Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Energetic, fun
Sales Associate, Majors and Hardlines (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 3, 2016
starts with stocking, learnt how to do sales, managment was very supportive,co workers were helpful. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers but Costco taught me how to handle it, most enjoyable part of the job is to help members with their technical questions
na
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Costco offers great people to work with there are also different positions always available too. Fast pace and lots of fun. Very pleasant members on a daily basis.
Costco treats employees well
Cashier (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 2, 2016
Great work environment. Costco provides great benefits for part timers as well as accommodates for student employees. Management frequently changes so expect a lot of inconsistency.
Productive and excellent workplace
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 28, 2016
Costco's typical day at work consisted of me helping customers with their grocery and also carrying loads of grocery. The management was very kind and my co-workers were very welcoming.
Enjoyable workplace, good people.
Merchandising (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Good staff parties and bbqs
Cons: Very very busy
If I ever needed a helping hand with a customer carry out or question there was always someone there to help. Very hard working people and excellent discounts.
Productive & fun loving work place
Stocker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Work load was perfectly balanaced among team mates and for fun we used to enjoy by watching Tv
Management & co-workers were quite helpful in resolving our problems and they always present for you when you need them.
Cashier, Packer (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Great hours, great pay, close to home
It is a great place to work, I would recommend anyone to work there.
I enjoyed all of the jobs they got me to do. I liked the hours, my co-workers, my pay, my managers. I was sad I was only a seasonal worker. I hope to get rehired in the spring.
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Meat Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Costco as a seasonal employee, I wished I could've fully stayed on as a part/full-time associate. The people I work with are generally all nice people, really easy to talk to, and make the workday a little better. Typically, I would start by organizing and condensing the meat counters, and running to the coolers to see what I can bring out to the main floor. And then asking if there's anything needed to be completed afterwards. I learned how to package meat, work with the machines, learning to label the different kinds of product, and basic sanitation skills. The management in my department are nothing short of amazing. They always gave me something to do, knew how to keep me busy, and overall they're nice people who are easy to come to if I ever needed help. To me, every thing is hard before it gets easy. I guess that the hardest thing was making new adjustments to different situations.
busy all the time
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), RockyviewJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: days flew by as I was always busy
Cons: inconsistant hours
typical day of work was ensuring that the washrooms were kept clean as well as the floors thru out the store. Garbage's emptied displays dusted, liquor store and parking lot was kept up as well.
busy fun environment
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: positive work enviroment
Cons: low starting pay, difficult to get on permanent position
it was only a seasonal position and no one was kept on for a permanent position due to budget issues for that warehouse. those I worked with were very nice and environment was busy but positive
cute family bussiness
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 19, 2016
very cute farm & nursery, family owned. its a local plant shop as well where prices are always negotiable. best summer job ever.
Co workers make the job
Payroll Administrator/ Receptionist (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 19, 2016
I dealt with people on a day to day basis, my co workers made the job worth going to everyday.

You dealt with general public everyday which made the job more difficult then need be some days.

Overall it was a good position and company
Excellent
Assistant to meat cutter (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Big Break room. Vending machines. Everyone's so nice.
Cons: There are none. This is a really good job in every aspect.
If i wasn't seasonal then I would be full time but it was the best job i could have ever worked. Even the part time employees get some benefits. Every staff member is extremely nice. Even the Supervisors are extremely pleasant to work for.
Costco was a great company to learn several aspects about how a business should operate efficiently
supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Atmosphere, benefits
Costco 's culture is very obvious to those who work there and also the consumers who visit the store. It enables a positive atmosphere and the connections shared with various employees encourages teamwork. They were very demanding in what they needed to be done but always made you feel like you are a part of the Costco family, and you always felts as if your work was essential to the success of the company.
Fun Workplace
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Premium on Sundays
It's a fast pace environment where we value our members. Workers are like family.After close is fun putting items away and being able to work with others.
Great Experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: atypical hours
Costco helped me to grow both as a professional as well as an individual. Working at Costco during my undergraduate career helped grow a variety of skills and helped me gain knowledge which allowed me to further succeed in school. Costco was very accepting of me as a student and allowed me to take time off when I needed to study for mid-terms as well as final exams.
Great place for personal growth
Seasonal Packer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: membership card
Cons: hard to get in
very supportive environment for new employees
flexible shifts
nice atmosphere to work in
very professional staff
clear instructions from the leaders/ supervisors
COSTCO day by day
Marchandiseur (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: finish early
Cons: starting hours are to early in the morning
Shift starts at 4:30am or 5am depending on the job, stock up merchandise, adjusting pallets, making the product look good and presentable for the members. After opening head straight to the cash to help bag members groceries.
Productive and fun workplace with a free Costco membership
Stock Person (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Sunday shift premium
Cons: 4:30 AM start time
I was only a seasonal employee and I was not pleased with the overall culture of the workplace and their hiring practices involved nepotism!
group work
PWD (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 6, 2016
PWD is the work somethings i did out of my zone nut im glad i choose to do it. it is always fun to be around demos table and explain about products with peoples. i enjoy working with DEMO teams and proud being one of the Demonstrations.
Headquarters