Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

Good learning experience and resource full
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741923 May 2016
Working on trucks, learned to repair trucks, work well with others, and learned to efficiently finish projects.
Management could be better, but co workers are 5 star.
independent
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN12 November 2016
Well I can say that i got alone with few of my dispatchers but mostly is over the phone communication as a truck driver you work alone but good company to work for
Lots of work if your up for it!
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN17 October 2016
Covenant transport I drove in all 48 states driving with a co-driver. Driving short runs and long runs. Lots of miles under your belt is the most enjoyable.
good company to start off for nut not long term
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CA8 September 2016
They say they care about your family i really couldn't tell i lost two people while in training and sat in California for a month straight
OTR driving
Tractor-trailer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN21 September 2016
Seeing all parts of the country and meeting people was rewarding. Difficult being on the road for months not seeing family. Some organizational problems involving dispatch.
Learning Place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 January 2016
I started after high school and learned a lot of trucking. Meet a lot of new people. They have a lot of meeting so it is hard for management to help you make a lot of choices on your own. Lots of hard work and long hours.
great place to work
1 OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 September 2016
drive over the road picking up and delivering goods all over the country. training new drivers to be productive and make money over the road
Team Driving Company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN6 July 2016
It's one of the best otr company out there who hires student without experience and probably one of the best pay to make good money u have to be in team driving and gotta have hazmat endorsement i don't really like the home time the most enjoyable thing u get to see all 48 states.
Pros
best no experience pay
Cons
not a solo company
Corporate America at its Finest!!
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN16 March 2016
This company is good only if you have your Hazmat if you do not they treat you like you do not exist and bring it up every day "you should get your Hazmat".

I resigned because every load we got was cancelled.

Make sure you do not live paycheck to paycheck. When you resign they hold your last paycheck for up to 21 days. I resigned two weeks ago and I still have not received mine. Horrible company. I have never heard of such a thing. I usually recommend past trucking companies to other people especially as I am also a carer coach, but this company will go as one of the worst trucking companies to work for.

This company also has a horrible safety record, because of that you have to go into 98% of open scale houses. You also get stopped at all roadside inspections.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
The whole company is a con artist
racist trainer
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN31 May 2016
I worked at this company for my internship, but my experiences wasn't expected. My trainer was very rude and did not explain everything before getting over the road. The company was not trying to pay me what I worked either, I am lucky to have all my receipts to get compensated.
Pros
I get to see the country.
Cons
away from family, driving to worse weathers, and homesickness.
An evolving company
Ceva Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN22 July 2015
This company has evolved in being better to server their company drivers. Mind you it is a slow progress but a progress none the less. They are looking out for the drivers in what they think is best. Some drivers might not agree with their way of thinking. But then again what company has been 100% in sync with employee. I hit an all time low in physical, emotional, and mental health. They fired but were very supportive and even set up some kind of account to help me through this trouble. So I left on good terms with them.
Pros
Understanding, and works with drivers.
Cons
Not so great on compensation
Ok company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN19 July 2016
i can not give a good review of this company because I did not work for them long enough except the company was to religious for me.
Demanding occupation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 October 2015
Main objective was to deliver the freight in a safe and timely manner, in order to carry out this task, America requires the truck drivers to undergo intensive training and once employed actively in the position to adhere to the stringent (DOT) safety rules which entails driving to the trucks log which prohibits the driver from driving too many hours and thus getting ample sleep and rest.
There was not much interaction with peers and management because I was employed as a solo driver which meant working independently most of the time. The hardest part of the job was probably the time frame that a driver was out on the road which was 3 to weeks at a time. If you married with kids, this was not an ideal situation but when that time came to head back home state, unhook the trailer and drive the truck back to the wife, it made it all worthwhile.
Pros
Got to see America
Cons
Away from home for long periods of time
Lots of driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN31 May 2016
I enjoyed being on the road for the 3 months I worked with this company, I was able to see a lot of the country delivering loads and picking them up
Company does understand the drivers side
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tennessee6 April 2016
Loved to work for this company. They trained me, they gave me a truck and where up to date with technology making it easy for me to deliver payloads safely and accurately even if I had never been to the area.
Pros
Caring Company
Cons
Never let them send you on grehound
Transportation of goods and services to potential customers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN2 December 2012
Driving delivering goods and services to clients all over the U.S.
I learned more about the routing and reading the map very well. The management was very good to me though the company is very big. I worked with two co-workers that are totally different personalities. Diving long hours and running around the clock, and difficulty sleeping. I enjoy making money during this period because we drove more miles together.
Pros
free shower in any terminals across the u.s.
Cons
difficult to stop for breaks.
Productive and fast, exciting place to work
Fleet Manager/Load Planner/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN3 November 2014
Great company to work for at an entry level position but very hard to move up within the organization without having ten plus years of experience. Culture is great for the most as the company generally cares for its staff members.
Pros
relationship between coworkers and management
Cons
communication of frontline worker to management, needs on of internal staff
Very religious and fired me after first major accident
Professional OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN20 November 2015
I was not cited by police and no damage to other vehicles or injuries. This accident happened on October 21-22, 2015 in Dallas when there were 500 accidents on the city's poorly drained roads, but I was fired anyway.
Recruiting Clerk
Assisting recruiters (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN5 January 2016
Typically day includes meeting drivers and verifying employment and driving history. Very fast paced and goal driven company. The hardest part of the job was having too many drivers in one weeks time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The owner and family are very nice people and allow the employees to have a spiritual meeting every Wednesday at lunch. Great environment to work for.
Productive and Fun over the road experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 January 2014
A typical day for me is pickup and deliver cargo on time to there destinations. After every load I complete a log book for DOT purposes. When I worked for Covenant Transport Inc. I was a certified driver student trainer and discretionary driver meaning I had the ability to make decision without calling the company . I had the opportunity to train diverse personnel's to new levels of success . I learned that every load must be delivered on time an not a minute late. Management was very helpful when needed. The hardest part about the job was being in the bad weathers; like snowy weather, rainy weather, and high windy areas. You must stay focus and alert at all times. The enjoyable part was being a trainer and helping someone reach their goal.

2.9