Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer sales and service for local cable company
Inbound/Outbound Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free cable tv and internet
Cons: being stuck to a desk.
to provide customer sales, support and service. Receive and make phone calls. study and solve problems. I learned about cable tv, internet, and phone hook up in homes. Management was very generous with bonuses and a very nice place to work. Hardest part of the job was meeting always changing goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the competitiveness. – more... . – less
Great pay/benefits
Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 15, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: i wasn't crazy about the shifts we worked
I learned that I can endure much more than I ever thought I could and my work ethic is a lot stronger as well.

My coworkers were great. They were my second family, although I spent more of my AWAKE hours with them then I did my biological family. I miss them, but we keep in touch.

The job was extremely stressful but we always seem to get through it – more... and supported each other. The job was constantly changing as we merged with other Cox locations/systems and that always created issues. We would always struggle through it and succeeded. – less
Great People, Great Benefits
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits included free cable and internet.
Cons: remote offices didn't always get the same attention as corporate offices
When they say Work Life Balance, they mean it. I never dreaded going in to work, I enjoyed my co-workers, and my boss was the best. The product that we provided was easy to believe in, it truly was a great product, always striving to stay on the cutting edge of the market.
Great Employer, good benefits.
Comm. Center Test Desk Technician (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VAAugust 14, 2014
Cox communications is a good place to work with excellent benefits and offer free cable and internet as part of being an employee.
a fantastic place to work
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), West Warwick, RIAugust 12, 2014
my time at cox has been my best work experience both with the customers and employees.
a good place to work
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 9, 2014
Nice salary, good beenfits, and good managers and coworkers.
Productive and fun workplace
Analyst (Current Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 8, 2014
A typical day is wonderful, very busy but productive and just a overall great place to work.
Great Place to Work
Home Service Technician (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 7, 2014
Customer and technology driven but field technician are not valued in the highest regard and constant change in rules and regulation
Worked in the field
Fiber Optic Technician II (Former Employee), las vegas, nvAugust 6, 2014
Pros: management trusted me to make my own decisions on my jobs.
Cons: unsafe conditions for my contractor
Supervising projects, supervising contractors, going over plans and/or revising plans and visiting sites for status of projects.
Building long standing relationships with different hotel/casino personnel, and patience when training new employees in the field.
Weekly meetings was the only contact to give updates and deadline information.
Fun and outgoing
Doing – more... paperwork and stuck in the office alone.
Meeting in the field to have lunch together.s – less
Stressed and a daily headache
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good money if you can get it.
Cons: fearing for your job every week.
I literally had a headache everyday I swiped my badge to start my shift. most people just say that in a joking fashion... I had to visit my doctor who put me on happy pills to deal with going to work.
I don't want to dog the company, I loved my paychecks.. My bank account was happy.

Now that I'm no longer employed I value my sanity and non headache – more... days. The money simply wasn't worth the daily grind at the job. – less
Interesting position
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: i worked overnight.
Cons: jobs may have been in areas that weren't so safe.
I worked at night throwing the newspaper. I learned to not take any job for granted. All work should be given 100 %. Management was distant but fair. My co-workers were fun. The hardest part of my job was seeing the addresses to deliver the paper correctly. The most enjoyable part was that it was in the middle of the night so not much interaction.
Would not recommend
Tier 1 Technical Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 3, 2014
No opportunity for further advancement. The job was initially technical support, but later developed into sales
Best Company I ever worked for!
Fiber Optics Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, advancement
My experience at Cox was Great. I would love to work for them again.
Benefits were great family life was awesome money even better. Great time in my life. If you work for this company do your best and you will be rewarded for your hard work.
N/A
customer service/ctdi (Current Employee), customer serviceJuly 30, 2014
I help fix any issues that we have with able boxes. I also work at assembly line .
Easy
Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 29, 2014
This is a great place to work. There is the common call center bureaucracy but overall its a great place.
Tech Support Rep (Current Employee), Parma, OHJuly 29, 2014
Great place to work- they have great supervisors- everyone helps everyone type of team environment.
....
Sale Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 24, 2014
I would not like to comment about this job at this time .. Thank you
Cox was a good company to work for.
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: paycheck and benefits
Cons: its a call center
My position at Cox was in a call center. The environment could be stressful a times because the call volume would be high and we would be very short-handed and have to do at least an hour of mandatory overtime everyday with thirty minute lunches.
Very numbers driven and less customer experience
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP (Former Employee), chesapeake, vaJuly 19, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, team managers, and decent pay
Cons: too concerned with the bottom line and not providing a good customer experience
While you may get rave reviews from the customers for going above and beyond the call of duty your work evaluations will suffer for not focusing on what COX cares about. Money
Great benefits and good work environment
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Was at Cox for 17 years... great company. Good resources and lots of opportunities to move around in the company across the country.

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos