Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a nice place to work
Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2015
Excellent co-workers, good benefits, management treats employees good, tuition reimbursement allows employees to go to college at night.
Rewarding and challenging place to work
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
I have worked for Cox Communications for 14 + years and have been extremely happy with the challenges, work environment, advancement opportunities, benefits, supervisors, and colleagues.
A productive and fun workplace
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at Cox is assisting customers who call in needing technical assistance when their internet, telephone, or cable services aren't working.
Very Corporate
Reporting & Segmentation Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2015
Cox was a very challenging job and learned a lot of new programs and was tasked on a daily basis to help me advance in my career. Was empowered by the company to make decisions to assist customers internal and external without the fear of failure. This was a great company to work for until they became overly corporate and was more focused on what your degree was in than who could do the job
na
Customer Retention Representative (Former Employee), Las VegasFebruary 27, 2015
Do not care to disclose at this time, can be asked during interview as my review is based on department and not the company as a whole.
COX
Consultant / Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: atmosphere, management
Cons: nothing
They are one of the best company's to work from in the city of Tucson , especially when you also in the sales field. When I was hired on to Cox Communion , I thought that this was a job . Come to find out it was more like an career with advancement .
Fun and Engergizing
Third Party Sales (Former Employee), Wichita,KSFebruary 26, 2015
Management kept focus on important areas without getting distracted. Every day was interesting and I never minded going to work.
The Cox Middleware Integration project is to maintain a Middleware database which is updated from three source databases and is utilized by the COX we
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2015
• Responsible and active in the analysis, design, implementation and deployment of full software development lifecycle (SDLC) of the project.
• Actively participated in the daily SCRUM meetings to produce quality deliverables on time.
• Developed various UML diagrams like use cases, class diagrams, interaction diagrams (sequence and collaboration) and activity diagrams.
• Used JPA, JDBC connections and statements (chose either according to performance requirements) to perform changes on database.
call center environment
NSC Technical Specialist (Former Employee), West Warwick, RIFebruary 21, 2015
held multiple positions at this location. ranging from customer support and handling calls. to dispatch operations and leadership
Cox Communications Review
Inbound Sales Representative / Customer Retention (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2015
Cox Communications offers an awesome benefit package that is effective from day one. They are supportive of their employees and make coming to work very enjoyable.
Productive and fun workplace
Telemarketing Rep I (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: helping clients and commission
Cons: short breaks
Everyday, whether you wanted to or not, was a time for learning. Employees are free to answer the phone without using a written script. In my particular department, the commissions were very adequate.
Family oriented
Technical Support (Current Employee), Deer Valley, AZFebruary 20, 2015
I loved working for cox the do any and everything to make sure you and your family okay. As far as if your needing help with bills or a little tine off they are willing to work t=with you.
Benefits are good but that's about it
Tier 1 Tech Support (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 20, 2015
I did Tech support which was stressful in itself and then the undying pressure of management to push sales was over the top. The culture was more about skimming a dollar out Joe Q Public than actually providing top notch customer service. Then due to outsourcers and other incompetent coworkers you would lose out in sales because you would clean up their mess and they would still get the glory. If you love their services then you might be able to tolerate their turn and burn mentality when it comes to you. I was their for over 6 months before I had my first sit down coaching and have never worked for a more haphazardly ran organization.
no loyalty to their employees
Field Technician (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2015
daily worries about loosing your job. constantly changing policies that are held against you if you aren't a favorite of management.
overall a good place to work
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, La.February 13, 2015
Pros: environment and benefits
Cons: cutting of pay
Over the 21 years I was with Cox as with any large organization there were both good and bad changes however I must say overall it was a good place to work
Great place with awsome co-workers
Encoder/Master Control Operator (Former Employee), Goleta, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: fun co-workers
Cons: moved postion out of state
Oversaw day-to-day of Operations of Master Control, Encoding / Ingest, Engineering, IT support, and Network Operations.
A typical day
Technical Support (Former Employee), Springdale, ARFebruary 11, 2015
My day at work with Cox were none stop customer service and being supervised all day. Also, having great co-workers working together as a team.
Fun to work for
Technical support (Former Employee), San Diego ca and Norfolk VaFebruary 11, 2015
generally a great company with great benefits,great managers and overall great staff. Facilities are great and dinning and recreation facilities are outstanding
Tech Support - Horrible company
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: pay is good - free food often
Cons: everything else
Zero care about work life balance - a ton of mandatory overtime - sales expectations were reasonable but I came to work every day afraid of losing my job. My supervisor was only interested in numbers - mentioned things I was concerned with and little remorse given and zero action taken. They preach "empowerment" but found myself having to call the supervisor line every other call to solve situations.
Depends on the position you hold
Outbound Business Sales (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor management in my department
If you are in the right position the company is fantastic to work for. If you are in the wrong one it can be a nightmare. Benefits are really good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos