Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work, exercies your mind
Lead Toolmaker / Mold Repair Tech (Current Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: they closed
Good poeple to work with,
Lots of training,
Lots of work,
Good management
ok job overall
Machine Operator (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: pay, people
Cons: job treats temps like nobodys
I love the people and the job I just wish the temps meant more to them they will drop a good temp before a bad permanent
Market Driven Company
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), SVPDecember 29, 2013
Overall, a good company that has a strong market focus. In the last couple of years the company has started to invest in organic growth which is a new approach for Covidien. Has good long term potential for growth.
overall good Company
Regional Accounts Specialist (CSR) III (Current Employee), Mansfield, MADecember 28, 2013
Pros: vacation time is good
Cons: scheduled breaks and not being able to get up from your desk
The day starts with answering the phone lines and helping customers with order placement and inquiries. Replying to emails for our Sales Force and helping them meet the needs of our customers. There are deadlines to meet for month end, quarter end and year end for the Sales Force budgets and making sure all orders are processed.

I have learned to listen – more... to our customers and our inside customers as well and making sure they know their needs will be met and any follow up that may be needed will happen in a timely mannor.

Management as a whole is okay.

I feel that I am part of a team with the people that I work with and we have a goal of making sure our customers come first.

The hardest part of the day is when there are many calls in que. Each call is customer that is important and to make sure that the customer has a good feeling once the call is completed.

The most enjoyable part of the day is the beginning of the day when the day is new and I am ready to give it my best. – less
Good product, good technology, nice people, fair benefits
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CADecember 24, 2013
I've had a good experience here, I've enjoyed code, the team, the work environment. The hardest part has been that the majority of the software development (at least for my product) is done in Boulder, Colorado which makes team collaboration difficult.
Typical Corporate America
R&D Testing Services Engineering Technician III (Former Employee), North Haven, CTDecember 21, 2013
Covidien got me my start in corporate america, I basically grew up in the company. After years i started to learn the strategies of the company. It was that knowledge that pushed me to find a new beginning. Covidien doesn't really like people that think outside the box, the old guard is set in there ways and they do not like to deviate from those ways. – more... The typical work day is very structured but you can have a good time if thats your personality, – less
good company to work for in general
Systems Analyst / SW Engr / Data Architect (Current Employee), Mansfield, MADecember 20, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too much attention to this quarters financial results, not long enough term picture thinking
This is a good company to work for in general. It's growing, healthy in a recession resistant industry. I work in IT and currently IT is going through offshoring. The bad is that it is publicly held and they pay too much attention to this quarters financials instead of medium term or long term planning.
Excellent and progressive company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 17, 2013
Pros: free coffee, tea, sometimes cookies, muffins, etc.
Working as an Administrative Professional at Covidien was a rewarding and fulfilling experience. Over the many years I was privileged to work for and with so many amazing and talented individuals we were all learning so much every day about our jobs, the products and our company.

Management continuously communicated what we needed to do in order for – more... our teams to be successful and meet the company goals.

The company was team based, in my experience we supported each other cross-functionally and cross-campus to get the job done!

We all work incredibly hard, but always with a smile! – less
Good job
Lead /Material Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2013
Pros: great pay
Checked order picked product.
Pick product to be delivered to DC.
Load and Unload freight onto trucks.
Verify correct product in system using RF scanners.
have very profitable profits
Contractor: Power Electronics (Former Employee), Boulder, CODecember 9, 2013
state-of-the-art lab, very hands-on environment

can learn new things every working day

enjoy my work
I built a fine life with the help of Covidien.
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), North Haven, CTDecember 7, 2013
Highly profitable company. The dynamics are changing as the pressures of cost savings rise.
Productive, fast paced environment
Set Up Technician (Former Employee), DeLand, FLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: too much overtime, no home life
Highly fast paced environment, running around machines to keep them running, heavy lifting. Hardest part of the job was the job/ life balance, worked too many hours to really have a home life.
Productive workplace
PTL (Former Employee), boulder coDecember 5, 2013
manage head count / work with operations engineering to improve process / meet or exceed production goals
Great place to work, innovation is rewarded
Senior Product Development Engineer (Former Employee), North Haven, CTNovember 21, 2013
Pros: name recognition, size, salary
Learned the workings of a large company (having come from a start-up) which was very interesting and enjoyable. I had great bosses during my tenure. Ideas were always welcomed. Work/Life Balance is an important resource for the Company
great place to work
Technician (Former Employee), swillingtonNovember 21, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: closing down
Fantastic place to work,close to home great working hours,And good pay.
Good company and people to work with, who take care of their staff.
Senior Controls Test Technician (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: paid dinner for 2nd-shift workers on active project.
Cons: short lunch (1/2 hour).
Medical device development company with a talented staff of Engineers and technicians who are easy to work with and helpful and supportive. Company has been a leader in their industry for many years and the atmosphere is one of a close knit and relaxed environment. People work hard but it felt like a rewarding experience.
Excellent Company to work for.
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 18, 2013
Pros: work life balance of being able to telecommute every wednesdays
Cons: not as much development as one would like.
Job Autonomy which enables you to take charge of your day and your projects. I've developed tremendous skills in the areas of Healthcare Professional payments and reporting requirements for Compliance issues. Business Intelligence Reporting is a new skill and a detailed knowledge of the Grants process.
Production Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2013
Had fun while staying engaged. More manual labor with this environment.
OK Steping Stone
Site Lead Desktop Support (Current Employee), Boulder, CONovember 5, 2013
Good place to start, but no where to move and don't pay there people
FDA facility. VERY STRESSFUL work environment!!!!!
Production Associate (Former Employee), Plainfield, INNovember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits: health care, life insurance, 401k, paid vacations, etc.
Cons: too structured!!!!! they don't care about their employees!!!!!
I manufactured and inspected oxygen bottles for the healthcare industry. EVERYTHING HAD TO BE DOCUMENTED!

About Covidien

Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes – Read more