Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

busy busy busy!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Costco was a great place to work, always work to be done never a dull moment. there are plenty departments to work up to if qualified. people are friendly.
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2016
go to work and start stocking up items on different shelves, sometime i do help with the cash and also the carts outside. Job rotation is practiced a lot at Costco. Management is great, all the managers try their best to build a relationship with the employees.
co-workers are what make working at costco fun. they provide love and support while at the workplace. Hardest part of the job is when you're working outside pushing carts during the winter.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
few hours sometimes because of the many employees
fun place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 6, 2016
good place to work left to try and start my own company with a friend , and it is not all what it seems to be, costco is a great place to work
Like a factory job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Costco Peterborough is an overall decent workplace but it does have a lot of cons about it, management is not effective or reliable or even trustworthy, there is a lot of "drama" in Costco Peterborough, things there were not done to spec as they should have been and there seems to have been a lot of shortcuts made to make the job easier which was also not ok, even in full time positions you are not guaranteed a consistent schedule or will never know what is going to happen, they do not work with your "life" schedule and only want you to really show up and work and could care less about your life and how the hours could or are affecting you as a human being on your physically and emotional level!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
everything
Energetic, fun
Sales Associate, Majors and Hardlines (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 3, 2016
starts with stocking, learnt how to do sales, managment was very supportive,co workers were helpful. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers but Costco taught me how to handle it, most enjoyable part of the job is to help members with their technical questions
na
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Costco offers great people to work with there are also different positions always available too. Fast pace and lots of fun. Very pleasant members on a daily basis.
great place to work at
Stock Person/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
all the managers and employees were easy to get along with had a great experience working there it was also a great environment
Pros
good treated like gold
Cons
4 am starts and off by 10 am
Costco treats employees well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MarkhamFebruary 2, 2016
Great work environment. Costco provides great benefits for part timers as well as accommodates for student employees. Management frequently changes so expect a lot of inconsistency.
Productive and excellent workplace
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 28, 2016
Costco's typical day at work consisted of me helping customers with their grocery and also carrying loads of grocery. The management was very kind and my co-workers were very welcoming.
Enjoyable workplace, good people.
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONJanuary 27, 2016
If I ever needed a helping hand with a customer carry out or question there was always someone there to help. Very hard working people and excellent discounts.
Pros
Good staff parties and bbqs
Cons
Very very busy
Productive & fun loving work place
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Work load was perfectly balanaced among team mates and for fun we used to enjoy by watching Tv
Management & co-workers were quite helpful in resolving our problems and they always present for you when you need them.
Cashier, Packer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 27, 2016
It is a great place to work, I would recommend anyone to work there.
I enjoyed all of the jobs they got me to do. I liked the hours, my co-workers, my pay, my managers. I was sad I was only a seasonal worker. I hope to get rehired in the spring.
Pros
Great hours, great pay, close to home
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Meat Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Costco as a seasonal employee, I wished I could've fully stayed on as a part/full-time associate. The people I work with are generally all nice people, really easy to talk to, and make the workday a little better. Typically, I would start by organizing and condensing the meat counters, and running to the coolers to see what I can bring out to the main floor. And then asking if there's anything needed to be completed afterwards. I learned how to package meat, work with the machines, learning to label the different kinds of product, and basic sanitation skills. The management in my department are nothing short of amazing. They always gave me something to do, knew how to keep me busy, and overall they're nice people who are easy to come to if I ever needed help. To me, every thing is hard before it gets easy. I guess that the hardest thing was making new adjustments to different situations.
costco
Marchandisage, employé sur le planché (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, B2January 26, 2016
A typical day at work was not difficult but not easy at the same times.
My co-workers was helpful and nice with me. The hardest part was the time, every minute was important.
busy all the time
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  RockyviewJanuary 23, 2016
typical day of work was ensuring that the washrooms were kept clean as well as the floors thru out the store. Garbage's emptied displays dusted, liquor store and parking lot was kept up as well.
Pros
days flew by as I was always busy
Cons
inconsistant hours
busy fun environment
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
it was only a seasonal position and no one was kept on for a permanent position due to budget issues for that warehouse. those I worked with were very nice and environment was busy but positive
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
low starting pay, difficult to get on permanent position
I enjoyed working for Costco
Food Court Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood ParkJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoyed the fast paced environment. The shifts seemed to fly by because there was always something to do. I work well under pressure and am a quick learner.
Pros
the people
Cons
seasonal position
Very interesting job not keeping up with its own ethics
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONJanuary 19, 2016
As seasonal I enjoyed the job but few things did not add up with their culture: no matter how good is your feedback from managers, you need to have customers apply either for membership upgrade or master card by Capital one. You don't do it ( I challenge everybody to try after you ran in the store hundreds of times, packed tons of buggies, worked in bakery and helped the return on shelves) and you become almost useless. They have at least 10 people on the floor doing ONLY this: 10 cards a day maybe?
Anyway: competition among department managers. One day one manager said, with me close to him "What is f...wrong with those 2?" referring to 2 lady managers of the front end. (So much for respectful language)
The same manager uses to yell to the employees-not talking, even to people of other departments than his.
No FT and not sure how you get PT and worst of all, if you don't want to do something, you always find a way not to do it:I personally heard about that all the time and saw people succeeding in it. As a funny note they give you for free the basic membership but omit to tell you it will be invalidated when you finish your contract (which I can absolutely understand). So when you find out, they treat you like "Honey when you finish, the card is not good". What about asking to pay the fee and keep the card? They have destroyed mine: I guess they don't care about keeping or having one member at all, I guess they don't care about my kids, family, relatives and friends- all members.
So much for customer service, eh?
They don't even tell you when it's your last day:
  more... either you find out from the shifts (you are not there) or you have to ask.
So much for effective communication.
Pros
Very fast paced. Managers doing everything from sweeping to cashier.Sunday +$4. Never a dull moment.
Cons
No family life, some employees find a way to avoid certain tasks, conflicting managers, odd customer service approach, entitled customers (mostly)
costco is very nice place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the Costco members.All my co-workers are the best and even all my Managers.We all called each other a Costco family.I always help all my co-workers if they need anything.
Pros
There are a lots of pros like free lunches, good schedule etc etc..
Cons
i dont think if Costco has any cons...
cute family bussiness
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 19, 2016
very cute farm & nursery, family owned. its a local plant shop as well where prices are always negotiable. best summer job ever.

4.2