Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Good Company
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Barbecue Lunches
Cons: Short lunches
Working at Costco in the call centre was definitely a great job to improve my customer service skills. The team was great and it was easy to get along with everybody. The hardest part of the job was to learn all the programs when I got hired but once you are in it, it is very easy to manage.
Early mornings, physical work, and good people
early morning stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2015
Pros: Nice people, physical work
Cons: Early wake ups, poor choice of radio station
Got to work at 4:00 or 5:00 AM. Worked until 12:00 or 10:00 (or 1:00 PM if I had a tire shop shift), depending on when I started. Spent 5 hours stocking pallets with merchandise, often on my own since my team was split among a large area. After 10:00 I would either box groceries for customers or I would move to the tire shop. Busy shifts I'd be balancing and swapping seasonal tires, dead shifts I'd be cleaning equipment.
Fast paced and energy consuming job
Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Higher Wage
Cons: Early Morning Shifts
A typical day as a stocker started at 5 AM. Upon reaching the warehouse I was guided by my manager to perform tasks such as unwrapping merchandise and placing them in their respective slots. During these tasks, attention to detail was given to the placement of the product and rearranging other merchandise to increase visual appeal. One 15 minute coffee break was allowed. The difficulty of the task varied with each day as some days included all heavy items where others included a mix of both. Co-Workers were helpful people and everyone assisted each other when necessary.
Fast paced, Fun, Challenging, friendly
Stocker/Forklift (Former Employee), 1411 Warden AveOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Fast paced. Busy. Fun. Co workers. Able to learn new things. Some of the management.
Cons: Some of the management. Staying later to finish others unfinished work.
A typical day at work varied every day depending on departments. I learned lots of teamwork skills and various problem solving skills. The management at the beginning was very good. Things got done, everyone was happy; then management changed and people managed departments they've never worked before. Co-workers were always friendly, not always good but in a big place not everyone will be. The hardest part of the job was having to stay back and complete someone else's work when they left it unfinished. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you were always busy and had something to do.
Easy to get along with staff, Management was great
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Great hours and very flexible to my schedule
I enjoyed this job a lot, staff was easy to get along with and Management really broke down how and what they expected. When i started at the warehouse it wasn't too popular but as time past more and more people would come in, because of this i learned how to function better in stressful situations. Fast and effectively.
Enjoy working with the team members. Feel happy and gain good experience
Merchandizing clothing assistant (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Good benifits, allowance
Cons: Short lunch
Happy to working with team members in this company.
Lots of training.
Most of colleagues are very nice.
Good of teamwork
Hard work pays off in the end
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 5, 2015
Wages are low initially, but hard work and drive will show in advancement to higher levels. Must be ready for change with time sensitivity
very clean work space
cashier (Former Employee), Calgary/ABOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Costco membership
Worked as a cashier. I helped very many people everyday, Being polite and respectful is the key factor when dealing with a large amount of people. I was also apart of pirouetting the Capital One Mastercard. That included talking to over 100 people a day about what product was and how it could work for them, I and a few of my co-workers has to learn everything about it and work together to ensure are customers understood what it was.
Good place to work while in school.
Night Merchandiser (Stocker) -Full-time (Former Employee), St. AlbertSeptember 23, 2015
I initially enjoyed my job, however, after a few months I needed a change due to management changes and employee relations.
merchandiser
Merchandiser / Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Regina, SKSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: free Costco membership
Cons: was only seasonal
typical day at Costco started at 4 a.m. by stocking shelves with various supplies and products. Once the store was opened i would have to help customers if they needed it.
This is a great job wonderful people and busy business always something to do.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: I work with great people and I love my job.
Cons: The cons for my job is I work shifts that are not easy, I have been doing this for a year it has been very difficult, I also miss my family, it is difficult being so far away from my family and friends
My general day would start at 4am I worked till 12:30pm I would be responsible to move stock around the store with the forklift, we had a policy that the forklift was not used during the time customers were shopping unless required for the remainder of my shift I would go and work in any department that required extra staff assistance.
Fun fast pase environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Standing next to the cheese
I worked part time on the weekends, every time I would go there it was always a relaxed environment, nobody had drama, everyone would just make jokes through out the day. Very simple for the most part, although there are a few costumers that are not have the best day, but with joking co-workers it makes one more reluctant to charm the costumer to a more positive interaction.
My review on Costco
FRONT END ASSISTANT / CASHIER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2015
My day started off with preparing the front end of the warehouse, by cleaning, counting money for tills and just the over prepare for members
I learned that working in this type of industry gives you a new and wide appreciation of people
I rather not comment on management at this time
My co workers were great, helpful, and a wonderful group to work with daily
The hardest part about working at Costco was trying to make everyone happy
however, the most enjoyable part was knowing that I could make everyone happy
Fast paced envioroment
Manager (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Room to advance. Many departments to train and learn from. Friendly people to work with and it's always good to enjoy our customers
great place to work
Meat Wrapper (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: great working conditions
Cons: spotty hours
been at Costco for almost a year and so far so good. however the shifts all all over the place. close till 10pm then open at 6 then a mid day shift. its hard to plan around in advance the hours are not bad guaranteed 25 hours a week as a new hire but can get up to 40 going from department to department
fun fun fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 5, 2015
i like morning jobs like i work 7to11am part time. it is fun and nice to work there. the management is very good. this is a good part time job, i have enjoyed it. all people that i am working with are pretty nice.
A growing company with many opportunities
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), EdmontonSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Room for growth in the company
Cons: Senority: the longer you work there, the better hours you get
This company is a great work environment. There are great benefits. There are a variety of different cultures which is a nice change from all my other work environments. The members and the co-workers are the reason I walk in to work every morning. I can smile and have a good day because of them. The hardest part about the job would be being a front-end assistant like me. Pack members items into boxes, and if you do not have any boxes you would have to go find some. Management is really well and organized. Some managers may be too strict but they do not let you get away. They keep a close eye on everybody.
Costco - Customer Service Rep
Front End Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working here! Young staff that keeps you motivated to provide excellent customer service. Busy environment, transactions were timed.
i love this job
Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: work 5 days per week
Advice to Management
Allow the PT staff at 24/hours per week or so to work 4/6 hour shifts or 3/8 hour shifts rather than 4 and 5 hour shifts. it gets expensive for those who commute a long distance to work or have to cover day care
Busy and skill shaping environment.
Sample Distribution (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Free sample testing
Cons: Standing in one place for over 8 hours with only 30 minutes break.
• Distributed, prepared and cooked samples.
• Interacted with customers
• Utilizes customer service skills to effectively respond to inquiries and service requests
• Ensure that the necessary equipment and supplies are available for demonstrations.
• Followed all sanitation and hygiene procedures as trained
• Reported daily sales and commented cards to manager
• Gave samples to customers and explained the benefits of merchandise
• Advertised new foods and household products at Costco