Covenant Transport

Truck driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2014
I was a over the road driver. drove all 48 states. I was a a driver trainer
Very Proffessional team oriented atmosphere
Over The Road Truck Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working at covenant, just looking to be at home. Tired of over the road.
see the country
Over the road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 5, 2014
Great place to work if you wants to see the country, driving a 53' truck/semi is great. You travel to all major citys and see the beautiful country at get paid doing it
Trucking Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2014
If you like driving team, this is the company for you. Not much else to say about this company
Very busy office
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 26, 2014
Pros: good company to work for good environment
Cons: insurance
I handled thousands of calls a day to advance money to truckers while out on the road till payday. Was a very stressful job an made lots of truckers mad when couldn't supply them money but always took care of what needed to be taken care of in a timely manner. Hardest part of this job was not being able to help them when they needed it.
Not a bad company
Company driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay, decent benefits
Cons: not great with home-time
This is a decent company. I would work for them again if I had to, but not my first choice
Great Trucking Company
Over the Road Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 19, 2014
The company will get you miles but they don't value their good employees enough.
Employees and management are nice people
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyed my trainer, very informative and skilled
Cons: didn't like being away from home for 2 months at a time
Didn't like being away from home for long periods of time.Their trucks seemed to be well maintained.
Covenant treats people fairly.
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 18, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: too long road time.
Not a lot of waiting for loads.
Team driving situation not preferred.
Had good relationship with driver manager.
Hardest part of job was being on the road for 3 to 4 weeks at a time.
Enjoyed seeing a lot of country.
Bad company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2014
Cons: pay and benefits, they don't care about your family needs
Bad company the lie and do not treat there people good they have no care for your family. Lowest pay. Dirty old equipment.
productive and over all a good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: to long away from home.
a typical day at work. I learned people skills and got driving experience.
Good starter company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 3, 2014
Good starter company flexible schedule and home time.Year round freight to keep you running.
Productive and Fun over the road experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day for me is pickup and deliver cargo on time to there destinations. After every load I complete a log book for DOT purposes. When I worked for Covenant Transport Inc. I was a certified driver student trainer and discretionary driver meaning I had the ability to make decision without calling the company . I had the opportunity to train diverse – more... personnel's to new levels of success . I learned that every load must be delivered on time an not a minute late. Management was very helpful when needed. The hardest part about the job was being in the bad weathers; like snowy weather, rainy weather, and high windy areas. You must stay focus and alert at all times. The enjoyable part was being a trainer and helping someone reach their goal. – less
Excellent Company
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 16, 2014
They offered nice pay and miles. But home time became an issue.
fun place to work
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Shreveport, La.December 12, 2013
This was a nice company and the co-workers were great I only left due personal reasons that my father became chronically ill.
Productive, no social life and unhealthy
Over the road driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 4, 2013
Not a great place to work if you want any kind of social or healthy life. You walk on egg shells and are always at a constant high level of stress. Best parts about the job is talking to customers, helping drivers, and only those few people not trying to brown nose.
leaning process was very good
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 6, 2013
Pros: positive future
Cons: low pay
trainer was patient with me, co workers were helpful, and i enjoyed
learning a new career
productive place to work
Personnel Clerk/ Recruiter (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 4, 2013
conduct orientations weekly, reseaching applicants great co workers and bosses friendly enviroment
Productive Truck Driver
Fleet Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2013
A typical day at work was doing inspections on the truck, preparing for my trips, driving in and out of city limits and states.
Covenant Transport
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 19, 2013
Pros: driver managers are bribable
Cons: i don't spend my hard earned cash on driver managers...
Typical day of work? Expect to get smart aleck responses when you are inexperienced and have to ask a question.
What I learned: this company preached safety but then pushed us to drive before our resets were complete and they continued to do this with everyone until there were fatalities and accidents as a result of exhaustion, they continuously screwed – more... up our pay and when we asked payroll to check themselves got yelled at, were promised home time and then had to fight tooth and nail to get home (for example, I missed my brother's funeral - never even got to say goodbye while he was in the hospital a week prior to his death)
What I learned: Best advice I could give a newcomer is to watch your money, remember that you are the one that will pay DOT if you are running illegal, so make sure that you are doing what DOT wants you to do and the company will just have to pout if they don't like it.
Trucking is as hard as you make it, better companies are out there that will take on a student driver without making you go through hell - EPES for one...
Management: in this company... leave them alone, they don't care, no such thing as an open door policy no matter what they say.
My co-workers: I miss them...
The hardest part of the job: Every day that you care about this company and put it above your family.
The most enjoyable part of the job: the day I quit. – less

1 2 3 4

About Covenant Transport

Young people rely on Covenant House to keep its promises. The not-for-profit group offers outreach and crisis centers for homeless – Read more