Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Awesome and fun place to work.
Front End/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC15 November 2016
I would definitely go back, fun, fast paced, never the same thing over again. Unfortunately it is very hard to get a permanent job at Costco. I find they only hire people permanently if you have a family member who works for the company.
Productive, Energetic
Customer Service Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB15 November 2016
Costco Canada Liquor was a very enjoyable place to work. Customers coming in and asking for recommendations for wine/ spirits made me become more interested in wine and spirits. Before working at the liquor store I knew nothing about wines and spirits; my time here helped me expand my knowledge on the industry.
Pros
Fun Inventory, Pizza Party
Very nice place to work
Finishing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 November 2016
i liked costco a lot. I learnt how to work fast in a factory environment. I learnt how to achieve goals through communication.
Pros
nice salary
Cons
might get bored of the repetition
A very cool fun and safe workplace.
Front End (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Costco wholesale,a very clean and friendly place to work,I learned many things here that will help me down the road with many jobs to come.
Pros
Free memberships
Cons
The cart machines break down constantly.
Staff treated me like family.
Cart Attendant - Seasonal Employment (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2016
They treat their employees there fairly well, they're always busy through out the day, always something to do and the food is really good. I had an enjoyable time working there. Thanks for the safe/friendly environment you gave me.
Good place
Car technician/e-tester (Former Employee) –  Ottawa3 November 2016
It was a good job had a lot of fun there worked a lot and the people there were very nice. Also there were many advancements don't know what else to say
Pros
Got paid more to work sundays
Very relaxed place to work
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC2 November 2016
Everyone tries to help one another. Somewhat flexible hours. Everything goes by seniority there. Management would panic easily under pressure. Days off request are a little difficult to fill out
Busy Environment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2016
Working as a cashier at Costco Wholesale was a good learning experience. Was a very busy work environment which forced you to multi task on certain occasions.
Nice enviroment to work.
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
A great enviroment to work with. Always a busy place but challenging. Learned other works from other departments. Able to practice and enhance my customer service.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2016
Good company, excellent benefits. Easy location to get to, friendly co-workers.

Be prepared to work hard, but also to be rewarded well for your efforts.
fun place
Seasonal front end clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
amazing place to work for retail/customer service the team is amazing and very accepting, easy to get along with everyone even the management team, they work with your hours and the pay is great for part time seasonal work
top employers!
Front/End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
a typical day at work is fastpaced cashing and packing with the store jam packed everyday there is no lazying around. co workers are diverse, managers are fun.
hardest part of the job: HEAVY. to lift heavy things in fastpaced motions would deteriorate your body, but you can just apply to other departments from within. working in the front end in night shifts is having to push carts outside in a middle of a snow blizzard, you have no choice.

most enjoyable part is there's no room for boredom, free samples two fifteen minute paid coffeebreak in an eight hour shift. be one of the first people to know what's on sale for the next week.

I was a fulltime student when i worked in costco and they never allow a less than 5 shifts a week for highschool or upgrading students. they only have student particular shifts for college/university students.

once you've been hired the greater the probability to be rehired again.

Seniority culture is both a pro and a con.
Pros
seniority, benefits, good pay, many inside opportunities, opportunity to grow, could become a lifetime career
Cons
heavy, seniority
Very fun to work at and great pay!
Morning stockee (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 October 2016
Be energetic and be quick at your job and you'll do fine! The managers were great and helpful and the pay was amazing! Usually started at 5am but finished an 8 hour shift at 1:30 which was also very nice!
Pros
Good pay, good hours and good managers
Cons
Early mornings
Fast pace and very structured
Food Court Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 October 2016
Get along with co workers and work well together. Very fast paced and have learned to manage my time. Deal with the public and make sure that their needs are meant in a pleasant and timely manner.
Pros
Free membership
It's a physical and mental job
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 October 2016
the pay is great but what will get you is the customers or as Costco calls them "members". They are rude, ignorant, and uptight. That's not all of them off course but just a good percentage of them
Productive and diverse
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2016
Working at Costco was pretty good, I picked up skills very day working with different department managers. my coworkers were very diverse so no one ever felt left out
Pros
free memberships to employees
Cons
the building need a lot of maintance
I enjoyed my time there and the advancement potential was great
Cashier/Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 October 2016
I very much enjoyed my time there, my coworkers and management. The only thing was I wanted a regular working shift each week which is very difficult to gt unless you have lots of seniority.
Pros
great room for advancment
Cons
shift hours
fun to make new friends
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 October 2016
Made new freinds and learned about meat. Got to share my knowledge with the customers and learned all about what costoc stands for with their customers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
good place to work as a student
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 October 2016
When working at Costco i felt welcome. All the co-workers were friendly. The work was usual consist and repetitive, but doesn't add to much strain on your body. The break times are reasonable. They also offer benefits for students.
Pros
comfortable workeplace
Cons
short shifts
Very good place to work
Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2016
A good place to work at. Very busy, made the day past fast. Good company for advancement. Had a very good team to work with.
Pros
funplace to work

4.2