Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
managed contractors
Project Manager (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: loved the job
Cons: taveling
I was in charged of managing the rebuild of 2 CATV systems.
I also assisted with 2 others.
I was required to manage a number of contractors, from Bossier City to Lake Charles, La,
Used to be a fun place
Collector Spec II (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free cable and internet
Cons: Low pay
This company does not try to retain best associates. Tenure does not mean anything. Job security is not important to them. They will give your job to a 3rd party.
Na
Retail Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 24, 2015
Great company to work for. I enjoyed the opportunity while at Cox Communications...................................................................
Sales Driven Company
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2015
Typical day: Required to open and close store daily.
What I learned: Every customer has a different scenario.
Management: Micro-management.
Co-workers: will do anything to sell.
Hardest part of the job: keeping pace of sales quota.
Most enjoyable part of job: best day of the job is going home after a great sales day.
Very Good Organization
Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 23, 2015
Cox is very good and nice organization. i love to work with them. and i defiantly recommend it for my friends too.

Good work. Keep doing it.

Thanks for giving me a chance to work with this organization.
Great Place to work. Good Compensation
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Mesa, azMarch 23, 2015
This company has always looked out for it's employees and offers a great value to all its customers. I would still be working there if I had not relocated to California.
My experience with Cox Communication
SALES SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches, early dismissal the day before a holiday
Cons: no formal classroom training.
Management was excellent in addressing any concerns or problems.
The hardest part of the job was not receiving formal training. The systems they have are very difficult to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was team building, celebrating every ones birthday, monetary incentives to reach our sales and installation goals.
Very busy and always looking to improve their product offering and latest features
ERM-Environment Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2015
Typical day is meeting with many crossfunctional teams to decide the relase package, the requirments and timelines, and plan out the efforts to deploy to production.

Overall, there is a sense of always looking forward and to the next feature enhancement, defect resolution, and technical functionality, which make the work here fast paced and always challenging, not only in quantity, but in pushing you to think ahead, outside the box, and be flexible.
Great company to work for.
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2015
Excellent pay, great benefits, tons of spiffs, tons of contests, did a lot in the community. Co-workers were the best part of the job. Had they not closed the call center in San Diego, I would still be working there.
Great- supportive staff. Fun working enviroment'
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2015
Pros: the job securty and staff-- co-workers and managment.
Cons: shift bids. pto requests being waitlisted. and attendance policy.
Fast paced and everyone is so nice! We are all one big team even though we have multiple smaller teams. The supervisors are always there to help you improve where you need-- and they don't make you feel like your a failure when it takes the 'thirds the charm' on some steps or metric. The don't give up.. they find what fits you. The whole company is this way. The customers however happy or however sad are some of the best in the business.
Great Team, Exciting and Fast paced
Support Engineer (Former Employee), WarwickMarch 16, 2015
Pros: intensity
Cons: group closed
An enjoyable experience from beginning to end. The oportunity to help out customers with all flavors of consumer technology issues from WIFI setup to malware recovery.
Universal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Metairie LouisianaMarch 16, 2015
Work hard you, the rewards are awesome. Hours are compatible for those who have families. The location is perfect for those who reside 20 minutes away.
A typical call center job with out being scripted
Technical Support Rep (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poorly spaced breaks and they push to hard for sale in departments that dont actually have to sell.
A typical work day can be long depending on how you approach the job, i have learned great communication skills, all my co workers are some of the nicest people I have ever met the hardest part of the job in my opinion is the selling that is REQUIRED to do. The people i get to work with is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Ok place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 13, 2015
Point blant...its a job, you take calls from customers. I wishe that there was a way to weed out customers that are calling for nothing. Just do your job and follow all guidelines, it pays some of the bills
Local Cable company
Network Technician (Former Employee), Omaha NebraskaMarch 12, 2015
Bad leadership no room for advancement unless you are good with them. At times a good ole boy system. Jobs can be a dead end so don't plan to stay long, be ready to work in all weather conditions.
Great Customer Service Driven Company.
Tier 1 Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee), West Warwick, RIMarch 11, 2015
Cox Communications allowed me to stretch my skills with technical & soft-skills trainings.
---
Except for when we all got laid off I had no complaints with their treatment of their employees and even then "The needs of the business come first!"
The lay off allow them to more centralize their support to become more efficient. Unfortunately, I am was not in the position to move at the time.
Dillards
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 10, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: standing all day
Fun place to work if you are a go getter and a really good people person. Fav cust come in a specifically request you, great discounts. Laid back in most departments.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: wonderful hr department, great benefits
Cons: unwilling to work with you on outside issues like family member health.
Awesome environment. Friendly management. Advancement opportunities galore as long as you do your job. The benefits are great, discounts on a plethora of things from food to cell phone bills. Very affordable health, vision, and dental insurance.
Fun work place with new people
Contractor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good lunch break
Cons: loud environment
I would answer phones and meet new faces everyday. Relaxed and enjoyable work place with friendly co-workers and good benefits.
fast paced work enviroment
Administrative Professional II (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 9, 2015
put up room set up ordering luch for VP I also helped me have better bussniss edicuit had no real co workers due to i was hourly and the ones i supported was hourly not knowing and not getting directions from my Director and knowing when to company came it visit I liked makeing pepoles day by bring snacks by

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos