Covidien

Covidien Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job
Vascular Therapies Sales Representative (Former Employee), CanadaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: huge potential with hard work
Cons: challenging back orders
Loved my job, great products, super busy!!!
Customers were very engaged and appreciated my support.
It's a very good place to learn and they have good teams
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ville St-LaurentSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: dealing with customers
Cons: different shifts
Very busy on the phone taking order, giving the proper technical information, taking care of issues from the different departments such as credits, invoicing, promotions, quotes, transportation and emergencies for hospitals and home patients. I developed a ledger system with Ste-Justine Hospital for their orders and deliveries and emergencies.
production was fast pass and fun to work with other people
production worker (Former Employee), Gananoque, OnNovember 4, 2013
Pros: lots of over time
Cons: to much chit chat
Perform duties with little to no supervision, welded belts for medical production, maintained a clean and safe environment, worked as a important member of a manufacturing team
productive/fun
Production worker (Current Employee), Gananoque, ONAugust 25, 2013
Cons: long commute/ rate of pay
Can have little fun while you work. One benefit in working there is you do get paid for the 8 hr shift, your break and lunch are paid. Rate of pay is not the greatest for what you do. You only get a certain percent of benefits paid. My co-workers are great to work with. There is a lack of communication between management and the production workers. The hardest part of the job for me is commuting from Smiths Falls to Gananoque.
Low paying and you have to 'encourage' (I call it babysitting) your co-workers!
Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: pretty much guaranteed to get a job because they cant keep people from quitting!
Cons: minimum wage, mandatory overtime (50-60hr work weeks)
During my time at covidien I spent most of my work days trying to convince my co-workers to actually work. When I brought it to my lead hands attention that I was constantly trying to get people back to work, she told me to 'deal with it'. I told her I was getting paid to do my job, not to babysit grown people who are supposed to be there to do the same thing. Which resulted in ME getting wrote up (the people who were not doing their jobs never even got talked too). Also, while working there my co-worker (who worked without having to be told to do so) was 'let go' because he 'missed too many days' yet I had missed 6 days more then him. Management sucks, at least it does at the Gananoque facility. I would not recommend Covidien jobs to anyone unless it was an in between job until they can find something else.. Absolutely horrible place to work!
Fast paced environment
OEM Electrode Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONNovember 25, 2012
Fast paced, and organized work place.
Good training methods.
Enjoyable co-workers.
Shift work, and overtime.
Company was sold
Project Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 9, 2012
Company is no longer is Ottawa. Great company to work for, but was sold as Covidien wanted out of the sleep diagnostics business
fun and healthy workplace sadly i relocated for my kids benefits
Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque ontJuly 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches snacks for saturday workers bonuses for good performers
Cons: small town single company no transit
good worknig ethics very healthy work enviorment managment is very supportive co workers excellent location just not workable for me at the moment
I love this job to the peoples was great
Material Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: yes we had free lunches and drinks
Cons: yes the breaks was short and we had great health care plan
We worked on hospital items I loved it I learned a lot at this job also. We worked with the IV bags and the IV machine. I really loved this job.
Mallinckrodt was once a fantastic place to work and made you feel like family. Everyone knew everone and their families by name. Now it is different.
operator (Former Employee), Raleigh,NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pay is reasonable...
Cons: no room to advance unless you kiss butt or become a yes person, then you can do no wrong.
The employees are scared to speak up about their true feelings. This company will work you like a dog, tell you what you should think then belittle you. They got rid of the good people that devoted their entire lives to the company, now we just have scared people pulling a paycheck,, including me.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: canteen that cooke hot meals
Cons: no complaints
The manager and other staff are helpful and easy to talk to. The supervisors are very understanding and will attempt to work around your schedule needs. The comapny really goes to great efforts to encourage teamwork and making everyone feel valued.
A non-structured and un-professional working environment with professionals that wanted to strive
Clinical Research Associate II (Contractor) (Former Employee), Irvine, CaJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: going out to lunch or being catered for lunches
Cons: co-workers and management that dis-engage when asked for assistance or questions
An ideal typical day at work would be for me was to be (supposedly) trained on a structural projects and all the details involved, however that was lacking. I have learned in the past through different companies how training is and I would like to see a different company approach to the situation because we were going through an audit and we were scrutinized by how it was set up. As far as co-workers, I would have liked for them to act like a team and want to engage in my working experience, however that did not happen. The reason why I came into this industry was because I was hopeful to gain the fact that I can make a difference in somebody's life regarding their health and drive. The most challenging part of a job in this field can or could be lack of communication.
Unorganized and Poor Management
Will not Disclose (Former Employee), IrvineJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: everything
I was a contractor and was excited to be working for a company that I thought had a great reputation. Well I soon found out the department I was in was a complete mess!! I was thrown in to a very important task with minimal instruction and found out later that what I was doing had not been touched in months. My Project Manager was useless and if there was a problem would not step up, but rather ask you to confront the person she did not like conflict and would rather stay out of it (I'm sorry but when you take on the job of managing others...guess what there will be conflict). I could go on and on, but I am happy to be gone and hope that the department can improve!!!!
Wonderful Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free food, great cafeteria
Cons: i had to leave
A typical day at work would consist of responding to multiple emails as well as making outbound calls. My coworkers were always very helpful and whenever I need to ask a question they would always be there. Also it was a nice , clean environment which made you feel comfortable.
Company cares about your health workplace
Buyer / Planner I (Current Employee), Ponce, PRJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 401k benefit
Cons: no company bonus
Typical day at work it's very hyper since we don't have time to relief stress. Always steps ahead and no error are permitted. Day by day you learn how to deal with different culture/personalities and how to manage them. As a family, the team player is the most. We all try to reach one same purposes. The bad thing of our work is that we depend on others to make our job 100% done. And my best satisfaction thing is to say, "all my priorities and daily work had been accomplished".
I love working for Covidien
Principal Device Designer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2015
I love working for Covidin, great co-workers and job security.
Poorly managed company
Operational Excellence Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, NEJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: it is a job.
Cons: lack real leadership
Current focus is on being politically correct.

They do not reward those that perform.

Hope Medtronics can fix Covidien.

Lack product planning in the Medical supplies division.

There are good people that work there. They are lead by people that need to develop leadership skills.

The lack of capital planning in the medical supplies division has set up several plants for closure unless Medtronics decides to heavily invest tens of millions in capital equipment.
Clean and orginized establishment
Operator/Complience (Former Employee), DeLand, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: enviornment and people
Cons: to many expected hours, for no work life balance.
One of the cleanest and most well organized company's. Excellent management and interpersonal skills. However earning your way as a permanent employee requires working through a temp agency for minimal pay until that time which makes the beginning of employment for a single mother tough to ride out.
Great Pay & Excellent Benefits!
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, free lunches, bonuses
Worked at Covidien for over three years. Great place to work. Unfortunately distribution center relocated out of state and could not relocate.
fun workplace
quality assurance technician IV (Former Employee), Fremont, CADecember 25, 2014
preformed testing on clinical trial drug coated balloons. worked in a cGMP environment, performed particulate, HPLC testing for both commercial and clinical trial drugs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more