Costco Wholesale
1,434 reviews

Costco Wholesale Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overall, a great place to work
Vault Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2014
Pros: great management, friendly environment, good wages/benefits
Cons: shift work, customer service
The managers are friendly and helpful, the employees are like a family, the wages and benefits are great, and on occasion they give us free food to reward a job well done. The only downsides are that you're working in customer service - so dealing with dumb people is a regular thing - and doing shift work, which makes maintaining a social life somewhat difficult.
Front End Assistant
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 6, 2014
Poor management
Not safe to approach managers as they reprimand instead of guiding

Poor atmosphere do to poor management

Excessive workload

Underpaid staff

They caused me to have a hernia
Productive and fun place to work.
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2014
Great place to work, friendly employees.

I enjoyed meeting people every day and offering them
the products to test.
Here co-workers and management keeps confidence and belief in you that what I am doing would be correct. This motivated me to give my 100%.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Courtenay, BCJune 3, 2014
Excellent place to work at.
Customer service focused
Front End Clerk, Packing (Former Employee), Richmond Hill , OntarioJune 3, 2014
Customer service and item return to shelves.
Position provided lots of interaction with customers and co workers.
Position was seasonal part time for the christmas holidays.
Very busy environment and requires multi tasking to be able to service the customers.
Okay workplace , strict front end manager
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary ABJune 3, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: bad hours, rules that restrict the efficiency of company
most of the employees and superiors are great to work with but some of the mangers are lacking common sense in providing a positive customer experience and more of following strict rules that the Costco wear house outlined. Hours that you ask for are never given they will example you ask for mornings hours they give you that for 3 days then put you back into a graveyard shift and your schedule is all over the place sometimes you have different working hours and days off
Productive, warehouse environment
Deli Clerk, Door Greeter, Food Court Attendant (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJune 2, 2014
Deli Clerk:

- Cashier

Door Greater:
- Welcome members
- Sign receipts
really good place to work. very friendly staff and managers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 1, 2014
Pros: snacks are very cheap for the workers
I learned lots of things in Costco, how to manage lots of customers at onetime. all the members are from different countries and we enjoy talking to each other. the job is not difficult at all.
Productive and friendly work environment
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Abbotsford,BCMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work is busy and involves a lot of customer interaction. It definitely teaches you how to work in a dynamic environment with ever changing customer needs. The management seems to be efficient coming in with great experience.

The hardest part is sometimes tiredness and boredom and the most enjoyable part is a friendly and productive work environment.
Experienced with Member communication and be positive at work place no matter what happen.
STOCKER (Former Employee), MISSISSAUGA, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: ya of course they were putting period and period cakes or fruits and even goodies ( chips, pop, ....)
Cons: -
working in COSTCO was great opportunity to get experience in work place, great people I worked with and wonderful hours.

I learned how to deal with members in business path, and also I got a good communication skills.

Management were amazing, they tough me different things, like; teaching me how to do work right in first place and to now the different between item and item.

the hardest was when I had to work in the early morning, in the cold to wait the bus, the first week was hard but then i used to it and I liked more than the evening time.

The most enjoyable was, when I used to help different department, includes Cashier, Meat, RC, and also working late at night was more than amazing to me.
busy
Deli Assistant (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABMay 20, 2014
busy preparing and packaging food,inventory, helping customers and cleaning
Costco
Front-End Cashier and Assistant (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONMay 19, 2014
Pros: good salary for a part time job as a student.
Cons: will often be on stand by and called in. not guaranteed consistant amount of hours each week.
It is a fast paced busy environment to work in. As a cashier you have to be work quickly and be as efficient as possible. You must have good communication and customer service skills when dealing with customers. The coworkers are great to work with and everyone is friendly and optimistic, which makes the job enjoyable. Managers are understanding and easy to talk to if you need any assistance. Hours are quite flexible and very week to week.
Excellent Co-workers in a Productive Workplace
MERCHANDIZING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), East Gwillimbury, OntarioMay 13, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers.
Cons: a lot of physical labour
I have made a lot of friends out of my co-workers and I have definitely enjoyed my time at Costco. The job I currently have, however, requires a lot of physical labour which is not always ideal. I also do not currently hold a full-time position at Costco and this experience will not help me further my career as I am looking to eventually get a job in social working. I would love a job which involves a lot more interaction with customers.
Amazing job for me at the time
Clerical Assistant and merchandiser (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 12, 2014
Very fun, only problem I had was that it was a contract job. I was told that the manager loved me and will call me back but he never did. Sucked but I didnt give up and found a new job.
Costco
Night Shift (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCMay 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
-Good Wages
-Good Employees
-Great Benefits
-Management very sporadic and inconsistent
-Job Security depends on who you know
Productive and a good experience of a workplace and work culture
Front End Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: i got a free costco membership which gave me access to purchase any items sold by costco
Cons: odd hours of work, very few of the staff knew each other.
When you arrive you are to punch in and go to the supervisor to ask as to what you would be doing for that day ( unless specified in your timetable). The few things that I did learn is that patience, hard work are excellent virtues to have. The management team is very good with delegating and even helping the employees when help is needed. The hardest part of the job would be when the managers asked me to go outside and push carts.
Beneficial and busy workplace at Costco Wholesale, Abbotsford
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 28, 2014
Pros: extra $4 pay on sundays and stat holidays
Cons: busy store till the end of day
1. A typical day at Costco is busy and hectic
2. I have learnt to be sharp in your approach
3. Having presence of mind while on job without any intervention of any other work stress
4. Everybody is cooperative and work as a team
5. Hardest part is when customer traffic is too high on Saturdays and Sundays, and packing has to be done quickly and efficiently as well
6. Placing the go-back items at their original spot and meeting with different customers
play game
greeting people at door with flyer (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABApril 24, 2014
Pros: benefits.free lunch, good hours
Cons: no benefits, no hours
Even though the hardest day is happening at Costco and Like to create a friendly environment to client and staff. Take the day ask it go with a friendly smile and have a good day with it. Also learned from this day on.
Fun fast paced job
Caissier, Volume Shopper (Former Employee), 300 rue Bridge MontrealApril 22, 2014
This job was good but just wasn't for me as I like to use and take advantage of my intelligence and competences. I quit that job because I need a change of career.
Good Experience
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 16, 2014
If you haven't worked there for many years, then you won't ever fit in. The rate of pay needs to be re-evaluated.
The job itself was very fun.

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos