Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2014
Cons: pay and benefits, they don't care about your family needs
Bad company the lie and do not treat there people good they have no care for your family. Lowest pay. Dirty old equipment.
productive and over all a good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: to long away from home.
a typical day at work. I learned people skills and got driving experience.
Good starter company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 3, 2014
Good starter company flexible schedule and home time.Year round freight to keep you running.
Productive and Fun over the road experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day for me is pickup and deliver cargo on time to there destinations. After every load I complete a log book for DOT purposes. When I worked for Covenant Transport Inc. I was a certified driver student trainer and discretionary driver meaning I had the ability to make decision without calling the company . I had the opportunity to train diverse – more... personnel's to new levels of success . I learned that every load must be delivered on time an not a minute late. Management was very helpful when needed. The hardest part about the job was being in the bad weathers; like snowy weather, rainy weather, and high windy areas. You must stay focus and alert at all times. The enjoyable part was being a trainer and helping someone reach their goal. – less
Excellent Company
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 16, 2014
They offered nice pay and miles. But home time became an issue.
fun place to work
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Shreveport, La.December 12, 2013
This was a nice company and the co-workers were great I only left due personal reasons that my father became chronically ill.
Productive, no social life and unhealthy
Over the road driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 4, 2013
Not a great place to work if you want any kind of social or healthy life. You walk on egg shells and are always at a constant high level of stress. Best parts about the job is talking to customers, helping drivers, and only those few people not trying to brown nose.
leaning process was very good
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 6, 2013
Pros: positive future
Cons: low pay
trainer was patient with me, co workers were helpful, and i enjoyed
learning a new career
productive place to work
Personnel Clerk/ Recruiter (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 4, 2013
conduct orientations weekly, reseaching applicants great co workers and bosses friendly enviroment
Productive Truck Driver
Fleet Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2013
A typical day at work was doing inspections on the truck, preparing for my trips, driving in and out of city limits and states.
Covenant Transport
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 19, 2013
Pros: driver managers are bribable
Cons: i don't spend my hard earned cash on driver managers...
Typical day of work? Expect to get smart aleck responses when you are inexperienced and have to ask a question.
What I learned: this company preached safety but then pushed us to drive before our resets were complete and they continued to do this with everyone until there were fatalities and accidents as a result of exhaustion, they continuously screwed – more... up our pay and when we asked payroll to check themselves got yelled at, were promised home time and then had to fight tooth and nail to get home (for example, I missed my brother's funeral - never even got to say goodbye while he was in the hospital a week prior to his death)
What I learned: Best advice I could give a newcomer is to watch your money, remember that you are the one that will pay DOT if you are running illegal, so make sure that you are doing what DOT wants you to do and the company will just have to pout if they don't like it.
Trucking is as hard as you make it, better companies are out there that will take on a student driver without making you go through hell - EPES for one...
Management: in this company... leave them alone, they don't care, no such thing as an open door policy no matter what they say.
My co-workers: I miss them...
The hardest part of the job: Every day that you care about this company and put it above your family.
The most enjoyable part of the job: the day I quit. – less
Driving over the road 48 state in the u s a
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 28, 2013
Its one of my biggest exp for me but i like it it a good company they was a respectful team
Truck Driver
driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: lot lizzads
Cons: miss your famly
drive all 48 states including Canada. to hook up and load and some times unload your truck at each stop you have to do
good training company
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: good miles, good dispatchers, nice equipment
Cons: getting repairs on the road, not a great work/life balance
A good place to start a driving career,
miles good, low pay to start but gets better,
MOST dispatchers good, A hassle to get repairs on the truck while over the road
great company to work for an great pay
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 23, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: good benifits
I would recommend people to this company also great travel 48 states an miles are great too you would love the travel around the world with this company
Productive fun place to work if you are single
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 22, 2013
Transport frights and goods from state. I learned how to safely maneuver a tractor trailer in adverse condition snow,rain,ice.sleet etc. Management was good most the time. My co-worker team partner was very knowledgeable he taught me a lot about the history of the different states. The hardest part of the job was trying to get home time.The most enjoyable – more... part of the job were getting to know the many different state and cities and to see how big and beautiful this country really it that was fun. – less
good for students
OTR student team driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good trainers
Cons: bad pay.
they rip you off. this is the first company I started with. mandatory teams. they pay 30cpm split between two drivers. miles suck, layover and detention happens a lot with no compensation.
Great company awesome Fleet Managers
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 3, 2013
Pros: good pay... great miles!
Cons: otr... away from my family too long.
Love working for this company...only con is being away from my family too long. Need local work so I can be home more often. Dont want my kids to grow up without father figure around.
The only thing that stays constant at Covenant is change
Regional Sales Manager Southeastern US (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 12, 2013
The company is good to work for except that things seem to always change and that is not always a good thing. I was able to work within these guidelines but they are downsizing the sales team now.
ALWAYS COAST TO COAST
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 9, 2013
WE WERE A TEAM THEY ALWAYS WANTED THE WHEELSARD
ROLLING.PUSHED FOR ON TIME DELVER. BUT IF YOU WOULD
BE WILLING TO DROP A LOAD,AND TAKE ANOTHER THAT WAS BEHIND THE WOULD REWARD YOU GOOD

1 2 3 4

About Covenant Transport

Young people rely on Covenant House to keep its promises. The not-for-profit group offers outreach and crisis centers for homeless – Read more