Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace with a free Costco membership
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 7, 2016
I was only a seasonal employee and I was not pleased with the overall culture of the workplace and their hiring practices involved nepotism!
Pros
Sunday shift premium
Cons
4:30 AM start time
My review on Costco
FRONT END ASSISTANT / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2015
My day started off with preparing the front end of the warehouse, by cleaning, counting money for tills and just the over prepare for members
I learned that working in this type of industry gives you a new and wide appreciation of people
I rather not comment on management at this time
My co workers were great, helpful, and a wonderful group to work with daily
The hardest part about working at Costco was trying to make everyone happy
however, the most enjoyable part was knowing that I could make everyone happy
Easy, repetitive and a pleasant place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 12, 2016
Started off as a cashier assistant and my job was to work with the cashier to make the member's transaction as smooth as possible. I also sometimes had to assist with bringing the buggies back from the corrals. My overall time spent at Costco was great but I require daily challenges and change in a job therefore, I had to leave
Pros
Employees are the friendliest people I have ever worked with.
Cons
Hard to get full time.
Busy and skill shaping environment.
Sample Distribution (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 2, 2015
• Distributed, prepared and cooked samples.
• Interacted with customers
• Utilizes customer service skills to effectively respond to inquiries and service requests
• Ensure that the necessary equipment and supplies are available for demonstrations.
• Followed all sanitation and hygiene procedures as trained
• Reported daily sales and commented cards to manager
• Gave samples to customers and explained the benefits of merchandise
• Advertised new foods and household products at Costco
Pros
Free sample testing
Cons
Standing in one place for over 8 hours with only 30 minutes break.
Overall a wonderfull place to work.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
Costco has some of the best employers I've had the pleasure working for. As a union setting, co-workers and members of seniority become a tight-knit community always looking out for one another's best interests. Once employed, hard workers can easily be promoted within and often become life-long employees.
Pros
Very friendly, open and understanding atmosphere.
Cons
Working evening shift often meant not being home until 11:00 pm.
Good culture, bad hours
Cashier/stocker/member service (Current Employee) –  EtobicokeAugust 19, 2015
The managers and co-workers are good people, and the benefits are impressive. The warehouse was always busy so it taught me how to balance my time. There is always work to be done, but managers are very understanding.
The hardest part of the job is hours. There is no set schedule, whether it be finishing an eight hour shift at noon, or finishing one at midnight. Can get difficult planning life around shifts.The best part of the job was talking and meeting all the different members. Hearing different stories is just fascinating.
Pros
Understanding managers
Cons
erratic hours
Costco Tire Centre
Tire Installer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABNovember 23, 2015
Awesome place to work, no room to better yourself there as automotive trade, apprenticeship. Managers were awesome, politics was starting to become a problem as because the company is always growing,
Pros
Wage
Hard work, but fun.
Food Service Assistant - Food Court (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 23, 2016
I wake up early to get the kitchen ready of the never ending wave of customers. This part of Costco is definitely a faster paced part. No time for stopping. It certainly doesn't get boring there though, anything can happen and my co-workers were very nice and exciting.
Pros
Kept me active, never boring, good supervisor
Cons
A lot of hard work, lots of heavy lifting, never stops, could get too busy at times
Valuable experience gained from working at Costco
Front-end Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
Working at front-end in Costco Wholesale, allowed me to be gain valuable experience. I learned how to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, alone and with a team. As well as, better my communication skills that provided me to achieve good relations with everyone, including customers, employees and managers.
Pros
Lenient with time-off requests
Cons
Night shifts
Easy to get along with staff, Management was great
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed this job a lot, staff was easy to get along with and Management really broke down how and what they expected. When i started at the warehouse it wasn't too popular but as time past more and more people would come in, because of this i learned how to function better in stressful situations. Fast and effectively.
Pros
Great hours and very flexible to my schedule
Excellent team oriented environment
Meat clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 4, 2015
I spend approx. one year working at Costco London North. I was hired shortly after my second interview and it was a very enjoyable working experience.

The management is top notch and everyone is always offering a helping hand. They train you thoroughly and effectively, you will learn a lot in the first week.

The salary and benefits are fantastic for new and existing employees. Everyone that works for costco is very happy to be there and recommends it to other people.

I would highly recommend Costco to anyone looking for a new career in a great environment.
Pros
pay, benefits, fellow employees
Cons
weekend hours, long periods standing
Working for Costco
Cook/Server (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
It was a fun amazing job, i got the chance to interact with people every day, always help when I could and people were very nice, my coworkers show initiative to help me produce work faster and better every day. overall working for costo was a great job.
Pros
3 breaks a day and great managment
Cons
Not enough people
Best Place to Work
FRONT END CASHIER (Current Employee) –  RockyviewAugust 7, 2015
I am working at Costco , Rockyview.Its a Best Place to work with supportive management and awesome work culture
I am learning a lot here like cash training , Safety measures, Customer Retention strategies. All the co workers are quite good.
I love Costco
Always loved coming in and greeting old clients as well as seeing new faces.
Executive Membership Desk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Id walk in, be greeted by guests, staff and had a warm welcoming feeling, like I left home to commute to home. The best work experience in terms of actually being face to face with clients in a face paced moving environment.
Pros
cheerful attitudes
Cons
limited to offers available to all clients .
Place to work hard.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 30, 2015
Good place to work at, can get repetitive when bagging products, everything was fine until I got fired for talking about my foot injury with manager. I thought I would get support not get fired.
Pros
Cheap Lunch and Pay Increase for Sundays
Cons
Yelling at work and getting fired for complaing about injury
Fast Paced & Diverse
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
While working at Costco, I learned how to deal with a variety of types of members in a face & efficient manner. It allowed me to get the job done in a more satisfied manner for the member since my excellent inter personal skills allowed me to gain their trust. Costco is always busy, so efficiency along with speed were key for a successful employment which made me a very quick learner & worker.
Long and Boring Days
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
I was employed at Costco as a full time night merchandiser; however, once I started working there I was only provided three shifts a week and some of which did not match my job description at all. I did not mind night merchandising but other jobs where not for me.
Pros
Breaks every two hours
Cons
Gave me less hours then promised
Productive and fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2015
This job was seasonal. It was a different experience working for Costco. Although it was fun and good, the early morning 5AM shifts were not my favorite.
Pros
Cons
Super early shifts
it was ok
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 10, 2016
Everyone was very positive and hard working but it was very unorganized in the morning, there was never a set schedule of what you have to do you just pick up whatever you think needs to be done if there are no managers around. all in all it was a positive but rushed environment
Pros
most days granted overtime when asked
Cons
still not enough hours
Costco Wholesale is a wonderful company to work for , besides I am always eager to work in Office Administration
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
I always enjoyed my work and job duties at the store, especially in the peak time of Christmas and Valentines, it was so much enthusiastic to work over such a big firm.
Pros
Optimistic and confident
Cons
quick decision maker

4.2