Covance

Covance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Employment at Covance
Study Technician II (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 24, 2014
Pros: veterinary staff, aalas test
Cons: management, hours, training
If I could give this company negative stars, I would. Covance was the absolute worst company I have ever had the misfortune of working for.

Pros

-The veterinarian staff was wonderful and really cared about the animals.
-The company paid for AALAS certificate tests, although it took forever to get reimbursed for them and for the raises to be reflected – more... on my checks.

Cons

-The insurance coverage was mediocre. Every doctor visit there was a $20 co-pay charge. I had to pay out of pocket for the majority of procedures and doctor’s visits.
-The shoes they require you to wear are extremely uncomfortable which lead to foot problems, that I still currently am affected by.
-The management team is awful. They only care about themselves and are very unhelpful, unreliable, and are expected to lead the employees under them but have no idea how to do their job. Talking to them is like talking to a wall. Concerns go in one ear and out the other and nothing ever changes.
-Covance pays for relocation expenses, but unless you stay longer than 24 months (which most employees don’t make it past 6 months) you are expected to pay the amount given to you back to the company. There are lots of charges that Covance supposedly takes care of when you move that you don’t see or know about until you are expected to pay the expenses back. I was given a total of $500 to pay for all of my moving expenses. However, once I left the company a debt collector contacted me (instead of someone from Covance calling or sending me a letter first) asking for almost $1000 for relocation expenses because I left after 16.5 months of employment.
-They expect you to work ridiculous hours and numerous days in a row. A majority of the other employees are extremely selfish and will not switch days or hours with you unless you bribe them with money or food. I can recall working anywhere from 12 to 19 days in a row with 12 hour days. You may think that sounds great, with lots of opportunity for overtime and you will be making lots of money. You would be wrong. A majority of your check is taken out in taxes and even after you get your tax return the following year, you do not get much money back.
-I would often work longer then the amount of time I was scheduled to get a task done correctly and end up working through most of, if not all of my lunch. Eventually, I got in trouble for not taking my lunch because I was going above and beyond to do a great job. In other words, your efforts and dedication to certain aspects of the company go unappreciated, unnoticed, and even get you in trouble.

The animal operations department needs a complete makeover. Try hiring employees that have prior animal care experience, and have an interest in animals. There were probably five of us, out of hundreds of employees, that actually cared about the animal’s well being. If you can’t find enough applicants with animal experience, then at least invest in properly training your employees so that they know how to tell if an animal is sick, injured, or suffering. I know you train the new hires on how to administer the TM, but that isn’t enough. I was so stressed out, unhappy, and depressed each and every day I had to work. Eventually I had enough and forced myself to leave the company and it was the best decision I have ever made. – less
Love the people, no work life balance
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 19, 2014
Need more staff, for the amount of work that is coming in. No work life balance AT ALL.
Excellent
Service Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 12, 2014
Great place to work. Great people and doing meaningful work.
work together
Animal Technician (Former Employee), Alice, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: work hours 7:30am-4pm and worked once every weekend.
Cons: scheduling was really stress and disorganized.
7:30 - 4pm hours work per week(with overtime), worked once a week depending on how many people work in your area. Funnest part of the day was playing some basketball on lunch time (30min) then back to work. I learned a lot of new things. Management had its moment when they were awesome and when they were not awesome, but everything had a reason. The – more... only part of management that I dislike was when they started to care more about the work then the workers. my co-workers were awesome everyone helping each other. The hardest part was dealing with disorganize schedule for my department (not all areas are the same). – less
Thans for previous review.
Customer service (Former Employee), sdNovember 7, 2014
Pros: schedules
Cons: favortism.
AFTER reading YOUR REVIEWS, IT MADE SENSE WHAT I WAS SENSING ABOUT THIS COMPANY. I AM GLAD I HAD OTHER JOBS LINED UP. SO, LIKE ONE OF THE COMMENTS SAID, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, ENERGY, AND GAS, UNLESS YOU LIKE TO "SUCK UP"
Great workplace with fun people
Temp Investigator Support Associate (Former Employee), JurongOctober 29, 2014
Working at Covance is the most enjoyable job ever. Even things pile up somethings, you still enjoy the work as people are helpful. They will help even though they are not responsible for it. Also, I simply like the culture of Covance as they appreciate workers who work hard and they are very concern about team work.
It was great.
Reimbursement Counselor (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDOctober 29, 2014
I love my job and helping others. The people I worked with were great. IT was a little stressful
Randstad Temp Agency
ITC Program Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, IndianaOctober 23, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria
Cons: not being able to talk to managers or supervisors.
I love the job! There is a lot of training for this position because they use the Seibel computer program for data entry. The biggest problem is that we didn't have instructions from our supervisor. I was trained and coached by employees from the San Diego Campus. The program I was on was new so my team members and supervisors were all learning the – more... same material at the same time. – less
productive and satisfactory
Program Specialist (Former Employee), gaithersburgSeptember 27, 2014
provide a lot of satisfaction, productivity, pleasant, and enjoyment.
don't do it
management (Former Employee), VirginiaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: culture of discrimination, physical abuse, and favoritism
Poor training, often played the blame game, fired hard working employees, allowed 2 specific employees to use physical force against other employees. Management set by and allowed them to mistreat other people because they "were the only people that knew how to do their job". Allowed certain employees to steal product and sell it, forged federal paperwork – more... and inventory documentation to meet sales quota. – less
Great Team Atmosphere
Insurance Specialist for Biogen (Current Employee), La Jolla, CASeptember 21, 2014
I was accountable for verifying health and drug prescription coverage for patients to obtain benefits. I gained invaluable experience and knowledge working in other departments, dealing with Financial Assistance, Appeals, & Benefit Investigation.

