Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learn troubleshooting skills and diffrent office skills
Phone Receptionist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: very relaxing
Talking on the phone with customers is very fun, learning different communications skills. Management provides tons of help in bettering your skills, which makes the job easier.
Productive and awesome place to work. Very grateful for the opportunity.
Retention Coach (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch, and royalties
Cons: turnover rates
A typical day at Cox is like going to an amusement park. Your very excited to see all the new rides ( escalations and employee assistance),but your not quite certain on what part of the park to start ( Time management ). Some of the rides appeared to be a little intimidating and the lines are extremely long but once on the ride reality kicks in and the realization of understanding the rush and anxiety only last for a short period. Once the ride is over a clear understanding that it was not so bad, and that the ride that once was intimidating, ( Disgruntle customers and multiple tasks in need of time management ), is now the highlight of the day.
I learned the importance of work balance, and personality traits. It helped me to be very productive and have a clear understanding on how to deal with people on different levels with maintaining professionalism at all times.
In dealings with co-worker I learned that everyone has a role and that everyone is and should be held accountable for his or her actions but at all time treated with respect and fairness. My co-workers open the door for me for self improvement and allowed me to improve in areas where I at times where not aware there was a struggle on my part.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing when to quit. I had the hardest time putting task off for the next day. My agenda was if there was a minute left in the day there is something that I can get done before that minute was over.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I was able to work with and meet some awesome people. This company was very amendment about customer service and customer service training that there was always opportunity available for growth and structure which aided me in my personal life as well.
Great company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Cox felt like home. All employees felt welcomed and valued until we all got the boot on Halloween. Thanks for the treat! Now, we all can look forward to losing our free internet in a few months.
Customer Service
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: bad management
customer service. taking inbound phone calls. checking customer account and information. up selling products educate customer on services cox provided
This was a fun company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 3, 2015
The Call Center Environment is not for everyone but it is cool. I liked it. It was very thrilling and dynamic, and fast paced. There is growth and potential in this company
Solution Specialist
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits and commission
One of the best careers I worked for was at Cox Communications. The culture is driven with strong team work ethic. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Productive, fun, educational
Call Center Technical support Representative (Former Employee), West Warwick, RIJanuary 30, 2015
Management was excellent, there was always opportunity to advance. A great place to work. Friendly atmosphere. There was always something new to learn.
Good company to work for with fringe benefits.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: company vehicle, freedom and almost free service for your home.
Cons: sometimes the work schedule would be over loaded.
A typical day at work for me was; We were able to bring the company van home so, you would sign into your computer and check out your work schedule and then head to your first customer.
I was Field Service Rep. installing and repairing all of Cox's products and educating the customer on what you installed.

I learned a lot, before I started working for Cox I didn't own a computer, now I am the one my family and friends call for help when they have an issue with their computer.

The management was good. If you did your job well you would be recognized and possibly rewarded.

My co-workers were awesome. Most of us at Cox would have someone that worked in your area and if you needed help or they needed help, we would help each other. Great team work.

The hardest part of the job would be working outside up on a ladder and it either was raining or it was freezing cold but, you could always go to your van to get dry or warm up.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I did a good job because the customer would say so and I just enjoy helping people out and teaching them something new. I always took my time with the senior customers and would not leave until they understood how to use the product that was installed.
Was a Great Company now going through a lot of changes
Field Collections (Former Employee), phoenix, azJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free cable and internet, flexible schedule, great work environment
Cons: none until layoffs and transition to center of excellence (coe)
worked for the Cox Communications for 10+ years. was a great company from the beginning. Now the company is changing and a lot of layoffs happened.
A day at HN
HN Vendor Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2015
In Hospitality Network its a very fast-paced organization. Supporting the needs of the hotel clients and their customers. You must be able to handle multiple situations 7 days a week. I learned lot from this group, RF, leadership skills, not to mention team work and accountability. Co-workers were fantastic, being in a field group really is eye-opening when you get to see what makes the networks run. The hardest part of the job was the constant change, leadership being new and services not up to 21st century standards. The most enjoyable part was supporting the team and getting a thank you from your customers when it was a true job well done.
productive and fun work place
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Yorktown, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: contests ran monthly to increase income
Cons: na
This was a wonderful job. Great company that cared about their employees well being on and off the clock. Family environment
Productive Workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2015
Great environment. Great People. Good benefits. Great feedback. Great Stability.
Cox is an outstanding company to work for
Inbound Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Working for Cox 25 plus years I can't say enough good things about Cox. They take care of their employees fun place to .
work
great company
Cox Business Order Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Cox Communications was a great company for me. Benefits that started day one and job advancement was always there. You got free a cable channels, data and a discount on your telephone service as well.
I personally enjoyed my job
Retail Center Team Lead (Former Employee), Harahan, LAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great bonuses and incentives
Cons: always on call
This company offered bonuses and other incentives. Each day was a challenge. It was occasionally a fun place to work. It provided many on site function and celebrations. It had an opened door policy and embraced new ideas.
Productive and Fun
Communications / Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
I facilitated internal communications of company practices and changes pertaining to employee needs. Partnering with various departments when needed to assist them in any communication strategies such as new ideas, creativity or setting a new standard.

Editor of company’s core newsletter SIGNALS, positively promoting the Cox brand and culture to internal and external audiences.

Maintaining a balance between corporate initiatives, benefits, company vision while keeping an intimate focus on employees, events and achievements.

Very nice company to work for.
Loved being able to work from home.
Customer Service Billing/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Working from home was great. We could access chat if we needed answers to unusual questions. It was a fast paced job and I learned a lot there.
Learnt a lot and wore different hats
QA Test Engineer/Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 20, 2015
Work at Cox was a lot of fun, great people, great technology and Company. Cox is going through a transition and a lot of work is being outsourced to stay competitive.
Cox Rep
Account Servicing Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: training from home
Great services, fast and reliable internet and cable provider.
No flexibility with work hours, shift or scheduling. Offered all benefits for health, did not provide dental insurance. Required to work every weekend, and evenings. I worked remote, from home.
Ask a lot of questions before accepting a job.
Mid Market Account Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free cox tv and internet
Cons: unattainable monthly quotas for someone who doesn't have vendors funneling business to you.
Cox as a company is great overall. Management in the business mid market needs to be held accountable for moral and their actions. Lots of turnover. In the hiring process how you are paid is glossed over and not spelled out until after you are hired. Ask lots of questions about compensation and rules of engagement before being hire. ROE specifically how inbound and outbound call centers function in regard to mid market outside sales.

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos