Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice place
truck driver (Former Employee), chattanooga tn.July 25, 2015
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
I would have stayed with cove but I did not get good pay couldn't pay my bills some codrivers had bad aditudes.they say get training in and find good company.had good recruiter got me to come back after resign now im drawing 0 pay for two weeks.
An evolving company
Ceva Dedicated Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Understanding, and works with drivers.
Cons: Not so great on compensation
This company has evolved in being better to server their company drivers. Mind you it is a slow progress but a progress none the less. They are looking out for the drivers in what they think is best. Some – more... drivers might not agree with their way of thinking. But then again what company has been 100% in sync with employee. I hit an all time low in physical, emotional, and mental health. They fired but were very supportive and even set up some kind of account to help me through this trouble. So I left on good terms with them. – less
Great place to work with knowledgeable people working with you.
Tractor/tailer Mechanic (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2015
Was a great company to work for. Pay was good, training was good, and overall atmosphere was good. Great management team will to help out in any capacity they could.
Wonderful benefits
Mechanic (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: worked holidays
I had more opportunities to learn different and more challenging skills that my job required. My co-workers were excellent and helped me learn more about different areas in my job. The hardest part of my job was having to work on weekends and holidays.
Great teaming experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
Loved it and learned a lot. No major complaints. Pay was really good teaming and I was able to avoid lots of problems with a partner.
Very large company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 16, 2015
Pros: Always had a terminal and a hotel at their HQ.
Cons: Being away from home.
It was tough being on the road for a month at a time and working for such a big company it was hard to have a voice with so many bosses.
contradictions
OTR Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, OKMay 10, 2015
Pros: they seem to be making improvement to compensate the driver more.
Cons: everything as of now
this place is full of contradictions. dispatchers/managers often can't keep the truck moving. just this week I sat four days out of the week. no matter how much you get paid you can not make money that – more... way. if you mess up on anything they threaten to write you up and I have never in any of my jobs been written up or even threatened with that. While the managers can completely screw you in every way imaginable and nothing happens to them, not to mention their poor attitudes in dealing with the drivers. when I approached the managers boss he told me he didn't want to hear it cause he is tired of complaints against them, he wanted ways to fix it. understandable, but last time I check that was in his job description not mine. everything slides down hill to the drivers here. they will try and pass everything off on the drive if they can. it is sad cause I was extremely excited to start working here, but within a few weeks I was already noticing problems. they are not as they try to appear. – less
Covenant Transport
Customer Service/Dispatch/Load planning/Brokerage (Former Employee), Chattanooga TnApril 30, 2015
Was glad to have the opportunity given by Covenant Transport to learn and grow. Learned that hard work and patience are important in every aspect of work.
ok place
Company Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 29, 2015
turn over rate was not good changed out every year with employees not a good rating was not for me one dispatcher was ok the rest were not
terrible staff!!!
Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 14, 2015
they don't care abt their drivers all they want is money in they pockets. the don't get u home till three days later they jst dont seem to care abt us the drivers!!!
lot of miles and loads
otr driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 8, 2015
Pros: long hauls competitive pay, great structure
Cons: disorganization from day shift to night shift. lack of communication
covenant transport is a great starter company if you have no experience at over the road driving but once you realize there are better company's out there, you will want to change companies
The money wasn't worth the time I spent away from home.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), chattanooga, tnApril 5, 2015
Pros: got paid to travel and see the country.
Cons: travel was all i did. it's exhausting.
It was usually a 14 hour work day: get up, pretrip, drive a few hours, break for lunch, drive more, pick up/deliver cargo, fillout/file paperwork, sleep. repeat.

I learned how to stay cool under pressure – more... and not let things like blizzards and fog and ice and TERRIBLE drivers scare into making a mistake. this is the kind of job where you make one mistake and best case scenario you get $400 ticket, worst case, someone dies. You need to be calm and cool and collected and more observant than you've ever been.

My fleet managers were friendly enough, we got along pretty well and they gave me some good runs sometimes, but not most times. they claim that you should be making about 30000$ your first year, I only made 22000. unacceptable. They did tell me I was one of their best drivers though and asked me to be a trainer for new drivers before I left the company.

