Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
greate place to work
Senior Technical Support Specialist (TSR III) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2014
great place to work, learned a great deal. typical day involved interacting with customers and co-workers extensively
Ok
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), VAApril 27, 2014
Pros: managers
The job is ok, but most positions are what you make them. It did teach me a lot more about patience, not only with the customers but with fellow co workers as well
Great Stepping stone
Capacity Management Specialist (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 25, 2014
Friendly faces everyday, enjoyed interacting with cusomters and techs on a daily basis
Troubleshoot major problem with minimal supervision
Cox Business Test Desk Technician II, Cox (Current Employee), West Warwick, RIApril 23, 2014
Trained peers on different services (IAD,PRI etc.)
Work and Assist Data Engineers on troubleshooting AL, COI Fuji and SOD for different services as Metro-e, P2P,VPLS, MPLS, TDM PRI e-pipe, Cpipe on escalated CB customer’s
Solved tickets with minor troubleshooting thus no need for escalating to different higher departments
Able to resolve a problem for – more... Hi-Cap Client when customer called to report getting drop packets and not full bandwidth, after reviewing circuit found out customer was set to half duplex on their equipment, this was determine by changing our end to Auto negotiate and saw the result as half duplex, customer checked their end made corrections and resolve the problem – less
Typical call center
Customer Service Rep/ Technical Support (Current Employee), Mesa, CAApril 22, 2014
lottery for holidays. But the benefits are pretty good. There's a high volume of calls and you have to be sure to hit certain quotas for the month. You do get a bonus a at the end of the month based on performance.
Good pay.
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 21, 2014
Pros: compensation was good for the state of oklahoma.
Cons: no benefits
At the beginning, I enjoyed working for the company. I was hired thru Randstad temp agency and after working, was told we would be hired to get benefits as a regular employee. Needless to say, that didn't happen and I actually got terminated 'job abandonment' due to getting food poison and being admitted into the Emergency room.
Great organization for employment and for the community
Manager, Sales Operations (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2014
Enjoyed the atmosphere and the promotional opportunities available to the employees.
Great Benefits
Solutions Educator (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 21, 2014
Cox has been wonderful and provided my family with affordable benefits.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2014
Pros: people are great and everyone is pretty easy going. they have a gym, a couple cafes and strict security
Cons: . salary stinks!
Great company,great people. Very little training and becuase they are so large, you find yourself running between 3 buildings.
Good place to start
Tech Support (Current Employee), WichitaApril 18, 2014
Pros: good benifets
Cons: dificult to make changes
Good place to work strong corporate culture if you excel in processes and following the system is an excellent place to work.
productive and trusted provider
Accountant Specialist I (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, La. 70802April 17, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit
Cons: work shifts
Wonderful company to work for, building rapport with customers, working with other departments as a team.
fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Cranston, RIApril 14, 2014
Pros: different tasks every day
very challenging job but every day it was good... always busy.
good buisiness
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: owner
Cons: location
great business to buy into but it was dissolved after a few years because of location
Great
Collections Specialist I (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 14, 2014
Look foward to going into work everyday....................................................................................................................................................................................................
Unorganized and Dysfunctional Company
Indirect Account Manager (Current Employee), Oklahma City/TulsaApril 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the company as a whole is downsizing, upper managent for the company are very unorganized and they do not care for their employees.
Upper management do not care about their employees. They do not communicate well with there employees. When things are going good you do not hear from them and they take all the credit for things they did not take time and effort to do themselves(not asking for any kind of kudos because I am not that type of employee I can care less about that), but – more... soon as something goes wrong everyone is in uproar. – less
Great place to work and great people.
Field Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAApril 10, 2014
Cox is like one big family and has a lot of great people working for them.
Horrible
Customer Retention Represetative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: management, culture
I was hired in 10/2013, let go in 1/2014 for "releasing calls" which was bogus. Come to find out that they are laying off the retention department because of a consolidation with their OKC office.
Cox is a great place to work!
Director, People Services (Current Employee), Cox, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: great culture, great team members
I work with a great team of professionals! No matter what the day brings, we all pull together to ensure our employees have what they need to do their best work.

Our company is changing and the most challenging part of my job is "going with the flow", influencing decisions that are no longer made locally and developing new relationships and ways of – more... working across the enterprise, not just within the region.

The most rewarding part of my job is coaching and mentoring leaders. I love it and am good at it! – less
Cox Communications
Dispatcher II (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAApril 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cox is a very family oriented place to work. I enjoy my interaction with all employees. I enjoy the ability to be able to resolve problems and have built rapport with all of my colleagues.
Good location
Lead Access Network Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2014
good location

nice people

job security

lot of social work, like family

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos