Covidien

Covidien Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management. No communication
Process Operator in a DEA (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2014
layoffs, no sales support, manage with fear of write ups. I would not be surprised to see the entire plant shut down. There are no orders for product and haven't had many for the entire year.
Fun work enviroment
Medical Assembler (Former Employee), Argyle NYAugust 2, 2014
Pros: company bonus's, picnics and lunches
Cons: short breaks and the company leaving
I learned HIPP , FDA , and how to be GMP compliant while working at Covidien. Time management was a very big part of our day. Working in a small space with a large amount of people you became close to your co-workers. They became more like family than co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my extended family the hardest part of my job was – more... leaving them everyday. – less
clean,safe,air conditioned workplace
mfg assoc 1 (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great company picnics, exellent medical and dental benefits
fast paced production environment.constantly looking for areas of improvement in safety,quality,cost savings,cleanliness,production,fifo,and lean manufacturing.
Challenging and supportive work environment; a great experience.
Administrative Assistant to VP HR Operations (Current Employee), Mansfield, MassachusettsJuly 23, 2014
Challenging and supportive work environment; a great experience.
Great company
Contract Administrator IV (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: non-stop
Great coworkers - team work - fast days - and flexible hours. Products that we manufacturer save lifes, help recovery times...innovative
Covidien Internship
Rebates and Tracing Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: lunch, breaks, coworkers
Cons: wish it was a little more social with in my department.
Covidien was a wonderful experience. I was a intern in the rebates and tracing department. I learned how to accumulate data and put it into a system they call Partner. My coworkers we're super friendly. The hardest part of my job was time management because I had to finish a month worth of work so what I did was I stayed organized. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was getting my work done. – less
This was an awesome company to work for.
Environment and Safety Technician/Engineer (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: pay grade & advancement were constant. great insurance: life, medical, vision, dental. great vacation package. great sick or personal day package.
Cons: the only con is that the plant shut down. i was loyal until the end and beyond.
This was an awesome company to work for. I gave almost 30 years of service to this company. It is sad that they had to close their doors through this economic down turn.
Me & fellow co-workers were like a family. I miss them very much.
What I learned is equivalent to a doctors degree in Mechanical & Environmental Safety and the operating knowledge to – more... sterilize medical products with radiation and gases.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the very few accidents that came and the reporting to OSHA and making the environment safe to ensure another such incident did not happen again.
Day to day I would perform plant inspections on the interior and exterior of the facility. I would perform inspections on machine & equipment.
As a member of the Human resources team, I would also interact and make sure employees felt safe with the daily operations of their work environment. I also did needed mechanical repairs on machinery when needed.
I enjoyed my job very much. The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers.
Pay grade & advancement were constant. Great Insurance: Life, Medical, Vision, Dental. Great Vacation package. Great Sick or Personal day Package.
The only con is that the plant shut down. I was loyal until the end and beyond. – less
productive
Surgical Product Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), north haven connecticutJuly 18, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: short breaks
as stated. will recommend place to anyone looking for a work experience right out of college
Overall laid back enviornment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: rotating jobs, brakes
Cons: benefits, working temp
A typical day at work would be signing in to work, read the shift log sheet to see what line your had to work on that shift.Pick which position you wanted to start at assembling the sleeves.We would rotate every 30 minutes. Sometimes you would get a break from the assembly line and complete compliance test on product quality, maintenance, policy, and – more... safety.Management was laid back, and helpful. They definitely let you know they wanted to make sure your work experience there was positive, and encouraged employee ideas and advancement. My coworkers where helpful as far as learning the job and lending a hand when needed. The hardest part of the job for me was getting use to standing for twelve hours and working at a steady fast pace assembling those sleeves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we rotated positions throughout the shift. I get bored easily so rotating was definitely a plus. – less
A Company that I was proud to work for.
Dedicated Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours worked
Unfortunately as many jobs are these days, mine is being outsourced. I wish this wasn't the case because I enjoyed working at Covidien and woud have liked to spent meant more years there. The three years I worked at Covidien did give me many skills that I am sure will be beneficial in an jobs I hold in the coming years.
Friendly Enviroment and Cultural
I.S Administration/Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great enviroment to work in overall.
Cons: no cons.
Covidien is a well rounded company overall.
Everyday is a learning experience and everyone is friendly.
Assembler (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 9, 2014
Friendly, easy going people. Opportunity to work with a team. Lots of in job training. Fast paced and expectations.
Covidien in Aquisition
Divisional Operational Excellence Manager (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: leader in medical devices
Cons: lack of direction
The company is in the process of being purchased by Medtronic and will be closing the Mansfield, MA campus.
safety first
Machine Operator (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJuly 7, 2014
safety first, all our job starts with it and the quality folows. teamwork is highly required.
"Old School Corporate"
Corporate Capital Analyst (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 5, 2014
Not that there is anything wrong with being that kind of company, it is just not the right fit for me.
great place
Material Specialist (Former Employee), OntarioJune 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: closing dc
great place to work at great pay great people to work with great benefits
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJune 27, 2014
Productive good place to work I got along with everyone I enjoyed my job each day I kept the machines running I got along with management
Co-workers make the job
Sales Compensation Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, benefits, co-workers
Cons: downsizing
Being in Sales Compensation for the past year has been a great experience. My group works well together. Always lending a hand and working as a team. Our manager and director give us their full support. We work daily with the sales field on their compensation. It's difficult when we cannot find a resolution for an issue in time for payroll.
Do not recommend working for the company.
Asset Management/Information Services (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 18, 2014
Working very hard with no goals acknowledged by the manager.
Nice place to work, friendly people, large workload, good culture
Senior Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 18, 2014
Processing Accounts Receivable, large workload, the day flew. some
of the checks were very large. Co-workers were very nice and friendly. I enjoyed working there very much. Sometimes it was hard
to juggle all the work in a day..some of the checks took an hour or so to finish.

Everyone helped one another and we all worked as a team. It was a
very family – more... orientated company. You felt like you mattered working there. Your hard work was very much appreciated. – less

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more