Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

Poor Working Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN18 August 2017
Poor management, terrible attitude towards employees regarding their contributions to the company. Lots of empty promises and unrealistic expectations of both in house and drivers. Upper management rides the backs of their employees and reap the rewards while their employees work hard to maintain relationships with customers and drivers to ensure their business grows. No perks working for this company. They are great at sucking the life out of their employees and spitting them out when they feel the employee no longer benefits them.
Ok for some...
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN14 August 2017
This is a team orientated company and for me that's very stressful. I don't think they paid the drivers well nor was there to much freight for the new comer . A lot of the DM'S favored there drivers and they got the best loads while some who have't been there that long got scraps.
Pros
You can get a job there/
Cons
Not alot of freight there
Productive environment with enough time to rest for the following work.
Company driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN13 August 2017
working at covant transport is like working with your family members because there all work as a family. Management is great , the safety team works wonderful. The hardest part at the job is your self to understand what you went to do and do it right and on time.
It is a zero tolerance on employees don't follow rules and regulations for the company , to those who are lazy to work or for disrespectful and irresponsible people. The most enjoyable part is where you know you are working with people who cares about you and treats you as human being with respect you deserve.
Not bad but Required teaming is a bit much
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN11 August 2017
Required teaming is the only problem I had with Covenant. Hometime was 4-1 on time versus late. Pay for Hazmat and tanker is real good. Had a navigation system in their Qualcomm units as well.
Experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN8 August 2017
This was also my first truck company that I left than when back to than left again. They gave me good miles and I made good money when I was with teams.
Good Company, stressful work environment.
Fleet/ Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN7 August 2017
Avoid fleets if you can. The drivers that are hired in are usually not professional by any means. There is a lot of interdepartmental friction that causes what feels like a hostile work environment at times. The work can be highly rewarding at times as well.
Pros
benefits, nice break rooms, vacation.`
Cons
Very stressful
A Great Place To Work
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN6 August 2017
Covenant Transport is one of the few companies that I truly wish that I still worked for. They Truly CARE FOR there drivers and they know that there drivers are the reason that there bisiness is so successfull. I think that the Owner of Covenant Transport really understands what it is like to be an over the road truck driver because he use to be one. That is why he runs his companie like he truely cares for his dirvers.

The Employees at Covenant Transport are the reason that Covenant Transprot is so sucessfull and the Owner really know this and understands this as well. that is why, that the company has servived so long in this bisiness.

I loved working for Covenant Transport and would work for them again in a hart beat.
Pros
Everything. The Pay, The Insurance, the Work.ETC>
good place to work
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tennessee1 August 2017
good place to work,good equpment and good pay.,you can get all the esperience you need.they are a big company so they have a few terminal around all us.
Pros
good company overal
Cons
team driving is not for everybody
Covenant is a Great place to start a truck driving career especially to get your OTR experience.
Commercial driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
I really enjoyed the ups and downs at Covenant Transport seeing the determination of new drivers developing into Professional drivers learning the ropes by OTR hands on Experience.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
Overall good company they will keep u out for a minimum of three weeks at a time and the way to make money with this company is to have your hazmat endorsement
Driver
Driver to all (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN27 July 2017
I was over the road driver to all 48 states. It consist of delivering commodities from shipper and receiver. On the contrary I was very valuable to many Americans get their daily resources.
Stressful, micro managed
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Cuba, NY27 July 2017
Team oriented company, not good for solo drivers, load planners are terrible, dedicated lanes are good but stressful, covenant charges for excess idle time but will not install apu,
Pros
Dedicated lames
Cons
Micro management
Great Christian based Trucking Company
Professional OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN18 July 2017
* Family Oriented and Friendly Environment
* Awesome Training Program
* Award winning Safety Program with a very knowledgeable staff
* Amazing Driving Experience to all 48 Continental United States
* Reliable and Timely Over the Road Freight Transportation of all kinds; Refrigeration, Freight and Secured Loads
* Amazing and Friendly Management team
* Motivated and Dependable Professional Drivers
* Amazing and Professional Customer Service
* Multiple Terminals: Chattanooga, TN; Orlando, FL; Pomona, CA; Hutchens, TX; and Allentown, PA
over the road trucking, many personalities and levels of experts around
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN17 July 2017
I thought this was a life style I could adapt to, but after training and three months on the road, it was not a job I could do and maintain a good home life. Not enough straight home time.
Pros
all engaging training
Cons
not enough insight to people you work with before being put on road with
You'll get plenty miles and headaches
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN16 July 2017
this may be a good company once you complete training and get your own truck, but what I experience with my trainer was a nightmare the guy was all bad and i reported it to the company and they just begged me to stay on the truck and complete the training.
Pros
You get to see a lot of places
Cons
training wasn't the best time
Ok
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  California16 July 2017
This company started off well kept their word about getting me home every weekend. But after three weeks they begin to make excuses and I was starting to like I was over the road again.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Didn't keep their word
Appsoluitly a GREAT Plade to work for
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN15 July 2017
This companie really cares for its drivers. It goes all out just to take care of ther drivers needs. I have personally seen Covenant Transport go above and beyond the call of duty. it is the one job that I have had that I can truly say that I miss the most. and that I wish that I were workeing for right now!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Literly EVERYTHING about COVENANT TRANSPORT IS GREAT!!!
Cons
None.
work
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN12 July 2017
job does not provide any benefits. have to work night shift. hours are long pay is ok. Th job isok but i could no longer work there because of health issue.
fun and hectic
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN9 July 2017
Working at covenant was my first job outta college so it was my first real experience. It is very stressful job and you got to stay on top of your area of operation. The money was fair so that was good.
good work environment
Over the Road Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 374224 July 2017
This company gives you the opportunity to reach out to the rest of the united states in ways and areas that most people would not be able to visit or see on a regular basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval