Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good benefits
Truck Driver (national) (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: got good miles
Cons: not enough pay
Had a nice co-driver, saw the 48 states, learned how to drive better
N/A
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2014
Loved driving the big rigs and being my own boss. Just didn't like being away from home for long periods of time. Other than that, great job!
Great Job
OTR-Truck Driver (Former Employee), chattanooga tnSeptember 1, 2014
Enjoyed working with this company, seeing and learning new things.
Covenant
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), 400 Birmingham HwyAugust 23, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: being gone
When I was working at Covenant it had it's pro's and con's but what I enjoyed the most was being able to travel all through out the United States. My co-workers where very helpful. The most difficult part of the job was being away from my family and friends for long periods of time.
Trainer was very knowledeable. Nice company to drive for.
CDL - Class A, professional driver, OTR (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 21, 2014
I enjoyed driving for Covenant very much. They kept us moving and were always willing to help when needed. I hated to leave them. My co-driver (team driver) had emergency medical issues and we had to get off the truck.
Guaranteed to work your tail off
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good money and benefits once (if!) they hire you; brand new cubicles, carpet, and office chairs; some cool co-workers
Cons: working weekends is required, shady temp-to-hire situation, exhausting work load
I'm just gonna start rambling:

You are required to have a 4-year degree to get a job on the operations floor at Covenant.

Everyone gets hired through a temp agency at first. When you're offered a job in operations, they promise you that in 3 months you'll be hired on by Covenant, making $36,400 and then $39,000 in 6 months with the potential for quarterly – more... bonuses. So, you do what any young professional would do in said situation and bust your butt for the company so that they'll hire you. Next thing you know, it's been 7 months, and you're still making $12 an hour through Randstad.

It's an okay place to work if you can manage stress well, just typical office politics and bureaucracy. Also, be warned that they are an extremely rightist, Christian company. Prayers will be said at meetings and pizza parties. The phrase "thanks Obama" will be used by the owner, who is (unfortunately) very involved in the business.

Management starts out very encouraging when you are brand new, but after about three weeks, you are thrown to the sharks. The work itself is tough to learn at first but can be enjoyable once you start to get the hang of it.

Most everyone has to stay past 5 to get their work done. This is not somewhere you can get away with clock-punching.

Operations floor employees are also required to work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) every fifth week (that's right -- 12 straight work days once every month) without any additional pay for the salaried employees. – less
Rotten Job
Commercial Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2014
Pros: see the us
Cons: everything else
NO home time and they have no respect for their drivers and their needs. Pay is stupid and they match up team drivers that are not compatible. I ended up by myself when my co-driver quit and I was stranded until I could get a new co-driver. They would not let me drive to a nearby terminal.
ok job
Truck driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2014
I was a over the road driver. drove all 48 states. I was a a driver trainer
Very Proffessional team oriented atmosphere
Over The Road Truck Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working at covenant, just looking to be at home. Tired of over the road.
see the country
Over the road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 5, 2014
Great place to work if you wants to see the country, driving a 53' truck/semi is great. You travel to all major citys and see the beautiful country at get paid doing it
Trucking Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2014
If you like driving team, this is the company for you. Not much else to say about this company
Very busy office
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 26, 2014
Pros: good company to work for good environment
Cons: insurance
I handled thousands of calls a day to advance money to truckers while out on the road till payday. Was a very stressful job an made lots of truckers mad when couldn't supply them money but always took care of what needed to be taken care of in a timely manner. Hardest part of this job was not being able to help them when they needed it.
Not a bad company
Company driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay, decent benefits
Cons: not great with home-time
This is a decent company. I would work for them again if I had to, but not my first choice
Great Trucking Company
Over the Road Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 19, 2014
The company will get you miles but they don't value their good employees enough.
Employees and management are nice people
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyed my trainer, very informative and skilled
Cons: didn't like being away from home for 2 months at a time
Didn't like being away from home for long periods of time.Their trucks seemed to be well maintained.
Covenant treats people fairly.
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 18, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: too long road time.
Not a lot of waiting for loads.
Team driving situation not preferred.
Had good relationship with driver manager.
Hardest part of job was being on the road for 3 to 4 weeks at a time.
Enjoyed seeing a lot of country.
Bad company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2014
Cons: pay and benefits, they don't care about your family needs
Bad company the lie and do not treat there people good they have no care for your family. Lowest pay. Dirty old equipment.
productive and over all a good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: to long away from home.
a typical day at work. I learned people skills and got driving experience.
Good starter company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 3, 2014
Good starter company flexible schedule and home time.Year round freight to keep you running.
Productive and Fun over the road experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day for me is pickup and deliver cargo on time to there destinations. After every load I complete a log book for DOT purposes. When I worked for Covenant Transport Inc. I was a certified driver student trainer and discretionary driver meaning I had the ability to make decision without calling the company . I had the opportunity to train diverse – more... personnel's to new levels of success . I learned that every load must be delivered on time an not a minute late. Management was very helpful when needed. The hardest part about the job was being in the bad weathers; like snowy weather, rainy weather, and high windy areas. You must stay focus and alert at all times. The enjoyable part was being a trainer and helping someone reach their goal. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Covenant Transport

Young people rely on Covenant House to keep its promises. The not-for-profit group offers outreach and crisis centers for homeless – Read more