Covidien

Covidien Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job
Vascular Therapies Sales Representative (Former Employee), CanadaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: huge potential with hard work
Cons: challenging back orders
Loved my job, great products, super busy!!!
Customers were very engaged and appreciated my support.
It's a very good place to learn and they have good teams
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ville St-LaurentSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: dealing with customers
Cons: different shifts
Very busy on the phone taking order, giving the proper technical information, taking care of issues from the different departments such as credits, invoicing, promotions, quotes, transportation and emergencies for hospitals and home patients. I developed a ledger system with Ste-Justine Hospital for their orders and deliveries and emergencies.
production was fast pass and fun to work with other people
production worker (Former Employee), Gananoque, OnNovember 4, 2013
Pros: lots of over time
Cons: to much chit chat
Perform duties with little to no supervision, welded belts for medical production, maintained a clean and safe environment, worked as a important member of a manufacturing team
productive/fun
Production worker (Current Employee), Gananoque, ONAugust 25, 2013
Cons: long commute/ rate of pay
Can have little fun while you work. One benefit in working there is you do get paid for the 8 hr shift, your break and lunch are paid. Rate of pay is not the greatest for what you do. You only get a certain percent of benefits paid. My co-workers are great to work with. There is a lack of communication between management and the production workers. – more... The hardest part of the job for me is commuting from Smiths Falls to Gananoque. – less
Low paying and you have to 'encourage' (I call it babysitting) your co-workers!
Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: pretty much guaranteed to get a job because they cant keep people from quitting!
Cons: minimum wage, mandatory overtime (50-60hr work weeks)
During my time at covidien I spent most of my work days trying to convince my co-workers to actually work. When I brought it to my lead hands attention that I was constantly trying to get people back to work, she told me to 'deal with it'. I told her I was getting paid to do my job, not to babysit grown people who are supposed to be there to do the – more... same thing. Which resulted in ME getting wrote up (the people who were not doing their jobs never even got talked too). Also, while working there my co-worker (who worked without having to be told to do so) was 'let go' because he 'missed too many days' yet I had missed 6 days more then him. Management sucks, at least it does at the Gananoque facility. I would not recommend Covidien jobs to anyone unless it was an in between job until they can find something else.. Absolutely horrible place to work! – less
Fast paced environment
OEM Electrode Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONNovember 25, 2012
Fast paced, and organized work place.
Good training methods.
Enjoyable co-workers.
Shift work, and overtime.
Company was sold
Project Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 9, 2012
Company is no longer is Ottawa. Great company to work for, but was sold as Covidien wanted out of the sleep diagnostics business
fun and healthy workplace sadly i relocated for my kids benefits
Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque ontJuly 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches snacks for saturday workers bonuses for good performers
Cons: small town single company no transit
good worknig ethics very healthy work enviorment managment is very supportive co workers excellent location just not workable for me at the moment
Execellent Position
Account Manager/Wisconsin Territory (Former Employee), Mansfield, MADecember 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, excellent earning potential, company care
Built long term strategic relationships with nursing home administrators. Learning a great deal about how nursing homes & hospitals purchase products. Worked extensively with multiple distributors & had excellent relationships with all of them.
Sr. Cognos Developer (Former Employee), Mansfield, MADecember 14, 2014
Pros: good place of lunch and breakfast
If the manager or lead is frendly, consultants work more then average, and I finished my project before time.
terrible poor management
team leader (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 13, 2014
all about who you no hr is a joke and so are supervisor if u stand for what is right this job is not for you
Great company with excellent benefits and 401K
EA to Boulder Operations & Global Procurement (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 10, 2014
would choose to pass on this section. my daily responsibilities are mentioned in resume.
Stiff
Event Coordinator (Operational Intern) (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 9, 2014
Your typical corporate company. In at 8 out at 4, not enough work to be there 8 hours a day.
Challenging and fun environment
Sr. Internet Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: ability to research, learn, and use new technologies
* Constantly changing priorities
* Nice people to work with
* Strong focus on the customer and outside sales
the place I want to be
Business System Analyst II (Former Employee), Cataño, PRDecember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: nothing
- Great Workplace fellowship support by management
- excellent Management
- good work
Accountant - Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, MADecember 4, 2014
This is a large company that is being sold. The current management are very personable and are very helpful and understanding in the work place.
Got a lot of good experience with Oracle and working with large hospital groups and doctors offices.
Good place to work, excellent bosses and peers
Supply Base Manager,Asia (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexi-timing
Cons: no growth
Though this job provides be a good work life balance, there is a limitation to growth given the fact that this is purely a US-centric company with high margin products. Not much push on growing markets like Asia - where there is a huge potential.

Timings are flexible - kind of 24x7 and I like it.

No much pressure on deliverables - good management – more... and great peers.

This job has given me an opportunity to travel across geographies and develop myself – less
Loved working with the team force and management
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Argyle, NYNovember 24, 2014
Cons: left the area to move over seas.
Sorry to see them leave our area. Very intricate work on medical devises. Required highly skilled techniques for performing tasks. I work with the manufacturing of infant catheters.
nice place to work
product specialist (Former Employee), Madina-eastern AreaNovember 24, 2014
at Covidien , I worked for SGH tender Project at Madina where i learned how to deal with MOH Sector & i also learned HOW to liquidate & Evaluate

Also i worked for Institutional & Private accounts at Eastern Area
i was managing the whole region for energy based devices
Better work place
QA Technician (Former Employee), North Haven, CTNovember 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Here I have learnt how to control manufacturing procedure with some better coworker in a safe work environment. The hardest part of the job is to handle multiple machines at a time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more