Covidien

Covidien Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional work environment
Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAOctober 21, 2014
Great dynamic workforce that keeps you on your toes. Professional atmosphere where you are allowed to make important decisions.
Student Intern
Senior Project (Former Employee), North Haven, CTOctober 19, 2014
Worked with Covidien to redesign and build medical device. It was a team project that lasted an entire year.
the longer I worked there the more the place became a secong home
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Commerce, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: company picnics
Cons: unable to leave for breaks
I started with this company in 1984 and worked there til 2013. I have done everything from production operator, maintenance, sterilization operator, material handler, QA inspector, QA lab tech, environmental tester, calibrations, fork lift driver, lead QA,. A typical day would include qa inspections, mold repairs, testing incoming materials, calibrations, – more... reviewing and filing completed lot histories. I liked my job but there were times when decisions had to be made that were not popular with all that were involved. – less
Very good place to work
IS Manager MEA "Middle East and Africa" (Current Employee), Cairo and Middle EastOctober 13, 2014
Very good place to work, flexible work times, flat organization.
The culture is a challange
Medical Affairs Analyst (Current Employee), Bedford, MAOctober 12, 2014
Favoritism, cliques and lots of bureaucracy stand in the way of this company. Promotions are awarded to those that do the least and those that do the most are ignored. They're also based on whether management personally likes you or not.

Problem employees' behavior is ignored, even when it's behavior that goes against the code of conduct. But there – more... are rules for some and rules for others. If you run into bad behavior it's best not to say anything because there will be retaliation, even though that is also against their code of conduct.

It's a sink or swim atmosphere so if you are new to the industry be prepared to struggle without help. But, if you're lucky enough to become part of the "favorites" then you'll be a VP in no time. – less
Productive Team Environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Commerce, TXOctober 10, 2014
Learned a lot about the medical device manufacturing industry very quickly. Great team atmosphere.
Was only fun during break time
Medical Assembler (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch, monthly awards, gift cards, company health care programs and educational benefits
Cons: standing all day long, hard to understand co-workers at time due to accents, overtime hours occurred too much, 3am shift
I worked Monday-Thursday 1st shift. I woke up at 3am every morning and worked til 2:45pm-a full 10 hour shift. Overtime was mandatory depending on situations, but it was almost all of the time. I'd go to work and punch in with my given badge and went straight to work at my assigned station. I stand mostly throughout the day washing and polishing small – more... and flexible medical parts. Then I weigh them out on the electro scale to be sure that its the right weight according to station manual. I then pass it down for inspection, which is the station next to me. My co-workers were good to work with, there was never any issues, except for the fact that I couldn't understand my trainer's words due to his accent. The hardest part about this job was making my number or goal for the day because there are so much parts going back and forth due to extra cleaning and machine errors that occurred often. Standing all day long made it all the more frustrating. The only enjoying part of my job is when i get to sit down. – less
Very demanding work environment, fast paced
Sr. Plant Sourcing Agent (Current Employee), DeLand, FLOctober 6, 2014
Pros: large innovative company
Cons: difficult, demanding environment
Highly regulated company making it difficult to implement change.
High energy required to accomplish demands of the job.
Productive and very fast pace place to work
Material Handler/Fed-Ex Specialist (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: dont know if i will have a job are not in janurary.
I've been employed at Covidien for 8 years and I've enjoyed every moment there. But at this point we are left with a lot of uncertainity with the sell of the company to Medtronics a company that dosent make are sale Adult Briefs so we dont know as of yet what will come of our company.
I enjoyed my positions with this company!
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCOctober 2, 2014
I started as a product transporter and within 5 years, I moved into Logistics as a Logistics Coordinator. I enjoyed working for this company.
fair place to work
Sr. Manager, Marketing, Sustainable Technologies (Current Employee), Mansfield, MASeptember 29, 2014
nice pay. different workload depending on the department you work for. Change structure every one or two years.
Covidien is a fantastic place to work
Human Resources Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Mansfield, MASeptember 29, 2014
Covidien has many opportunities and a management staff who encourages their workers to succeed both professionally and personally.
fun
floater (Former Employee), westminster coloradoSeptember 19, 2014
Good place to work. fun active. and good team. just better managament as well.
Great place
Pipe fitter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: security
Morning meeting. Equipment availability. Perform job(s) as required.
Log time and job information into system (Maximo).

I have learned a great deal, training is consistent.

Management is going through changes.

I work with good people.

Hardest part of my job is wondering about our job security.

I enjoy knowing I can make a difference when I perform – more... my job. – less
Productive and a great place to work
Senior Director of IT/IS (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: life style
Cons: 75% traveling
Very challenging but rewarding. The company provided the supports and tools to do your job.
Management supports and encourage new ideas and initiatives.
I have the opportunity to shape my future and impact the companies future. This is what a like the most of my job.
Company is employee oriented and philanthropic
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Mansfield, MassachusettsSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: one free day per year for philanthropic work
This company provides daily benefits to its employees. There is a gym onsite with multiple opportunities to take classes or work out independently. There are wellness coaches to assist with healthy living. Finally, there is a subsidized cafeteria that provides healthy choices for eating. Starting vacation is 3 weeks and we work a 37 1/2 week.
covidien
Machine Operator (Current Employee), North Haven, CTSeptember 12, 2014
like working in covidien seting up job co-workers or fun to work with
Overall
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), ST. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: n/a
Friendly co-worker
Good environment
Good benefits and compensation
A.O Fox
Registration Associate (Current Employee), Oneonta, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not able to fix problems in a timely manor
Overall we have a very positive work place with a great staff. as well as lot of learning and movement opportunity.
Sound, good company
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Mansfield, MASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: hard working employees that genuinly care
Cons: company no longer employee centric
Was once a great place to work, but things have changed over the years so that it is now just an ok place to work. Has good middle and upper management, but continued drive for cost savings has stretched many departments to a breaking point.

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more