Enjoyable moments included talking to satisfied customers.
good pay and good people to work with
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), herndon vaMarch 21, 2014
feel like family working at Cox, everyone is friendly and helpful.
good management, learning each other job
Customer Service Represenative II
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 20, 2014
There was nothing special about Alltel. Aside from the potential to bonus, it was a classic call center
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKMarch 19, 2014
It was always an adventure. The staff was always very supportive and fun to work with.
Direct Sales (Former Employee), New OrleansMarch 18, 2014
Great opportunity. I learned to turn a fast no into a slow yes. I developed tough skin in respect to sales.
No job structure
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: technical support work experience added to resume'
Cons: management
The only thing I learned at this job is that when your Supervisor position in the company is on the rocks, They will do everything in their power to fire their team to make it seem as if the team was the reason they are not were they suppose to be. When in all actuality the only thing you need to do is suck up to upper management to get a higher position.
Innovative organization
Internet Advertising Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2014
Obtained highest profitability level among all national divisions
• Directed all advertising sales initiatives of digital media products
• Managed sales team to exceed department revenue objectives
• Trained and managed account executives and digital support teams
fun place with alot of perks
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee), pensacola flMarch 15, 2014
awesome plavce sometimes calls are back to back but thats a good thing
Amazing, but short lived
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NeMarch 13, 2014
Pros: talking to people, being able to help customers, feeling like an asset
Cons: couldn't get fmla when i needed it, rehire process is difficult
I worked here for a short time last summer and I absolutely loved it. The management was great, the work was great and it really tested my technical support knowledge. The only downside is, after I left, trying to get rehired is proving to be very difficult.
na
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2014
managers and supervisors care about the people working for them it was pleasant but overwhelming at times
Great company to work for with great benifits and family oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lafayette LAMarch 13, 2014
Superb place to work, Great friendly people, its like a home away from home, a second family of sorts.
Great Job
Technical Support/Customer Service Cyber Agent (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2014
Good management. Company that cares for their employees. Co-workers always willing to help with any technical issues or help with information
Product and Service Management
Technology Operations Service Management (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 12, 2014
Lots of opportunities to learn many skills. Overload of work with too many managers and under compensation.

About Cox Communications

As the third largest cable provider in the nation, Cox Communications, Inc. is noted for its high-capacity, reliable broadband – Read more

Cox Communications Photos