My Management team & supervisors were great in providing us with the information we needed on day day basis. – more... By preparing us and always challenging us to exceed customers expectations. The hard part of my day was knowing deep within that some people i knew i would not be able to help get financial assistance.

My colleagues were always great at helping out the team in all ares whenever needed. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was Knowledge! Excelling and being ready to step up for the challenge when i was called upon. – less
Fair
Senior Clinical Research Associate /Team Leader (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: autonomous work environment
Cons: lack of direction
Worked there a long time ago so many things could have changed.
Horrible
program assistant (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: too far out, timing you for breaks and lunch, harassment
This is a modern day plantation run by africian american supervisors
do not even think about it. I dont care who you are, you will not be able to stay here
Corporate Financial Assistant
Senior Financial Assistant - Corporate Finance (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 14, 2014
Managed A/P for Corporate. Communicated with all Corporate Managers and Vp's. Managed Vendor Manintenance, Fixed Assets, Journal entries and month end closing.
Productive company with professional attitude
Data Co-ordinator II (Current Employee), Maidenhead, ENGSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: nice offices
Cons: not enough flexibility
There is plenty of work and hard working colleagues with room to learn.
very stressful enviornment
In-bound/Out-bound call center representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great work schedules
Cons: management, morale, and work environment are sub-par
the day starts as early as 6AM, which means it ends as early as 2:30PM, which allows you to run errands or take care of matters after work. However the daily work schedule is very daunting and stressful. As a third party vendor, it is not easy to extract information from insurance companies due to HIPAA. The management is not very neutral however likes – more... to play favorites and does give preference to employees they like but make it seem as if the opportunities are given due to the employees efforts which is not at all the case. Co-workers are close. – less
came in for a short term work
Desk side Support (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 14, 2014
When I came in people where leaving leaving left and right. didn't stay long for anything
not a comfortable place to work for.
Senior CRA III (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 8, 2014
not a comfortable place to work for
1) not very good supervisors.
2) treat employees ill
NA
Clinical Team Lead (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work use to be bit hectic but it was fun as everyday brought a new challenge.
Had good colleagues to work with.
Most enjoyable part was to meet lot of new people.
A Great Learning Environment
Programming Specialist (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJuly 1, 2014
I am learning a lot about Insurance, the process and new Drugs. Management is effective and competent

1 2 3 4 5

About Covance

Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services – Read more