Social Media/Marketing Intern
This is a contract position for the period January 6, 2014 to Aug. 31, 2014, with the possibility of being renewed.
Rate of pay is $12/hr for a 37.5 hr work week.
Coteau Books, publisher of quality Canadian books for children and adults, offers an exciting opportunity to become part of the world of cultural industry. This entry-level contract position is based in our Regina office.
Under the direction of the Managing Editor and the Marketing Manager:
– extensive web marketing activities, including updating Coteau web site, and working with other significant book web sites regarding Coteau information
–creation/maintenance of Coteau’s social media, ie, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- working with authors on their social media presence and websites
- distribution of targeted marketing materials, including catalogues, review copies and submissions to award programs
- assisting in the creation of marketing campaigns and materials for books, sales conference, etc.
- assisting in the creation of promotional copy, including media releases, catalogue copy, author profiles
- assisting with the organizing and supervising of author events, including attendant publicity
- undertaking direct-mail marketing campaigns of various kinds
- assisting in the production and distribution of promotional materials including advertising and possibly book trailers
- creation and maintenance of metadata files for Coteau’s books
- monitoring and recording Coteau Books’ ebooks in various online bookstores
- some office procedure, shipping & receiving and receptionist duties from time to time
- THIS INTERNSHIP POSITION REQUIRES A CANDIDATE WHO IS A RECENT (within the last year) GRADUATE OF A POSTSECONDARY INSTITUTION
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer skills on both PC and Mac platforms and standard office software including word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and web browser applications.
- knowledge of InDesign and/or QuarkXpress, Photoshop and video editing software
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and reliably meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a small office environment, with minimal supervision, as part of a
- The position does involve some lifting and shipping of boxes of books, so the physical
ability to do so is required
Please deliver, mail, fax, or email applications, including resume and references to:
Managing Editor, Coteau Books
2517 Victoria Ave.,
Regina, SK S4P 0T2
Applications must be received at the above address before 5 pm, Friday, Nov. 15, 2013
Coteau Books thanks all applicants, but only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.
This position is supported through funding provided by the Canada Book Fund of the Government of Canada, and the City of Regina.