Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

I had a terrific time at Covenant.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 September 2017
Great Co, but I needed more miles..Covenant is primarily a team oriented company and I am a single driver. Although my first year I was 8th in the company for most miles. All I wanted to do was drive and make the money.
Great work environment
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN1 September 2017
Started off rough but after gaining experience I understood procedures a lot clearer and was fairly compensated.I drove over the road and after leaving the company for a job with better home time, they are diligently working to find a route that will best accommodate my wants and needs to come back with the company.
Solo Dedicated
Solo Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN31 August 2017
I learned how to use E-Logs by Quail-Com.
6 Months team
Pre-trip and post-trip inspections. (DOT regulated inspections).
Drop and hook.
Used paper logs.
I was put on a truck with a trainer for a minimum of 35 days for to learn and master their requirements, before being put in a truck with someone who has either just got off a truck with a trainer or someone who has some experience. You learn how to do paper logs. I ran paper logs for two years. Then I was required to learn how to run E-Logs by Qualcomm. I learned how to do a drop and hook (to drop a loaded or empty semi-trailer. You had to pre-trip and post trip inspections. The pre-trip was a visual inspection to make sure you did not over look anything on the post trip. Post trip is done at the end of each day a minimum of, both inspections logged at 15 min required by DOT. I ran six month with a team partner which was required by the company. The requirements to you had to learn how to read your BOLs or bills (bill of laden or shipping papers). You had to know if the load has hazardous material or no hazardous material. Solo OTR for the forty-eight (48) states.
Made good miles to make a great paycheck
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN28 August 2017
Mostly a team company back then. They offer great pay and bennifits. I never sat, I was always under a load. We had a great dispatch team that kept us running!
advance payroll dept
Customer Service Specialist (CSS) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN28 August 2017
great hours great benefits loading money to com data cards easy but stressful, management was good friendly fast pace diversified cultures . gladd to help people
Pros
all
Cons
in chattanooga
okay company to start
CDL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV28 August 2017
I was a team driver which i did not enjoy was away from home for up to 3 months at a time and we sat alot waiting for new loads . Driver with a partner was extremely hard
Pros
it was a job
Cons
partner driving and sitting a lot
rewarding
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX26 August 2017
the day started with a 15 minutes pre-inspection and log book recording. as a team member driving consisted of 5 hours sleep and 5 hours driving. before each driver got on they would do a 15 minute check of the equipment.
Pros
different cities and mini-vacations while waiting on loads
Very stressful
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN25 August 2017
Would of been a very good place to work if it wasn't for bad mangement..i loved my job just not the manager very stressful. It took me about 5 years to drive by without having something bad to say
Poor Working Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN18 August 2017
Poor management, terrible attitude towards employees regarding their contributions to the company. Lots of empty promises and unrealistic expectations of both in house and drivers. Upper management rides the backs of their employees and reap the rewards while their employees work hard to maintain relationships with customers and drivers to ensure their business grows. No perks working for this company. They are great at sucking the life out of their employees and spitting them out when they feel the employee no longer benefits them.
fun and demandidng
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  California18 August 2017
i had a great time with covenenant. no messing around with your money. went from state to state thank , safely,God. my manager and trainer was just wonderful
Pros
lond hauling
Cons

Want to know more about Covenant Transport?

Ask a question
Ok for some...
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN14 August 2017
This is a team orientated company and for me that's very stressful. I don't think they paid the drivers well nor was there to much freight for the new comer . A lot of the DM'S favored there drivers and they got the best loads while some who have't been there that long got scraps.
Pros
You can get a job there/
Cons
Not alot of freight there
Productive environment with enough time to rest for the following work.
Company driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN13 August 2017
working at covant transport is like working with your family members because there all work as a family. Management is great , the safety team works wonderful. The hardest part at the job is your self to understand what you went to do and do it right and on time.
It is a zero tolerance on employees don't follow rules and regulations for the company , to those who are lazy to work or for disrespectful and irresponsible people. The most enjoyable part is where you know you are working with people who cares about you and treats you as human being with respect you deserve.
Not bad but Required teaming is a bit much
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 August 2017
Required teaming is the only problem I had with Covenant. Hometime was 4-1 on time versus late. Pay for Hazmat and tanker is real good. Had a navigation system in their Qualcomm units as well.
Experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN8 August 2017
This was also my first truck company that I left than when back to than left again. They gave me good miles and I made good money when I was with teams.
Good Company, stressful work environment.
Fleet/ Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN7 August 2017
Avoid fleets if you can. The drivers that are hired in are usually not professional by any means. There is a lot of interdepartmental friction that causes what feels like a hostile work environment at times. The work can be highly rewarding at times as well.
Pros
benefits, nice break rooms, vacation.`
Cons
Very stressful
A Great Place To Work
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN6 August 2017
Covenant Transport is one of the few companies that I truly wish that I still worked for. They Truly CARE FOR there drivers and they know that there drivers are the reason that there bisiness is so successfull. I think that the Owner of Covenant Transport really understands what it is like to be an over the road truck driver because he use to be one. That is why he runs his companie like he truely cares for his dirvers.

The Employees at Covenant Transport are the reason that Covenant Transprot is so sucessfull and the Owner really know this and understands this as well. that is why, that the company has servived so long in this bisiness.

I loved working for Covenant Transport and would work for them again in a hart beat.
Pros
Everything. The Pay, The Insurance, the Work.ETC>
good place to work
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tennessee1 August 2017
good place to work,good equpment and good pay.,you can get all the esperience you need.they are a big company so they have a few terminal around all us.
Pros
good company overal
Cons
team driving is not for everybody
Covenant is a Great place to start a truck driving career especially to get your OTR experience.
Commercial driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
I really enjoyed the ups and downs at Covenant Transport seeing the determination of new drivers developing into Professional drivers learning the ropes by OTR hands on Experience.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
Overall good company they will keep u out for a minimum of three weeks at a time and the way to make money with this company is to have your hazmat endorsement
Driver
Driver to all (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
I was over the road driver to all 48 states. It consist of delivering commodities from shipper and receiver. On the contrary I was very valuable to many Americans get their daily resources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Transport. Our community is ready to answer.