Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

Excellent Experience
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 October 2017
My time at Covenant has been an overall excellent experience. It is a christian based company. They incorporate christian based principles in all they do. Executive management is very approachable and friendly. Covenant is a great place to work.
terrible
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN10 October 2017
Almost everything they tell you during orientation is false. They will promise you the world to get you in the door and then its all about getting everyone paid except the driver.
First truck driving job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN6 October 2017
I team drove with my brother. We hauled everything from carpet, vegetables, clothes, mail, etc. We had a nonstop route that started in GA to WA, to CA, to AZ, to FL, back to Ga and start over.
Pros
good start job
Cons
no home time
hard work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN3 October 2017
competitive long distance driving over the road more than 6 weeks at a time lots of miles fast paced not much time off good incentives monthly bonuses
In between job
Brokerage Financial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN30 September 2017
A good place for experience for the future.

The hardest part was the ups and downs of the department. There were times when we were asked to take days off without pay to help with the current company status.
Pros
It was a paycheck.
Cons
Pay was low.
Job atmaspher was very proffesional but very cut throat
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN28 September 2017
An overall excellent place to , very well managed however co drivers will cut throat hard. Co drivers with less experience will be chosen before and put before those with more experience. New drivers panic i know i did and before i knew it my co driver with more experience was let go. I felt terrible. I was let go against a first time driver while i had 6 mnths experience. It is a great starter company but not for the more experienced. The management team is great always respectful. A very dignified job. If you want a respectable place in life here it is. If you want a more fulfilling lot in life here it is. However fair warning do not trust a blind meeting co driver. If you plan to drive teams make sure you know your co driver nevet go blind. Couples have the best chance.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Cut throat very
good place to start off
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741923 September 2017
Covenant is a team based company which team's do get better pay and seem to have less problems than being solo which there isn't much freight but will still help out in way's they can.
Training
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN18 September 2017
MAKE SURE THEY PROPERLY TRAIN YOU!! They will feed you to the dogs and expect you to just know/learn on the fly. very fast paced and difficult to learn what is needed if you do not have the basics.
too much time out not enough home time
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN14 September 2017
I really liked working for covenant transport the only things I didn't like was dispatch does not want to work with you they want you to run, run, run and you never get good home time, I got 2 days a month
Pros
good miles
Cons
no time home
Positive workplace
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN13 September 2017
OTR Team driving requires many long weeks away from home, 3 to 5 weeks at a time. Dedicated or Regional or local is better for anyone You wishes time with family
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too long away from home
Good pay but long hours, poor communication with dispatch
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN12 September 2017
Loved working for Covenant Transport except for the communication with Dispatch. During the weekdays it was ok, but during the nights and weekends it was awful. We would spend hours sitting in places waiting for dispatch to find us an empty trailer for a load only for it to not exist in the location we were given. Very stressful in that regard, but other than that, everything was really nice. If you do request time off, though, make sure you don't plan any appointments for that first day. We found out the hard way that their policy is to get you home some time before midnight on the day you asked off. So you could be working till 1159 on the first day you asked off for a vacation and they would still consider it getting you home "on time".
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Communication and time off was always stressful
ok job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 3741912 September 2017
sometimes slow good when busy.Time off wasn't enough. Was a team with my wife and that made the jobe more tolerable. Overall the job was good dispatchers neede to have more manners
Pros
proffesional
Cons
too many repowers
I had a terrific time at Covenant.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 September 2017
Great Co, but I needed more miles..Covenant is primarily a team oriented company and I am a single driver. Although my first year I was 8th in the company for most miles. All I wanted to do was drive and make the money.
Great work environment
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN1 September 2017
Started off rough but after gaining experience I understood procedures a lot clearer and was fairly compensated.I drove over the road and after leaving the company for a job with better home time, they are diligently working to find a route that will best accommodate my wants and needs to come back with the company.
Solo Dedicated
Solo Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN31 August 2017
I learned how to use E-Logs by Quail-Com.
6 Months team
Pre-trip and post-trip inspections. (DOT regulated inspections).
Drop and hook.
Used paper logs.
I was put on a truck with a trainer for a minimum of 35 days for to learn and master their requirements, before being put in a truck with someone who has either just got off a truck with a trainer or someone who has some experience. You learn how to do paper logs. I ran paper logs for two years. Then I was required to learn how to run E-Logs by Qualcomm. I learned how to do a drop and hook (to drop a loaded or empty semi-trailer. You had to pre-trip and post trip inspections. The pre-trip was a visual inspection to make sure you did not over look anything on the post trip. Post trip is done at the end of each day a minimum of, both inspections logged at 15 min required by DOT. I ran six month with a team partner which was required by the company. The requirements to you had to learn how to read your BOLs or bills (bill of laden or shipping papers). You had to know if the load has hazardous material or no hazardous material. Solo OTR for the forty-eight (48) states.
Made good miles to make a great paycheck
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN28 August 2017
Mostly a team company back then. They offer great pay and bennifits. I never sat, I was always under a load. We had a great dispatch team that kept us running!
advance payroll dept
Customer Service Specialist (CSS) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN28 August 2017
great hours great benefits loading money to com data cards easy but stressful, management was good friendly fast pace diversified cultures . gladd to help people
Pros
all
Cons
in chattanooga
okay company to start
CDL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV28 August 2017
I was a team driver which i did not enjoy was away from home for up to 3 months at a time and we sat alot waiting for new loads . Driver with a partner was extremely hard
Pros
it was a job
Cons
partner driving and sitting a lot
rewarding
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX26 August 2017
the day started with a 15 minutes pre-inspection and log book recording. as a team member driving consisted of 5 hours sleep and 5 hours driving. before each driver got on they would do a 15 minute check of the equipment.
Pros
different cities and mini-vacations while waiting on loads
Very stressful
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN25 August 2017
Would of been a very good place to work if it wasn't for bad mangement..i loved my job just not the manager very stressful. It took me about 5 years to drive by without having something bad to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Transport. Our community is ready to answer.