Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Fun working there and nice people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2017
Worked hard, communicate,social,early person there before time sometimes. culture or the workplace i great. rude people and getting to meet new people
Monotonous
Photo Lab Clerk, and Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 April 2017
Simply put, standing at a cash register, assembly line service is neither challenging or rewarding.

Worked in three different departments, book store, which was a bit more rewarding. And other than cash, worked in price changes. This position was more rewarding as it required attention to detail.

The women I worked with in price changes were great, we were a small group, but we could depend on each other and there was great communication.

Very little opportunity at the time for women to advance towards management. That has of course since changed. Left because I took the buy out that was being offered.
Pros
Buy out
Cons
Very tedious
adventures of costco
Part-Time / Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2017
The most comfortable idea of working with and for Costco Wholesale is that every passing day will always be a little different then the last. keeping you on your toes and further allowing you to learn and grow in an department that you have been assigned to, or are looking to work in.
Pros
Meeting many people, occasional free lunches
Friendly staff, busy atmosphere
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 April 2017
Staff are very friendly and helpful. Customers can feel quite entitled because they pay for a membership but Costco policy generally keeps them happy enough to avoid causing too much trouble.
Great job to jumpstart a career
Gérante des opérations / Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC1 April 2017
If you are a dynamic young career enthusiast, Costco management is for you. You work long hours, a minimum of 10 to 12 hours, and always have work to do. However, adrenaline can only last for so long, after a while it catches up to you. One thing is for sure, there is never a dull moment and the tasks vary every day. There are some constants such as monitoring payroll, scheduling, pushing sales, merchandising appropriately to support the company's culture, communicating with buyers, training employees, supervisors and assistant managers, and improving overall efficiency in the warehouse on a daily basis.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long hours and personal sacrifices
Great experience.
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 April 2017
Learned a lot about customer service. Got great cashier experience and the staff was very warm and friendly. The hardest part was meeting sales quotas on executive membership upgrades.
Productive and fun workplace
Morning Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB31 March 2017
Management team works well together and makes you feel as though you belong. All employees work well together and create a lasting relationship within the workplace.
Meat cutter
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB30 March 2017
Im hard worker they follow safety always honest and good worker.i make it sure to be serving a costumer right.i know that costco is good wholesale store.
Alright place to work. co-workers are nice, management needs a bit of work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON30 March 2017
Usually worked from 3 - 11:30. You are busy all the time which is nice because your day goes by fast. most enjoyable part of the job was that there was usually food in the staff room for people to have. hardest part of the job was having to put up with the lack of logic in some tasks. workplace culture was alright. co-workers are (for the most part) awesome people to work with. Management...could use some work.
Pros
great people to work with, lots of food in staff room
Cons
management, understaffed
Decent Wages, Great Benefits, Stressful Work Environment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 March 2017
It's a decent place to work and the company as a whole is very reputable. Unfortunately it's usually part-time 20-30 hours fluctuating, and the management was a clique that poorly schedules day, night, day, night in every week which was too difficult to handle. The store is massive as well so you really have to prepare for too many customers, too much walking, and dodging forklifts right away.

If you're the kind of person that does like a fast paced environment I would recommend it, the forklift guys are good at their job, just stay out of their way.
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2017
Face pace in environment is a typical day at Costco . My most enjoyable time at work is pleasing and satisfying the customer and make sure their needs are meet .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Have to work weekends
The co-workers is what made it bearable
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 March 2017
The customers were rude on some occasions. The benefits you received was nice. If you needed a day off on one of your scheduled days off you would have to make up for time lost.
Review of company
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
On Dec.21,2016 My boss told me that because the production volume is down, they are laying people off. I was one of the people that they chose to lay off. However they told me that my last day would be dec.22,2016 the day after they had informed me. My contact would have been finished Jan.01.2017. I wish they would have given me more warning so that I could have figured something out as a back up. But because they only gave me 1 day warning, I did not have a back up plan and so I was forced to borrow money from family and apply for EI.

Costco is a good place to work but some of the way they do things is not right.
Fun workplace with TV in lunchroom.
Front End Assistant/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON26 March 2017
Great company to work for have learned so much. Many job opportunities and lots of room for advancement in career. Great benefits and very competitive wages.
Benefits
Cons
Weekends
Fast-pace environment
Part-time front-end cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 March 2017
A typical day at Costco is very busy and you are always moving around. Whether your packing cart, on cash, returning items to the shelves, or stocking shelves. I have learned to work with others as well as work quickly and efficiently. Everyone is very friendly, making Costco an enjoyable place to work.
Good summer job with nice employers
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 March 2017
Costco is a very busy store, constantly working to cater to customer's needs. Very rarely could take breaks, definitely overwhelming at times. Overall good for a summer job.
Not the best place
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC25 March 2017
One's work isn't based on how they actual work, but rather on how they present themselves to the higher ups. Rewards are given only if you "suck up" and stay in your "lane" so to speak.
Welcoming workplace with friendly and helpful coworkers
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 March 2017
Costco Wholesale was extremely welcoming as a new employee. Shift schedules are posted long in advance and my supervisors are understanding and approachable. I feel very lucky to have had the privilege to work alongside so many kind and friendly people.
Pros
Able to interact with friendly and helpful people.
Cons
Moving heavy objects can occasionally be tiring.
Fast paced work envoirnment with friendly employees
Morning stalker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab24 March 2017
Be prepared to work, easy to make friends and managers are easily approachable and helpful. Room for growth in a number of different positions, great benefits.
Good Structured Workplace with good pay.
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2017
Good company to work for, good pay, and good hours. Nice coworkers, happy customers, fair priced products and goods. Lots of parking and a big employee lounge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2