Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A typical day
Technical Support (Former Employee), Springdale, ARFebruary 11, 2015
My day at work with Cox were none stop customer service and being supervised all day. Also, having great co-workers working together as a team.
Fun to work for
Technical support (Former Employee), San Diego ca and Norfolk VaFebruary 11, 2015
generally a great company with great benefits,great managers and overall great staff. Facilities are great and dinning and recreation facilities are outstanding
Tech Support - Horrible company
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: pay is good - free food often
Cons: everything else
Zero care about work life balance - a ton of mandatory overtime - sales expectations were reasonable but I came to work every day afraid of losing my job. My supervisor was only interested in numbers - mentioned things I was concerned with and little remorse given and zero action taken. They preach "empowerment" but found myself having to call the supervisor line every other call to solve situations.
Depends on the position you hold
Outbound Business Sales (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor management in my department
If you are in the right position the company is fantastic to work for. If you are in the wrong one it can be a nightmare. Benefits are really good.
great company
Saves Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2015
great company to work for! they give you alot of incentives to actually come to work everyday and to do your job! This is a company that will take care of you! You just have to go through the whole hiring process first!
This company good incentives for employees
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: we would get a bonus, and a lot of luncheons.
Cons: the breaks were short, and the benefits were not good
I received calls everyday from customers. This was to apply for cable, phone, and interment service. Assisted customer with their past due accounts and also trouble shoot their phone and internet service. The hardest part was when you had to explain to people over the phone how to program their remote and they could not do it and we had to send a technician out to help them. When you were able to resolve the customer concerns over the phone instead of sending out a tech.
Great Company
Solutions Store Specialist (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Changing environment......
Have to be an employee that can adjust to change in a fast pace environment
I have been here for 2 and a half years......and I have continued to enjoy my working environment
Unnecessary changes to an otherwise perfect job
Tech Support Rep. (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: stabe work environment
Cons: too many changes to performance metrics
Until the Addition to sales performance to our scoring metric, as a tech support representative for the company this was an otherwise perfect job.
Good compnay
Residential Tech Support (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: busy phones.
I worked from home so was a great place to work. Free cable good health care. Was great until I was laid off. Phone were busy all the time but that was part of the job.
Positive work environment
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Cox Communications is an excellent company to work for. The company adhere's to the values expressed in it's mission statement and the employee benefits are above average. Management demonstrates a high level of respect for the employees and strives to create a positive work environment.
I enjoyed my job, but many changes were going on so I put my home on the market and moved to FL
Supervisor and financial analyst (Former Employee), Chesapeake VAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: disconted cable, gym, great co-workers
Cons: heathcare coverage
Overall it is a good company with many good benefits. The company was consolidating and moving many things to the corporate office in Atlanta which displaced many employees.
Learn troubleshooting skills and diffrent office skills
Phone Receptionist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: very relaxing
Talking on the phone with customers is very fun, learning different communications skills. Management provides tons of help in bettering your skills, which makes the job easier.
Productive and awesome place to work. Very grateful for the opportunity.
Retention Coach (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch, and royalties
Cons: turnover rates
A typical day at Cox is like going to an amusement park. Your very excited to see all the new rides ( escalations and employee assistance),but your not quite certain on what part of the park to start ( Time management ). Some of the rides appeared to be a little intimidating and the lines are extremely long but once on the ride reality kicks in and the realization of understanding the rush and anxiety only last for a short period. Once the ride is over a clear understanding that it was not so bad, and that the ride that once was intimidating, ( Disgruntle customers and multiple tasks in need of time management ), is now the highlight of the day.
I learned the importance of work balance, and personality traits. It helped me to be very productive and have a clear understanding on how to deal with people on different levels with maintaining professionalism at all times.
In dealings with co-worker I learned that everyone has a role and that everyone is and should be held accountable for his or her actions but at all time treated with respect and fairness. My co-workers open the door for me for self improvement and allowed me to improve in areas where I at times where not aware there was a struggle on my part.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing when to quit. I had the hardest time putting task off for the next day. My agenda was if there was a minute left in the day there is something that I can get done before that minute was over.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I was able to work with and meet some awesome people. This company was very amendment about customer service and customer service training that there was always opportunity available for growth and structure which aided me in my personal life as well.
Great company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Cox felt like home. All employees felt welcomed and valued until we all got the boot on Halloween. Thanks for the treat! Now, we all can look forward to losing our free internet in a few months.
Customer Service
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: bad management
customer service. taking inbound phone calls. checking customer account and information. up selling products educate customer on services cox provided
This was a fun company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 3, 2015
The Call Center Environment is not for everyone but it is cool. I liked it. It was very thrilling and dynamic, and fast paced. There is growth and potential in this company
Solution Specialist
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits and commission
One of the best careers I worked for was at Cox Communications. The culture is driven with strong team work ethic. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Productive, fun, educational
Call Center Technical support Representative (Former Employee), West Warwick, RIJanuary 30, 2015
Management was excellent, there was always opportunity to advance. A great place to work. Friendly atmosphere. There was always something new to learn.
Good company to work for with fringe benefits.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: company vehicle, freedom and almost free service for your home.
Cons: sometimes the work schedule would be over loaded.
A typical day at work for me was; We were able to bring the company van home so, you would sign into your computer and check out your work schedule and then head to your first customer.
I was Field Service Rep. installing and repairing all of Cox's products and educating the customer on what you installed.

I learned a lot, before I started working for Cox I didn't own a computer, now I am the one my family and friends call for help when they have an issue with their computer.

The management was good. If you did your job well you would be recognized and possibly rewarded.

My co-workers were awesome. Most of us at Cox would have someone that worked in your area and if you needed help or they needed help, we would help each other. Great team work.

The hardest part of the job would be working outside up on a ladder and it either was raining or it was freezing cold but, you could always go to your van to get dry or warm up.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I did a good job because the customer would say so and I just enjoy helping people out and teaching them something new. I always took my time with the senior customers and would not leave until they understood how to use the product that was installed.
Was a Great Company now going through a lot of changes
Field Collections (Former Employee), phoenix, azJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free cable and internet, flexible schedule, great work environment
Cons: none until layoffs and transition to center of excellence (coe)
worked for the Cox Communications for 10+ years. was a great company from the beginning. Now the company is changing and a lot of layoffs happened.

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos