Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

productive fun work place wit ping pong table in break room
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 14, 2015
Gained a lot of experience during training and over the road training.
Fun work place with supportive from the leaders in the company other over the road drivers.
The office is never over crowded with people there available to meet with you when ever.
This company also has its own hotel for employees
Pros
Free transportation around the city
Cons
Healthcare
OTR Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2015
At first I liked the job. Getting to drive throughout the united states was a beautiful experience. As the time went on it was harder to stay away form home so I decided to find a local job.
Great Place to work
O.T.R/Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2015
I am still employed with this company and I love working for them I just want to explore my options and see what's out here in the work force being on the road is great but you tend to miss home and your family.
okay starter company
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 25, 2015
Decent company to start with for over the road work. They can definetely work on better training for their employees on their automative systems in the trucks. The gps systems arent the greatest and dispatch isnt always the most helpful but thats any over the road company.
Pros
Decent pay permile
Cons
no home time
Truck Driver
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 24, 2015
Long haul over the road truck driver of 18 wheeler. Drove trucks to designated drops. Made sure they were safe and on time.
Pros
Being own boss
Cons
Being out on road for 6-8 weeks
Nice place to work with good hometime policy
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking to spend some time on the road, and if you don't mind having a team mate. One of the best pay rates for dry van/
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Extended time away from home
Fun place
Truck Driver (OTR)/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2015
It's a good company to work for. Their hotel is hideous however overall their care about their employees I worked here for a year an d enjoyed the nice staff. It's a teaming company so that takes a bit to get use to its not for everyone.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Dirty company hotel
nice place
truck driver (Former Employee) –  chattanooga tn.July 25, 2015
I would have stayed with cove but I did not get good pay couldn't pay my bills some codrivers had bad aditudes.they say get training in and find good company.had good recruiter got me to come back after resign now im drawing 0 pay for two weeks.
An evolving company
Ceva Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 22, 2015
This company has evolved in being better to server their company drivers. Mind you it is a slow progress but a progress none the less. They are looking out for the drivers in what they think is best. Some drivers might not agree with their way of thinking. But then again what company has been 100% in sync with employee. I hit an all time low in physical, emotional, and mental health. They fired but were very supportive and even set up some kind of account to help me through this trouble. So I left on good terms with them.
Pros
Understanding, and works with drivers.
Cons
Not so great on compensation
Great place to work with knowledgeable people working with you.
Tractor/tailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2015
Was a great company to work for. Pay was good, training was good, and overall atmosphere was good. Great management team will to help out in any capacity they could.
Wonderful benefits
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 17, 2015
I had more opportunities to learn different and more challenging skills that my job required. My co-workers were excellent and helped me learn more about different areas in my job. The hardest part of my job was having to work on weekends and holidays.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
worked holidays
Great teaming experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
Loved it and learned a lot. No major complaints. Pay was really good teaming and I was able to avoid lots of problems with a partner.
Very large company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 16, 2015
It was tough being on the road for a month at a time and working for such a big company it was hard to have a voice with so many bosses.
Pros
Always had a terminal and a hotel at their HQ.
Cons
Being away from home.
contradictions
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, OKMay 10, 2015
this place is full of contradictions. dispatchers/managers often can't keep the truck moving. just this week I sat four days out of the week. no matter how much you get paid you can not make money that way. if you mess up on anything they threaten to write you up and I have never in any of my jobs been written up or even threatened with that. While the managers can completely screw you in every way imaginable and nothing happens to them, not to mention their poor attitudes in dealing with the drivers. when I approached the managers boss he told me he didn't want to hear it cause he is tired of complaints against them, he wanted ways to fix it. understandable, but last time I check that was in his job description not mine. everything slides down hill to the drivers here. they will try and pass everything off on the drive if they can. it is sad cause I was extremely excited to start working here, but within a few weeks I was already noticing problems. they are not as they try to appear.
Pros
they seem to be making improvement to compensate the driver more.
Cons
everything as of now
Covenant Transport
Customer Service/Dispatch/Load planning/Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnApril 30, 2015
Was glad to have the opportunity given by Covenant Transport to learn and grow. Learned that hard work and patience are important in every aspect of work.
ok place
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 29, 2015
turn over rate was not good changed out every year with employees not a good rating was not for me one dispatcher was ok the rest were not
terrible staff!!!
Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 14, 2015
they don't care abt their drivers all they want is money in they pockets. the don't get u home till three days later they jst dont seem to care abt us the drivers!!!
lot of miles and loads
otr driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 8, 2015
covenant transport is a great starter company if you have no experience at over the road driving but once you realize there are better company's out there, you will want to change companies
Pros
long hauls competitive pay, great structure
Cons
disorganization from day shift to night shift. lack of communication
The money wasn't worth the time I spent away from home.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  chattanooga, tnApril 5, 2015
It was usually a 14 hour work day: get up, pretrip, drive a few hours, break for lunch, drive more, pick up/deliver cargo, fillout/file paperwork, sleep. repeat.

I learned how to stay cool under pressure and not let things like blizzards and fog and ice and TERRIBLE drivers scare into making a mistake. this is the kind of job where you make one mistake and best case scenario you get $400 ticket, worst case, someone dies. You need to be calm and cool and collected and more observant than you've ever been.

My fleet managers were friendly enough, we got along pretty well and they gave me some good runs sometimes, but not most times. they claim that you should be making about 30000$ your first year, I only made 22000. unacceptable. They did tell me I was one of their best drivers though and asked me to be a trainer for new drivers before I left the company.

I drove with 6 different co-drivers. some were just a terrible fit and we both recognized it, others fit pretty well but we still didn't last long. when you live with one person in a tiny box 24/7, you have put up effort to try and get along and sometimes that's hard to do.

the hardest part is being away from home for 90% of the year and having next to nothing to show for it.

the best part is that you sometime go through these tiny towns no ones heard of but they have the best food in the whole world and you're just like how have i not been eating this my whole life?!?!?!
Pros
got paid to travel and see the country.
Cons
travel was all i did. it's exhausting.
Depends on the "Fleet Advocate"
Long haul CDL team driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2015
There are many terriic people working at headquarters but the ones who really control your life are the "fleet advocates". (Fleet managers essentially). If you ahve a good one wall is well but if you have a difficult one you will be miserable.

2.8