Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

co-workers feel like family
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
I loved working there, learned a lot about the runnings of a professional organization. It was a great company and there is room for growth and promotion.
Fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
Good workplace good benefits and flexible scheduling management could be better overall a really good company to work for good home life and work life balance
This is a fast paced workplace and requires knowledge on product
Forklift Driver and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 May 2017
There is a lot of opportunity to grow your skills within the company, there are plenty of department to transfer to. The workplace is full of friendly and helping co-workers to help you with your experience.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Early hours
extremely fast paced, stressful and not very rewarding
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 May 2017
part time hours are anywhere from 25 hrs/week-40hrs/week.full time is 40 + hr/week. part time employees do not get benefits even working full time hours because the company doesn't want to promise the hours.
vacation hours can only be taken at certain times of the year.
extremely fast paced environment and very stressful.
from experience,management does not give much positive feedback. Always being pushed to do things you may or may not be comfortable doing.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, no benefits, stressful
raciest working environment
Program Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 May 2017
i quit because of racism treating, if you are visible minority costco is not good place fit you in. there is double standard for you and majority and there is not enough training too
it is ok
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
no issues in the workplace that I work at, the pay is alright.
learn the basic of handling and dealing with members on a daily basis. Sometimes there are a bit of politics going on but i try to stay out of it
fun workplace
AM Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 May 2017
- work environment is very stress free
- input valued
- great benefits
- great management
- great pay
- flexible hours and lots of potential departments you could choose to work for
Productive and rewarding
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2017
Costco is a secure and rewarding company that offers great member service and experience and opportunity for advancement for its employees building character, integrity and a solid work ethic
Pros
Challenging, secure and rewarding
Cons
Hectic work environment
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 May 2017
A typical day at Costco included getting your boots on and gathering any other equipment needed for that day. stocking any displays that needed it and facing any that did not, and lastly, clean up your section. The culture was relaxed, everyone worked hard but conversation while working was common. Management was great, they stepped in when needed and had good working relationships with their crew. The hardest part of the job was getting your muscles warmed up in the morning once that happened you are good to go for the rest of the day. The most enjoyable part was the conversations with my fellow employees.
agreable employeur
Service clerk, groceries packer and merchandising (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC16 May 2017
Travailler chez Costco est agréable. L'équipe est sympathique et les gérants respectent les disponibilités des employés et adapte très bien les horaires pour les étudiants.
Busy workplace with slow managers
FRONT END ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2017
It is constantly busy and fast paced but the work is simple. The managers are rude and expect you to work as hard as humanly possible. Co-workers are good.
Extremely busy environment
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 May 2017
I met lots of people there and over all enjoyed my time at Costco. However the management were not too understanding when it came to scheduling shifts. They required you give them your availability status but then would schedule you to work when you said you weren't available.
Cons
Were not understanding about when I was not available to work because of school.
Fun place to work with excellent pay and coworkers
Food court assistant (Former Employee) –  Food court12 May 2017
Costco paid well and had good managers for the most part. The job was extremely busy and always kept you working, it was fun but definitely not an easy job you could slack on.
Pros
Coworkers and lower level managers were fantastic
Cons
Store managers were dishonest
Welcoming and employee-orientated structure
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
As my first job, Costco was a positive experience. Initially I had expected a more rigid and a very labor-work orientated job, but my manager and supervisors always ensured my well-being and welcomed me into the work force at Costco.

During the day, I would help pack the merchandise into the carts for customers and shelf products. At the end of the day, I would organize carts and unwanted products.

I gained more confidence in greeting and welcoming people. Also, I became more punctual with getting ready for work on time.

The most difficult part of the job is when the lines at the cash registar till become very long since I would have to constantly help packing the merchandise. Since the lines were long, there was a pressure to get the job done faster.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer compliments me for my work.
Pros
Flexible work hours for students
Cons
Work can be hard during peak times
Good Compensation
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 May 2017
Great company to work for lots of opportunity. unable to continue to work while in school though but do have a program to come back to Costco during the summers
Member Service Specialist
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 May 2017
Good work load. Human Resources are very helpful. The only discount is free memberships. Sunday the wage is increased to an additional 4 dollars a hours.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Less hours
When the hours of operation are over, management completely changes during nightshift
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 May 2017
constantly micromanaged and under appreciated. Typical day is a nightshift consisting of stacking shelves and reorganizing or re-allocating palettes for the next day.
Costco
Front-end (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 May 2017
Excellent company to work for but it was only part-time, I was looking for full-time work. Staff and customers are great. Always clean and tidy. Friendly managers.
Good
Corporate Sales Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Worked there as a student. Pay was average. Management was great. They were extremely helpful and I got a chance to meet some wonderful people there!!
Great place to work!
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 May 2017
What everyone says about Costco is absolutely right. This is a great place to work and the management staff is amazing. Anyone would feel blessed to work there.
Pros
The staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2