I drove with 6 different co-drivers. some were just a terrible fit and we both recognized it, others fit pretty well but we still didn't last long. when you live with one person in a tiny box 24/7, you have put up effort to try and get along and sometimes that's hard to do.

the hardest part is being away from home for 90% of the year and having next to nothing to show for it.

the best part is that you sometime go through these tiny towns no ones heard of but they have the best food in the whole world and you're just like how have i not been eating this my whole life?!?!?! – less
Depends on the "Fleet Advocate"
Long haul CDL team driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2015
There are many terriic people working at headquarters but the ones who really control your life are the "fleet advocates". (Fleet managers essentially). If you ahve a good one wall is well but if you have a difficult one you will be miserable.
Student Based Company
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee), TNMarch 26, 2015
Pros: First year pay (team only), Always had been home on time, Some "ok" dispatchers (if you're lucky).
Cons: Force dispatch, under staffed, disrespectful management, under valued, easily replaceable, pushed to become a trainer, trainers can't sleep much, you can't pick your loads obviously
Is this company good to get a quick year or two in for experience? Yes. Is this company one you want to retire from? By no means. Covenant Transport started off pretty good with me going through their – more... military program and all. This made pay a lot better. I was making 0.44 cent per mile for half miles as a team driver for my first year. You figure up your pay per mile with hazmat retention, team hazmat pay, mileage pay, and per diem mileage pay. This all added up to what I just put up there. I made an average of $1000 a week. Sometimes more and sometimes less. Got a penny raise per mile after one year of no accidents. Pretty sad raise. My Co driver and I drove as many miles as possible in a week. At times going over 6000 miles a week. Management has changed this year in 2015. A new fleet manager decided to start talking to us with complete disrespect and like we were children. Attitude every day is what we would get. We ended up standing up for ourselves and refused a load for the way we were treated and talked to. We ended up being terminated in Texas and had to find our way to Florida from there. Being terminated by them was the best thing to happen to my Co driver and I. We now are doing business with companies that actually respect drivers and don't treat you like dog feces. If you can avoid this company, I recommend it, unless you can't get employed elsewhere. They say they are Christian and family oriented. It's a play of words. My whole family is Christian, these people are far from it. You deserve better than this. This pay is decent as a team driver for your first year or two. Just remember, you're nothing but a number that they have no problem replacing the next day. Once you're in, you're a number. – less
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2015
Loved working here despite the long hours. Great Pay. Limitless opportunities for advancement. I didn't like having to work with others but other than that I have nothing bad to really say.
If you can't say anything nice...
OTR Driver Tractor Trailer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: everything
Poor Company to work for. Liars Payroll rips you off weekly. Had to fight for owed pay weekly. Not a Christian company as portrayed.
A great place to work.
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 2, 2015
delivering general freight to customers and using the computer and map reading and seeing all forty-eight states.They have excellent equipment and great co-workers.
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: they take care of their drivers
Cons: not enough home time
would drive for them again but have lost my passion for driving across county looking for a new career
good for newbies
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: patient teachers
Cons: they have no idea what can be done
for new drivers it's a good place to start as they consistently walk you through every step of handling yourself out on the road. limited expectations of speed and work ethic. that's why they require teams, they expect 4-6k miles out of a team and even governed I enjoy running 4-5k/week
Fleet Manager and Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
• Tracking and tracing tractors through out the evening,
• Maintain positive and productive communication with drivers in order to deliver on time, prevent service failures and reduce turnover.
• Get ETAs – more... and conformations on load assignments through out the evening,
• Develop an effective working relationship with assigned drivers and understand the needs and performance of each driver; responsible to communicate and establish expectations for performance, conduct, and safety, while providing ongoing feedback to the driver.
• Manage and solicit business from specific or assigned number of customers by using available capacity.
• Negotiate frate rates with customers which do not have contract rates.
• Commit to and receive details customer load information via all ways of communication while keeping customer informed any changing information and update status of loads.
• Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all load issues to meet or exceed total satisfaction of customers. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Covenant Transport

Young people rely on Covenant House to keep its promises. The not-for-profit group offers outreach and crisis centers for homeless – Read more

Covenant Transport Photos