Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

safe to work with
Merchandizer (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABAugust 18, 2016
very supportive to the staff and give fare opportunities to all staff. Give flexible time slot to the part time. Supportive supervisor and assisting new staff
Awesome place to work at!
Warehouse associate/ Front end associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2016
Coscto was an amazing employer for all age groups. They provided competitive wages, excellent promotions, and always provided us with a great environment to work at.
Costco Wholesale
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, ABMay 16, 2016
I mostly worked as a front end assistant which is the employee who bags the groceries and puts it in the cart. I would sometimes be put on to cash as a cashier, handled with angry customers, and provided customer service.
Fast Paced & Diverse
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
While working at Costco, I learned how to deal with a variety of types of members in a face & efficient manner. It allowed me to get the job done in a more satisfied manner for the member since my excellent inter personal skills allowed me to gain their trust. Costco is always busy, so efficiency along with speed were key for a successful employment which made me a very quick learner & worker.
it was ok
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 10, 2016
Everyone was very positive and hard working but it was very unorganized in the morning, there was never a set schedule of what you have to do you just pick up whatever you think needs to be done if there are no managers around. all in all it was a positive but rushed environment
Pros
most days granted overtime when asked
Cons
still not enough hours
Work place is ok,needs improvement..
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 8, 2016
Pays not so good,especially for vancouver,part time employee don't get treated very good there,low pay and no hours..
Pros
??
Cons
No hours
Working for Costco
Cook/Server (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
It was a fun amazing job, i got the chance to interact with people every day, always help when I could and people were very nice, my coworkers show initiative to help me produce work faster and better every day. overall working for costo was a great job.
Pros
3 breaks a day and great managment
Cons
Not enough people
Seasonal Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 2, 2016
Overall Costco is a great place to work. Great pay and benefits for an entry-level retail job. Working early morning or late at night is rough, but the pay is worth it.
Secure job
Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 15, 2016
Good place to work for the long term. Hard to get fired from. Do your work and you will advance. Great for students needing part time work.
Decent workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2016
In my experience it is a good and Positive workplace. Good part time job for students. Workload is manageable however very labour intensive.
Pros
higher than min wage
Cons
graveyard shifts
Amazing company
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Costco has an amazing work environment which was filled with happy employees who were being paid well and treated well. Management was easy to deal with and positive in the workplace.
Pros
Good wage/happy employees
Cons
N/A
Fun and Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 8, 2016
The company did a good job at making sure that shifts were distributed fairly and the management was also very reasonable.
Fast paced, Fun, Challenging, friendly
Stocker/Forklift (Former Employee) –  1411 Warden AveOctober 17, 2015
A typical day at work varied every day depending on departments. I learned lots of teamwork skills and various problem solving skills. The management at the beginning was very good. Things got done, everyone was happy; then management changed and people managed departments they've never worked before. Co-workers were always friendly, not always good but in a big place not everyone will be. The hardest part of the job was having to stay back and complete someone else's work when they left it unfinished. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you were always busy and had something to do.
Pros
Fast paced. Busy. Fun. Co workers. Able to learn new things. Some of the management.
Cons
Some of the management. Staying later to finish others unfinished work.
costco has great benefits
Stocker (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 19, 2016
love working there the people i work with are great, the pay isn't that great unless you have been there for 5 years...
benefits are very generous.
fun place to work
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
it is a fun place to work but management need to watch over there staff more ... beside that it is a good place to work... it a good place to keep in shape when working
Enjoyed my time with costco.
Front End/ Parking lot (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 24, 2016
Always learning something new everyday, great co-workers. The hardest thing about the job was lifting heavier items alone. Mangers are very good to work with.
Pros
Free food in luch room.
Cons
Short staff in gathering carts.
Not a place to work if you need to make a bit of money
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Ok being a food/product demonstrator sucked!!!
Very borin, standing for long hours, we worked 8 hour day but only got one half hour break that's it.
Most of the times customers were very rude and didn't understand we were just giving out samples and providing info on products but were not experts on the products. We were just given a product that day we were working then we read what is one the box or wrapper pick 3 benefits than set up and give samples.
Co workers were great, some had bad tempers but overall were nice people. There are mostly older ladies working there.
Now this isn't a place to work if you need money to save because the new people only get 1 or 2, sometimes 3 days out of the week to work. Not many days so not much money.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
one break, little money, no benefits, annoying customers
short term
SEASONAL STOCK AND MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
costco was a great place to be with friendly staff and members, i am happy for my time there although i was seasonal i appreciated the time i did work for the company and would be happy to come back when ever the need arose
Always loved coming in and greeting old clients as well as seeing new faces.
Executive Membership Desk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Id walk in, be greeted by guests, staff and had a warm welcoming feeling, like I left home to commute to home. The best work experience in terms of actually being face to face with clients in a face paced moving environment.
Pros
cheerful attitudes
Cons
limited to offers available to all clients .
Good Employer
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 6, 2016
Good employer with above average wage, decent career outlook. Good growth within the next couple of decades, and continuing business success as its membership grows.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No weekends

4.2