Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced laid back enviornment
Department supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: free cable and internet
Cons: nothing
A typical day here was log into the phones and start problem solving for employees and customers. Lots of fun with low stress. Management was wonderful. The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness. Sometimes, it felt like I would answer the same questions all day long. The most enjoyable part was working in a low stress enviornment. I had some – more... good times there. – less
Helper
billing specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 24, 2014
Worked with elderly people who got placed into the care center and took care of them
Growing Company
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas,NvDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: poor training
Very Well Coordinated Workplace All Family Owned. Great Sales Experience.
Excellent company
IT Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2014
Excellent company. Everyone is very helpful and hard working. If you work hard, your work will be appreciated. If you don't work hard then it is easily noticeable. A lot of perks available to employees. Pay is great as well. Job advancement maybe a bit challenging but will purely depend on the team you are in.
Fun and Fast Paced
Service Technician (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 21, 2014
A typical day at work would be managing your own inventory/equipment, maintaining a company vehicle every day, and driving to 11+ different locations every day.

I would work in peoples houses and inform them of the services that they were ordering, or upgrade them to better services in order to increase sales numbers.

There was a sense of comradery – more... with all co-workers as we would all assist each other if needed even though the assistant would not get paid in addition.

The most enjoyable part about the job would be working with so many different people and meeting new people every day. It was very fun being able to talk to new customers and make new connections, and increase sales. – less
Fast paced and innovative work enviorment
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Alexandria VaDecember 20, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: job security
I enjoyed my time with COX and value what I learned there but the sales pressure & turn over ratio wasn't the most comfortable feeling. Although I always met and exceeded my monthly goals there was never a sense of security. Wouldn't change my experience for anything though, much appreciated.
hard working and challenging and fun
Universal Home Tech (Current Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 19, 2014
I learned how to troubleshoot cable from the home to the hub. I learned how to fix cable leakage, balance rf signal, and repair digital impairments. On a daily basis, track down the different problems that interrupted the service of video, high speed data, and telephone. My coworkers were pretty cool to work with. I got along with everyone. It was a – more... good feeling to get customers back up and working – less
fun atmosphere, great co-workers, great incentives
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: chance to win prizes
Cons: short breaks, mandatory overtime
overall, cox is a great place to work with great pay and incentives. I learned a lot about my self and patience. Management gave forth good effort but often fell shy of my expectations due to such a large company. The hardest part of my job was adapting to continuous changes in such a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers – more... and the overall job atmosphere, very laid back and people were mindful and respectful of others. – less
Dont see management much. Good pay
Account Services Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: disconnected, bully maintality if you ask for help
Cox offers good pay strait from the day you enter the door and the training is great . You dont see much of management and asking for help after training is frowned Upon. I WAS CALLED DUMB!
Great company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, challenging
Cons: prospecting 24/7
Responsibilities included driving business growth by increasing client spending and harnessing new business opportunities. Pursued sales across multiple channels, including radio advertising, events, and internet marketing. Leveraged industry ratings to bolster revenue-generating initiatives. Identified potential new clients through prospecting, networking, – more... cold calling, and client meetings; orchestrate RFPs. Conducted industry research encompassing competition and consumers to create customized client business plans. Project-managed all accounts and oversaw account activities throughout life cycle. Ensured optimal sales performance by delivering training around internal/external sales processes to new hires. – less
It's a great place to work.
Customer Advocate Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: short commute, large work space, lots of perks
Cons: taking verbal abuse from customers on escalated calls
Answering Tier 2 tech calls and customer calls in a call center environment. The hardest part is taking verbal abuse from customers on escalated calls. I have learned that customers want the most for the least and don't like the yearly rate increases. I really enjoy fixing tech and customer issues and get satisfaction from a "Thank you for fixing my – more... problem" – less
great place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2014
Pros: workout room, free services, flexible management styles, employee concerned.
Cons: time off alotments.
Very productive work environment. Easy to get along with fellow employees and have all of the right tools to do the job. Supply a workout room lunch room and onsite vendors to get lunch.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Specialist/Lead (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 8, 2014
Great place to work. I would still be there if not for the lay off
Fun Casual Work Environment
Tech Support (Former Employee), San Diego Call CenterDecember 8, 2014
Pros: decent starting wages, benefits, good management staff
Cons: laid off when the san diego campus downsized/shut down
Great company to work for, good benefits. Lots of company participation activities and contests.
Coll Spec I (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: outsourcing
Cox, is one of the few companies that I have worked for that I really felt that they understood the value of their employees. The job its self wasn't at all that difficult if able to understand and not let the customer get to you.

My most enjoyable part was my department and the people that I worked with from day to day.
Overall
National Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Great company, lots of growth here. Flexible hours, lots of benefits
Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President (Current Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 3, 2014
You are valued at Cox. They offer a wonderful benefits plan. You can express your ideas to improve processes.
All work no Family
Cable installer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: family time
Worked all the time late and no time for Family and to go back to school.
productive fun workplace
Construction Svc Supt Spec II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
More information upon request. I have worked at Cox Communications since 2004 and have enjoyed every year of it. I have learned what it means to be a leader and am not affraid to take risks. I have worked with everyone from customers calling in troubleshooting problems to high level directors.
Fun, excellent work environment
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 2, 2014
Simply put, it's the best job I've ever had. From the higher up management to direct supervisors to co-workers, everybody truly enjoys their job. Excellent pay (not to mention the perks) along with a real opportunity for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos