Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work with great people
Medical Assembler (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNMay 20, 2014
I was familiar with the work since I did similar duties in Boston Scientific, the process were a bit different but I worked with similar medical devices. My co-workers were friendly, Supervisor was a decent guy and the work life was great. We also had a hacky sack game every dinner break which I thought was pretty fun.
Productive and clean work evironment
Product Assembler (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMay 20, 2014
We would have a meeting every morning to know about our daily production and assemblies such as the amount of production we should meet by the end of our shift. The work was simple and easy, as I am a very fast learner. I picked up anything any position within a day of training. From Assembling, to labeling, testing the product, and packaging. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job had to be the work itself. I enjoyed working 1st shift there because I'd get to finish work early. It was a really awesome work/life balance. I've enjoyed my time there with Covidien, but unfortunately the company moved overseas, and had left me unemployed for a little over a year. – less
Good place to work but company was relocated to Illinois
Raymond Peek/Supervisor (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: pay was above average
Cons: company relocated to another state
Maintaining facility operating equipment
Had a good relationship with all co-workers
Management was easy to cooperate
Stressful with a twist
ASSEMBLER LEVEL III (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: matching 401k plan, pay pto.
Cons: communicate between the management team lead to extra "no-need' hours
As a brand new guy with manufacturing job, Covidien taught me alot. Hours is always a big problem here, we did sometime more than 70hrs per week.
Things i love about Covidien is how their job culture and Benenfits, great benifits , 401k, health insurance, great discounts on services (including Disneyland)
Energetic Atmosphere with exceptional people driven to a common goal.
Vice-President of Global Marketing (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMay 9, 2014
The Team that I have experience working with at Covidien is nothing short of top-level professionals. The environment was productive, accountable and driven toward success with person and professional goals being reached.
The experiences with creating and establishing new markets along with breaking ground with innovative campaigns complimented the – more... business operations I managed in o market arenas. The team members made it all possible.
Despite the constant change with management direction that altered known strategic opportunity, the team was able to focus on the established plan and drive toward success.

These past 16 years provided me with a great experience. The knowledge base and acumen for successful management of a global business that I have gained cannot be replicated in a classroom. – less
Offers a great work/life balance
Accountant II - NASSC (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAMay 9, 2014
Covidien is a great company to work for. They are very involved in local communities, offer great benefits including a fitness/wellness center.
FP&A
EMEA FP&A & business process (Former Employee), basingstokeMay 8, 2014
Very varied worked.
Month end tasks and project work
working within and leading teams
Great Enviornment
DC Administrator III (Current Employee), OntarioMay 1, 2014
Best Company to work for . Learned Administration, Inventory, Shipping , and Receiving dept .
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMay 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, flex spending accounts, tea breaks and group functions
I enjoyed working in the Membership Department. The position I held allowed me to exemplify my strong points and gain additional responsibilities. My co-workers were wonderful ladies that made coming to work enjoyable.
Great Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 28, 2014
Pros: perks benefits
Cons: compensation loss from perks and benefits
Terrible compensation. Tribal knowledge

Perks Benefits

Compensation loss from Perks and Benefits
Good Company
Logistics (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 27, 2014
Pros: summer hours, 401k
Cons: political atmosphere
This is a great company if you are a go-getter. You must show initiative and seek out your development plan. Very political atmosphere.
Super fast pace and stressful work enviornment
Regional Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), TuasApril 24, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: insufficient on-the-job trainings and overwhelming workloads
A typical day at work is try to read and reply hundreds of work-related emails; while performing operational tasks. Almost all the emails are stated as Urgent, Very Urgent and Extremely Urgent; all requiring immediate attention.

Operations are in a fast pace. But the company's micro-management style slows down the overall operation process. Approvals – more... from the managers are always needed to perform the next step. Clogged pipeline system. Even the internal operational software system used are backdated and not user-friendly with many commands to remember, thus further slowing down the operational performance and speed.

Co-workers are generally friendly.

Insufficient on-the-job trainings are provided to the new staff. Yet expecting the new staff to perform beyond expectations with unrealistic increasing of workloads.

The hardest part of the job is that the nature of the job has many rules and clauses to remember. Too many unexpected situations to cope while still learning on the job. Plus with insufficient trainings, new staff are generally struggling badly. – less
Permanent full-time Chemical Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2014
I was wanting to get back to the IT world but wow, I learned a lot at Covidien and really hated to leave.
Average place to work
Senior Business Analys (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 21, 2014
Pros: training/people
Cons: work /life ballance
Good benefits, great place to start a career.
Lots of training opportunity.
Flexible work hours.
Great Individual Contributors, Contentious Management
Engineer, electrical (Former Employee), CarlsbadApril 18, 2014
Pros: passionate, intelligent workers
Cons: contentious management, daily crises modes, lack of planning and foresight
Indivudual Contributor employees are intelligent, passionate and friendly professionals. Management is argumentative, forceful, single minded and lack vision for planning ahead. This creates a contentious environment. Layoffs of long term knowledge owners have occured and replaced by contract labor. Focus is on bottom line not culture as the execs portray. – more... Culture is the panacea used by HR to pacify the concerned workers.

The enjoyable are the workers who believe in what they do.

The hardest is dealing with all the last minute unplanned critical emergencies that impact planned schedules due to lack of foresight and program management. Living daily in the resultant crises mode of contention makes it difficult to engage. – less
Wish I could get more in house training
CQT3 (Current Employee), Gunbarrel, COApril 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: multitasking
Very busy environment.
Pride in our goals.
The company is innovative.
Productive Workplace, Great Learning Experience
EHS Specialist (Current Employee), Santo Domingo, Dominican RepublicApril 7, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: ehs resource is short, compared with the amount of people at the plant.
A typical day at work includes review of EHS responsabilities of the areas, safety walks within the building, incident investigations, safety holds, meetings with the manufacture area, to talk about safety.
Also, follow up and update safety procedures and standards.
So far, I have learned a lot of different things, including, the medical device field, – more... it is very broad, and everyday we learn something new.
My co-workers as well as the management are very supportive of all EHS activities and are able and available to cooperate with our team upon request.
The hardest part of the job is that I am in charge of a complete building, and sometimes, there are too many things that have to be done. Due to the lack of resource, it could be difficult to handle.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being a positive influence and guide to those who are not fully aware of the meaning of Safety. – less
A good company
Product Designer (Former Employee), 上海市, C23March 26, 2014
I worked with this company for my senior design project. We applied for two patents at the end and learnt a lot.
Compationate seasoned management and always opportunities for advancement.
NA Shared Services Director - Rebates & Tracings (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: personable and compationate department managers.
Cons: expectations under new management gave no work life balance.
Check in with department management/supervisors ensureing daily and monthly goals are being met.
Test and manage the new operating systems for go live.

Management was very supportive to the fundemantal needs to accertain department and compay goals.

Hardest part of job was juggling the many projects to tackle at once.

Most enjoyable was the constant – more... opportunity to advance the knowledge of many facets of all departments which play a role in the impact of my job. – less
Great company to work for. I moved after 26 years of service.
Production Team Leader (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 25, 2014
I started as an assembler and worked my way up the ladder during the 26 years that I worked there. Excellent place to work-great benefits package.

About Covidien

Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes – Read more