Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job Security
Universal Home Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2014
The Company is Large so job security is not a problem. The even better part is management works on creating a family like atmosphere. I felt very appreciated for my work when I was employed for the company.
Good company, very repetitive work
Inbound Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2014
Took phone calls all day. First and last time to work in a call center.
Has ping pong table and pool table. Co workers were fine, management was fine. Call centers are just not for me. If you are able to sit in a cubicle all day and take phone calls then this is a great company.
inbound tech support
NSC Technical Specialist I (Current Employee), oklahoma cityDecember 1, 2014
DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY:
• Receives incoming calls from commercial customers for technical support
• Cable Modem Provisioning/Troubleshooting
• IP and DNS management and troubleshooting
• Plant and network problem trending
• PC/MAC hardware troubleshooting
• Fiber/HiCap troubleshooting, Metro-Ethernet troubleshooting, Webhosting, CBOB, CBSS and – more... other network+ related issues
• Assists with other tasks assigned as needed, to improve the delivery of service to customers – less
customer service
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2014
Pros: working with food
Cons: not enough pay
open doors for selling skills. learn basic customer service skills
great benefits great opportunity
Tech Support (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 26, 2014
Pros: free cable internet phone, awesome benefits
Cons: new people
cox is a great company to work for only problem i had was inter-department communication was a little rough, and it seemed like there were a lot of new people who didn't pay attention in class.
Great job
Field Service Tech (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 25, 2014
Working at cox was good. The interaction with customers was great. co workers had to be one the the best I've ever had.
Typical retail environment
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Roanoke, VANovember 24, 2014
Pros: free cable, excellent health coverage
Cons: low hourly pay, capped commissions, micromanagement
I am a solutions specialist in the Cox retail store. I am the the first point of contact, I sell you your service, I fix your billing issues, I swap out your equipment, walk you through the installation of your new DVR, I discount your account to keep you as a customer, and I do it all with a smile on my face and sincerity in my heart. I have learned – more... some amazing sales techniques that will follow me in my career. I like my coworkers, we are more like a family than a group of coworkers. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the difficult customers who are rude and nasty for no reason at all. (It is hard to keep a smile on your face while someone is cussing at you because they did not pay their bill) The most enjoyable part about my job is working with a team that understands what I am going through, because they are going through it as well. – less
Face paced environment, great commroderity among fellow employees
Retention Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: employee break room with a pool and ping pong table
Cons: healthcare
I received between 25-50 calls a day from customers looking to save money there bills. I had to overcome objections, and be versed in our competition. We were in teams, and worked very well together, sharing best practices, and save success stories. The management was excellent, and kept us accountable. The hardest part about the job was being bridled – more... a desk for 8+hours a day, and the best part was the commroderity amongst the employees. – less
positive company
Universal Home Technician (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2014
Great co-workers
good supervisors
caring management
great benefits
team oriented
call center
INSIDE SALES, DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: great environment and commission bonuses
Cons: part time/ no health care
Upgrading Cox Communication customers with phone, internet and cable.

Heavy outbound calls, data entry, customer service, some troubleshooting and technical support.

Great pay and atmosphere
It's Decent
Center of Excellence Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: fun atomosphere
Cons: time off
It's hard to get time off at times. Daily it's fine. Managers are ok they help out sometimes. Learned more about sales.
Fun workplace
CSR tier III (Former Employee), West Warwick, RINovember 18, 2014
Pros: discount on cable, internet and phone
Cons: constant adjustment of goals ment it was hard to reach sales goals
took fifty to seventy inbound calls a day
I learned hoe to deal with many different types of people
management was ok and helpful sometimes
co-workers were awesome
the hardest part of the job was dealing with "sales calls" that were not "sales calls"
The most enjoyable part of the job was that we had to deal with and adjust to constant changes, it always – more... kept things fresh. – less
Many lasting friendships with co-workers.
Tier2/Tech 2 Internet/Home Network Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: the company has taken a different focus on how they are managing human resources.
Learned a tremendous amount about communication technology(mainly internet) and also how to effectively help people all across the USA learn how to use this and resolve problems when they arise.
Pleasant work environment
Technical Support Analyst Tier 2 Level 2 (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: food and friends
Cons: shift changes. but necessary for client base.
Position was rigorous and demanding. Active work environment with an ever changing technical need. It was imperative to stay on top of the technology. Coherent and logical troubleshooting of issues was vital for success. Typical work day was busy. My friends and coworkers were the best. I will always remember them and hopefully with a little luck I – more... can work with them again the future. – less
great events for employees
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 11, 2014
my time at Cox was great the experience has totally prepared me for the future in how to handle customers
Always something New
Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2014
Pros: always new
Cons: supply chain
The day to day operations always brought something new to the table. The greatest part was being on the cutting edge.
Technical Support and Customer Service
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, leave time, atmosphere, fun things planned by management that go on throughout the day at least monthly. nice big, well equipped break room including 3 recliners and a big screen tv as well as full kitchen.
Cons: very low pay, very little autonomy, rigid schedules, no way to make up for time if it is missed or schedule adherence is thrown off..
I assist customers via the telephone all day as the calls come in with a variety of situations. One or more of their services are not functioning properly so I go through a set of troubleshooting steps to try and get the services restored, think outside the box for solutions, able to determine when and to whom I should forward their issue to, or if – more... a service technician needs to go to their home.

Every call, I try to make it an above and beyond call - exceeding their expectations and leaving them with a great feeling about their experience with Cox Communications that day.

Management at all levels of Cox are very involved and supportive, most all of them started at the level that I am currently working so they have first hand knowledge of not only the technical part of the job, but the challenges and rewards as well.

It is a fantastic atmosphere, most employees seem to really care about their job, the company and the customer. Most will say that they also want to give the customer a great experience.

What I love the most about the job, is the constant interaction with the customer. I feel so rewarded when we are able to solve their issue whether it is a service that isn't working, or a new service that they requested, or they are moving so we have facilitated a transfer - whatever the situation and whatever their disposition was when they called, I feel great if they leave the call happy and satisfied with my efforts and they felt my sincerity.

The most challenging part of the job for me is the total control of every second of your day being closely monitored, analyzed and controlled. I like to spend the extra time with one person if I think that it is in the customers best interest. Sometimes to give them the great experience, is by finishing a time consuming project on my own and then making a call back when it is complete. However, the call center world does not allow for that "downtime" from the phones, therefore the customer either has to stay on the phone the whole time you are resolving the issue which often includes other teams so that means hold times. I am still trying to find a good balance for this situation. Also, call center environments are more geared towards, do your part, pass them on to the next team, move on to the next customer and don't look back. This goes against everything that I have done in the past 25 years. – less
very fun and fast paced
Inbound sales representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 6, 2014
constantly taking calls and keying orders for new and existing customers.
Fast paced sales environment
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Las vegas, NVNovember 5, 2014
Great environment, high energy, great benefits.

The hardest part of the job is adapting to increasing changes as the company streamlines its job practices ultimately hurting its consumers through constant change in leadership and employee churn.
Great people
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 5, 2014
Pros: very open, caring atmosphere
Cons: pay/benefits
Co-workers and I actually learned and cared for what we did. Management seem to care about the employees and did their best to make it a fun environment.

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos