Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

A Great Place To Work
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN6 August 2017
Covenant Transport is one of the few companies that I truly wish that I still worked for. They Truly CARE FOR there drivers and they know that there drivers are the reason that there bisiness is so successfull. I think that the Owner of Covenant Transport really understands what it is like to be an over the road truck driver because he use to be one. That is why he runs his companie like he truely cares for his dirvers.

The Employees at Covenant Transport are the reason that Covenant Transprot is so sucessfull and the Owner really know this and understands this as well. that is why, that the company has servived so long in this bisiness.

I loved working for Covenant Transport and would work for them again in a hart beat.
Pros
Everything. The Pay, The Insurance, the Work.ETC>
good place to work
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tennessee1 August 2017
good place to work,good equpment and good pay.,you can get all the esperience you need.they are a big company so they have a few terminal around all us.
Pros
good company overal
Cons
team driving is not for everybody
Covenant is a Great place to start a truck driving career especially to get your OTR experience.
Commercial driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
I really enjoyed the ups and downs at Covenant Transport seeing the determination of new drivers developing into Professional drivers learning the ropes by OTR hands on Experience.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
Overall good company they will keep u out for a minimum of three weeks at a time and the way to make money with this company is to have your hazmat endorsement
Driver
Driver to all (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
I was over the road driver to all 48 states. It consist of delivering commodities from shipper and receiver. On the contrary I was very valuable to many Americans get their daily resources.
Stressful, micro managed
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Cuba, NY27 July 2017
Team oriented company, not good for solo drivers, load planners are terrible, dedicated lanes are good but stressful, covenant charges for excess idle time but will not install apu,
Pros
Dedicated lames
Cons
Micro management
Great Christian based Trucking Company
Professional OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN18 July 2017
* Family Oriented and Friendly Environment
* Awesome Training Program
* Award winning Safety Program with a very knowledgeable staff
* Amazing Driving Experience to all 48 Continental United States
* Reliable and Timely Over the Road Freight Transportation of all kinds; Refrigeration, Freight and Secured Loads
* Amazing and Friendly Management team
* Motivated and Dependable Professional Drivers
* Amazing and Professional Customer Service
* Multiple Terminals: Chattanooga, TN; Orlando, FL; Pomona, CA; Hutchens, TX; and Allentown, PA
over the road trucking, many personalities and levels of experts around
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN17 July 2017
I thought this was a life style I could adapt to, but after training and three months on the road, it was not a job I could do and maintain a good home life. Not enough straight home time.
Pros
all engaging training
Cons
not enough insight to people you work with before being put on road with
You'll get plenty miles and headaches
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN16 July 2017
this may be a good company once you complete training and get your own truck, but what I experience with my trainer was a nightmare the guy was all bad and i reported it to the company and they just begged me to stay on the truck and complete the training.
Pros
You get to see a lot of places
Cons
training wasn't the best time
Ok
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  California16 July 2017
This company started off well kept their word about getting me home every weekend. But after three weeks they begin to make excuses and I was starting to like I was over the road again.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Didn't keep their word
Appsoluitly a GREAT Plade to work for
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN15 July 2017
This companie really cares for its drivers. It goes all out just to take care of ther drivers needs. I have personally seen Covenant Transport go above and beyond the call of duty. it is the one job that I have had that I can truly say that I miss the most. and that I wish that I were workeing for right now!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Literly EVERYTHING about COVENANT TRANSPORT IS GREAT!!!
Cons
None.
work
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN12 July 2017
job does not provide any benefits. have to work night shift. hours are long pay is ok. Th job isok but i could no longer work there because of health issue.
fun and hectic
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN9 July 2017
Working at covenant was my first job outta college so it was my first real experience. It is very stressful job and you got to stay on top of your area of operation. The money was fair so that was good.
good work environment
Over the Road Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 374224 July 2017
This company gives you the opportunity to reach out to the rest of the united states in ways and areas that most people would not be able to visit or see on a regular basis.
great company and people
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN2 July 2017
great company and people. treats employees fairly and the culture is very employee friendly. great pay and benefits. management is very approachable when needed.
Loved it!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741930 June 2017
Good miles, they will work with you to get you home. Dispatch gets you the miles if your willing to run. Nice trucks, roadside assistance is really quick they wont leave you stuck out!
Managers Do Not Care
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN28 June 2017
I team drove with my wife. They were not fans of anyone taking home time. We had a death in the family and we informed them, they expected us to be back to work the same day. Our pay was messed with several times and at the end we were let go for refusing a load after the death in our family and that we recovered a late load from another driver and we delivered it as quick as legally possible but it was still late from other team.
Pros
Peyton Swanson, great fleet manager.
Cons
Everyone else.
good place for entry level
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN25 June 2017
Good pay for entry level. They will try they best to get you the best miles as possible. If you are looking for a good pay job after driver school, Covenant is for you. They team base mean if you like to solo, they are bad for you.
Over the road trucking is always Hard
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN9 June 2017
Enjoyed driving otr. Had a great dispatcher that kept us busy. Never a dull moment. Just make sure to follow the road rules. Especially during winter.
Pros
Advances
Cons
Advances
not a good enviornment
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN6 June 2017
no good,.not a good place to work for, predudice, discriminates, would not let me go home for hometime., forced me to violate hours of service. not a good enviorment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Transport. Our community is ready to answer.