Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company
Logistics (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 27, 2014
Pros: summer hours, 401k
Cons: political atmosphere
This is a great company if you are a go-getter. You must show initiative and seek out your development plan. Very political atmosphere.
Super fast pace and stressful work enviornment
Regional Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), TuasApril 24, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: insufficient on-the-job trainings and overwhelming workloads
A typical day at work is try to read and reply hundreds of work-related emails; while performing operational tasks. Almost all the emails are stated as Urgent, Very Urgent and Extremely Urgent; all requiring immediate attention.

Operations are in a fast pace. But the company's micro-management style slows down the overall operation process. Approvals – more... from the managers are always needed to perform the next step. Clogged pipeline system. Even the internal operational software system used are backdated and not user-friendly with many commands to remember, thus further slowing down the operational performance and speed.

Co-workers are generally friendly.

Insufficient on-the-job trainings are provided to the new staff. Yet expecting the new staff to perform beyond expectations with unrealistic increasing of workloads.

The hardest part of the job is that the nature of the job has many rules and clauses to remember. Too many unexpected situations to cope while still learning on the job. Plus with insufficient trainings, new staff are generally struggling badly. – less
Permanent full-time Chemical Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2014
I was wanting to get back to the IT world but wow, I learned a lot at Covidien and really hated to leave.
Average place to work
Senior Business Analys (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 21, 2014
Pros: training/people
Cons: work /life ballance
Good benefits, great place to start a career.
Lots of training opportunity.
Flexible work hours.
Great Individual Contributors, Contentious Management
Engineer, electrical (Former Employee), CarlsbadApril 18, 2014
Pros: passionate, intelligent workers
Cons: contentious management, daily crises modes, lack of planning and foresight
Indivudual Contributor employees are intelligent, passionate and friendly professionals. Management is argumentative, forceful, single minded and lack vision for planning ahead. This creates a contentious environment. Layoffs of long term knowledge owners have occured and replaced by contract labor. Focus is on bottom line not culture as the execs portray. – more... Culture is the panacea used by HR to pacify the concerned workers.

The enjoyable are the workers who believe in what they do.

The hardest is dealing with all the last minute unplanned critical emergencies that impact planned schedules due to lack of foresight and program management. Living daily in the resultant crises mode of contention makes it difficult to engage. – less
Wish I could get more in house training
CQT3 (Current Employee), Gunbarrel, COApril 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: multitasking
Very busy environment.
Pride in our goals.
The company is innovative.
Productive Workplace, Great Learning Experience
EHS Specialist (Current Employee), Santo Domingo, Dominican RepublicApril 7, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: ehs resource is short, compared with the amount of people at the plant.
A typical day at work includes review of EHS responsabilities of the areas, safety walks within the building, incident investigations, safety holds, meetings with the manufacture area, to talk about safety.
Also, follow up and update safety procedures and standards.
So far, I have learned a lot of different things, including, the medical device field, – more... it is very broad, and everyday we learn something new.
My co-workers as well as the management are very supportive of all EHS activities and are able and available to cooperate with our team upon request.
The hardest part of the job is that I am in charge of a complete building, and sometimes, there are too many things that have to be done. Due to the lack of resource, it could be difficult to handle.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being a positive influence and guide to those who are not fully aware of the meaning of Safety. – less
A good company
Product Designer (Former Employee), 上海市, C23March 26, 2014
I worked with this company for my senior design project. We applied for two patents at the end and learnt a lot.
Compationate seasoned management and always opportunities for advancement.
NA Shared Services Director - Rebates & Tracings (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: personable and compationate department managers.
Cons: expectations under new management gave no work life balance.
Check in with department management/supervisors ensureing daily and monthly goals are being met.
Test and manage the new operating systems for go live.

Management was very supportive to the fundemantal needs to accertain department and compay goals.

Hardest part of job was juggling the many projects to tackle at once.

Most enjoyable was the constant – more... opportunity to advance the knowledge of many facets of all departments which play a role in the impact of my job. – less
Great company to work for. I moved after 26 years of service.
Production Team Leader (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 25, 2014
I started as an assembler and worked my way up the ladder during the 26 years that I worked there. Excellent place to work-great benefits package.
Excellent professionals in most departments, good working conditions
Asst. HR Plant Mgr. (Former Employee), Ponce, PRMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Fast paced environment, Very dynamic with good interaction between departments. Dealing with biased and dificult people in management roles who were able to manipulate those around them to achieve their hidden agendas was the hardest, but the most enjoyable part was dealing with the hourly workforce trying to contribute to their well being.
Typical Day at Work
QA Tech II/Raw Material Releases (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 21, 2014
On a typical day at work I would inspect and test incoming raw materials such as bulk materials and chemicals. Along with testing, I will make sure that the Vendor's Certificate of Analysis specifications are in compliance with the company's specifications. For the materials that pass testing, I would release them into inventory for production use and – more... for the materials that fail testing, I would reject them and file a Nonconformance Notice for that product being rejected. – less
I enjoyed working for this company.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Seneca, SCMarch 20, 2014
I loved the atmosphere working for this company. I never had a bad day and caught on really fast when showed new ways to do things.
Material Specialist (Current Employee), Ontario,CAMarch 18, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent work place
Research and Development Technician (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 18, 2014
Every employee is made to feel like they are contributing into something fantastic
Good Experience
Biological Engineer (Current Employee), North Haven, CTMarch 17, 2014
Overall a large company with a mix of people with different work ethics. Good experience and decent benefits.
Great Experience
Human Factors Engineer - Internship (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 16, 2014
As an intern, the opportunities provided were endless. It was a welcomed surprise to have everyone in a corporate culture so welcoming and inviting. While there were creative brainstorming disagreements, colleagues were very professional about it. Great environment.
Working from one place to the next.Feel like a q ball chasing the 8 ball
Material Handler Warehouse (Former Employee), North Haven, CTMarch 13, 2014
Staying focus and meeting our customers expectation. My learning skills exceeded daily because everyday was a new challenge. Management very fair with all employees we were a team. Everyone get along its a job we just do what we have to do.The hardest part of the job is not meeting my expectation and not having a happy customer.The good part of the – more... job is knowing nothing comes easy but there's another day ahead and keeping a positive attiude. – less
Descent place to work
Maintenance Tech 1 (Current Employee), DeLand, FLMarch 13, 2014
Overtime abundant. Multitasking required. Co workers enjoyable
Great Products
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: job security
Everything was great until I was laid off.
Lots of travel.
Management was out of the loop most times
Great co-workers

About Covidien

Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes – Read more