CoSyn Technology Employee Reviews

Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2016
10 years ago Cosyn technology was very busy. the day was going to fast and did worked overtime almost everything week end. The work as slowed down since 2014 . When i start a Cosyn I had great training, but in 2011 when did get bought out by another engineering company we change computer system and no training was provide to me. I learn all by my self. I did enjoyed processing EFT payment and issue cheque the people were great.
Pros
Great award system
Cons
Buyout of parent company affected atmosphere
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2016
Originally a great place to work with a friendly nurturing environment. After corporate buyout, it became mired in administrative red-tape and a "global vision" that was counter-productive and impersonal.
Lacking work
Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2016
Very slow times, unproductive to work there, very little work and not a great atmosphere at this time with constant lay-offs and everyone on edge.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no work
Interesting
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
Each day is different. Some days busy some days not as busy. I have learned a lot about engineering within six different disciplines. I enjoy meeting so many people and building great work relationships with them. The hardest part of the job is learning the terminology and some of the processes.
Civil Engineer In Training (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
This was a productive workplace that was very fast paced when the economy was strong. All people working there were helpful and fantastic.
Long term employee
Piping Design / Drafting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Worked for Cosyn for 12 years. Gained many years of experience working on small and large projects for Syncrude. Fast pace, friendly work environment.
Great people to work with!
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2014
CoSyn is an amazing place to work. I have the opportunity to work with people from all over the world, and learn about many different cultures. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment when a project is successfully completed. I have learned many skills and attended many training sessions. The downsides to the job are very long hours, leading to a poor work/life balance, and being managed by two separate global companies that don't always agree on policies.
Pros
the people.
Cons
long hours, few advancement opportunities.
Enjoyable place to work, with supportive management and colleagues.
Piping Discipline Lead / Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 5, 2015
Decent amount of red tape and politics which is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues. There was always variety in what I did each day which always makes a day challenging and exciting.
Fast paced work environment which allows the opportunity to learn and grow.
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 18, 2013
Most days include engineering meetings such as reviews on engineering work packages, schedule, and project updates. Although I haven’t taken a course in engineering terminology I have become very familiar with the different terms, acronyms, and abbreviations.
Management is very engaged with the day-to-day activities of their staff and is always willing to help. This is also the culture of the staff.
The hardest part of the job would have to be staying on schedule as schedule is key to every projects success.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be working with such dynamic and multicultural project terms.
Flexible and fun work place
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2015
Flexible office hour provided. Can chat with coworkers, walk around, have fun during the lunch time. Opportunity to grow, stability, RRSP benefit, insurance, long term commitments.
Pros
free coffee, cookies
Cons
health care
Fun place to work, lots of different kinds of people
Document control clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2015
I learned lots of procedures and processes. Was able to fit into many jobs within the document control area. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with many co-workers.
Potential is there, but culture sucks
COODINATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 15, 2014
If you're thinking you're working for WorleyParsons, you're not. CoSyn is very different than WorleyParsons in terms of organizational culture and efficiency.
Pros
immediate colleagues were nice and helpful
Cons
poor, dimly lit work spaces; no lunch room
sociable and friendly people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2014
good environment to work at. sometimes its very busy and overwhelming. over all i liked working at cosyn
Project Management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 21, 2014
Project Execution from award through to completion. Work 40 hours a week.

CoSyn Technology Reviews by Location