TEMPORARY ASSESSOR III
Salary: $73,566 - $94,193 annually
Hours: 35 hours/week, Mon. – Fri.
Term: Immediately – November 2014 (approx.)
Position type: Non-management
Close date: August 2, 2013 @ 4:30 p.m. or until suitable candidates are found
The Assessment department is looking for a full time Assessor who will assist in inspecting and assessing residential, commercial and farm properties to determine market value.
Do you possess excellent oral and written communication skills; initiative; sound judgment; attention to detail; the ability to get along with all types of people; the ability to analyze data; and the ability to handle stress? If so, consider joining the County of Grande Prairie No. 1 where as an Assessor you will be given an opportunity make decisions and accept responsibility for them.
- Post secondary educational institution diploma or degree in assessment or a related field;
- Accreditation as a Municipal Assessor of Alberta (AMAA) designation or working towards the designation or; accreditation or enrolment in a site specific appraisal or mass appraisal program through the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AACI or CRA) designation; or through the International Association of Assessing Officers (CAE or RES designation) or equivalent.
- Must have mixed evaluation experience, with at least five years mass appraisal experience;
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Preference may be given to those applicants who have completed the UBC Real Property Assessment Certificate;
- Must be willing to travel, particularly in rural areas and occasionally work long and irregular hours to meet deadlines or attend meetings.
For a copy of the job description or additional information, please contact Barry Donovan at (780) 532-9722 (extension 1238) or visit www.countygp.ab.ca.
Please apply to:
Human Resources Coordinator
County of Grande Prairie No. 1
10001 – 84 Avenue
Clairmont, AB T0H 0W0
Fax: (780) 532-9709 (confidential)
E-Mail: hr @ countygp.ab.ca
Candidates who do not hold AMAA designation are invited to apply and may be considered at a lower classification and salary level