Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Costco
Night Shift (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCMay 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
-Good Wages
-Good Employees
-Great Benefits
-Management very sporadic and inconsistent
-Job Security depends on who you know
Productive and a good experience of a workplace and work culture
Front End Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: i got a free costco membership which gave me access to purchase any items sold by costco
Cons: odd hours of work, very few of the staff knew each other.
When you arrive you are to punch in and go to the supervisor to ask as to what you would be doing for that day ( unless specified in your timetable). The few things that I did learn is that patience, hard work are excellent virtues to have. The management team is very good with delegating and even helping the employees when help is needed. The hardest – more... part of the job would be when the managers asked me to go outside and push carts. – less
Beneficial and busy workplace at Costco Wholesale, Abbotsford
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 28, 2014
Pros: extra $4 pay on sundays and stat holidays
Cons: busy store till the end of day
1. A typical day at Costco is busy and hectic
2. I have learnt to be sharp in your approach
3. Having presence of mind while on job without any intervention of any other work stress
4. Everybody is cooperative and work as a team
5. Hardest part is when customer traffic is too high on Saturdays and Sundays, and packing has to be done quickly and efficiently – more... as well
6. Placing the go-back items at their original spot and meeting with different customers – less
play game
greeting people at door with flyer (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABApril 24, 2014
Pros: benefits.free lunch, good hours
Cons: no benefits, no hours
Even though the hardest day is happening at Costco and Like to create a friendly environment to client and staff. Take the day ask it go with a friendly smile and have a good day with it. Also learned from this day on.
Fun fast paced job
Caissier, Volume Shopper (Former Employee), 300 rue Bridge MontrealApril 22, 2014
This job was good but just wasn't for me as I like to use and take advantage of my intelligence and competences. I quit that job because I need a change of career.
Good Experience
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 16, 2014
If you haven't worked there for many years, then you won't ever fit in. The rate of pay needs to be re-evaluated.
The job itself was very fun.
Customer Service Represenative
Customer Service - Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 14, 2014
Cons: couldn't stay due to personal financial issues
a typical day * I would go around the store asking those who might not have initially signed up for an American Express card and asked if they would like to do it free of cost and telling them the benefits of doing so.

whatI learned * your first no doen't mean your not good at what you do, maybe they are just not interested

management * great person – more... to work with, truly understanding

co-workers * hard to adjust to, everyone has their own issue when
dealing with a type of position and life can get in the way

hardest part * was consistently walking around and not giving up and no on in the store, talking to same person I talk to previous week

most enoyable part * it is keeps one busy – less
great
Front-end Assistant (Former Employee), winnipegApril 5, 2014
great working environment
nice managers
nice co-workers
learned a lot
Review
Stocker/Merchandiser/Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 31, 2014
Working here is great! I love working in a fast pace environment and interacting with our members. I've learned a lot from working here. Merchandising, sales and stocking.
Steady enjoyable workplace
Meat Wrapper (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 17, 2014
It is a relaxed place to work, although not enough that a person can be lazy. People are always friendly and willing to jump in and help from other departments.
There is always room for advancement which is really nice, there is almost a constant opportunity to learn more and improve.
fun place to work, they treated employees well.
Maintenance/Front End (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches on special occassion
a typical day at work would be tidying up the store all day.
I learned to be efficient, and completed schedules on time.
management was good, what needed to be fixed were fixed.
Fast paced, product knowledge a must
Front End Attendant (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: standing for long periods of time, lots of politics
packed grocery carts, ran cash tills, ran for products for clients, helped clients load their purchases, product knowledge a must.
Worked Hard
Merchandising (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good wages
I always had a lot of work to do, and a lot of places I could go to experience different departments.

Unfortunately, working at Costco had to cease due to schooling and getting a job in the field I went to school for.
good hours and benefits. not so caring management.
Front end assistant (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good wages
Cons: small vacation allowance, rude management
their trainging is good, starting wage is higher then most places and even on part time im getting a lot of hours.they promote from within mostly so getting higher up in the company is easy. they do not give out enough vacation time though and most of the management at the one i work at does not care about whats going on in your personal life. i actually – more... had an incident at work where i was unable to work for a while aand got written up while dealing with it. the manager was very insensitive and rude to me. – less
Consistent work environment
customer service and other tasks (Current Employee), Montreal-ouest, QCMarch 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility, variation of tasks
Cons: they offer no references, seniority is not valued, location
The average day at work at Costco Wholesale demands patience and keen attention to detail. I have gotten the change to refine my communication skills as well as exercise my patience. The management team at Costco are strict yet understanding.My coworkers are mainly students. Costco's demands are not exigent, there is no circumstance presented within – more... the work criteria at Costco wholesale that I would argue to be hard or challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is the determination the staff has to maintain and reach new goals. The flexibility at Costco is also very enjoyable. – less
Great starter job
Merchandiser (Current Employee), VaughanMarch 1, 2014
Pros: finish early
Cons: low pay, management, not a lot of help, very physically demanding, almost no job advancement
Work 4AM, extremely non-stop heavy lifting entire shift. Not a lot of help.
fast passed job
A-scale Cashier, Tire Specialist, Member Service (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: no discounts fro employee
fun place to work with alot of people to gain experience and talent from, while working on your own self
Not a place to work if you need to make a bit of money
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: one break, little money, no benefits, annoying customers
Ok being a food/product demonstrator sucked!!!
Very borin, standing for long hours, we worked 8 hour day but only got one half hour break that's it.
Most of the times customers were very rude and didn't understand we were just giving out samples and providing info on products but were not experts on the products. We were just given a product that day – more... we were working then we read what is one the box or wrapper pick 3 benefits than set up and give samples.
Co workers were great, some had bad tempers but overall were nice people. There are mostly older ladies working there.
Now this isn't a place to work if you need money to save because the new people only get 1 or 2, sometimes 3 days out of the week to work. Not many days so not much money. – less
It's a job, not a career- overall an all-around job
Morning Stocker (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: pretty good pay, flexible with school
Cons: disorganized management, coworkers are lazy, breaks, no weekends off, hard to move up
I'm a morning Stocker, so basically I go in and stock whatever needs to get stocked at work. Being there for 1 year and 8 months has been interesting. Its nice that they care about their employees and pay you well and stuff, but I'm 21 and tend to work harder than a lot of people who have been there for years and are lazy by over-relying on you, and – more... I'm one of few people there going to school. Management is alright, but could use some work. It took them 2 months to replace someone from our department which just means more work especially since its physically demanding. Plus you basically have to give your life to them if you want to move up. For me, they never give you weekends off unless you book it off, which i understand is their policy but at the same time doesn't seem just if they can't "hire" people at times.

hardest part of the job is some of the people you work with but its a job, I don't go there to make friends, I just do what needs to get done. The most enjoyable part is some people there make you feel at home which is nice, and satisfaction to the work you do. – less
Not what I signed up for
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2014
- arrive at 5am then set up station. Rewrap meat from the day before and refill counters before opening. Feed the machine until 1pm.
-I learned there are jobs in this world that no one wants but need to be done
-management was not good. I showed up the first day for training along with 2 others but no one knew there was a training session. I was told – more... I was being hired for a part time position by my manager but worked 40hr/week.
- the hardest part was the repetitiveness of lifting trays of meat in and out of the machine. It was both monotonous and physically exhausting.
- the most enjoyable bart of the job was rushing to fill the counters before opening then feeling a sense of accomplishment once it was done. – less

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos