Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Country Inn & Suites
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Having the time to continue my entrepreneurial studies
Cons: No lunchbreaks, no breaks, no benefits, and no opportunity to advance within the business
First, I do not want to this review to reflect Country Inn & Suites by Carlson as a whole. I worked at only one of the Country Inn & Suites locations and have not had the opportunity to work for or visit any others.

There are no schedules or set hours, but you are limited in the amount of hours you work per day (typically 5-7 hours maximum), there were no lunch breaks given, nor was an employee handbook or anything of that nature presented to me at any point during employment.

What I did learn from this experience is that I needed to take a deep look at myself and then proceed to grow and mature into the employee I'd like to hire first as well as unlocking the potential I posses to become the successful entrepreneur I envision and have set the short-term and long-term goals and plans of action for.
nice hotel
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Dodge, IADecember 22, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: short breaks
nice hotel with great staff, worked day shift and so had a good relationship with housekeepers and manager, nice clean big hotel
Manaagement Issues
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, GADecember 14, 2015
Pros: Great Brand
Cons: Terrible Management
This job could be the best, but unfortunately due to bad management the moral in the workplace is extremely bad compared to other Country Inns in the Metro Atlanta area. procedures.
Simple task
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Fairburn, GAOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Networking
Cons: Slow nights
The “nightly audit” is my most important duty during the night, but it is far from my only one. I am the only “guest relations” staff who work at night, so I take care of all the needs of our guests. I am the “MOD” (Manager On Duty) for about eight hours each night. I usually work Monday night through Friday night.
Nice Place to work with
guest Relations Executive (Former Employee), Sohna(Gurgaon), HRSeptember 1, 2015
Cons: Meal Breaks, Picnics, Interdepartmental compitetions
Day starts with daily reports,

I had learn how to communicate and meet guest/interdepartmental requirements/expectations.

Management does every possible things to keep employee happy.

Co-workers are rally professional, sophisticated, and nice by nature.

When we get meet the expectations of company (WOW at every MOMENT) and the excellent team around to work with.
Calmful Place
front desk (Former Employee), Austintown, OHMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great place to work!
Cons: bugs
Fun, Calmful! And it was nice to meet different walks of life! The hardest part of the job was getting rid of bugs when it was happening because you wanted everyone to be safe! Scheduling meetings and guest stays. Management was awesome.
An excellent company that provided a safe and productive work environment.
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Friendly, professional staff and management.
Cons: No benefits or advancement opportunities.
The management and staff worked efficiently and progressively, despite being short-staffed. They always had the best for the customer in mind.
Learning stage of accounting system of Hospitality industries
Accounts Executive (Former Employee), Gurgaon, Sector-12, HaryanaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: learning and fun workplace
Cons: personal growth
i learned all type of accounting system of hospitality industries, this is the best part of my professional work experience.
Sales and marketing executive
- Corporate Rate Management
- Brochure management
Owners are the boss
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 10, 2014
loved working here because you saw the owners daily. they know what they are doing and they care about there workers!
Good working environment
Sales and Marketing Executive (Corporate sales) (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRNovember 3, 2014
Pros: carlson bravo programs every month for motivate employee
Cons: ----
About My Experience in Countryinn are given below :-
1- Awesome training program
2- Motivating management
3- Helful Co-worker
4- Bravo programs for motivating staff
Productive workplace with kind coworkers
Breakfast Bar Hostess/Housekeeper (Current Employee), Aiken, SCOctober 26, 2014
As a breakfast bar hostess I begin my day at six on weekdays and seven on weekends. Whoever works night audit has already put breakfast out. I continue to keep everything full and clean. As a housekeeper I begin my day at nine. I strip the rooms of all dirty linen and then I go back and clean them. I learn valuable time management and organization with both of these jobs. I have fantastic and helpful coworkers who are prepared to lend a helping hand to the new girl.
its good for the dj parties
Supervisor (Former Employee), Jaipur, RJAugust 18, 2014
Pros: coordination among the staff
Cons: restaurant is small as per the sale
country inn & suites is the nice platform to learn the things rapidly
Good Place to work for
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Sahibabad, Delhi NCRJuly 10, 2014
Country Inn and Suites is a 217 rooms inventory and offer all-vegetarian cuisine.
The Country Inn & Suites Ghaziabad Hotel's location in the East Delhi National Capital Region (NCR) is 50 minutes from the International Airport and 10 minutes from the Akshardham Temple. India Gate, Connaught Place (Rajiv Chowk) is just a 25 minutes drive from the hotel. It provides innovative theme restaurants, extensive banqueting areas, state-of-the-art Business Centre, health club and spa, beauty salon, shopping arcade and outdoor, poolside bar that offers a world-class dining experience.
The hotel is the first eco-friendly, all-vegetarian, five-star hotel, and the second largest Country Inn & Suites in the world
Director Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLApril 5, 2014
Gave a lot of opportunities to understand the International market.
GOOD
Team Leader-HR (Current Employee), Mysore, KAMarch 10, 2014
This is belongs to Carlson group, this CIS having 5 star category & 130 rooms property.
ok place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 8, 2013
This is a good job for someone who is starting out working, I enjoyed my job while there. I can't really say much because it has been a while since i was employed there so i don't know any of the management.
Hotel service area.
post of Asst. Manager Engineering (Current Employee), KatraJuly 14, 2013
Manage the renovation also.
all types of related the engineering work.
operational work is ok.but in Learning point of view its less than the other branded hotels .
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Haridwar, ULJune 26, 2013
Pros: free accomodation and food.
Cons: long hours shift.min-12 hrs a day.
I am a person who wants to learn more and wants work in a team environment .But from my side my management is not good for me.and i am little depressed to work in Country inn and suites.I am looking forward for a good job in a branded Organisation where i can work for 2-3 years and secure my better life for future.
Not bad, but not great.
Manager on Duty/Lead Auditor (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJune 11, 2013
Pros: laid back.
Cons: the building is new but it looks run down.
A typical day is working with guests, making sure all rooms are entered as clean, and deal with group set ups.
I'm biased because I've worked in many hotels before, but Carlson is not one I wish to return to.
Although the management was great, the associates in general seemed to have a hard time grasping work ethics and teamwork.
The hardest part about the job was actually dealing with other workers.
The best part was helping the guests.