Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company does understand the drivers side
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), TennesseeApril 6, 2016
Pros: Caring Company
Cons: Never let them send you on grehound
Loved to work for this company. They trained me, they gave me a truck and where up to date with technology making it easy for me to deliver payloads safely and accurately even if I had never been to the area.
Bad for drivers
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 2, 2016
Pros: YOU HAVE A JOB
Cons: rEALLY BAD FOR TRUCK DRIVERS
Bad company bad dispatchers no pay raises in years this company has had a bad reputation for years. Its the management! Stay away from this company
Corporate America at its Finest!!
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Cant think of any
Cons: The whole company is a con artist
This company is good only if you have your Hazmat if you do not they treat you like you do not exist and bring it up every day "you should get your Hazmat".

I resigned because every load we got was cancelled.

Make sure you do not live paycheck to paycheck. When you resign they hold your last paycheck for up to 21 days. I resigned two weeks ago and I still have not received mine. Horrible company. I have never heard of such a thing. I usually recommend past trucking companies to other people especially as I am also a carer coach, but this company will go as one of the worst trucking companies to work for.

This company also has a horrible safety record, because of that you have to go into 98% of open scale houses. You also get stopped at all roadside inspections.
The many cons and few pros for working at Covenant Transport
Fleet Manager in Operations (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2016
Pros

The people that you work with will get you through each day- as far as other fleet managers, CSR's, planners - their funny and awesome personalities will help lighten the stress many of my days. The pay was decent with good benefits.

Cons
- TRAINING: You do not get training. Their way of training is sitting you with people, that aren't certified to train at Covenant. There is no training program, so good luck!

-CULTURE: The company prides themselves on being a Christian company. They may need to rework their values, because "Christianity" is not in day to day culture - well, except at the Christmas Company Lunch of course. They do not give a rip about their employees. If you aren't a favorite, you are treated and looked to like dirt.They overwork their employees. They will write you up for things you've never been trained on or never been talked to about to know it's an issue.

-INHOUSE TURNOVER: In my little over a year there, and this is not an exaggeration - in fact i'm probably not even counting all of them - I watched more than 12 humans either get fired or walk out. I watched 4 Leads be Demoted. I watched new people come in for training at LEAST 2 times a month. Then the company will turn around and preach to you about how we need to fix driver turnover. CLEARLY, while driver turnover is an issue, your IN HOUSE turnover is also an issue that needs some serious focus on.

-MICROMANAGEMENT: "Glorified Secretary." That's what you are if you work in Operations. They don't let you manage. If you do manage, they put down the way you are doing so. They – more... micro-manage you and every decision you make. There's no upward movement. – less
ok co
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 30, 2016
working in fort benning ga loading materials on the rail head and transporting them to the yard i enjoyed working for this co I will work for them again
Learning Place
customer service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2016
I started after high school and learned a lot of trucking. Meet a lot of new people. They have a lot of meeting so it is hard for management to help you make a lot of choices on your own. Lots of hard work and long hours.
Recruiting Clerk
Assisting recruiters (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 5, 2016
Typically day includes meeting drivers and verifying employment and driving history. Very fast paced and goal driven company. The hardest part of the job was having too many drivers in one weeks time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The owner and family are very nice people and allow the employees to have a spiritual meeting every Wednesday at lunch. Great environment to work for.
need i really say
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 25, 2015
its an over the road company their all the same when I was there the pay wasn't all of that but I had a great learning experience
Very religious and fired me after first major accident
Professional OTR Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 20, 2015
I was not cited by police and no damage to other vehicles or injuries. This accident happened on October 21-22, 2015 in Dallas when there were 500 accidents on the city's poorly drained roads, but I was fired anyway.
Demanding occupation
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Got to see America
Cons: Away from home for long periods of time
Main objective was to deliver the freight in a safe and timely manner, in order to carry out this task, America requires the truck drivers to undergo intensive training and once employed actively in the position to adhere to the stringent (DOT) safety rules which entails driving to the trucks log which prohibits the driver from driving too many hours and thus getting ample sleep and rest.
There was not much interaction with peers and management because I was employed as a solo driver which meant working independently most of the time. The hardest part of the job was probably the time frame that a driver was out on the road which was 3 to weeks at a time. If you married with kids, this was not an ideal situation but when that time came to head back home state, unhook the trailer and drive the truck back to the wife, it made it all worthwhile.
Good Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2015
I liked this company. They worked you and made sure you had the miles to make the money you wanted. Overall this is a great company.
DRIVER OTR
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 17, 2015
They expect you to stay awake too long . do not give enough home time off. could not ask for days off. was hussle is game and if you dont your look bad. all about money
productive fun work place wit ping pong table in break room
Team Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Free transportation around the city
Cons: Healthcare
Gained a lot of experience during training and over the road training.
Fun work place with supportive from the leaders in the company other over the road drivers.
The office is never over crowded with people there available to meet with you when ever.
This company also has its own hotel for employees
OTR Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2015
At first I liked the job. Getting to drive throughout the united states was a beautiful experience. As the time went on it was harder to stay away form home so I decided to find a local job.
Great Place to work
O.T.R/Team Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2015
I am still employed with this company and I love working for them I just want to explore my options and see what's out here in the work force being on the road is great but you tend to miss home and your family.
okay starter company
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: Decent pay permile
Cons: no home time
Decent company to start with for over the road work. They can definetely work on better training for their employees on their automative systems in the trucks. The gps systems arent the greatest and dispatch isnt always the most helpful but thats any over the road company.
Truck Driver
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Being own boss
Cons: Being out on road for 6-8 weeks
Long haul over the road truck driver of 18 wheeler. Drove trucks to designated drops. Made sure they were safe and on time.
Nice place to work with good hometime policy
Professional Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: Great pay rate
Cons: Extended time away from home
Great place to work if you are looking to spend some time on the road, and if you don't mind having a team mate. One of the best pay rates for dry van/
Fun place
Truck Driver (OTR)/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Nice staff
Cons: Dirty company hotel
It's a good company to work for. Their hotel is hideous however overall their care about their employees I worked here for a year an d enjoyed the nice staff. It's a teaming company so that takes a bit to get use to its not for everyone.
nice place
truck driver (Former Employee), chattanooga tn.July 25, 2015
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
I would have stayed with cove but I did not get good pay couldn't pay my bills some codrivers had bad aditudes.they say get training in and find good company.had good recruiter got me to come back after resign now im drawing 0 pay for two weeks.