Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Energetic, fun
Sales Associate, Majors and Hardlines (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 3, 2016
starts with stocking, learnt how to do sales, managment was very supportive,co workers were helpful. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers but Costco taught me how to handle it, most enjoyable part of the job is to help members with their technical questions
Fun, Hard and cool
Cashier/ Packer (Permanent Part time) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: sometimes free snacks
Cons: enough hours
Working at Costco is fun and cool even if its hard and so busy.
All Managers and Supervisors are very kind and friendly. I am looking forward to have work again in Costco.
Great place to work long term.
Lead Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Ajax, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Almost everything
Cons: 4 AM start times suck!
The wages and benefits are second to none in a retail environment. Great staff and management, it's clear from the outset that management wants you to succeed.
Productive and fun workplace with a free Costco membership
Stock Person (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Sunday shift premium
Cons: 4:30 AM start time
I was only a seasonal employee and I was not pleased with the overall culture of the workplace and their hiring practices involved nepotism!
This is a great job wonderful people and busy business always something to do.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: I work with great people and I love my job.
Cons: The cons for my job is I work shifts that are not easy, I have been doing this for a year it has been very difficult, I also miss my family, it is difficult being so far away from my family and friends
My general day would start at 4am I worked till 12:30pm I would be responsible to move stock around the store with the forklift, we had a policy that the forklift was not used during the time customers were shopping unless required for the remainder of my shift I would go and work in any department that required extra staff assistance.
Good place to work, just get on the right peoples' good side
Part time worker (Current Employee), GTA, ONApril 2, 2016
Pros: Varied mix of employees
Cons: Favouritism
Many different positions in varied departments, can always pick up extra hours. Very limited full time opportunities.
Early mornings, physical work, and good people
early morning stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2015
Pros: Nice people, physical work
Cons: Early wake ups, poor choice of radio station
Got to work at 4:00 or 5:00 AM. Worked until 12:00 or 10:00 (or 1:00 PM if I had a tire shop shift), depending on when I started. Spent 5 hours stocking pallets with merchandise, often on my own since my team was split among a large area. After 10:00 I would either box groceries for customers or I would move to the tire shop. Busy shifts I'd be balancing and swapping seasonal tires, dead shifts I'd be cleaning equipment.
short term
SEASONAL STOCK AND MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
costco was a great place to be with friendly staff and members, i am happy for my time there although i was seasonal i appreciated the time i did work for the company and would be happy to come back when ever the need arose
great place too work
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: free membership
Cons: far to drive from the valley everyday
it gave me great work ethics also it was a busy day at times but was also a great place to work as the people I worked with were very nice and they helped a lot when I had qestions about something .
Enjoyed my time with costco.
Front End/ Parking lot (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 24, 2016
Pros: Free food in luch room.
Cons: Short staff in gathering carts.
Always learning something new everyday, great co-workers. The hardest thing about the job was lifting heavier items alone. Mangers are very good to work with.
productive and fun work place
Certified pharmacy clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 7, 2015
we are learning everyday with great members and staff to help us go forward
great place to start your career fun and fast paced environment
busy fun environment
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: positive work enviroment
Cons: low starting pay, difficult to get on permanent position
it was only a seasonal position and no one was kept on for a permanent position due to budget issues for that warehouse. those I worked with were very nice and environment was busy but positive
On the fence...
Boxer (Former Employee), Red DeerMay 16, 2015
Pros: A few very awesome people
Cons: Lack of positive reinforcement
On the fence as to making it through three month probation. 99% of fellow employees are great, always a few in the bunch that are rude, petty & unhelpful. Management is confusing in the sense of moods and too many chiefs. Aspiring management is very moody and power hungry with very little tact. Training is quick, heaven forbid if you forget something. Also confusing is when training for other aspects of job come into play even after asking management. Sometimes get the feeling that you are just there to do three months then let you go, very little positive reinforcement from management. Will see how this plays out. If a person can make it past probation, seems like an ok place for future advancement.
COSTCO day by day
Marchandiseur (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: finish early
Cons: starting hours are to early in the morning
Shift starts at 4:30am or 5am depending on the job, stock up merchandise, adjusting pallets, making the product look good and presentable for the members. After opening head straight to the cash to help bag members groceries.
Productive experience in marketing and merchandising.
Front End Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, work environment.
Cons: working outside sometimes.
It was very high-pace working required a lot of physical activity, but it wasn't a problem for me. I liked to deal with customers, co-workers. Only one thing was really bothering me when some of our managers sent me to do works not connected with customer service at all, such as weeding and sweeping outside. By the way, I wasn't warned about any possibility of these duties-activities during hiring process. The most enjoyable part of the job was marketing when I was convincing Costco's members to switch they membership cards to new more beneficial for them. Because of this I improved significantly my customer service skill.
ok place to work
Sorter (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2016
Pros: finish working during the day
Cons: had to get up early
a typical day at work would included sorting boxes onto various sikds. it was a pleasure working with some and a nightmare working with many
fun place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: worked weekends
Everyone is pretty easy going and friendly. The managers are patient and friendly and the people I worked with made my job a lot easier. In terms of being a student this place is great to work at.
Learned a lot of skills , such as managegin Cash
CASHIER (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 16, 2016
Pros: N/A
Cons: You have to work outside, day in day out, sometimes of the year
Learn a lot about :
Customer service
Managing Cash
House keeping skills
Overall a good experience , but it cloud have been better.
Cashier, Packer (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Great hours, great pay, close to home
It is a great place to work, I would recommend anyone to work there.
I enjoyed all of the jobs they got me to do. I liked the hours, my co-workers, my pay, my managers. I was sad I was only a seasonal worker. I hope to get rehired in the spring.
its good
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 9, 2016
Pros: friendly enviornment
Cons: short hours
I learned to talk to people professionally . I could talk to people freely which Costco environment taught me this thing.
I am working for flowers so I do work by myself only
I love my job.