Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Pwd
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 July 2017
PWD is a separate company that worked with Costco. PWD was very disorganized, management was rude and didn't seem to care about their employees.
I did learn a lot however. I learned many social and hands on skills, learned to work independently as well as with others. The hardest part was focusing on keeping up with the demands of samples as well as keeping track of how much product you've gone through which was also something I learned. I did however love my coworkers and a lot of the customers made my day.
Very enjoyable
Costco Bagger (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC17 July 2017
I loved working there, the management is really nice and understanding. They set up an environment for the employees to thrive and be the best they really can be.
The best working time in my live.
Bakery wrapper (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 July 2017
It was the best time to work with Costco Wholesale team.
Management was friendly.
Bakery area was very clean and comfortable for work.
Wanted to continue working but it was sessional work.
Pros
Lunch free
It was good
Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB12 July 2017
I had a nice time at Costco, the other workers where kind and helpful. The manager was great and was there if we needed them. It did not worry me if there was a lot of customers because others would come and help out.
Great work enviroment
General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2017
Great place great people. Great managment good listeners works more around you than the company to make sure your great for the company and perform your best and great deals if you have a family.
I liked working with the customers
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2017
I enjoyed working with the customers, lots of different types of people. Enjoyed being social and outgoing. Liked to explore what the store had to offer that I may want to buy.
Did not feel welcome or comfortable with management and coworkers didn't feel like I had job security.
A workplace with a fluctuating degree of business
Majors sale assistant (Computer, TV, and other) (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB3 July 2017
A normal day at work is mostly centred around keeping the place clean and helping customers find what they are looking for while answering any questions they may have.-
Excellent environment
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 July 2017
A huge company with corporate culture. Very organized, employee oriented managers. Working at food demo is a fun. I always enjoyed working as a food demonstrator.
Very productive and a delight to work for. I enjoyed working in this company, i get along well with my supervisor and co- workers
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB2 July 2017
Costco Warehouse was a good company to work for. It was a very productive and harmonious. I gained a lot of experience and worked effectively and deligently . I got along with my Supervisor and my co- workers. My supervisor was approachable in dealing with our issues at our department and address our issues immediately.It was my pleasure to work in the meat department. I would have worked there longer but I had an emergency to attend to in the Philippines so I had to leave because I didn't know how long I would be gone.
productive and fun workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
Costco is a good place to work when you are trying for find some skills to put on to your resume. I enjoyed working at Costco because the people there are really nice and the management system is not as bad other places.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons

Want to know more about Costco Wholesale?

Ask a question
Amazing friendly co workers
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ON27 June 2017
great place to work for a decent living every 100 hrs you work you get a raise. lots of great benefits, great proper breaks and shift flexibility as well as the ability to switch departments.
Office job
Contact service agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2017
Sitting all day between gray spaces. Not enough movement and a lot of repetitive tasks.

Other employees are extremely friendly and the pay is most satisfying.
Busy work environment
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 June 2017
At Costco we are always busy, always doing something. If we're not being a cashier, we are cleaning up, going around the warehouse to make sure everything is in order, or pushing carts outside.
Pros
Good pay on Sundays, the schedule is posted 3 weeks ahead.
Ok
Deli/Meat Clerk/ various temp positions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
Very fast paced
No room for error
Management ok
Hardest part keeping up in mornings and during busy times
Some great coworkers.
Overall not bad place but long intervals between raises takes a long time for very small amount. Can take over a yr or more.
Pros
Great people, efficient lots to learn if given the chance
Cons
Raises, seniority (length of time working there)trumps qualifications
Fun place to work with great benefits
Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2017
Lots of fun working in a warehouse, especially morning or night crew when store is closed. Fast paced and never boring. You don't have to worry about what to wear, makeup or pretty hair,just be presentable.
Pros
benefits, pay, advancement, management
Cons
Can't dress up, wear good cloths
Fast paced
Cashier/Packer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 June 2017
Its a busy place to work as well as its extremely fast paced, but also very fun. The work atmosphere is great and all the employees are fantastic to work along side with.
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 June 2017
I was a cashier assistant on a seasonal assignment. I really enjoyed working in the busy atmosphere. I was treated well. It as great place to work. I got along with all of my co-workers.
I was trained on my job and I learned quickly how to support customers and other staff members.
Pros
Supportive atomphere
Cons
busy
Flexible scheduling, amazing benefits
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
Benefits are well above any other employer at this pay grade.

You start above what most competitors offer for wage, and can earn raises the longer you can stay with the company.

Most employees start with temporary positions, but are often hired back, after their temporary contract has ended, as permanent employees.

Really a great place, always busy and things to do and numerous opportunities through the year to train in other departments like the Tire Center or Bakery.
Pros
Food and Snacks are a weekly delight from the in store deli and bakery.
Cons
Members can be real pricks, just like any retail environment.
Costco
Front End Assistent Cashire (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
It was a pretty good job. Management was ok. A typical day was steady work. Steady hours per week. The people that you work with are a nice group of people.
Pros
alway something to do
Cons
on our feet most of the day
Busy weekends with happy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
Days can be very busy and hectic with somewhat strict management. Lot of standing and on your feet work but staff and atmosphere are relaxed. Decent work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2