Reporting to the Health and Social Services Manager, the Child Care Supervisor is responsible for acting as the primary liaison between Weechi-it-te-win Family Services and the First Nation. The Child Care Supervisor ensures that child welfare services provided by Couchiching Child & Family Care Program are managed and delivered in accordance with the mandated agency, provincial guidelines and customs/practices of Couchiching First Nation.
- Ensure that services are delivered in accordance with all applicable
ministry, agency and First Nation policies, customs and practices.
- Organize monthly case reviews with all staff and Social Services
- Ensure that all required monthly reports are submitted to WFS in
a timely manner.
- Provide results of file audits to WFS on a semi-annual basis.
- Collaborate with all external stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day office procedures and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and two years
experience in the provision of Child Welfare Services, or;
- Community College Diploma in Social Work or related field and
six years experience in the provision of Child Welfare Services,
- Knowledge of the Ontario Child and Family Services Act.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Risk Assessment Model
- Knowledge of Community Services, Customs and Traditions.
- Ontario Drivers License and access to own vehicle.
This position is full time permanent.
Application deadline is: Monday, February 11th, 2013 @ 4:00 PM.
Please send a cover letter, resume, criminal reference check and a vulnerable persons check, along with three work related references to:
Health and Social Services Manager
Couchiching First Nation
RMB 2027, R.R#2
Fort Frances, ON P9A 3M3
Fax # 807-274-6458