Covidien

Covidien Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
13+ years of experience in delivering optimal results and business value in high growth environment.
Franchise Manager Gulf & Iran (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 28, 2014
Change agent and techno marketing professional with track record of sales success characterized by consistent achievement of organizational objectives while surpassing customer expectations. Distinction of propelling large sales operations while empowering teams to achieve beyond target across territories. Through my career I have continuously achieved – more... top results in a variety of roles and across markets. Drive revenue growth and profitability with renowned organizations as clients. Develop innovative marketing programs. Managing team and creating team results is one of my core strengths.

Innate strengths in new client acquisition while deepening existing client base. Proven track record of liaising with external and internal stakeholders. Effective coach, engaging and mentoring team members keeping in mind both actions and results. Being adaptive to acquire new skills and concepts within fields such as marketing and technology. International experience spans UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Yemen, Iran and Egypt. Suave and pragmatic with exceptional organizing, management and coordination abilities. – less
good team
Machine operator (Former Employee), Commerce, TXAugust 19, 2014
great management and good people overtime as much as you want.
SC - Credit Control
Manager report
Cliente control
Client invoice
N/A
Director of regional marketing-Latin America (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoAugust 11, 2014
VTM merged, partners moved to global Healthcare companies
Working at Covidien
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Tullamore, OYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: appreciation from supervisor
Cons: could only take summer holidays at shut down
The day started early at 7.30. If any of the other QC workers were absent my supervisor would tell you to fill in for them in there area checking the product. I did not mind that. I did quality control in extrusion, incoming, packing room, on the floor on different lines. Got on well with everyone. I learned alot from moving around to different areas – more... and getting to know the operators, supervisors and managers. – less
Great place to start career
Intern (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAAugust 8, 2014
Interns are given real projects and real responsibility - great company culture with an emphasis on team work and collaboration.
Absolutely the best place to work in the area
Master Scheduler Systems Development (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILAugust 7, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Loved working here, the management is engaged, the benefits are outstanding, the teamwork and team culture are second to none. There is always someone willing to help when you get stuck and they really excel at balancing home and work even in trying times for the business
Great Job Great Benefits
Formulator/Packaging (Former Employee), Hobart, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great wages
This job took very good care of theyre employees and even better care of theyre customers. Covidien is a very professional buisness leaving very little room for error.

Covidien always gave employees the opprotunity for better wages and more responsability. Theyre machines were fairly modern and well maintained.
Great company
Product Assurance Assistant (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAAugust 6, 2014
I truly enjoy working at Covidien as it has allowed me to grow and develop.
very busy and very productive
Test Technician (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 5, 2014
great places to work at and also they value your job and the skills you bring into the company
Good people, productive and dedicated team!
Administrative Assistant III / Doc Coordinator (Former Employee), Commerce, TxAugust 5, 2014
Covidien Commerce was a great place to work, with good people and management. I learned a lot starting with production moving up to the management team. This plant was one of the most productive and dedicated teams within Covidien.
Poor management. No communication
Process Operator in a DEA (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2014
layoffs, no sales support, manage with fear of write ups. I would not be surprised to see the entire plant shut down. There are no orders for product and haven't had many for the entire year.
Fun work enviroment
Medical Assembler (Former Employee), Argyle NYAugust 2, 2014
Pros: company bonus's, picnics and lunches
Cons: short breaks and the company leaving
I learned HIPP , FDA , and how to be GMP compliant while working at Covidien. Time management was a very big part of our day. Working in a small space with a large amount of people you became close to your co-workers. They became more like family than co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my extended family the hardest part of my job was – more... leaving them everyday. – less
clean,safe,air conditioned workplace
mfg assoc 1 (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great company picnics, exellent medical and dental benefits
fast paced production environment.constantly looking for areas of improvement in safety,quality,cost savings,cleanliness,production,fifo,and lean manufacturing.
Challenging and supportive work environment; a great experience.
Administrative Assistant to VP HR Operations (Current Employee), Mansfield, MassachusettsJuly 23, 2014
Challenging and supportive work environment; a great experience.
Great company
Contract Administrator IV (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: non-stop
Great coworkers - team work - fast days - and flexible hours. Products that we manufacturer save lifes, help recovery times...innovative
Covidien Internship
Rebates and Tracing Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: lunch, breaks, coworkers
Cons: wish it was a little more social with in my department.
Covidien was a wonderful experience. I was a intern in the rebates and tracing department. I learned how to accumulate data and put it into a system they call Partner. My coworkers we're super friendly. The hardest part of my job was time management because I had to finish a month worth of work so what I did was I stayed organized. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was getting my work done. – less
This was an awesome company to work for.
Environment and Safety Technician/Engineer (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: pay grade & advancement were constant. great insurance: life, medical, vision, dental. great vacation package. great sick or personal day package.
Cons: the only con is that the plant shut down. i was loyal until the end and beyond.
This was an awesome company to work for. I gave almost 30 years of service to this company. It is sad that they had to close their doors through this economic down turn.
Me & fellow co-workers were like a family. I miss them very much.
What I learned is equivalent to a doctors degree in Mechanical & Environmental Safety and the operating knowledge to – more... sterilize medical products with radiation and gases.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the very few accidents that came and the reporting to OSHA and making the environment safe to ensure another such incident did not happen again.
Day to day I would perform plant inspections on the interior and exterior of the facility. I would perform inspections on machine & equipment.
As a member of the Human resources team, I would also interact and make sure employees felt safe with the daily operations of their work environment. I also did needed mechanical repairs on machinery when needed.
I enjoyed my job very much. The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers.
Pay grade & advancement were constant. Great Insurance: Life, Medical, Vision, Dental. Great Vacation package. Great Sick or Personal day Package.
The only con is that the plant shut down. I was loyal until the end and beyond. – less
productive
Surgical Product Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), north haven connecticutJuly 18, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: short breaks
as stated. will recommend place to anyone looking for a work experience right out of college
Overall laid back enviornment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: rotating jobs, brakes
Cons: benefits, working temp
A typical day at work would be signing in to work, read the shift log sheet to see what line your had to work on that shift.Pick which position you wanted to start at assembling the sleeves.We would rotate every 30 minutes. Sometimes you would get a break from the assembly line and complete compliance test on product quality, maintenance, policy, and – more... safety.Management was laid back, and helpful. They definitely let you know they wanted to make sure your work experience there was positive, and encouraged employee ideas and advancement. My coworkers where helpful as far as learning the job and lending a hand when needed. The hardest part of the job for me was getting use to standing for twelve hours and working at a steady fast pace assembling those sleeves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we rotated positions throughout the shift. I get bored easily so rotating was definitely a plus. – less

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more