Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

need i really say
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 25, 2015
its an over the road company their all the same when I was there the pay wasn't all of that but I had a great learning experience
OTR Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2015
At first I liked the job. Getting to drive throughout the united states was a beautiful experience. As the time went on it was harder to stay away form home so I decided to find a local job.
Nice place to work with good hometime policy
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking to spend some time on the road, and if you don't mind having a team mate. One of the best pay rates for dry van/
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Extended time away from home
DRIVER OTR
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 17, 2015
They expect you to stay awake too long . do not give enough home time off. could not ask for days off. was hussle is game and if you dont your look bad. all about money
Truck Driver
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 24, 2015
Long haul over the road truck driver of 18 wheeler. Drove trucks to designated drops. Made sure they were safe and on time.
Pros
Being own boss
Cons
Being out on road for 6-8 weeks
Good Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2015
I liked this company. They worked you and made sure you had the miles to make the money you wanted. Overall this is a great company.
nice place
truck driver (Former Employee) –  chattanooga tn.July 25, 2015
I would have stayed with cove but I did not get good pay couldn't pay my bills some codrivers had bad aditudes.they say get training in and find good company.had good recruiter got me to come back after resign now im drawing 0 pay for two weeks.
Wonderful benefits
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 17, 2015
I had more opportunities to learn different and more challenging skills that my job required. My co-workers were excellent and helped me learn more about different areas in my job. The hardest part of my job was having to work on weekends and holidays.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
worked holidays
Great place to work with knowledgeable people working with you.
Tractor/tailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2015
Was a great company to work for. Pay was good, training was good, and overall atmosphere was good. Great management team will to help out in any capacity they could.
lot of miles and loads
otr driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 8, 2015
covenant transport is a great starter company if you have no experience at over the road driving but once you realize there are better company's out there, you will want to change companies
Pros
long hauls competitive pay, great structure
Cons
disorganization from day shift to night shift. lack of communication
Travel
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 2, 2014
traveling long hours took a lot of getting use to.th hardest part of this job was learning how to calculate time using the rules and regulations of the state DOT, as well as remembering all the document needing to be completed at each pick up and delivery location. the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to travel around the world and see the beautiful sights created by God!
Pros
everything has to be timely
Cons
given the choice of where you would like to spend time off.
Depends on the "Fleet Advocate"
Long haul CDL team driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2015
There are many terriic people working at headquarters but the ones who really control your life are the "fleet advocates". (Fleet managers essentially). If you ahve a good one wall is well but if you have a difficult one you will be miserable.
good for newbies
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2015
for new drivers it's a good place to start as they consistently walk you through every step of handling yourself out on the road. limited expectations of speed and work ethic. that's why they require teams, they expect 4-6k miles out of a team and even governed I enjoy running 4-5k/week
Pros
patient teachers
Cons
they have no idea what can be done
Very large company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 16, 2015
It was tough being on the road for a month at a time and working for such a big company it was hard to have a voice with so many bosses.
Pros
Always had a terminal and a hotel at their HQ.
Cons
Being away from home.
Reasonable place for a trucker to make a living.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2014
Its pretty straight forward. Same as any other OTR company. You get up in the morning or at night and drive all day or all night. Take very little time off. It was rough being a team driver with covenant working in such close proximity to your co driver, however I happened to meet my current fiancé with covenant so at least they did something right. Actually not a bad place to work if you don't mind the team aspect of things. I just want local work so I left and came home to Washington state.
Pros
good miles for team drivers
Cons
not very good if you like hometime
Productive and fast, exciting place to work
Fleet Manager/Load Planner/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 3, 2014
Great company to work for at an entry level position but very hard to move up within the organization without having ten plus years of experience. Culture is great for the most as the company generally cares for its staff members.
Pros
relationship between coworkers and management
Cons
communication of frontline worker to management, needs on of internal staff
contradictions
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, OKMay 10, 2015
this place is full of contradictions. dispatchers/managers often can't keep the truck moving. just this week I sat four days out of the week. no matter how much you get paid you can not make money that way. if you mess up on anything they threaten to write you up and I have never in any of my jobs been written up or even threatened with that. While the managers can completely screw you in every way imaginable and nothing happens to them, not to mention their poor attitudes in dealing with the drivers. when I approached the managers boss he told me he didn't want to hear it cause he is tired of complaints against them, he wanted ways to fix it. understandable, but last time I check that was in his job description not mine. everything slides down hill to the drivers here. they will try and pass everything off on the drive if they can. it is sad cause I was extremely excited to start working here, but within a few weeks I was already noticing problems. they are not as they try to appear.
Pros
they seem to be making improvement to compensate the driver more.
Cons
everything as of now
Covenant Transport
Customer Service/Dispatch/Load planning/Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnApril 30, 2015
Was glad to have the opportunity given by Covenant Transport to learn and grow. Learned that hard work and patience are important in every aspect of work.
Great teaming experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
Loved it and learned a lot. No major complaints. Pay was really good teaming and I was able to avoid lots of problems with a partner.
The many cons and few pros for working at Covenant Transport
Fleet Manager in Operations (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2016
Pros

The people that you work with will get you through each day- as far as other fleet managers, CSR's, planners - their funny and awesome personalities will help lighten the stress many of my days. The pay was decent with good benefits.

Cons
- TRAINING: You do not get training. Their way of training is sitting you with people, that aren't certified to train at Covenant. There is no training program, so good luck!

-CULTURE: The company prides themselves on being a Christian company. They may need to rework their values, because "Christianity" is not in day to day culture - well, except at the Christmas Company Lunch of course. They do not give a rip about their employees. If you aren't a favorite, you are treated and looked to like dirt.They overwork their employees. They will write you up for things you've never been trained on or never been talked to about to know it's an issue.

-INHOUSE TURNOVER: In my little over a year there, and this is not an exaggeration - in fact i'm probably not even counting all of them - I watched more than 12 humans either get fired or walk out. I watched 4 Leads be Demoted. I watched new people come in for training at LEAST 2 times a month. Then the company will turn around and preach to you about how we need to fix driver turnover. CLEARLY, while driver turnover is an issue, your IN HOUSE turnover is also an issue that needs some serious focus on.

-MICROMANAGEMENT: "Glorified Secretary." That's what you are if you work in Operations. They don't let you manage. If you do manage, they put down the way you are doing so. They
  more... micro-manage you and every decision you make. There's no upward movement.  less

2.8