Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive/fun
Production worker (Current Employee), Gananoque, ONAugust 25, 2013
Cons: long commute/ rate of pay
Can have little fun while you work. One benefit in working there is you do get paid for the 8 hr shift, your break and lunch are paid. Rate of pay is not the greatest for what you do. You only get a certain percent of benefits paid. My co-workers are great to work with. There is a lack of communication between management and the production workers. – more... The hardest part of the job for me is commuting from Smiths Falls to Gananoque. – less
Quality Assurance/control professional
Quality Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 21, 2013
Ten years of experience in quality control and assurance field. Experienced in product safety in various electrical and medical device products. Trained an international auditor according to
ISO 9001:2000 standard provided by CMC international, including experience in performing ISO 13485 audit. Possessed strong skills and experience working with both – more... design and process team.
Actively involved in technical society, IEEE ( Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) as senior member. Achieved MSEE
( Master of Science in Electrical Engineering) and
fluent in Korean and English – less
Low paying and you have to 'encourage' (I call it babysitting) your co-workers!
Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: pretty much guaranteed to get a job because they cant keep people from quitting!
Cons: minimum wage, mandatory overtime (50-60hr work weeks)
During my time at covidien I spent most of my work days trying to convince my co-workers to actually work. When I brought it to my lead hands attention that I was constantly trying to get people back to work, she told me to 'deal with it'. I told her I was getting paid to do my job, not to babysit grown people who are supposed to be there to do the – more... same thing. Which resulted in ME getting wrote up (the people who were not doing their jobs never even got talked too). Also, while working there my co-worker (who worked without having to be told to do so) was 'let go' because he 'missed too many days' yet I had missed 6 days more then him. Management sucks, at least it does at the Gananoque facility. I would not recommend Covidien jobs to anyone unless it was an in between job until they can find something else.. Absolutely horrible place to work! – less
Fast paced environment
OEM Electrode Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONNovember 25, 2012
Fast paced, and organized work place.
Good training methods.
Enjoyable co-workers.
Shift work, and overtime.
Company was sold
Project Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 9, 2012
Company is no longer is Ottawa. Great company to work for, but was sold as Covidien wanted out of the sleep diagnostics business
fun and healthy workplace sadly i relocated for my kids benefits
Assembler (Former Employee), Gananoque ontJuly 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches snacks for saturday workers bonuses for good performers
Cons: small town single company no transit
good worknig ethics very healthy work enviorment managment is very supportive co workers excellent location just not workable for me at the moment
This was an awesome company to work for.
Environment and Safety Technician/Engineer (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: pay grade & advancement were constant. great insurance: life, medical, vision, dental. great vacation package. great sick or personal day package.
Cons: the only con is that the plant shut down. i was loyal until the end and beyond.
This was an awesome company to work for. I gave almost 30 years of service to this company. It is sad that they had to close their doors through this economic down turn.
Me & fellow co-workers were like a family. I miss them very much.
What I learned is equivalent to a doctors degree in Mechanical & Environmental Safety and the operating knowledge to – more... sterilize medical products with radiation and gases.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the very few accidents that came and the reporting to OSHA and making the environment safe to ensure another such incident did not happen again.
Day to day I would perform plant inspections on the interior and exterior of the facility. I would perform inspections on machine & equipment.
As a member of the Human resources team, I would also interact and make sure employees felt safe with the daily operations of their work environment. I also did needed mechanical repairs on machinery when needed.
I enjoyed my job very much. The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers.
Pay grade & advancement were constant. Great Insurance: Life, Medical, Vision, Dental. Great Vacation package. Great Sick or Personal day Package.
The only con is that the plant shut down. I was loyal until the end and beyond. – less
Overall laid back enviornment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: rotating jobs, brakes
Cons: benefits, working temp
A typical day at work would be signing in to work, read the shift log sheet to see what line your had to work on that shift.Pick which position you wanted to start at assembling the sleeves.We would rotate every 30 minutes. Sometimes you would get a break from the assembly line and complete compliance test on product quality, maintenance, policy, and – more... safety.Management was laid back, and helpful. They definitely let you know they wanted to make sure your work experience there was positive, and encouraged employee ideas and advancement. My coworkers where helpful as far as learning the job and lending a hand when needed. The hardest part of the job for me was getting use to standing for twelve hours and working at a steady fast pace assembling those sleeves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we rotated positions throughout the shift. I get bored easily so rotating was definitely a plus. – less
A Company that I was proud to work for.
Dedicated Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours worked
Unfortunately as many jobs are these days, mine is being outsourced. I wish this wasn't the case because I enjoyed working at Covidien and woud have liked to spent meant more years there. The three years I worked at Covidien did give me many skills that I am sure will be beneficial in an jobs I hold in the coming years.
Friendly Enviroment and Cultural
I.S Administration/Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great enviroment to work in overall.
Cons: no cons.
Covidien is a well rounded company overall.
Everyday is a learning experience and everyone is friendly.
Assembler (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 9, 2014
Friendly, easy going people. Opportunity to work with a team. Lots of in job training. Fast paced and expectations.
Covidien in Aquisition
Divisional Operational Excellence Manager (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: leader in medical devices
Cons: lack of direction
The company is in the process of being purchased by Medtronic and will be closing the Mansfield, MA campus.
safety first
Machine Operator (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJuly 7, 2014
safety first, all our job starts with it and the quality folows. teamwork is highly required.
"Old School Corporate"
Corporate Capital Analyst (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 5, 2014
Not that there is anything wrong with being that kind of company, it is just not the right fit for me.
great place
Material Specialist (Former Employee), OntarioJune 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: closing dc
great place to work at great pay great people to work with great benefits
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJune 27, 2014
Productive good place to work I got along with everyone I enjoyed my job each day I kept the machines running I got along with management
Co-workers make the job
Sales Compensation Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, benefits, co-workers
Cons: downsizing
Being in Sales Compensation for the past year has been a great experience. My group works well together. Always lending a hand and working as a team. Our manager and director give us their full support. We work daily with the sales field on their compensation. It's difficult when we cannot find a resolution for an issue in time for payroll.
Do not recommend working for the company.
Asset Management/Information Services (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 18, 2014
Working very hard with no goals acknowledged by the manager.
Nice place to work, friendly people, large workload, good culture
Senior Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 18, 2014
Processing Accounts Receivable, large workload, the day flew. some
of the checks were very large. Co-workers were very nice and friendly. I enjoyed working there very much. Sometimes it was hard
to juggle all the work in a day..some of the checks took an hour or so to finish.

Everyone helped one another and we all worked as a team. It was a
very family – more... orientated company. You felt like you mattered working there. Your hard work was very much appreciated. – less
Covidien was an excellent place to work with great benefits.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJune 13, 2014
Pros: covidien gave lots of free appreciation dinners and other tokens of appreciation.
Cons: do not enjoy gossip and rumors associated with any workplace but this will happen everywhere.
I had a good routine and stayed on top of things so if anything went "wrong" I had no problem working with it to keep things on a good pace. Good communication with management and other employees is very important. I worked by myself for the most part but worked closely with fixer and other operators at times and was lucky to work with great people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes – Read more