Costco Wholesale
1,340 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not what I signed up for
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2014
- arrive at 5am then set up station. Rewrap meat from the day before and refill counters before opening. Feed the machine until 1pm.
-I learned there are jobs in this world that no one wants but need to be done
-management was not good. I showed up the first day for training along with 2 others but no one knew there was a training session. I was told – more... I was being hired for a part time position by my manager but worked 40hr/week.
- the hardest part was the repetitiveness of lifting trays of meat in and out of the machine. It was both monotonous and physically exhausting.
- the most enjoyable bart of the job was rushing to fill the counters before opening then feeling a sense of accomplishment once it was done. – less
Productive, Fast Pace Enviroment
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free membership, automatic 25 cent raise after three months plus benefits
Cons: long hours, need to be flexible, be able to work early mornings and late nights
Duties- Prepare food items to sell to costco members such as pizza, hotdogs, poutine, chicken strips and fries etc. i learned how to work in a fast pace, high stress work enviroment. i also gained customer service experiance as well as thinking on my feet. This job is not for everyone. you must be 18yrs or older to work in any of the food departments – more... and have food safety certificate. – less
Costso is a Awesome place
Front End/Lot Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: steady raises and benefits and oppurtunities for advancement
Cons: can be a challenge to get past the seasonal months.
Costco is an amazing place to get involved with as a employee. The management and staff are normally friendly and is a very secure job as long as you work and take pride in your job.
Great co-workers, terrible management.
Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: the pay is higher than minimum wages
Cons: management
Typical Day: They had me perform different duties everyday from cashier, re-stock and front/exit doors. They always made sure you were busy.

What I Learned: I learned how to handle multiple tasks as they were given to me. This allowed me to be able to prioritize duties in the order that I found most productive.

Management: Too many people in power – more... at Costco. This made the job harder than anticipated because there would be too many people telling me to do so many different things that overlapped each other. This would make me get into trouble because they never classified which manager was higher than the other which means, apparently, I had to do things for one person over another. This would lead to disagreements.

Co-Workers: They were nice for the most part. Very tolerable. I am not one to cause problems with co-workers because I try to make the workplace as tolerable as possible, without problems. After working at Costco I have remained friends with most of my co-workers.

Hardest Part: Listening to all the managers telling me to do very different things all at the same time, then getting in trouble for it.

Enjoyable Part: Going into work every day to see my co-workers/friends. – less
Nice company
Sales Assistant Specializing in Electronics (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: work
Costo is a family business good for seasonal job specially in the winters.
Decent available hours - insufficient training
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: management accommodating work hours for working parents
Cons: insufficient training and lack of managerial support/assistance regarding work related injuries.
I worked as a stocker in an area where I had no business being placed in as I was not big enough to lift or carry items that needed restocking. I found the training to be seriously lacking and management was not overly helpful when dealing with a work related injury. Co-workers were largely unfriendly and in some cases very rude during the 4:45am-9:45am – more... shift. That being said, the hours were plentiful and management was most helpful in accommodating working parents. Pay was slightly better than other companies with similar job positions. – less
Fun but stressful workplace.
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: fast-pace, time passes quickly.
Cons: stressful, lunch time passes to quickly.
A typical day at work is fairly easy but stressful. You have to learn to how to multi-task when dealing with members and each transactions. The co-workers there are friendly and makes the day goes by easier. They try to reveal some of the stress away from the workplace. The hardest part of the job is to deal with angry/grumpy members. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is making the members come out with a smile. – less
Fun, hard work, easy to understand.
Morning merchandiser (Current Employee), Airdrie abJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be going into a section of the store and stocking the shelves with food or other merchandise. I stay in that one area, with other people including managers and fork lift drivers. It can be stressful because sometimes there is a lot to do in a small time frame and only a couple of people for the amount of work you have to – more... do but we manage to finish on time-all the time. At the end of the shift we clean up and open the store. – less
Amazing workplace for students
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: physical aspect
Awesome company to work for. Great opportunities and awesome people to work with.
great first job
Truck Driver/Bus Operator (Current Employee), Langley, BCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: no bonuses
Worked in a pro-warehouse environment,good pay,good references.Worked with many different cultures and ages under pressure.forklift and EPJ licence was obtained.Loved working with the management team and all the workers.
Productive work place,
Customer Service (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good salary, amazing co-workers
Cons: long hours, late night shifts, pressure, stress
Learned a lot! Highly effective co workers, Good Salary, Long hours, Fun place, Remarkable people, Too many late shifts.
Fun workplace envrionment
Stocker (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 26, 2013
Everybody is friendly, helpful and fun to work with. The casual dress attire makes it comfortable to work as well.
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great workplace.
Merchandising (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: good pay rate, barbecue/picnic events
Cons: late closing hours
They value education that they comply with the schedule of the student part-time workers. They give cross training time to time for employees to be able to experience and learn in different departments. The managers are nice and approachable. Everybody gets along and very friendly with each other.
Good company to work for
Merchandiser/Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaNovember 17, 2013
Pros: extra 4.00 an hour on sundays
Cons: terrible shift
Costco was a good company to work for. When I was hired I took on the shift that ran anywhere between 4:15 and 12:00pm. It was difficult for me to get there at those times since busses were not running. I approached my manager and she was not very helpful. The hardest part about the job was the hours. Best part was all the great people.
Jewelery Counter
Customer Service (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 12, 2013
Pros: got to talk to alot of different people.
Cons: only part time, needed to find full time work.
Was responsible for the jewelry counter. Showing jewelry to customers, greeting customers as they come in the store. This job was only a stepping stone and needed to have an income. It is a great place to work but not for someone that enjoys working in an office.
Excellent oppertunities for students!
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONNovember 7, 2013
Costco is a extremely fast-paced and friendly environment. I gained a great deal of experience on the inner-workings of a pharmacy. I got to see first hand exactly what a pharmacist and the technicians do on a day-to-day basis. I loved the people I work with, they were friendly, patient, and always open to my questions. The hardest part of the job was – more... adjusting to the pace but I adapted quickly and the shifts flew by! I would recommend employment at Costco to any students currently perusing their secondary studies. Costco is very flexible with scheduling and encourages academics. Overall a fantastic experience! – less
Stocker, Merchandising (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONOctober 31, 2013
Pros: free lunch depend on the items
Cons: short hours
It is a fast worker environment. Sometimes it's a fun job sites.
Bakery Wrapper (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 30, 2013
Good place to work.
Good management.
Very good hours
Good place to start as a employee
Great hours
PWD (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great hours
Come in to work get table and everything i need to set up and start serving customers.
i learned to sell.
co-workers are great.

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos