Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

COSTCO day by day
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2016
Shift starts at 4:30am or 5am depending on the job, stock up merchandise, adjusting pallets, making the product look good and presentable for the members. After opening head straight to the cash to help bag members groceries.
Pros
finish early
Cons
starting hours are to early in the morning
Productive and fun workplace with a free Costco membership
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 7, 2016
I was only a seasonal employee and I was not pleased with the overall culture of the workplace and their hiring practices involved nepotism!
Pros
Sunday shift premium
Cons
4:30 AM start time
group work
PWD (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJanuary 6, 2016
PWD is the work somethings i did out of my zone nut im glad i choose to do it. it is always fun to be around demos table and explain about products with peoples. i enjoy working with DEMO teams and proud being one of the Demonstrations.
A lot of fun & a good workout!
Warehouse/Inventory Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2016
Typical day at Costco (night shift) for me was rising at 3am biking to work for 4. Getting to work Signing in, Unloading pallets and other duties as instructed for about 6-8 hours a day. What I learned from this Job good team leadership and hard work goes a long way. The management was very good & I enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the Job was waking up everyone morning. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the people & seeing familiar faces within and out the store.
Pros
Product
Cons
Thee amount of people in the store
An Amazing Place To Work
Front End/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Costco Wholesale was an amazing Job Experience! I was constantly looked after and given opportunities to show my skill and desire to advance and learn more. The management was impressively organised and unbiased. All the employees were treated with the same level of respect and acceptance. Costco Wholesale was a great job and it is unfortunate that I am unable to continue working there due to Injury (Motor Vehicle Accident).
Pros
Good management, free lunch breaks, flexible hours, positive work environment
Cons
long hours, very hard work on the body.
A Good Workplace for students
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 4, 2016
an articulate workplace with high stress scenarios assisting students to realize evident parts of the average workplace in our world today, and adjust to trends and form.
Pros
good breaks, excellent employees
Cons
bad training, no benefits for students
Costco
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Costco is a great place to work for someone that just likes a regular job, I am looking to building a career and I feel accomplished making people feel good and Im passionate about it/
benefits
Cons
too long to get to full wage
very well balance place to work hours were good.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2015
On any day at work it consisted of, packing the meats, organization of the floor, and assisting the cutters with anything they would need to be done, as well as member service.
learn to time different tasks. Had an unbelievable work team including the boss.
But the most difficult thing was to fullfil member needs.
The new people and cooworkers I worked with was one of the most memrible things at working at Costco.
Pros
good benefits. cheap drinks and food aswell as gas.
Cons
some members were grumpy, hard to satisfy.
Energetic
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 30, 2015
Facilitate outcomes, event planning, Customer Service,Management
I have enjoyed working with Costco, the Members and staff.
I am seeking employment in New Glasgow area as I have relocated my home.
Pros
Flexible schedule, full time, benefits, renumeration, pension plan
90 day right to terminate ABUSED !
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 29, 2015
The COSTCO Winterburn rd. location in Edmonton,Alb let over 20 employees go on Christmas eve this year 2015 (shortage of work was on our ROE), who does that !.
My position at COSTCO was front end assistant, or better known as 'the person that boxes your groceries' . I didn't mind to work one bit,kept me busy and active,made the day go by quickly.
However.........
1.) At the winterburn rd costco in edmonton, when retrieving boxes from the box bins as they come to the to the front end, was just embarrassing, belittling and just unnecessarily humiliating. other front end assistant fighting over 'the good boxes', elbowing each other, stepping on each others feet, no ability to share with their co-workers, a general 'every man for himself attitude'. I've never seen anything like it at other costco locations throughout the city.
2.) NO COMMUNICATION between front end managers,especially on Saturdays and Sundays when 5-6 front end managers were in. All given different orders, to different front end assistants and no one's communicating who's doing what...when.
3.) They allowed the ethic workforce to speak their native language, making those of us that don't understand feel, awkward and uncomfortable, who's to say that aren't talking about others in an inappropriate manner. What you do on your private time is fine,working around others...not professional at all !
4.) While employed there, I seen well over 100 different employees come....and go. (should have seen it coming). I should have put 2+2 together and realized then at COSTCO ABUSES the 90 right to terminate policy.
  more...
5.) MYTH: Costco employees get a discount on products. No, costco employees DO NOT get a discount.

If your looking for a 'forever job' this is not the place for you.
However I will say this...I did like all the management personnel, they were nice, understanding and helpful. Gotta say this...they were very polite when they laid us all off on Christmas Eve.
Pros
free executive membership, free Christmas turkey
Cons
they take back the executive membership when they let you go.
Rewarding and friendly place to work
Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
Great salary, hours, and bosses. Co-workers are always ready to help. Great place to turn into an eventual career if you would like to.
fun and enjoyable work place
Packer (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 22, 2015
working at costco is great, because they respect and give hours according to what you ask. they also have a great program for people working and going to school.
Costco Work Day
Baker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 14, 2015
Commence work at 5:00 am, start baking the bread then start preparing the apple pie. Baking of all the pastries for the day.
This company understand values.
Trainer for buying offices (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 14, 2015
This company has the potential to demand and force suppliers to work with them however they continue to work in a respectful way and manage the relationship to higher level.
Pros
Best place to work
Cons
once you leave the company they will not hired you back
Productive and fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2015
This job was seasonal. It was a different experience working for Costco. Although it was fun and good, the early morning 5AM shifts were not my favorite.
Pros
Cons
Super early shifts
If you like call centers, this place is perfect
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 10, 2015
Excellent place to work. Supervisors and team leaders willing to help and teach. Well managed. Good options for advancement. Decent benefits and good pay for call center work. You always get feedback, especially when you ask for it. Co-workers are more like teammates, no matter how much your work seems individual you can always get help or get questions answered.
Pros
Amazing staff and co-workers
Cons
Random lunch and break hours
productive and fun work place
Certified pharmacy clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 7, 2015
we are learning everyday with great members and staff to help us go forward
great place to start your career fun and fast paced environment
Busy, friendly and steady pace evironment
Front end assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 1, 2015
A typical day for a front-end assistant is you are helping a variety of cashier to pack items into members carts. Generally it is a pretty easy job the biggest thing is make sure to be nice and friendly to the members and make sure you always have boxes for them. So far I have learned how to balance my time with working two jobs. For the most part the management and co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is if you have to go but an item away and your not sure where it goes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the environment is calm and even when it is busy you don't feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
that schedules aren't e-mailed to you
Fun workplace with friendly workers.
night shift merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 25, 2015
A normal day would consist of facing shelves and making sure the aisles are clear of clutter. Once the store closes my duties would include re-stocking the shelves, moving around pallets and cleaning the aisles.
Costco Tire Centre
Tire Installer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABNovember 23, 2015
Awesome place to work, no room to better yourself there as automotive trade, apprenticeship. Managers were awesome, politics was starting to become a problem as because the company is always growing,
Pros
Wage

4.2