Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

Bad for drivers
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 2, 2016
Bad company bad dispatchers no pay raises in years this company has had a bad reputation for years. Its the management! Stay away from this company
Pros
YOU HAVE A JOB
Cons
rEALLY BAD FOR TRUCK DRIVERS
The many cons and few pros for working at Covenant Transport
Fleet Manager in Operations (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2016
Pros

The people that you work with will get you through each day- as far as other fleet managers, CSR's, planners - their funny and awesome personalities will help lighten the stress many of my days. The pay was decent with good benefits.

Cons
- TRAINING: You do not get training. Their way of training is sitting you with people, that aren't certified to train at Covenant. There is no training program, so good luck!

-CULTURE: The company prides themselves on being a Christian company. They may need to rework their values, because "Christianity" is not in day to day culture - well, except at the Christmas Company Lunch of course. They do not give a rip about their employees. If you aren't a favorite, you are treated and looked to like dirt.They overwork their employees. They will write you up for things you've never been trained on or never been talked to about to know it's an issue.

-INHOUSE TURNOVER: In my little over a year there, and this is not an exaggeration - in fact i'm probably not even counting all of them - I watched more than 12 humans either get fired or walk out. I watched 4 Leads be Demoted. I watched new people come in for training at LEAST 2 times a month. Then the company will turn around and preach to you about how we need to fix driver turnover. CLEARLY, while driver turnover is an issue, your IN HOUSE turnover is also an issue that needs some serious focus on.

-MICROMANAGEMENT: "Glorified Secretary." That's what you are if you work in Operations. They don't let you manage. If you do manage, they put down the way you are doing so. They
  more... micro-manage you and every decision you make. There's no upward movement.  less
Learning Place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2016
I started after high school and learned a lot of trucking. Meet a lot of new people. They have a lot of meeting so it is hard for management to help you make a lot of choices on your own. Lots of hard work and long hours.
Demanding occupation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2015
Main objective was to deliver the freight in a safe and timely manner, in order to carry out this task, America requires the truck drivers to undergo intensive training and once employed actively in the position to adhere to the stringent (DOT) safety rules which entails driving to the trucks log which prohibits the driver from driving too many hours and thus getting ample sleep and rest.
There was not much interaction with peers and management because I was employed as a solo driver which meant working independently most of the time. The hardest part of the job was probably the time frame that a driver was out on the road which was 3 to weeks at a time. If you married with kids, this was not an ideal situation but when that time came to head back home state, unhook the trailer and drive the truck back to the wife, it made it all worthwhile.
Pros
Got to see America
Cons
Away from home for long periods of time
Corporate America at its Finest!!
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 16, 2016
This company is good only if you have your Hazmat if you do not they treat you like you do not exist and bring it up every day "you should get your Hazmat".

I resigned because every load we got was cancelled.

Make sure you do not live paycheck to paycheck. When you resign they hold your last paycheck for up to 21 days. I resigned two weeks ago and I still have not received mine. Horrible company. I have never heard of such a thing. I usually recommend past trucking companies to other people especially as I am also a carer coach, but this company will go as one of the worst trucking companies to work for.

