Costi Immigrant Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and friendly workplace
Part-time LINC Instructor (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good pay, location, facility
Cons: few hours
I teach a computer-assisted language learning class to 18 adult newcomers. The hardest part of my job is to accommodate teaching the individual needs of the learners.
Always fun
Accounting Instructor (Current Employee), Markham, ONDecember 26, 2014
The interaction with the students, meeting them where they are at academically, in some cases helping them solve minor private problems, preventing them from achieving academically. Fostering a learning environment. Achieving great results that students report to Director. Having fun, whilst controlling the classroom.

This is for all companies I work for. It is the attitude I bring to the classroom
good place to meet many people and understand immigrants
Office Administration (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: job culture is very good.
Cons: no salary because it's volunteer job
*Costi is a ognization for immigrants and refugees to help their settlements and English.

*Explain curriculums via phone, and via person
*Take a assessment test.
*Make an appointment with a counsellor
attention for inmigrants services
Housing Worker internership (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2014
house workers
application for subsidize housing
winter warm
volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2013
Pros: good experience to put on resume
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed the six months that I spent volunteering at Costi immigrant services
Productive workplace characterised with new discoveries
Intern( Administrative Assistant) (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 13, 2013
Pros: networking
As an intern, I work as administrative assistant helping newcomers with international qualifications assess the variety of opportunities that are available to them. Each day, I respond to prospective clients' enquiries, giving them information about the organization's programs and eligibility criteria, sometimes directing them to other services they can fit into.

I learnt the customer services procedures (answering of calls and forwarding of such to appropriate officer) in relation to different categories of people, workplace hazards & Harassment, my rights and that of others.

My co-workers are a fun to be with. Despite being an African, I don't feel segregated and they are always ready to assist me whenever the need calls for it. In a nutshell, I see them as my family.

The hardest part is the silence I experience especially on days when there were few or no call-in / walk-in clients. However, I spent those periods in gathering information about opportunities that abound for me to help me improve in the discharge of my duties.

The most enjoyable part is seeing satisfaction and approval in the faces of our clients. I'm always happy knowing I have been able to give hope to someone. Also being part of my work agreement with my employer, I find joy in studying online and attending job fairs, seminars & training workshops.