*County of Grande Prairie
Heavy Equipment Operator – Public Works Department*
$23.95 - $28.59 per hour
The Public Works Department is looking for full-time, seasonal Heavy Equipment Operators who can also undertake general labour duties when needed. You must have experience operating a variety of heavy equipment including buggy, loader, packer, track hoe, back hoe, and CAT, as well as be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- acceptable driver’s abstract;
- physically capable of undertaking general labour duties;
- ability to undertake, maintenance and repairs, as required;
- ability to deal with members of the public in a professional manner;
- must be willing to undertaking training in order to meet operational requirements;
- ability to complete and paperwork and maintain records management practices pursuant to the County’s Records Management Policy;
- ability to maintain confidentiality pursuant to the County’s policy and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The successful applicant will be a team player with good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. You will be a self-starter who can work with a minimum of supervision and be able to contribute positively to the team environment.
Closing Date: April 5, 2013 (4:30 p.m.) or until a suitable candidate is found
Further Info: Brian Lawrence, Construction Foreman at 780-831-0689
Human Resources Coordinator
County of Grande Prairie No. 1
10001 – 84 Avenue
Clairmont, AB T0H 0W0
Fax: (780) 532-9709 (confidential)
E-Mail: hr @ countygp.ab.ca
*Applications received for this position may be used to fill other vacancies.*