Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Amazing workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Amazing environment. I enjoy working there. You can schedule any day(s) off as long as you are available. Sometime you have to rush to do your duties, but this is part of this job.
Pros
You can schedule any day
Cons
Can't work full time
very good company to work for
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON8 September 2016
costco has a great environment for employees and members, great open door policy can talk about work related or personal problems etc. management is great very understanding and listen to what you have to say.
Great place to work, fun inviting atmosphere
Sales Auditor, Expense back up (Current Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB27 May 2016
Costco is a great place to work with good advancement, they have competitive salary and benefits, however it is difficult to maintain a full time position working in administration at Costco. I have learned how to work in an office environment, how to pay bills, audit sales, and work in the vault. My co workers are very pleasant people, the hardest part of my job is having to help out on the front end and pack groceries. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to fix mistakes and solve problems.
Pros
great hours
Great Working Environment
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 September 2016
Excellent company to work with but you have to handle the stress that comes with everyday tasks especially when working within the pharmacy. above average pay when compared with other companies
Serious workplace with a fun environment that makes working enjoyable
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON2 June 2016
Customer satisfaction is huge and I feel Costco has helped me develop that skill to use on the job, and my daily life. The hardest part of the job would be the restocking at night but that is also the most enjoyable part. Costco teaches efficient work and time management, as well as verbal form of communication between members and employees
Great team enviroment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 August 2016
Extremely busy environment. Co-workers are friendly. Management supports staff. Communication could improve in regards to management roles and job functions within the warehouse.
Pros
schedule posted for 3 weeks
Cons
schedule always fluctuating
Very nice place to work
Finishing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 November 2016
i liked costco a lot. I learnt how to work fast in a factory environment. I learnt how to achieve goals through communication.
Pros
nice salary
Cons
might get bored of the repetition
Good hours, good people, good work
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 July 2016
I worked at Costco for the 2015/2016 winter season. My supervisors were all very nice and helpful towards me, ensuring that I knew what to do, and providing my with constructive criticism when needed in a friendly manner. My hours were flexible, and my pay was very good.
Pros
Flexible hours
Amazing
Fryer Cook/ server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
Working for Costco Calgary was an amazing job such culture amazing people and over just one big family everyone was so kind friendly even the odd times people would get lunch for every one, i worked with an amazing group of ladies in the kitchen and had fun every day of work the management was so great always had such great laughs with my boss, a typical day would be fast pace and crazy such is fast food, hardest part of this job was the customers some people just got so impatient and it was hard to deal with at first but overcoming that wasn't so hard to do putting on a smile can make just about anybodies day, sadly only a temporary job
Pros
Amazing people
Great people, safe environment, warm co-workers, healthy work.
Merchandising/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 August 2016
Really enjoy the people I work with. Costco is a family oriented business which balances lives needs. Great choice for families and good people who want to work safe and be healthy doing it.
bad management at this location
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2016
not very enjoyable no movement and no big support from any managers. good for people who like an easy unproductive job was let go for doing my job. managers know nothing about loss prevention
Pros
free samples
fun to make new friends
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 October 2016
Made new freinds and learned about meat. Got to share my knowledge with the customers and learned all about what costoc stands for with their customers.
Pros
close to home
fun work environment
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2016
packed with members and always a mess on the tables. i learned you need to work fast while helping members. management was very helpful when needed. helping the members find the things they need even if it isn't in clothing. i got to interact with new people everyday and got help from my co-workers when needed.
Pros
you get ice cream/ food
Cons
have to park all the way in the back
Fast paced work environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 January 2017
Enjoyed working here. Had good hours that worked with my schedule and were easy going when I had schedule changes of my own. Also a nice group of people working there.
Good place
Car technician/e-tester (Former Employee) –  Ottawa3 November 2016
It was a good job had a lot of fun there worked a lot and the people there were very nice. Also there were many advancements don't know what else to say
Pros
Got paid more to work sundays
Nice enviroment to work.
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
A great enviroment to work with. Always a busy place but challenging. Learned other works from other departments. Able to practice and enhance my customer service.
great work environment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB8 September 2016
Most shifts are between 5-8.5 hours long, good amount of break time, always learning something new, great co-workers always a pleasure to be around, almost all of the managers were very kind and friendly!
Salary is good, but work is hectic.
Food Demenstrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 June 2016
A typical day of work would be first of all, checking with PWD Manager, getting all the stuff need for the demonstration, setting up the table for the demonstration, following clean procedures, wearing gloves, apron, hair net, and uniform, marking down information on sheets, and talking about products.
top employers!
Front/End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
a typical day at work is fastpaced cashing and packing with the store jam packed everyday there is no lazying around. co workers are diverse, managers are fun.
hardest part of the job: HEAVY. to lift heavy things in fastpaced motions would deteriorate your body, but you can just apply to other departments from within. working in the front end in night shifts is having to push carts outside in a middle of a snow blizzard, you have no choice.

most enjoyable part is there's no room for boredom, free samples two fifteen minute paid coffeebreak in an eight hour shift. be one of the first people to know what's on sale for the next week.

I was a fulltime student when i worked in costco and they never allow a less than 5 shifts a week for highschool or upgrading students. they only have student particular shifts for college/university students.

once you've been hired the greater the probability to be rehired again.

Seniority culture is both a pro and a con.
Pros
seniority, benefits, good pay, many inside opportunities, opportunity to grow, could become a lifetime career
Cons
heavy, seniority
whole sale
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS31 December 2016
very friendly environment and my all Co- workers are really help full.it is all about the team work and learnt lot of team work.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
long shift and heavy lifting

4.2