Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Hard work, but fun.
Food Service Assistant - Food Court (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 23, 2016
I wake up early to get the kitchen ready of the never ending wave of customers. This part of Costco is definitely a faster paced part. No time for stopping. It certainly doesn't get boring there though, anything can happen and my co-workers were very nice and exciting.
Pros
Kept me active, never boring, good supervisor
Cons
A lot of hard work, lots of heavy lifting, never stops, could get too busy at times
Busy and productive workplace
Sorter / Service Assistant - Deli (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Work was typically very busy. I learned many different skills including freight and inventory management. Social environment was somewhat limited due to my shift times. Co-workers were generally engaged in work and worked together. The hardest part of my job was managing the incoming shipments and organizing the inventory. I did not enjoy this job.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Late hours
Easy, repetitive and a pleasant place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 12, 2016
Started off as a cashier assistant and my job was to work with the cashier to make the member's transaction as smooth as possible. I also sometimes had to assist with bringing the buggies back from the corrals. My overall time spent at Costco was great but I require daily challenges and change in a job therefore, I had to leave
Pros
Employees are the friendliest people I have ever worked with.
Cons
Hard to get full time.
Unprofessional
Pharmacy Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
Fast paced pharmacy , constantly short staffed. New comers so unwelcome. High work pressure, bossy pharmacy techs, unfriendly, always passing snarky remarks. Very unprofessional in a professional job site. :)
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Unprofessional job site
very good company to work for
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ONSeptember 8, 2016
costco has a great environment for employees and members, great open door policy can talk about work related or personal problems etc. management is great very understanding and listen to what you have to say.
Amazing workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2016
Amazing environment. I enjoy working there. You can schedule any day(s) off as long as you are available. Sometime you have to rush to do your duties, but this is part of this job.
Pros
You can schedule any day
Cons
Can't work full time
productive fun work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
I learned much about customer service and how to deal well with difficult customers and situations. Had a great team environment. Management was very approachable and understanding.
Pros
Strong team environment
Cons
Angry customers
Great Working Environment
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Excellent company to work with but you have to handle the stress that comes with everyday tasks especially when working within the pharmacy. above average pay when compared with other companies
great work environment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 8, 2016
Most shifts are between 5-8.5 hours long, good amount of break time, always learning something new, great co-workers always a pleasure to be around, almost all of the managers were very kind and friendly!
costco was fun but there was not enough hours.
Sampler (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 7, 2016
I loved giving out samples at COSTCO. While working there I consistently beat sales targets. Unfortunately vendor cancelling demos resulted in a lack of hours.
Pros
Great variety of lunches, enjoyable work
Cons
lack of hours
Wonderful staff. Very efficient company!
Customer service provision (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 5, 2016
I loved working at costco because it was very fast paced but it was relatively easy to cope due to the support of more experienced staff. Management was also very good.
A lot of fun & a good workout!
Warehouse/Inventory Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2016
Typical day at Costco (night shift) for me was rising at 3am biking to work for 4. Getting to work Signing in, Unloading pallets and other duties as instructed for about 6-8 hours a day. What I learned from this Job good team leadership and hard work goes a long way. The management was very good & I enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the Job was waking up everyone morning. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the people & seeing familiar faces within and out the store.
Pros
Product
Cons
Thee amount of people in the store
fun store
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2016
great people to work with, great hours and fun filled days. Store is clean and neat and members are great I enjoy making new friends and learning different areas of the store
Pros
food
Cons
concrete floors
It is a good place to work
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at Cosco its a good job work life and okay salary. I advanced fairly quickly. The job culture was okay. It was long hours and regress work but rewarding at the same time.
enjoyable fast paced enviroment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 27, 2015
I worked as a merchandiser, stocking pallets with items up to 90lbs. Was a very fast paced environment, stocked pallets with in a three minute time frame. I also helped out at the front end of the store with putting the customers stuff into the carts on average one customer every minute. Management was very good, they treated every employee equally. The Company had very good benefits, and put the customers and employees before anything, I enjoyed working with my co-workers and got along with everyone. I really liked how every sunday we got time and a half.
Pros
management, company treated employees very well
Cons
not enough hours, pay was low
Overall Great workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 28, 2016
Wonderful positive staff and management, I was responsible for the Maintenance department, keeping the warehouse clean. the most enjoyable part of my day was working with others and interacting with the members.
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 31, 2016
Have been there just over a year. Mgmt are great. Hard work trying to keep things neat and organized. Always on your toes trying to get things done.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Wish would have started sooner
Valuable experience gained from working at Costco
Front-end Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
Working at front-end in Costco Wholesale, allowed me to be gain valuable experience. I learned how to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, alone and with a team. As well as, better my communication skills that provided me to achieve good relations with everyone, including customers, employees and managers.
Pros
Lenient with time-off requests
Cons
Night shifts
Best merchandiser and wholesale store.
Stcokist (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BCMay 22, 2016
They are the best in their products and their service, they are dynamic in nature and well organised. Moreover they are having employee discounts and breaks. The management is cooperative and the work ethics is friendly.
Pros
breaks and meals sometimes
Cons
Negligible
Supportive and memorable company
Cashier and Packer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCAugust 3, 2016
-A great company all around
-Awesome people to work with
-Very fast paced environment