Costi Immigrant Services

application for subsidize housing
winter warm
volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2013
Pros: good experience to put on resume
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed the six months that I spent volunteering at Costi immigrant services
Productive workplace characterised with new discoveries
Intern( Administrative Assistant) (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 13, 2013
Pros: networking
As an intern, I work as administrative assistant helping newcomers with international qualifications assess the variety of opportunities that are available to them. Each day, I respond to prospective clients' enquiries, giving them information about the organization's programs and eligibility criteria, sometimes directing them to other services they – more... can fit into.

I learnt the customer services procedures (answering of calls and forwarding of such to appropriate officer) in relation to different categories of people, workplace hazards & Harassment, my rights and that of others.

My co-workers are a fun to be with. Despite being an African, I don't feel segregated and they are always ready to assist me whenever the need calls for it. In a nutshell, I see them as my family.

The hardest part is the silence I experience especially on days when there were few or no call-in / walk-in clients. However, I spent those periods in gathering information about opportunities that abound for me to help me improve in the discharge of my duties.

The most enjoyable part is seeing satisfaction and approval in the faces of our clients. I'm always happy knowing I have been able to give hope to someone. Also being part of my work agreement with my employer, I find joy in studying online and attending job fairs, seminars & training workshops. – less