Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

Not good
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN12 January 2018
It was my first company I work for they gave me a staring chance I would not go back if I had to but for other people each to its own I just glad to had a chace to drive .
Pros
70 Hours week
Cons
7 Days a week
Great place to see the united states including Canada
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN8 January 2018
My husband and I were team drivers over the road. We got to see many great places and be together. We always had plenty of time to get where we needed to be
Pros
Great place to see united states
Cons
Short home time
for me it was not a work place, it was a family place.
CDL driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN8 January 2018
They treat you fairly, It is one of the best company i've worked for.They are real professionel. i love their work ethic. Working for them is the best experience for me. I learned a lot from them.
Worst
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN5 January 2018
They are the worst people to work for wouldn't send my worst enemy there to work they have four people skills in the office and they act like they own everybody that comes to work for them did not like it at all did not like it at all did not like it at all did not like it at all. The worst company I've ever worked for my life
Pros
Cons
Yep they have a bunch of Conn's over there
Good Company To Start With
INCIDENT-RESPONSE CENTER COORDINATION (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN3 January 2018
Good Company to start working with, but the management could manage better and the work load could be better as well. Everyone in the IRC doesn't get paid enough to do all the work load that is wanted.
Pros
Vacation days, and days off
Cons
Work Load has gotten stressful
Good company to work for
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN2 January 2018
Pretty standard trucking job. Its all about your work ethics if you are going to succeed with any trucking company. This was my first CDL job and I enjoyed working for them . I would recommend Covenant.
Pros
plenty of miles
Cons
hard to find a compatible co-driver.
Big place with lots of staff !
Hazmat Endorsed Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN29 December 2017
I would like to work for a company who doesn't take advantage of their employee's and gives them the credit for the hard work put in and not lie to them about getting them etc..
Pros
Good overall friendliness when speaking to you.
Cons
Lying, taking advantage and underpaid work, not enough work.
N/a
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741915 December 2017
Working a Covenant Transport was a biter sweet because this company give people job opportunity, to establish yourself as truck driver. I would like to thank every one who work hard to keep this company rolling from janitors, cooperated, and most important people the driver like my self!!! No bad mouth about the company that help you help become more better professional driver!!
Truck Driver
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN6 December 2017
Safely operated tractor and trailer, delivering cargo to suppliers. Covenant offered competitive pay. The managers were great and always strived to get me home in time.
Fine for new drivers
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN26 November 2017
It is a training company and the pay is in line with being a training company. you cant make a living working at this company but, you will get your experience while driving here.
I was not happy
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN17 November 2017
I had to go out of state away from my family to work here , 5 weeks out at a time before home time. Trucks and trailers were always breaking down. I seen more motels in my short time with this company then i have ever had in my life.
Terrible management and no home time.
Long haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741913 November 2017
During my over the road orientation, I had 2 trainers quit for better jobs and got to see my family for 3 hours in a 2 month time period. Dispatch failed to communicate on multiple occasions on updates about load cancellations and changes. Was stuck in a city for a 3 day weekend with no load, had a distributor tell me the load had been cancelled when management had "forgot" to update us earlier.
it was a great flexible place to work.
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 November 2017
I really love working here and the only reason I am having to leave is sleep apnea and im unable to sleep with the mask on the truck it dries out my eyes, and as a result I am unable to maintain a dot medical for my class a license and there is no in house jobs I qualify for.
Pros
Great pay, very friendly people, its like your part of a big family.
Cons
maybe if you don't want to be gone for a period of time from your home.
Overall good
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN6 November 2017
It was a good job but was away from home too often, you have to be be able to away from home for long periods of time, but you are your own boss out there on the road
It wasn't for me
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN4 November 2017
I can't speak for everybody else but it just wasn't for me. Not a bad place to work if truck driving is your lifestyle it just wasn't for me. Not a lot of home time.
Good Starting Job
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN29 October 2017
Lack of communication about loads
Blame passing when work load is not understood
Management talks down to staff when they make mistakes
Fleet teams are very lazy
Pros
Paid time Off, Make up pay for short hours
Cons
Communication, Long months on road
typical day at work
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN26 October 2017
You are essentially asked to complete 4 hours of busy work everyday on top of your outlined responsibilities. These additional tasks are stressed to be as important as every other part of your job. There is no difference in recognition for a high performer or a low performer. As a low performer you are able to be lazy, negligent, and rude to your drivers with no real consequence. As a high performer, you are expected to pick up the slack without any additional compensation or recognition.
Pros
A really nice gym to work out at.
Cons
Far more work than time to complete it, mgmt moves at a glacial pace, lots of feel good fluff but no actual improvements.
Good Compnay
CDL Track Driver (Former Employee) –  Tennessee25 October 2017
I enjoyed working for this organization and the management was very fair. Often times there weren't to many loads to carry and there were a lot of slow periods.
Long work hours
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN14 October 2017
Being a truck driver is a lot of long hours working and especially doing team driving is stressful because your always on the road. I got 1 vacation day added to my reserve of vacation days that I can take whenever I want. do the math and thats almost 2 months of work sleeping on a bed smaller than a twin size in a moving truck for 1 week off. I couldn't do it anymore because the pay wasn't worth it. I got payed really good and they guarantee a weekly minimum pay which is good for when its slow.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
long work hours
Excellent Experience
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 October 2017
My time at Covenant has been an overall excellent experience. It is a christian based company. They incorporate christian based principles in all they do. Executive management is very approachable and friendly. Covenant is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Transport. Our community is ready to answer.