Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work and intreating during breaks.
Operator (Current Employee), PlymouthFebruary 4, 2014
It's just like a job where you try to get through, not trying to think about the time, go in clean the work station and make sure everything you going to use is sanitize. Co-works are encouraging team mates, making sure that you sign the papers or help you if your behind.
Driven Medical Company
Medical Devices Sales Representative (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPFebruary 4, 2014
Always in the field
Sales training provided
Product and regional sales manager
Great team
Friday afternoon meetings
Some after hour work on weekends
Above average place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: systems limitations
Covidien was a great place to work and feel lucky to have been with the company for the last 17 years.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Puerto RicoJanuary 29, 2014
Marketing professional with over 14 years of experience in the Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, and Insurance industries. Strong experience turning around businesses through implementation of vision, leadership, operational efficiency and strategy execution. Strong Sales Management within multi-country and multi-channel environment. In depth understanding – more... of the hospital, insurance, distribution and payer network.
Excellent knowledge in Pricing and Rebates agreements. Highly skilled at conceiving sales and promoting plans developing new markets facilitating healthy revenues. Ability to identify and develop market opportunities. Computer literate: Microsoft Office, Navition, JD Edwards, People Soft. Bilingual (English & Spanish). – less
Large Company with very Dynamic work atmosphere
Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good compensation and benefits
Cons: no work/life balance
Mananged all cost accounting activities within the plant. Completed annual budget and product standards each year. Analyzed spending for plant cost centers and monitored overhead absorption daily, weekly & monthly. Prepared, reviewed & presented month end reporting reqirements to Site Director & Divisional Accounting. Analyzed variances to standard – more... & budget. Worked with a great team of accountants. – less
Plant closed in Commerce,Texas
MACHINE SHOP LEAD / PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE LEAD (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Would still be working at Covidien if the plant had not closed.
Challenging, high energy environment working for a company that improves the health of others
RGP Consultant, Covidien - UDI Data Mining Manager (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day includes tracking performance, reporting performance, meeting with key stakeholders, meeting with data mining teams to review and discuss progress/roadblocks, summarizing activities, reporting new issues, reporting new, out of scope endeavors, revising process documents.
excelent place for development in medical devices field
Document Control Supervisor (Current Employee), TijuanaJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: time consuming
this is a great company to work for, a lot of training, and challenges.
AskHR Functions
ASKHR Representative (Current Employee), Mansfield MAJanuary 27, 2014
• AskHR functions: take calls, CRM, PeopleSoft, CBO
• Assign Offer Cases
• Offer Process functions: take offer process calls, prepare and extend Offer Letters, update employee’s personal profiles in PeopleSoft, process candidates into PeopleSoft via Manage Hires
• Check pre-employment background checks in Certiphi
• Mail original I-9 Forms to appropriate – more... location every Friday – less
Good job and great co-workers
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Argyle, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: non
It was easy and repetitive. I learned how to make medical devices that can save peoples lives and work with a group of people. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the closer of the company. My most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked with.
Hard and energetic manager looking for a challenging and rewarding oppportunity with a sound Company who is looking for transformative changes
Focus Factory Manager (Current Employee), North Haven, CTJanuary 26, 2014
My typical day addresses fire fighting and implementing proactive solutiond to prevent the reoccurrence of issues in order to achieve the Company;;s KPIs. Additionally I spend a significant amount of time developing others.
Good work enviroment
Calibration Coordinator (Former Employee), Oriskany Falls, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Good people, average benefits, and clean place to work. Learned many things in the years working there.
opportunities for training was great
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Argyle, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: opportunity for individual growth.
Cons: company moved all product lines out of the country.
Quality driven medical device operations. I was able to aquire many skills that help me to grow with in the company. Enjoyed building, inspecting and delivering a quaility product to customers.
Pharmacutical Company
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Hobart, NYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: 12 shifts 3-4 days a week
Changing into the required clothing and protective gear, working on an assembly line.
Sterile environment congenial staff
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: loud noise
Worked 12 alternating days - 7:30 a.m.. to 7:30 p.m.
Trained in various positions as need arose
Very detailed oriented
A very mixed cultural
Repetition and heavy lifting
Working with other employees
I enjoyed working in this company for seven years
TEAM LEAD II (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJanuary 7, 2014
My typical day of work were to operate the machine and assist my co-workers as a team leader. Almost everything that I know now about working in a plant I've learned it from Covidien. Working with my co-workers are great, they were good people and the management too. There is no hardest part of the job for me in Covidien since, it was like my second – more... home the time I was working with them and my co-workers were my family. I enjoy every part of my job there especially my growth progress. – less
it was an okay place overall
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2014
its a good place to work but in that company its sometimes who you know not what you know, people just dont see your hard work sometimes.
Very good company to work for.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Argyle, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: they were always doing nice things for their employees. (cookouts, giveaways and unexpected time off.)
Cons: had to work long hours
At this job I made medical products, rotating each hour to a different step in the process. I enjoyed working here and met a lot of nice people.
Good Environment
Material Handler/assembler (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 3, 2014
time management
I learned how to use Bpecs software and do Material Handler
We have yearly bonus
Nice to work with them
Get laid-off
Received salary increased or promotion
great place to work, exercies your mind
Lead Toolmaker / Mold Repair Tech (Current Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: they closed
Good poeple to work with,
Lots of training,
Lots of work,
Good management

About Covidien

Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes – Read more