Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
hard working and challenging and fun
Universal Home Tech (Current Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 19, 2014
I learned how to troubleshoot cable from the home to the hub. I learned how to fix cable leakage, balance rf signal, and repair digital impairments. On a daily basis, track down the different problems that interrupted the service of video, high speed data, and telephone. My coworkers were pretty cool to work with. I got along with everyone. It was a good feeling to get customers back up and working
fun atmosphere, great co-workers, great incentives
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: chance to win prizes
Cons: short breaks, mandatory overtime
overall, cox is a great place to work with great pay and incentives. I learned a lot about my self and patience. Management gave forth good effort but often fell shy of my expectations due to such a large company. The hardest part of my job was adapting to continuous changes in such a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and the overall job atmosphere, very laid back and people were mindful and respectful of others.
Dont see management much. Good pay
Account Services Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: disconnected, bully maintality if you ask for help
Cox offers good pay strait from the day you enter the door and the training is great . You dont see much of management and asking for help after training is frowned Upon. I WAS CALLED DUMB!
Great company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, challenging
Cons: prospecting 24/7
Responsibilities included driving business growth by increasing client spending and harnessing new business opportunities. Pursued sales across multiple channels, including radio advertising, events, and internet marketing. Leveraged industry ratings to bolster revenue-generating initiatives. Identified potential new clients through prospecting, networking, cold calling, and client meetings; orchestrate RFPs. Conducted industry research encompassing competition and consumers to create customized client business plans. Project-managed all accounts and oversaw account activities throughout life cycle. Ensured optimal sales performance by delivering training around internal/external sales processes to new hires.
It's a great place to work.
Customer Advocate Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: short commute, large work space, lots of perks
Cons: taking verbal abuse from customers on escalated calls
Answering Tier 2 tech calls and customer calls in a call center environment. The hardest part is taking verbal abuse from customers on escalated calls. I have learned that customers want the most for the least and don't like the yearly rate increases. I really enjoy fixing tech and customer issues and get satisfaction from a "Thank you for fixing my problem"
great place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2014
Pros: workout room, free services, flexible management styles, employee concerned.
Cons: time off alotments.
Very productive work environment. Easy to get along with fellow employees and have all of the right tools to do the job. Supply a workout room lunch room and onsite vendors to get lunch.
A good place to work
Rev/Margin Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Herndon, Va.December 9, 2014
Cox Communications was a good place to work. Just like a lot of others companies changes are required to keep moving forward and layoffs had to take place. Unfortunately I was working in one of the departments that they decided to outsource.I thank them for the 16 years I had to work for them and meet great people.
I worked a 10 hour shift that I like because it give me an extra day off to spend with my family. During my 16 years with the company I got to learn a lot being that I worked in 6 different departments.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Specialist/Lead (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 8, 2014
Great place to work. I would still be there if not for the lay off
Fun Casual Work Environment
Tech Support (Former Employee), San Diego Call CenterDecember 8, 2014
Pros: decent starting wages, benefits, good management staff
Cons: laid off when the san diego campus downsized/shut down
Great company to work for, good benefits. Lots of company participation activities and contests.
Coll Spec I (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: outsourcing
Cox, is one of the few companies that I have worked for that I really felt that they understood the value of their employees. The job its self wasn't at all that difficult if able to understand and not let the customer get to you.

My most enjoyable part was my department and the people that I worked with from day to day.
Overall
National Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Great company, lots of growth here. Flexible hours, lots of benefits
Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President (Current Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 3, 2014
You are valued at Cox. They offer a wonderful benefits plan. You can express your ideas to improve processes.
All work no Family
Cable installer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: family time
Worked all the time late and no time for Family and to go back to school.
productive fun workplace
Construction Svc Supt Spec II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
More information upon request. I have worked at Cox Communications since 2004 and have enjoyed every year of it. I have learned what it means to be a leader and am not affraid to take risks. I have worked with everyone from customers calling in troubleshooting problems to high level directors.
Fun, excellent work environment
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 2, 2014
Simply put, it's the best job I've ever had. From the higher up management to direct supervisors to co-workers, everybody truly enjoys their job. Excellent pay (not to mention the perks) along with a real opportunity for advancement.
Great job Security
Universal Home Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2014
The Company is Large so job security is not a problem. The even better part is management works on creating a family like atmosphere. I felt very appreciated for my work when I was employed for the company.
Good company, very repetitive work
Inbound Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2014
Took phone calls all day. First and last time to work in a call center.
Has ping pong table and pool table. Co workers were fine, management was fine. Call centers are just not for me. If you are able to sit in a cubicle all day and take phone calls then this is a great company.
inbound tech support
NSC Technical Specialist I (Current Employee), oklahoma cityDecember 1, 2014
DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY:
• Receives incoming calls from commercial customers for technical support
• Cable Modem Provisioning/Troubleshooting
• IP and DNS management and troubleshooting
• Plant and network problem trending
• PC/MAC hardware troubleshooting
• Fiber/HiCap troubleshooting, Metro-Ethernet troubleshooting, Webhosting, CBOB, CBSS and other network+ related issues
• Assists with other tasks assigned as needed, to improve the delivery of service to customers
customer service
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2014
Pros: working with food
Cons: not enough pay
open doors for selling skills. learn basic customer service skills
great benefits great opportunity
Tech Support (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 26, 2014
Pros: free cable internet phone, awesome benefits
Cons: new people
cox is a great company to work for only problem i had was inter-department communication was a little rough, and it seemed like there were a lot of new people who didn't pay attention in class.

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos