Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work
Tech Support (Current Employee), Omaha NE USANovember 13, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: too far from loved ones
You are treated as a person and someone that is now apart of the Cox Communications family. They do everything they can to keep you working there with them.
Good place to start
Tech Support (Current Employee), WichitaApril 18, 2014
Pros: good benifets
Cons: dificult to make changes
Good place to work strong corporate culture if you excel in processes and following the system is an excellent place to work.
productive and trusted provider
Accountant Specialist I (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, La. 70802April 17, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit
Cons: work shifts
Wonderful company to work for, building rapport with customers, working with other departments as a team.
fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Cranston, RIApril 14, 2014
Pros: different tasks every day
very challenging job but every day it was good... always busy.
good buisiness
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: owner
Cons: location
great business to buy into but it was dissolved after a few years because of location
Great
Collections Specialist I (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 14, 2014
Look foward to going into work everyday....................................................................................................................................................................................................
Unorganized and Dysfunctional Company
Indirect Account Manager (Current Employee), Oklahma City/TulsaApril 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the company as a whole is downsizing, upper managent for the company are very unorganized and they do not care for their employees.
Upper management do not care about their employees. They do not communicate well with there employees. When things are going good you do not hear from them and they take all the credit for things they did not take time and effort to do themselves(not asking for any kind of kudos because I am not that type of employee I can care less about that), but – more... soon as something goes wrong everyone is in uproar. – less
Great place to work and great people.
Field Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAApril 10, 2014
Cox is like one big family and has a lot of great people working for them.
Horrible
Customer Retention Represetative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: management, culture
I was hired in 10/2013, let go in 1/2014 for "releasing calls" which was bogus. Come to find out that they are laying off the retention department because of a consolidation with their OKC office.
Cox is a great place to work!
Director, People Services (Current Employee), Cox, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: great culture, great team members
I work with a great team of professionals! No matter what the day brings, we all pull together to ensure our employees have what they need to do their best work.

Our company is changing and the most challenging part of my job is "going with the flow", influencing decisions that are no longer made locally and developing new relationships and ways of – more... working across the enterprise, not just within the region.

The most rewarding part of my job is coaching and mentoring leaders. I love it and am good at it! – less
Cox Communications
Dispatcher II (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAApril 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cox is a very family oriented place to work. I enjoy my interaction with all employees. I enjoy the ability to be able to resolve problems and have built rapport with all of my colleagues.
Good location
Lead Access Network Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2014
good location

nice people

job security

lot of social work, like family
High pressure and High stress job
Sr Support Specialist (Current Employee), West Warwick, RIApril 5, 2014
Pros: free cable services
Cons: high stress, no time to take a minute to gather your thoughts, leadership not empathetic or supportive
Typical Call Center environment.

Management un-supportive.

Did learn a lot about video and telephony systems.

Co-workers are great and very supportive.

Hardest part of the job is being able to adjust your mind set to accommodate the knowledge level of the people you are assisting.

The most enjoyable is being able to help people and the appreciation – more... and thanks they give you after resolving their issues. – less
Very employee focused. Great company
Field Service Manager (Current Employee), West Warwick, RIApril 3, 2014
Very good company to work for. Great leadership, fast paced work environment. Always something new to deal with.
Good Pay, poor ethics
On the Job Trainer (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VaApril 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: unreliable career
Pay and advancement is great but once you become a senior member with good pay they love to look for a reason to fire you. Their unspoken ideals are its better to have two new techs making 13 an hour vs have one experienced senior guy making 28 an hour. After 9 dedicated years of service I was fired because I left a meeting early to do to an install – more... I was late for. And I was not on any written warning what so ever. From 2009-2010 they fired over 30 senior techs!!!! – less
Great company to work for.
Account Services Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: busy
I would still be with Cox but they had to relocate the Accout Service Department to Wichita, Kansas.
Great Company and excellent benefits
Interim Retail Coach (Current Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, compensation, wages
Cons: moving up can be difficult as management tend to hold their positions for a long time.
Great company to work for and once you are in the Company you can go anywhere. The benefits are great and it is a employee centered environment.
Overall a great place to work
Call Volume Analyst (Current Employee), West Warwick, RIMarch 29, 2014
Pros: employee centered, benefits, morale
Cons: little advancement opportunity
Cox is a very employee-centered company. When it comes to work/life balance, Cox usually puts the employee's needs ahead of the businesses.

My time at Cox has helped me learn a tremendous amount about call center management, operations and administration, as well as a great deal of technical knowledge of the telecommunications industry.

The biggest – more... downside of working for Cox has to be the lack of advancement opportunities. Internal job postings are very few and far between, and many are lateral moves. In the rare chance that an advancement opportunity is posted, as the old saying goes, "It's not what you know, but who you know," couldn't be more true.

Despite the above, employee morale is generally very high. Employees are all very friendly with one another, and all help each other out in any way possible. – less
Great work environment with great co workers
Technical Support Tier1 (Current Employee), Seekonk MassMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working close with my team, helping one another achieve monthly goals, friendly work environment
Cons: the only con id have currently is losing my job due to the business consolidating.
My typical work day would consist of my generally going in about 45 minutes early to catch up on emails and follow up on sales leads, typically I would also chat with my supervisor a bit prior to my shift beginning. When time came to start taking calls I would put my phone into auto in and begin my work day answering inbound calls
concerning questions – more... about products and services, engaging in real time troubleshooting while the customer is on the telephone. – less
Great work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: horrible turn over rate
I love working here its like being around family. The pay is awesome and the benefits are even better.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

As the third largest cable provider in the nation, Cox Communications, Inc. is noted for its high-capacity, reliable broadband – Read more

Cox Communications Photos