Covenant HealthCare Employee Reviews

Great Company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 19, 2015
I have up to 5 patients on any given shift. I have learned alot through hands on experience on how to work with patients with different ailments and cultures. Plenty of free continuing education available. Very homey feel to it as the sites are smaller.
Pros
lots of education opportunities and nice people
Cons
politics
Experienced Change Management Professional
Change Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  edmonton, albertaSeptember 2, 2015
Change management, organizational development, relationship management and marketing professional with fourteen years of experience that includes building and leading teams, multi-level stakeholder engagement and strategic planning. Well-developed client relationship management, facilitation, communication, planning, training and implementation skills.

Excel at facilitation and influencing and finding common ground. Multi-lingual capable of effectively liaising across functional teams and stakeholder groups, and working in multi-cultural environments. Have implemented CRM systems, communication plans, led teams and initiatives which included engagement of stakeholders at all levels of an organization
Great work environment but....
Payroll Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2015
Great work environment, management lacking, not in touch with employees and their needs. Great team mates and staff, they work hard to make work fun.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Need leaders that are in touch
great place if you happen to work with people who are smart/dedicated to their job
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 6, 2015
shift changes isnt great, i dont think it contributes to the well being of the worker..
management is great when your supervisor/manager actually listens, but if they dont, oh well..
co-workers who understand the value of team work, efficiency, and initiative are great to work with..

hardest part of the job is working with irresponsible people who likes to hide or wont do what theyre supposed to do..
unprofessional conduct of some workers is just beyond words..

greatest part about it is learning about patients uniqueness, continuing education, lots of food/chocolates during Christmas (why not?)..
Pros
continuing education, competitive salary, great benefits
Cons
good luck if you team up with an irresponsible co-worker
no comment
Food Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 1, 2014
happy with my co-worker and in workplace, the supervisors are good to us as a worker.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Loved covenant
clerk ll (Former Employee) –  ABAugust 7, 2014
great people, great position I had, if I get the opportunity I would go back
Pros
learning new things
Cons
no cons really
Its been a good place to work
Secretary 2 - Physician Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2013
I come to work, work at my own pace unless an urgent case comes through the door. Co workers have knowledge they share and help you do your job.
Pros
union
Cons
you don't get to chose who you work with.
Discrimination of Human Rights
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 29, 2012
I was denied a position because I was on sick leave for mental illness and the manager refused accomadation. I am filing a human rights complaint against this organization. They have bullied and harassed me since I claimed discrimination and recently fired me without just cause and gave me a two page termination letter indicating made up charges and statements of incompetence, howeveer I worked for the organization for over twelve months without a previous complaint.
Pros
recently unionized
Cons
poor local management