Salary: $48,423 to $62,000 annually
Hours: 40 hours/week Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Closing Date: Friday, May 3, 2013 or until the position is filled
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Technical Projects Coordinator, the successful applicant will provide assistance in Automatic Vehicle Locator System (AVL), Rural Addressing, Asset Management, GIS, primarily through building GIS layers, responding to public inquiries and collecting data of assets. Primary job duties will include:
- Perform field work collecting GPS data and processing GPS data.
- Download data and create/update asset layer.
- Run queries and analyze data.
- Provide asset data information to Public Works staff and managers.
- Respond to public inquiries related to the technical projects area.
- Conduct formal and informal Rural Addressing training and other training related to technical projects to public works staff.
- Print maps using ARC Map.
- Cross-train with Public Works Administrative Assistants and provide back-up as needed
- Diploma in GIS or a related field.
- Experience using ARC Map
- Experience in advanced keyboarding, word processing and other computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheets, Internet, etc.
- Experience with GIS systems, data collection and GPS equipment usage
- Knowledge of County public works programs and procedures an asset.
- Ability to conduct field work in inclement weather, walking on uneven surfaces, walk extended distances
- Ability to operate County vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract
- Ability to use GPS equipment and a camera and to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
- Customer service skills, training skills, written and oral communication skills
- Map reading skills and experience; Knowledge of Rural Addressing, land locations and legal land descriptions
- Accurate data entry skills
For further information about the job, please visit our website www.countygp.ab.ca or contact Lynda Caron, at (780)532-9722 or lcaron @ countygp.ab.ca
Qualified applicants may apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Coordinator
County of Grande Prairie
10001 – 84th Avenue
Clairmont, AB T0H 0W0
(780) 532-9709 (confidential fax)
Email: hr @ countygp.ab.ca