Covance

Covance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Randstad Temp Agency
ITC Program Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, IndianaOctober 23, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria
Cons: not being able to talk to managers or supervisors.
I love the job! There is a lot of training for this position because they use the Seibel computer program for data entry. The biggest problem is that we didn't have instructions from our supervisor. I was trained and coached by employees from the San Diego Campus. The program I was on was new so my team members and supervisors were all learning the – more... same material at the same time. – less
productive and satisfactory
Program Specialist (Former Employee), gaithersburgSeptember 27, 2014
provide a lot of satisfaction, productivity, pleasant, and enjoyment.
don't do it
management (Former Employee), VirginiaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: culture of discrimination, physical abuse, and favoritism
Poor training, often played the blame game, fired hard working employees, allowed 2 specific employees to use physical force against other employees. Management set by and allowed them to mistreat other people because they "were the only people that knew how to do their job". Allowed certain employees to steal product and sell it, forged federal paperwork – more... and inventory documentation to meet sales quota. – less
Great Team Atmosphere
Insurance Specialist for Biogen (Current Employee), La Jolla, CASeptember 21, 2014
I was accountable for verifying health and drug prescription coverage for patients to obtain benefits. I gained invaluable experience and knowledge working in other departments, dealing with Financial Assistance, Appeals, & Benefit Investigation.

My Management team & supervisors were great in providing us with the information we needed on day day basis. – more... By preparing us and always challenging us to exceed customers expectations. The hard part of my day was knowing deep within that some people i knew i would not be able to help get financial assistance.

My colleagues were always great at helping out the team in all ares whenever needed. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was Knowledge! Excelling and being ready to step up for the challenge when i was called upon. – less
Fair
Senior Clinical Research Associate /Team Leader (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: autonomous work environment
Cons: lack of direction
Worked there a long time ago so many things could have changed.
Horrible
program assistant (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: too far out, timing you for breaks and lunch, harassment
This is a modern day plantation run by africian american supervisors
do not even think about it. I dont care who you are, you will not be able to stay here
Corporate Financial Assistant
Senior Financial Assistant - Corporate Finance (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 14, 2014
Managed A/P for Corporate. Communicated with all Corporate Managers and Vp's. Managed Vendor Manintenance, Fixed Assets, Journal entries and month end closing.
Productive company with professional attitude
Data Co-ordinator II (Current Employee), Maidenhead, ENGSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: nice offices
Cons: not enough flexibility
There is plenty of work and hard working colleagues with room to learn.
very stressful enviornment
In-bound/Out-bound call center representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great work schedules
Cons: management, morale, and work environment are sub-par
the day starts as early as 6AM, which means it ends as early as 2:30PM, which allows you to run errands or take care of matters after work. However the daily work schedule is very daunting and stressful. As a third party vendor, it is not easy to extract information from insurance companies due to HIPAA. The management is not very neutral however likes – more... to play favorites and does give preference to employees they like but make it seem as if the opportunities are given due to the employees efforts which is not at all the case. Co-workers are close. – less
came in for a short term work
Desk side Support (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 14, 2014
When I came in people where leaving leaving left and right. didn't stay long for anything
not a comfortable place to work for.
Senior CRA III (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 8, 2014
not a comfortable place to work for
1) not very good supervisors.
2) treat employees ill
NA
Clinical Team Lead (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work use to be bit hectic but it was fun as everyday brought a new challenge.
Had good colleagues to work with.
Most enjoyable part was to meet lot of new people.
A Great Learning Environment
Programming Specialist (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJuly 1, 2014
I am learning a lot about Insurance, the process and new Drugs. Management is effective and competent
Childish management. Unprofessional.
Sales (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 5, 2014
Pros: high expertise
Cons: management
This is the usual "businesspeople out of their depth" workplace. They depend on experts and professionals for the job while simultaneously resenting them and creating obstacles for everyone to do their jobs effectively.

*warning* this company follows the management style of Jack Welch and encourages often firings of the professional staff. Do not relocate – more... your family for this company.

Recent changes in salary makes Covance uncompetitive with other CROs. – less
In transition as a growing global presence in this industry
Project manager for global Clinical Pharma (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: change pace was invigorating
Cons: few options to work from home
Typical work day is intense and very scheduled. I learned to interact with IT and business leaders at upper company echelons. Management was very focused on short term goals. My co-workers were reactive to strong pressures to perform while continuous changes were occurring in the project and the IT organization. Most of the activity was routine but – more... communication across the organization and with vendors was the most challenging aspect. Learning the new business process as the project progressed was most informative and not typical of the industry. It showed how Covance was able to reach its goals effectively, However the impact on staff was not generally not beneficial. – less
Worst place to work
LVN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: corrupt management including hr
It is the worst job I have ever had!! Management is corrupt starting with the Clinical Director to the clin op supervisors. There is blatant discrimination and favoritism. HR is just as bad, pay increases are extremely low, for a good evaluation I was given a .08% increase.
You are over-worked and unappreciated, you cant have a life because your schedule – more... is constantly rotating and subject to change at any moment. I would not send my worst enemy there!!! – less
Great Benefits but poor managment
Building Supervisor/ Animal Technician (Former Employee), Alice, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits / yearly raises and bonuses /
Cons: poor training once a promotion is given. office polotics dominate the work force, if your not good friends with the management promotion is difficult to get.
Overall my experience working for Covance inc was a mixture of positive and negative. Management does well to put you into a position to not fall but not much training is provided when you are placed into a more demanding job position.
Unorganized, Rushed training
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMay 7, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: horrible training
Nice Building to work in everyday but I was immediately turned off by the unorganized, bad training. It's no way to prepare employees for the position. It's no surprise the turnover rate and them being behind. If You're not close friends with your supervisor or are not the type to suck up, your job is in jeopardy. It's not fair but I've seen it firsthand.
fun place to work without alot of overtime
Analyst (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 2, 2014
Pros: fun and less hours than ppd
Cons: management still has their problems
I would of gave them more stars but this software would only let me give them one.
Insurance-related Call Center
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMay 1, 2014
Low paying very demanding work. Not really interesting work. No room for intellectual/professional growth. Salary too low, intense, very repetitive work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covance

Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services – Read more