Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A place for advancement
Tech support rep (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 27, 2014
I loved my job here just for the simple fact that I got to learn so many new things and get paid well during this time.
Professional working environment with fun incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 27, 2014
Pros: schedule, compensation and benefits as well as incentives
Cons: restrictive talk time and man time sometimes made it difficult to fully assist clients
Friendly and helpful staff. Great training. Contests and incentives made the position even more enjoyable. Great coworkers.
Productive, Great co-workers, great employees
IT Desktop Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pay, stability, healthcare, opportunity for growth
Cons: lots of discussion of unions, locations to relocate
Very fast paced
Very busy
Most management was very professional
Coworkers were effective and most of the time efficient
Fun place to work!
Graphics/Audio Freelancer (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
I was there as an intern and then hired on as a Freelancer. I enjoyed working with their crew! Everyone supports one another and encourage one another to advance.
Great Pay Scale, Bonuses & Employee Benefits
Retention Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2014
Pros: breakfast, lunch, free cable, phone, internet, prizes, gifts and huge bonuses
Cons: frequent changes to the system and protocol
A typical day at work consisted of taking a lot of calls and handling irate customers. At Cox I learned that it's not always wise to be the social butterfly, strictly business is the motto. Management at Cox I must say rather unorthodox. There were 4 supervisors plus a manager on floor and to it was rather difficult to get any type was consulting. The – more... instant messaging system was awesome for the fact that all employees could communicate with and help each other out. My co-workers were awesome, everyone wanted to excel and compete on a daily basis. Even with the stress of the job the employees all supported each other and also helped the new hires. The hardest part of the job would have to had been the frequent changes to the system and protocol. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the money! – less
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: ..
Cox has good benefits and job work life balance. I've truly enjoyed working at Cox, my co-workers are the best part of my job.
OK place
INBOUND SALES AGENT (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: expectations
overall company is great , management and time management is not good very stressful as well
Inovative company offering the fastest interent, quality phone, and most advanced video technologies .
Technical support (Current Employee), Parma Heights, OHOctober 23, 2014
I am proud to have been part of one the most trusted communications providers.
Over the 26 years I worked at Cox I enjoyed the chance to launch innovative products including, digital cable, whole home video recording, high speed data, and telephony.
Cox communications with its diverse work force allowed me to grow personally as well as professionally. – more... Working with the latest online tools and equiptment. – less
Great Place to work
Universal Home Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Very challenging work environment. The Daily activities include stocking my vehicle and servicing up to 10 homes on an average day.
Great company with many constant changes
Director (Current Employee), ATLOctober 22, 2014
Great family company going thru many changes, family run so they care about their people and treat them well.
Good but Greedy
Account Services Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2014
They strive for excellent customer service, but they fall short because their prices have gone through the roof and make it tough for a rep to make customers happy.
Easy going relaxed culture
Sr. Manager of Loyalty & Retention (Former Employee), Herndon, VAOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work, pro employee. Management from top down seem to genuinely care about their people.
Productive and very family oriented
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: cox helps make sure their employees are healthy, and cable srvc is awesome!! cox also has great resources to make family life a lil more soothing.
Cons: i know that change must take place for the good, but i don't like that a lot of positions had to move to different states, caused many people to be without jobs, but cox did make sure to get classes and prepare us for the worse.
typical work day is pretty nice, coming in to see all the smiles on co-workers faces. we are all like family!! we work together and help each other out when needed and make sure everyone has a great lunch. we modivate each other to stay healthy, all while working to keep our customers happy. i enjoy everything about my job. the hardest part would be – more... when i come across someone who may be having a bad day and i can't get them to smile. i tend to be happy majority of the time and would like for everyone to share the joy!! – less
Enjoyable field work, not stuck within four walls all day.
CATV Technician/Installer (Former Employee), Bryan, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: meeting new people daily, as well as seeing new places.
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed my experience with Cox Communications because I was out and about each and every day, not stuck in a monotonous building/office all day. I also enjoyed the experience of being able to be creative as far as running outlets, wall drops, etc. and thoroughly enjoyed being able to use my hands and feeling the fulfillment at the end of every job – more... just knowing that I did it, not only with my own two hands, but also along with a little thinking and creativity. – less
N/A
Material Specialist lll (Current Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaOctober 17, 2014
A great place to work. Great technology, great product. People are easy going
Great Pay, Boring Company
Competitive Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: pay, location, development, projects
Cons: unstable, boring, not social
I've been working here for a while as a contractor. The pay is great, management is very smart and there is a lot of responsibility. No one is taking your work, or ideas. But it is a Corporate Blue Collar job. So if that's what your looking for its perfect for you.
Customer focused and employee friendly environment
Manager, Technical Support (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2014
Cox creates a supportive environment that encourages it's employees to pursue advancements within the organization. It is a team environment where everyone supports each other.
Great Place to work, if you can and will work any schedule.
Technical Support I (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: poor schedules
Cox is a great place to work, if you can and will work any shift. The benefits are fantastic as most of your cable bill will be free. The work at home feature is wonderful as it can be a hassle to go into the actual call center.
retention rep
retention rep (Current Employee), chesapeake vaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: change in company
Managed high call volume with tact and professionalism.
l Defused volatile customer situations calmly and courteously.
l Accurately documented, researched and resolved customer service issues
typical day at work
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), LA caOctober 14, 2014
• Troubleshot different type of computer, Printers, Copiers, hardware and network related problems. Trained in most Hp printers, cannon copiers installation and hardware configuration.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos