Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Travel
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: everything has to be timely
Cons: given the choice of where you would like to spend time off.
traveling long hours took a lot of getting use to.th hardest part of this job was learning how to calculate time using the rules and regulations of the state DOT, as well as remembering all the document needing to be completed at each pick up and delivery location. the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to travel around the world and see the beautiful sights created by God!
Good company
Long haul truck driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 14, 2014
Good equipment. Never sitting waiting for a load. Quick response from your dispatcher and safety bonuses.
Good company overall.
Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2014
Management strict enough to keep people working efficiently and in line but lenient enough to keep people happy. Coworkers were all enjoyable to work with. Would definitely return.
Productive and fast, exciting place to work
Fleet Manager/Load Planner/Customer Service (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 3, 2014
Pros: relationship between coworkers and management
Cons: communication of frontline worker to management, needs on of internal staff
Great company to work for at an entry level position but very hard to move up within the organization without having ten plus years of experience. Culture is great for the most as the company generally cares for its staff members.
2yrs went to all 48 states that was exciting to see the west
Certified Trainer; Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 29, 2014
Pros: saw country became a certified trainer for the company
Cons: more 0 check because of cheep labor if you added a 1 in front i would be a trillion heir
nobody said to me there was snow in the desert.. saw sights enjoyed
the 1st year after that looking for money
Reasonable place for a trucker to make a living.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good miles for team drivers
Cons: not very good if you like hometime
Its pretty straight forward. Same as any other OTR company. You get up in the morning or at night and drive all day or all night. Take very little time off. It was rough being a team driver with covenant working in such close proximity to your co driver, however I happened to meet my current fiancé with covenant so at least they did something right. Actually not a bad place to work if you don't mind the team aspect of things. I just want local work so I left and came home to Washington state.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2014
main responsibilities detailing your collection, transportation & delivery duties, fixing mechanical faults and resolving other problems.
A great place to see the states and make some money.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hutchins, TxOctober 6, 2014
It is a job that requires a month of driving before home time and the person needs to be able to drive up to 10 hours a day to keep up with pick up and drop off times. One must be able to operate a Qualcomm and drive in a safe manner for the protection of other drivers, your co-driver and, most importantly, your own safety.
Large company
Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: have to stay out on the road to long to get quality hometime.
Large company, decent equipment,good pay.Have to stay out on the road to long to get quality hometime
good benefits
Truck Driver (national) (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: got good miles
Cons: not enough pay
Had a nice co-driver, saw the 48 states, learned how to drive better
N/A
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2014
Loved driving the big rigs and being my own boss. Just didn't like being away from home for long periods of time. Other than that, great job!
Great Job
OTR-Truck Driver (Former Employee), chattanooga tnSeptember 1, 2014
Enjoyed working with this company, seeing and learning new things.
Covenant
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), 400 Birmingham HwyAugust 23, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: being gone
When I was working at Covenant it had it's pro's and con's but what I enjoyed the most was being able to travel all through out the United States. My co-workers where very helpful. The most difficult part of the job was being away from my family and friends for long periods of time.
Trainer was very knowledeable. Nice company to drive for.
CDL - Class A, professional driver, OTR (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 21, 2014
I enjoyed driving for Covenant very much. They kept us moving and were always willing to help when needed. I hated to leave them. My co-driver (team driver) had emergency medical issues and we had to get off the truck.
Guaranteed to work your tail off
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good money and benefits once (if!) they hire you; brand new cubicles, carpet, and office chairs; some cool co-workers
Cons: working weekends is required, shady temp-to-hire situation, exhausting work load
I'm just gonna start rambling:

You are required to have a 4-year degree to get a job on the operations floor at Covenant.

Everyone gets hired through a temp agency at first. When you're offered a job in operations, they promise you that in 3 months you'll be hired on by Covenant, making $36,400 and then $39,000 in 6 months with the potential for quarterly bonuses. So, you do what any young professional would do in said situation and bust your butt for the company so that they'll hire you. Next thing you know, it's been 7 months, and you're still making $12 an hour through Randstad.

It's an okay place to work if you can manage stress well, just typical office politics and bureaucracy. Also, be warned that they are an extremely rightist, Christian company. Prayers will be said at meetings and pizza parties. The phrase "thanks Obama" will be used by the owner, who is (unfortunately) very involved in the business.

Management starts out very encouraging when you are brand new, but after about three weeks, you are thrown to the sharks. The work itself is tough to learn at first but can be enjoyable once you start to get the hang of it.

Most everyone has to stay past 5 to get their work done. This is not somewhere you can get away with clock-punching.

Operations floor employees are also required to work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) every fifth week (that's right -- 12 straight work days once every month) without any additional pay for the salaried employees.
Rotten Job
Commercial Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2014
Pros: see the us
Cons: everything else
NO home time and they have no respect for their drivers and their needs. Pay is stupid and they match up team drivers that are not compatible. I ended up by myself when my co-driver quit and I was stranded until I could get a new co-driver. They would not let me drive to a nearby terminal.
ok job
Truck driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2014
I was a over the road driver. drove all 48 states. I was a a driver trainer
Very Proffessional team oriented atmosphere
Over The Road Truck Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working at covenant, just looking to be at home. Tired of over the road.
see the country
Over the road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 5, 2014
Great place to work if you wants to see the country, driving a 53' truck/semi is great. You travel to all major citys and see the beautiful country at get paid doing it
Trucking Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2014
If you like driving team, this is the company for you. Not much else to say about this company