Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

it’s alright
Cashier/Cashier's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 June 2017
It’s a paycheque
It’s a way to pay bills
You make money so you can get by
At this job they pay you money
basically the only reason to work here is to get paid
Conditions générales chez costco wholesale
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC13 June 2017
Le service doit être rapide, souvent pas assez d'employés pour fournir à la demande, car le payroll est géré de près pour offrir aux membres les prix les plus bas.

Sinon, les salaires et avantages sociaux sont les plus élevés que je connaisse dans le marché du commerce au détail.

Excellentes opportunités d'avancement à l'interne, si l'employé ne veut pas compter le nombre d'heures qu'il consacre à la compagnie.

Horaire de jour/soir/fin de semaine; très difficile pour famille et vie de couple, si le partenaire travaille du lundi au vendredi.
Pros
Salaires élevés; excellents avantages sociaux
Cons
Jamais de congé les fin de semaines avec familles et amis, quarts de travail différents de semaine en semaine, pression sur les employés pour que le service soit rapide, manque de main-d'oeuvre
Good job all in all
Service employee + stocker (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC12 June 2017
Nothing special here, just work and when you hit brackets of hours complete you get raises. The ceiling for pay is rather high as a basic employee if you're there long enough so that more often than not enticed people to stay while I worked there.
Pros
Fun environment, fast pace
Cons
Weird hours, never have weekends off
bon environnement
Caissière(saisonnières) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 June 2017
rien a changer tout est parfait environnement superbe
Costco
Lunetière (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 June 2017
plus difficile étant de laver des lentilles avec des produits très forts pendant 8 à 9h par jour
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Produit chimique = dure pour la peau
incompetent managers
Front end/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 June 2017
Managers have no idea what they are doing. 16 managers and employees left for stress leave because of general managers. dont expect to have a life outside of work. customers treat you like garbage.
Costco
Cashier/ vault clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrhaven8 June 2017
Great place to work.
Management is great
Good place for advancement within the warehouse, or head office.
Job security is excellent
Good benefits for part time as well.
A place to learn discipline and working on a schedule
Morning Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making the store presentable to customers when the entered. This meant we had a limited time to complete our task. From this job I learned diligence and discipline and how to present a store to customers. The most difficult part of the job was working under a deadline constantly and dealing with heavy products.
Great pay and benefits.....
Forklift Operator, Cashier, Tire centre (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 June 2017
Great pay and benefits but the work environment is terrible. Management is always on your case about up selling and flow of scanned items on your till and many more. A lot of favouritism, I mean it is everywhere. As well as management does not back up their own employees and leave them paying for what happened to the customer even if its the customers fault. Will never work for them again. It is very stressful working there too, they are not considerate for their employees with health issues.
Pros
salary
Cons
Stressful, and frusterating
Awesome
Food Assistant (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB5 June 2017
Though the work can be tiring and brain-numbing, my coworkers and even management are like one big family. They are always open to hear your concerns or difficulties and willing to accomodate you.

As a student, they have treated me with great respect to my education and mental health. They provide an awesome student program that allows you to work year round without having to reapply in the summer.
Pros
family atmosphere, student plan
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement, not many vacation hours
Costco as Always
Work as PT Merchandiser/ Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 June 2017
Hard working team, that work together when there is a shortage on one area. Hardest part of job is to get all the correct information and details of product that customers demands most especially when that Beautiful Manager in our Department is not around. Enjoyable part of the job is when we have a 15 minute break where were able to get our smoke break.. then again later for 30 min. and the most exciting part..Lets go home!!! C U L8er....
Pros
tons of free, and Handsome Employee
Cons
Custumer is always right
Fast paced, never bored but hard work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2017
Good place to work, good benefits. The management is very flexible with you if you're flexible with them, although it's very unorganized and messy at times.
Great place of work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2017
A typical day is fast pace and demanding. With this job I have learned lots from adapting new skills to improving customer service relations. The culture is very warming treating employees as family. I would say the hardest part of the job is labour itself, after awhile the heavy lifting can take a toll, but on the bright side a gym membership isn't needed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Heavy lifting
Great learning experience
Early Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2017
- Very fast pace

- You learn a lot the time you are there if you are a seasonal or full time worker

- There are a lot room to grow in the field

- Friendly environment
Pros
Great hours and you get paid well
Cons
very tight deadlines if you aren't quick on your feet
decent place to work, long hours and great benifits
Hearing Centre Manager/Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2017
The work environment is generally good , however there are long work hours. The benefit package was exceptional. It does take along time to resolve issues involving other staff members. The management does try to relate with the employees but can seem to be "out of touch" with the hourly employees
Pros
great benifit package
Costco Stocker
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2017
My shift was from 4am-9am.
It was a rough time.
However, the pay was good and Costco treated me well.
Even though I worked in the warehouse in the early morning, Costco always valued that and thanked its staffed with a treat after every shift.
Pros
Great company and work environment
Cons
Rough hours
Awesome Coworkers, management left quite a bit to be desired
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2017
Overall, my time with Costco Wholesale was largely pleasant. I was hired on at a brand new warehouse, however, and because of that there were quite a few kinks to iron out. The schedule would be posted late, sometimes up to three or four days past the required time, I would be asked to come in early to open at 8 am at 9pm the night previous, and I didn't hold the warehouse director in very high regard due to her short temper and rather cold demeanor, thus defeating the purpose of Costco's 'open door' policy.

If you think retail is right for you, Costco is the place to be. If you prefer to take your skills outside of the retail environment, don't bother with it.
Fun place
Pharmacy Student (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 May 2017
staff is amazing everyone is willing to teach at all times
busy always so theres always something to do
work is always divided
lots of standing in one place
variety of all jobs
what was my work about.
Marchandiseur Soir (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC29 May 2017
My typical day at work was cleaning the products, making sure everything is in place and looking good and also making the changes that they asked on the floor. I learned a lot about customer service.
Fun staff
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2017
A typical day at work included keeping the merchandise area clean, helping customers locate merchandise, loading items into vehicles, etc... It was very much a team oriented company which gave me the opportunity to exercise working as part of a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2