Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

fun environment where hard work and dedication are recognized
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
early mornings for stockers are easy to get used to, the workers and management are helpful and fair. good hard work was always recognized and praised. fast paced work means that as you are rarely working in the vicinity of others it is hard to get to know others on a personal level.
Pros
good and fair management, flexible shifts.
Cons
early mornings, short shifts
Faced paced place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
I was seasonal employee. I worked whatever they asked and whatever hours were assigned to me. I was on time and did productive work. Co-workers are very friendly and managers were satisfied with my work.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No one says that I am no longer working there, just didn't have my schedule and didn't go to work anymore
great place to work
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2017
steady and secure job. nothing out of the ordinary , but great benefits. people are usually great as well. management is proactive on individual success along with the warehouse's success
Costco is a very good place to work
Merchandiser & Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 January 2017
I enjoy most facets of my job with Costco.

A typical day includes physical labor as I work as an early morning (5:00am) merchandiser. This means that I am one of the first people in every day and am responsible for getting the business ready for open.

I have a management team that makes me feel part of a team. The majority of management I work with push me to do my best and promote my personal success. My co-workers are the best part of my job. They are genuinely good people who make my day even better.

The hardest part of my job can sometimes be the fast pace required on a daily basis. While most days are better than others, some require a great face lift on the way merchandise is presented due to the influx of new product or general wishes of management.
Pros
Free membership, benefits
Cons
Fast pace (occasionally), missed communication opportunities
Fast paced work environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 January 2017
Enjoyed working here. Had good hours that worked with my schedule and were easy going when I had schedule changes of my own. Also a nice group of people working there.
member service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2017
I loved working for costco. A diverse company that allows anyone to succeed and climb the corprate ladder. They allowed me to wait to be comfortable on cash which was nice knowing they cared about me as a human
Cashier/Packer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 January 2017
Fast pace working environment, always busy must be on your toes at all times. Co-workers are very friendly. good pay and benefits
Pros
Great pay
Cons
not enough hours given
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 January 2017
I loved working here because there was never a day that I wasn't doing something. Always keeping busy. If you want to learn something new, they would teach you. I learned to do cash here so it was a good experience.
whole sale
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS31 December 2016
very friendly environment and my all Co- workers are really help full.it is all about the team work and learnt lot of team work.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
long shift and heavy lifting
good place but not enough training
Meat Counter/Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 December 2016
I enjoyed my time at Costco but I felt like I did not receive enough training. when I did make a mistake I explained that I needed more training but never got it.

I felt it was very "clicky" with the groups of people that worked there.
I was very fortunate with the people that I had worked with.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
not enough training
Great people
Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB26 December 2016
Great people, great place to work, will really miss it!!! Love the customer service part of the job, lots of room for advancement! Would still be working there if I wasn't moving!! Tried to Relocate, but no openings.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Low starting wage, advancement by seniority not skills.
Go getter job.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 December 2016
They are a good employer but hard to make an impression when no one follows company rules. Make you wear steel toed boots when half the staff walks around in sneakers.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Poor management, hard to gain full time.
Fast paced and customer (member) oriented work environment.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at Costco begins at 5am.The first 3 to 4 hours are very labour intensive.The floors have to be swept to remove all wood pieces from the floor that have been left behind from the forklifts moving skids of materials onto the floors all night.I probably walk 5 miles accomplishing this.It was tough at first,but now it has become routine with the benefit of feeling healthier as I have lost 15 lbs.The management is very appreciative of our hard work in getting the store ready for opening every morning and constantly thanks employees for doing a good job.Once the store is open I enjoy helping our customers locate items in this massive store that they cannot locate.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
working every weekend
Steady Hours, Fast Pace work place.
Front End Assistant, Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 December 2016
Morning merchandise stocker required being at the work place by 4:30am each day of the week. Managers are very demanding and work place is very fast pace. Great benefits.
Pros
Stable Hours and paid breaks.
Cons
Too demanding on work pace.
Work was fast paced but manageable with the skills I hold.
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 December 2016
We would be given various tasks on which we would use our skills given to us through training. Work side by side with our co-workers and management to deliver customers with a pleasant experience from the best of our abilities.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Customer Harassment
Great Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS13 December 2016
I work very hard at Costco, I start early in the morning and my job is extremely physical and fast-paced. I have really amazing management, and they are very hard workers as well. They work right along side of us each day and they are great people, who lead by example.

The best part of each day is taking pride in a job well done and being appreciated for doing such hard work.

The hardest part of the day is the extremely physical demands of being a merchandiser.
Great workplace, awesome management and a great company overall
Merchandising/Stocker (Current Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON12 December 2016
I've learned great customer service working for this company over my years and the people I have worked with have made it an awesome friendly environment. There has not been one day where I've not enjoyed the work environment
Fast paced
Food Court Assistant/Produce (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2016
Very fast paced environment. You have to make sure all your work is complete before the store opens if you are working mornings. If you are working evenings the priority is to clean and get everything ready for the morning crew.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Photo Centre Manager / Asst Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 December 2016
Working in a warehouse environment is fast paced, which I thrive off of, nothing better than always being on the go while you are helping others. Having a company with long term employees has pros and cons, it speaks volumes for the company when they are able to keep long term employees, their wages and benefits are a huge part of that, however many of those individuals have developed a sense of entitled which can be challenging at times to coop with. Being able to listen and understand how to balance multiple personalities is one of the greatest challenges as a manager.
Pros
Free Samples
Cons
Consistency
Fast peace work to get chance to sharpen the customer service skill.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2016
Very versatile job atmosphere but I am enjoying as my focus to improve my skill.
I learn lots of new things in Warehouse, Merchandising, Cash Handling and customer service.

4.2