Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company!
Store Manager II - Interim Retail Market Manager (Current Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: culture, work/life balance, beneits
Cons: job security/advancement
Cox is a privately owned company that is in the middle a transformational change in order of adapting to the ever changing telecommunication industry with it's video, data, home phone and home security services. The company has an incredible training program, and really focuses on allowing it's employees a great work, life balance. One of the challenges – more... that we face is focusing on the value our products bring, while competing with competitors that have much agressive marketing and competitve pricing. When it comes to climbing the corporate ladder there are very rarely opportunities. I enjoy the ability to hire, develop and lead my team. My success has always been connected to the foundation I have built with my people with motivation and inspiration. – less
Great Company to work for
Interim Sales to Service Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 18, 2014
Cox is a great company to work for. Even after announcing layoff they have still taken care of their employees and done everything possible to take care of our needs.
working for division started and owned by Cox Communications named "Essential Cloud"
Field Account Sales Executive (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: many, as stated above
not well managed or very organized, selling a hodge podge of cloud, web, and mobile based applications none of which are owned by Cox or Essential Cloud. Income potential really not here, and management is not experienced in go to market strategies, and in sales in general. Work life balance non existent.
Great place to start your career
Regional Operations Center Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 17, 2014
Cox is a great place to start your career. There is the potential for longevity if you find the correct department. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. We are like family.
Excellent Company with great benefits
Universal Home Technician (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary, and low service pricing.
Cons: lost of valuable family time.
Position allows me to provide service to customers and co-workers. Management is fair to employees and open. Workdays can be very long sometimes depending on the job your doing. More flexible workday would be nice to have more time with family..
Cable Company
Cable Technician (Current Employee), San Pedro,CAJune 16, 2014
Cons: pay, hours, management
Long hours, managerial support is weak at best. Pay is low. I use my own vehicle but pay and reimbursement are not sufficient enough to cover repairs and maintenance. ready to move on to something with better pay and management.
Loyalty and work performance are not priorities.
Fiber Optics Technician II (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 16, 2014
The culture has changed and their employees are no longer as important as they used to be.
Good Company
Customer Retention Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 16, 2014
Pros: great pay/ benifets, good leadership
Cons: not flexable, no job security, difficult to advance career through company
I enjoyed my time at Cox Communications. I was bummed when they moved my department out of state. They did a good job of getting people severance packages and did try to take care of the people they had to let go. They had solid leadership, but grew more and more corporate to the point where the individual employee didn't seem to matter to the company – more... as much as the overriding policies. Very difficult to move up in the company unless you know the right people ahead of time. Over all, great place to work and the pay is great. – less
Cable Installer Supervisor
Field Service Representative Supervisor (Former Employee), Orange County, CAJune 15, 2014
Trained new employees on job functions, delegated duties to workers, installed cable for customer, ran systems check to ensure that everything was working properly
Great place to begin a career.
Customer Care (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2014
Working at Cox Communications has allowed me to put on several different hats without having to start with different companies. I've discovered where my strengths and passions lie and now I am ready to run towards concrete goals.
Poor Place to work poor Management
inside sales (Former Employee), oklahoma cityJune 12, 2014
Pros: sometimes free lunch
Cons: poor management, micromanaged
What i learned at cox was to watch as certain employees backstabbed everyone to get to management. The fact that they can fire you for no reason and put you down as not rehireable. The fact that even if you are the best at your job they still hate you making more money than the managers. A typical day consisted of being micromanaged,Your boss quoting – more... bible verses and listening to every call you make,always taking you off the phone to tell you what your doing wrong never giving postive feedback, Putting people who have no manager exp in charge of 16 reps just becuse they are friends with the sales manager .If ou work here you will find out pretty quick what i am talking about – less
Sales, customer service, collect payments, etc.
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 7, 2014
Pros: insurance, employee matching 401k, pension and pto
Cons: pay, no raises
You can not get raises in the retail store. If you are ok with making $10.96hr until you retire this is the perfect job for you. A typical day is selling accessories, data, video and phone services. Goals can be extremely high so you will not be able to make commission. If you hit goal your commission is not worth all the work you put into it.
it's great working for Cox Communications
Application Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta,GAJune 3, 2014
Work Culture is good. Need good amount of knowledge and you learn day by day being in Cox. Employee relationship is at ease and yoy enjoy working as they don't force work.
Growth opportunity
General Sales Manager (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJune 3, 2014
Developed new market and built sales team. I enjoyed working with the company until they merged markets.
Fast paced
Sales Operations Support Team (Current Employee), OKC, OKJune 3, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: constantly changing
I enjoyed the ability to work from home. I worked on several different projects helping out different departments. Primarily selling Cox services
Product and Efficient
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2014
Great place to work with excellent benefits, room for growth and great staff!
productive, very self rewarding, good management
Authorized Agent (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMay 30, 2014
You get to work on your own, set your own goals. the hardest part of the job are the retail hours
productive and fun place to work
Service Solutions Processor-Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, LaMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I am not interested in reviewing my past employer. great incentives.
Free Cable
Call Volume Analyst (Current Employee), Pensacola, FL & Chesapeake, VAMay 28, 2014
Pros: free cable
As long as you work in the footprint you get free cable. As long as you work in the footprint you get free cable. As long as you work in the footprint you get free cable. As long as you work in the footprint you get free cable. As long as you work in the footprint you get free cable.
If you have a brain and can think, do not work here.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 27, 2014
Typical day will include monotonous work, dumb employees, and management that does not care about you or the job itself. Raises and promotions do not happen, don't ask either. You will be accused of every kind of misconduct imaginable. The QA team will actively go out of their way to give you bad scores. Management will not correct bad behavior from – more... their teams (i.e. yelling profanities across the room, and the customers can hear it) Upper management will not back you up in any action you take with customers. Problems in the service areas cannot be tracked by the reps in anyway, and don't expect your emails to the engineering team to be looked at, much less responded to. Overall, it is just not a good place to work for. – less

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos