Requisition Number 13-10072
Post Date 9/27/2013
Title Restaurant Manager
Salary Range: Low $48,000.00
Salary Type: Yearly Salary
To achieve marketing, sales, profitability, and quality service goals for the restaurant by executing marketing strategies, providing quality service to the customers and employing leadership and managerial skills effectively.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Two years experience as a restaurant supervisor and experience as server, cashier, or direct sales.
3. Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment.
4. Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
5. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
6. Ability to provide legible communication.
7. Ability to do basic arithmetic.
1. Four year undergraduate degree in Management.
2. Any supervisory experience in Food and Beverage.
1. Ability to enforce hotels standards, policies and procedures with assigned staff.
2. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments delegate work.
3. Ability to direct performance of assigned staff and follow up with corrective where needed.
4. Ability to motivate assigned staff and maintain a cohesive team.
5. Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
6. Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
7. Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
9. Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
10. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned
-Develops short term and long-term financial and operational plans for the restaurant, which support the overall objectives of Concord Hospitality.
-Monitors the performance of the restaurant through verification and analysis of customer satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
-Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action.
-Implements and maintains sales/marketing programs.
-Establishes and maintains applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the restaurant.
-Implements and maintains effective two-way communication systems which reach all employees.
-Develops new programs, which result in an increased level of customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
-Manages in compliance with established company policies and procedures, along with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
-Performs other related duties as required.
-Suggests and implements revenue generating programs that provide maximum price value to the guest.
-Teach, implement, and reward employees in utilizing their empowerment to meet or exceed customer expectations.
-Ensures staff demonstrates technical skills conducts technical training on a regular basis.
-Updates staff on regular basis on menu highlights.
-Monitors presentation of food product and reviews areas of concern with the Sous Chefs and Line Cooks.
-Ensures that restaurant is clean and ready for customers at all times.
-Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels associates on both aspects.
-Ensures that staff is utilizing up selling techniques while providing customer service.
-Accommodates group bookings by adhering to proper banquet techniques.
-Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
-Conducts effective employee meetings and counseling sessions.
-Participates in weekly staff meetings.
-Interviews, hires, orientates, and trains qualified applicants.
-Keep immediate supervisors promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
-Make business decisions based on production reports, similar facts, own experience, and personal opinion.
-Ensure a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests.
-Maintain and enforce all SOP and service standards.
-Completely direct the operational efforts and strategies of all restaurant outlets.
-Provide for an effective discipline orientation for new supervisors using use records, menus, and appropriate reference manuals.
-Maintain fair and consistent counseling and/or disciplinary procedures in accordance with Concord Hospitalitys Handbook.
-Ensure forecast information is evaluated and utilized to make sound business decisions.
-Oversee development and execution of the marketing plan in each outlet.
-Continually develop innovative programs and incentives to maintain our competitive edge.
-Solicit feedback from guests and associates through personal contact and surveys.
-Ensure that all administrative functions are performed accurately and on a timely basis.
-Challenge supervisors to staff correctly based on forecasted business.
-Oversee engineering and implementation of menus to coincide with marketing plan.
-Ensure that all managers and supervisors are well versed in all legal aspects of their jobs.
-Develop local contacts in the community for public relations purposes.
-Maintains safe working conditions within department and hotel.
-Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
-Learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
-Evaluates staff performance on a ninety day, and annual basis.
-Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Concord Hospitality organization.
-Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.