Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Fun place and good people
Internal Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 January 2017
Good pay. Good management. Good Customers. Positive environment. Good benefits. Excellent management. Clean and safe place to work. A lot of fun. Would highly recommend it.
Good place to work.
Journalier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC22 January 2017
The people were friendly and nice, the management was good,the job was hard but we enjoyed doing it, the team was great there.I started my company so i had to quit my job.
Productive Workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC21 January 2017
Working in the pharmacy there were some people who truly did not want to be there and made it a toxic work environment. But when those select few were not there work was great and the days went by very fast and fellow employees are very social.
Managment dismissive
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Canada20 January 2017
Yes it is fun working there, have a blast doing cleaning. That said if you have problems and go to mangment you will quickly learn that their open door poicy isnt so open. Quick to defend their own (managment) no support or understanding just perform!
Pros
coworkers
Cons
managment
good place
service assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 January 2017
good place to work, always busy, benefits available to part time employees, have nice xmas party diverse job force, enjoyed my manager and job mates, met lots of nice people,
Demanding but good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 January 2017
Hard work, but generally good people. Management was generally there for you when you needed there help. The early hour shift can be killer though (3/4 Am start time)
Fast paced work environment, co-workers and senior professionals are very helpful and knowledgable.
MARKETING ASSOCIATE (INTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 January 2017
I usually working on weekends due to my classes and other activities on weekdays. I started my day at the membership counter, attended department meetings and performing all over the week to complete the targets. Best part was the customer interaction. I am now more punctual, a good listener, and excellent problem solver.
Pros
Benefits and attractive salary
Cons
located outside the city
Productive and fun. Well established and organized.
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 January 2017
I loved the employment opportunity I had with Costco as a Seasonal staff member from Oct. '16 - Dec. '16.
Management has an open door policy and they are always approachable. I love working with the public. I would return there without doubt if I were given the opportunity. (Kitchener Store)
Pros
Staff, Management
Cons
Heavy lifting for long stretches of time.
Fast pace but fun work place
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC15 January 2017
Although the beat you have to follow is very fast, it's easy to fall into a rhythm during a shift. The coworkers are all incredibly nice and helpful, while the management can seem a bit frigid and occasionally biased. Would not recommend if you're a student as the hours aren't incredibly flexible.
Pros
Free Membership Card, very good salary, friendly coworkers
Cons
Long hours, cold management
Learning curve
Member Service Assist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
The job overall was a learning curve. Learning how to deal with customers who are not always nice and with shifts that varied from day to day. I have to say it was never a dull moment but it definitely opened my eyes to the fact that no job is perfect.
Sample food or other items from Costco Pwd on unpaid breakes only
Bakery/SSOP's (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 January 2017
* a typical day at work
- Well it's hard work it pays of at the end of the day when it is said and done

* what you learned
- To work around the others to avoid interference with your cleaning and their work and be collaborative team player with other duties responsibilities and etc...

* management
- Very well run place, looking after their employees needs as well as their customers

* your co-workers
- Most of your co-workers are helpful and understanding people are great to work with

* the hardest part of the job
- At times removing stubborn hardened flour as well as stains from the ovens and racks

* the most enjoyable part of the job
- When the work gets done and the smiles you get from the bakery manager and the management. Also sometimes when you assist customers needs as well
Pros
Very good pay. sometimes in the cafeteria free buffets
Cons
Seasonal
Great Company
Front End Assistant (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Great Company to work for. Very nice compensation. I wish I could work there full-time. Management at my location was awesome! They trained me to cash in a few weeks after I started. Initially I was hired as a packer.
Productive and good workplace environment
Bilingual Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2017
It was a very good first experience in Call centre but what I liked is the similarity with the administrative job. Day at work was very busy, no time to answer private calls; co-workers were very friendly; job itself very demanding in terms of patience and accuracy.
Amazing place to work for.
Front End Packer/Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS4 January 2017
Costco was an amazing place to work for and I would recommend it to anybody. They have amazing pay raise opportunities, they pay 100 dollars a year for shoe vouchers, give away free turkeys at Christmas and give steady raises based on hours worked. They treat their employees well and are extremely fair to long-term employees regarding time off. An employee can earn up to 5 weeks vacation, depending on how long they have been working for the company, and make up to 25.00 an hour without becoming a manager. Costco also gives its employees a free executive membership, which lets them earn back on their purchases at the warehouse. There is also a yearly bonus for long-term employees.
Pros
Amazing staff, discounts, pay raises, yearly bonus
Cons
Too much gossip between managers and co workers, not enough managerial boundaries
fun environment where hard work and dedication are recognized
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
early mornings for stockers are easy to get used to, the workers and management are helpful and fair. good hard work was always recognized and praised. fast paced work means that as you are rarely working in the vicinity of others it is hard to get to know others on a personal level.
Pros
good and fair management, flexible shifts.
Cons
early mornings, short shifts
Faced paced place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
I was seasonal employee. I worked whatever they asked and whatever hours were assigned to me. I was on time and did productive work. Co-workers are very friendly and managers were satisfied with my work.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No one says that I am no longer working there, just didn't have my schedule and didn't go to work anymore
great place to work
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2017
steady and secure job. nothing out of the ordinary , but great benefits. people are usually great as well. management is proactive on individual success along with the warehouse's success
Costco is a very good place to work
Merchandiser & Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 January 2017
I enjoy most facets of my job with Costco.

A typical day includes physical labor as I work as an early morning (5:00am) merchandiser. This means that I am one of the first people in every day and am responsible for getting the business ready for open.

I have a management team that makes me feel part of a team. The majority of management I work with push me to do my best and promote my personal success. My co-workers are the best part of my job. They are genuinely good people who make my day even better.

The hardest part of my job can sometimes be the fast pace required on a daily basis. While most days are better than others, some require a great face lift on the way merchandise is presented due to the influx of new product or general wishes of management.
Pros
Free membership, benefits
Cons
Fast pace (occasionally), missed communication opportunities
Fast paced work environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 January 2017
Enjoyed working here. Had good hours that worked with my schedule and were easy going when I had schedule changes of my own. Also a nice group of people working there.
member service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2017
I loved working for costco. A diverse company that allows anyone to succeed and climb the corprate ladder. They allowed me to wait to be comfortable on cash which was nice knowing they cared about me as a human

4.2