This company also has a horrible safety record, because of that you have to go into 98% of open scale houses. You also get stopped at all roadside inspections.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
The whole company is a con artist
An evolving company
Ceva Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 22, 2015
This company has evolved in being better to server their company drivers. Mind you it is a slow progress but a progress none the less. They are looking out for the drivers in what they think is best. Some drivers might not agree with their way of thinking. But then again what company has been 100% in sync with employee. I hit an all time low in physical, emotional, and mental health. They fired but were very supportive and even set up some kind of account to help me through this trouble. So I left on good terms with them.
Pros
Understanding, and works with drivers.
Cons
Not so great on compensation
Very religious and fired me after first major accident
Professional OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 20, 2015
I was not cited by police and no damage to other vehicles or injuries. This accident happened on October 21-22, 2015 in Dallas when there were 500 accidents on the city's poorly drained roads, but I was fired anyway.
Pretty Awesome
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2016
This is a company worth being at working for and never leaving. Career driven, family oriented and great staff. First company to work for right out of trucking school. Loved how they took care of my as I took care of my family. I could go on and on; you would just have to see for yourself.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
weekend dispatch
Recruiting Clerk
Assisting recruiters (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 5, 2016
Typically day includes meeting drivers and verifying employment and driving history. Very fast paced and goal driven company. The hardest part of the job was having too many drivers in one weeks time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The owner and family are very nice people and allow the employees to have a spiritual meeting every Wednesday at lunch. Great environment to work for.
Company does understand the drivers side
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 6, 2016
Loved to work for this company. They trained me, they gave me a truck and where up to date with technology making it easy for me to deliver payloads safely and accurately even if I had never been to the area.
Pros
Caring Company
Cons
Never let them send you on grehound
great company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 8, 2016
covenant was my favorite company, i liked the pay and the conditions, wished the had more loacal opportunities, i reccomend people here all of the time, best company ive worked with
Pros
good pay
Cons
home time
ok co
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 30, 2016
working in fort benning ga loading materials on the rail head and transporting them to the yard i enjoyed working for this co I will work for them again
productive fun work place wit ping pong table in break room
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 14, 2015
Gained a lot of experience during training and over the road training.
Fun work place with supportive from the leaders in the company other over the road drivers.
The office is never over crowded with people there available to meet with you when ever.
This company also has its own hotel for employees
Pros
Free transportation around the city
Cons
Healthcare
need i really say
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 25, 2015
its an over the road company their all the same when I was there the pay wasn't all of that but I had a great learning experience
Wonderful benefits
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 17, 2015
I had more opportunities to learn different and more challenging skills that my job required. My co-workers were excellent and helped me learn more about different areas in my job. The hardest part of my job was having to work on weekends and holidays.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
worked holidays
okay starter company
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 25, 2015
Decent company to start with for over the road work. They can definetely work on better training for their employees on their automative systems in the trucks. The gps systems arent the greatest and dispatch isnt always the most helpful but thats any over the road company.
Pros
Decent pay permile
Cons
no home time
Good Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2015
I liked this company. They worked you and made sure you had the miles to make the money you wanted. Overall this is a great company.
Great Place to work
O.T.R/Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2015
I am still employed with this company and I love working for them I just want to explore my options and see what's out here in the work force being on the road is great but you tend to miss home and your family.
Student Based Company
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 26, 2015
Is this company good to get a quick year or two in for experience? Yes. Is this company one you want to retire from? By no means. Covenant Transport started off pretty good with me going through their military program and all. This made pay a lot better. I was making 0.44 cent per mile for half miles as a team driver for my first year. You figure up your pay per mile with hazmat retention, team hazmat pay, mileage pay, and per diem mileage pay. This all added up to what I just put up there. I made an average of $1000 a week. Sometimes more and sometimes less. Got a penny raise per mile after one year of no accidents. Pretty sad raise. My Co driver and I drove as many miles as possible in a week. At times going over 6000 miles a week. Management has changed this year in 2015. A new fleet manager decided to start talking to us with complete disrespect and like we were children. Attitude every day is what we would get. We ended up standing up for ourselves and refused a load for the way we were treated and talked to. We ended up being terminated in Texas and had to find our way to Florida from there. Being terminated by them was the best thing to happen to my Co driver and I. We now are doing business with companies that actually respect drivers and don't treat you like dog feces. If you can avoid this company, I recommend it, unless you can't get employed elsewhere. They say they are Christian and family oriented. It's a play of words. My whole family is Christian, these people are far from it. You deserve better than this. This pay is decent as a team driver for  more... your first year or two. Just remember, you're nothing but a number that they have no problem replacing the next day. Once you're in, you're a number.  less
Pros
First year pay (team only), Always had been home on time, Some "ok" dispatchers (if you're lucky).
Cons
Force dispatch, under staffed, disrespectful management, under valued, easily replaceable, pushed to become a trainer, trainers can't sleep much, you can't pick your loads obviously
Great place to work with knowledgeable people working with you.
Tractor/tailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2015
Was a great company to work for. Pay was good, training was good, and overall atmosphere was good. Great management team will to help out in any capacity they could.