Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 16, 2016
Stay away from this company. They just want to use drivers for their benefit and treat you like dirt disrespect drivers every chance they have. Management is full of ... they put high expectations on drivers and don't care about your needs. Always problems with the home time, never fix anything on your truck only temporary, too many promises and that's all. A lot of cancelled loads, a lot of times will give the same load to multiple trucks. Management is full of manipulation and do what they tell you to do, very pushy and forceful. Always a problem if you want to take a break or go home. Don't care about your safety at all. So stay away from this company. A a religion for them is just a mask to use for their advantage. Hopefully it will help you guys!!! God Bless!!!
Exellent Career
Licensed OTR (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 14, 2016
A+ benifits
Great dispatchers
I would definitly recommend this company to anyone who wants to succeed in life. good pay, also a chance to improve endorsements for a CDL
Pros
travel
Team Driving Company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 6, 2016
It's one of the best otr company out there who hires student without experience and probably one of the best pay to make good money u have to be in team driving and gotta have hazmat endorsement i don't really like the home time the most enjoyable thing u get to see all 48 states.
Pros
best no experience pay
Cons
not a solo company
Lots of driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed being on the road for the 3 months I worked with this company, I was able to see a lot of the country delivering loads and picking them up
racist trainer
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 31, 2016
I worked at this company for my internship, but my experiences wasn't expected. My trainer was very rude and did not explain everything before getting over the road. The company was not trying to pay me what I worked either, I am lucky to have all my receipts to get compensated.
Pros
I get to see the country.
Cons
away from family, driving to worse weathers, and homesickness.
Good learning experience and resource full
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37419May 23, 2016
Working on trucks, learned to repair trucks, work well with others, and learned to efficiently finish projects.
Management could be better, but co workers are 5 star.
Pretty Awesome
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2016
This is a company worth being at working for and never leaving. Career driven, family oriented and great staff. First company to work for right out of trucking school. Loved how they took care of my as I took care of my family. I could go on and on; you would just have to see for yourself.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
weekend dispatch
Company does understand the drivers side
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 6, 2016
Loved to work for this company. They trained me, they gave me a truck and where up to date with technology making it easy for me to deliver payloads safely and accurately even if I had never been to the area.
Pros
Caring Company
Cons
Never let them send you on grehound
Bad for drivers
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 2, 2016
Bad company bad dispatchers no pay raises in years this company has had a bad reputation for years. Its the management! Stay away from this company
Pros
YOU HAVE A JOB
Cons
rEALLY BAD FOR TRUCK DRIVERS
Corporate America at its Finest!!
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 16, 2016
This company is good only if you have your Hazmat if you do not they treat you like you do not exist and bring it up every day "you should get your Hazmat".

I resigned because every load we got was cancelled.

Make sure you do not live paycheck to paycheck. When you resign they hold your last paycheck for up to 21 days. I resigned two weeks ago and I still have not received mine. Horrible company. I have never heard of such a thing. I usually recommend past trucking companies to other people especially as I am also a carer coach, but this company will go as one of the worst trucking companies to work for.

This company also has a horrible safety record, because of that you have to go into 98% of open scale houses. You also get stopped at all roadside inspections.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
The whole company is a con artist
great company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 8, 2016
covenant was my favorite company, i liked the pay and the conditions, wished the had more loacal opportunities, i reccomend people here all of the time, best company ive worked with
Pros
good pay
Cons
home time
The many cons and few pros for working at Covenant Transport
Fleet Manager in Operations (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2016
Pros

The people that you work with will get you through each day- as far as other fleet managers, CSR's, planners - their funny and awesome personalities will help lighten the stress many of my days. The pay was decent with good benefits.

Cons
- TRAINING: You do not get training. Their way of training is sitting you with people, that aren't certified to train at Covenant. There is no training program, so good luck!

-CULTURE: The company prides themselves on being a Christian company. They may need to rework their values, because "Christianity" is not in day to day culture - well, except at the Christmas Company Lunch of course. They do not give a rip about their employees. If you aren't a favorite, you are treated and looked to like dirt.They overwork their employees. They will write you up for things you've never been trained on or never been talked to about to know it's an issue.

-INHOUSE TURNOVER: In my little over a year there, and this is not an exaggeration - in fact i'm probably not even counting all of them - I watched more than 12 humans either get fired or walk out. I watched 4 Leads be Demoted. I watched new people come in for training at LEAST 2 times a month. Then the company will turn around and preach to you about how we need to fix driver turnover. CLEARLY, while driver turnover is an issue, your IN HOUSE turnover is also an issue that needs some serious focus on.

-MICROMANAGEMENT: "Glorified Secretary." That's what you are if you work in Operations. They don't let you manage. If you do manage, they put down the way you are doing so. They
  more... micro-manage you and every decision you make. There's no upward movement.  less
ok co
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 30, 2016
working in fort benning ga loading materials on the rail head and transporting them to the yard i enjoyed working for this co I will work for them again
Learning Place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2016
I started after high school and learned a lot of trucking. Meet a lot of new people. They have a lot of meeting so it is hard for management to help you make a lot of choices on your own. Lots of hard work and long hours.
Recruiting Clerk
Assisting recruiters (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 5, 2016
Typically day includes meeting drivers and verifying employment and driving history. Very fast paced and goal driven company. The hardest part of the job was having too many drivers in one weeks time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The owner and family are very nice people and allow the employees to have a spiritual meeting every Wednesday at lunch. Great environment to work for.
need i really say
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 25, 2015
its an over the road company their all the same when I was there the pay wasn't all of that but I had a great learning experience
Very religious and fired me after first major accident
Professional OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 20, 2015
I was not cited by police and no damage to other vehicles or injuries. This accident happened on October 21-22, 2015 in Dallas when there were 500 accidents on the city's poorly drained roads, but I was fired anyway.
Demanding occupation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2015
Main objective was to deliver the freight in a safe and timely manner, in order to carry out this task, America requires the truck drivers to undergo intensive training and once employed actively in the position to adhere to the stringent (DOT) safety rules which entails driving to the trucks log which prohibits the driver from driving too many hours and thus getting ample sleep and rest.
There was not much interaction with peers and management because I was employed as a solo driver which meant working independently most of the time. The hardest part of the job was probably the time frame that a driver was out on the road which was 3 to weeks at a time. If you married with kids, this was not an ideal situation but when that time came to head back home state, unhook the trailer and drive the truck back to the wife, it made it all worthwhile.
Pros
Got to see America
Cons
Away from home for long periods of time
Good Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2015
I liked this company. They worked you and made sure you had the miles to make the money you wanted. Overall this is a great company.
DRIVER OTR
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 17, 2015
They expect you to stay awake too long . do not give enough home time off. could not ask for days off. was hussle is game and if you dont your look bad. all about money

2.8