Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

hard work but great pay
Merchandising Stocker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 September 2017
Costco is a very go go go place, so the day passes quickly. Coworkers are great and management is usually okay. There is a ton of opportunity to go up in the company, which is great for ambitious people, but you can also stay where you are comfortable.
Pros
flexible hours, free membership, benefits
Cons
very busy, hard work
Lovely people
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC28 September 2017
the staff are very kind and understanding. it is hard work but you make decent money and you get to learn a lot. There are great benefits and people who work at costco usually stay at costco for a long time.
Can be an enjoyable workplace
AM Merch/ RTV Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 September 2017
I enjoy working with the people there, and dealing with the customers whether pleasant or not. Always have a smile on your face, in any situation. Enjoy working and listening to the radio while working because it makes the time go by fast. Only downfall is not really any chances for full time position because they give full time positions to employees based on senority. When it is slow, they send people home, and don't allow the extra hours if someone is trying to pick up an 8 hour shift
Cons
short shifts, not much chance for full time due to senority
Fast facing,working with different people
PM Merch Costco (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 September 2017
This company should have career advancement ,they should give opportunity to newly people who worked with them not just only to their long time employee.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Should always work long hours
Managment can be difficult to get along with
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 September 2017
Employees that have been with Costco for many years tend to be abrasive and unhelpful to new colleagues. Clique would be a good word to describe the atmosphere.
Pros
Big staff
Cons
Walk throughs
Fun with alot of friendly faces
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
I learned that Costco is a very diverse, social work environment. I The harder part depends on which department and position of the worker, in regards to shift start and or end. Morning Merchandiser start as early as 05:00, as does high season in Tire Centre. Evening Merchandising can end as late as 23:30.
Fun workplace, very accomadative of schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB26 September 2017
A typical day at work you signed in then checked in with Management to see what jobs needed done, if there was no management available at the current time you would find something to do around the area of your department until someone was around. The staff were friendly and everyone was very accomodating.
Cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 September 2017
speedy flow of customers through a fast paced work place. meeting the needs of the members while being flexible and able to complete a multitude of tasks
Pros
highly energenic pace
Cons
not fulltime
Not good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 September 2017
Not the best place, manager didn't like me, I did whatever he asked always came in early, came in whenever he needed help, used me and then fired me. some of the other managers were nice people but this guy was stressed and couldn't handle it and didn't wan't to help me work and go to school .
Great Company to work for!
Front End Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Merivale, ON24 September 2017
Never gets dull working for Costco and hard work is usually rewarded, once you get in. Lots of variety in day-to-day tasks! Great group of co-workers with training provided. Could take a while to advance to full time position.
Pros
Fast based and lots of customer interaction.
Cons
Could take a long time to obtain full time status
Good company culture
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2017
Costco's culture is centered around the employees. Managers take performance reviews seriously and they provide valuable feedback. Salaries work headquarter jobs are low for entry level, but grow quickly.
Pros
Cons
Low entry-level salaries
productive, fun, multicultural workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2017
i loved working at costco, i have moved around many departments and i like all of them, it is a fun multicultural workplace. i have learned a lot and would love to go work there again
Pros
free membership
Fast paced work environment with pressure driven management.
everything I did here was customer service (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC20 September 2017
In the 9 years I worked here I worked my way up to Forklift Driver. I was a very hard worker and improved many aspects of the job. I developed staff and exceeded expectations; very little recognition and positive reinforcement was given.
Pros
Reasonable pay and good benefits
Cons
Management is not very good at recognized and appreciated staff
fun place to work
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
great place as a part-time job. good hours. great management team. great company to work for if you want a friendly work environment. great people at each location.
Great for those that need security and want the ability to advance with great benefits and a decent job culture
Sales Representative & Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2017
*A typical day at work is about helping members and completing your daily tasks
*Learned how to deal with every type of person and how to manage time effectively and efficiently
*Management is accommodating when they can be
*People are friendly and respectful
*Patience is a virtue
*Meeting new people
Good place for entry level jobs with an steady increase in wages($13-25/hr)
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta17 September 2017
Costco offers a wide variety of entry level positions with the ability to change between the different jobs and locations throughout the world. Salary is competitive and excels industry average after a few years of service.
My experience
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2017
It was the best job I had but due to a family emergency I had to leave but one day I like to return. Working Sundays gave us bouns on our paychecks and I was given very good hours just being a part-timer.
Pros
Good money and good hours
Cons
Morning shifts
Hardwork
Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2017
This job pushes you to your limits and expects a lot from each employee. This job entitled me to hard work, but felt rewarding as Costco shows its appreciation to its employees.
Need to be fast
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 September 2017
you need to work fast and be able to have less than 24 hour notice with change of shift.
its member driven and it good to be a member if you have a big family
Pros
free member ship for employee and their spouse
Cons
heaving lifting
decent work place
Certified Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2017
It was a great job when it came to benefits and a retirement savings plan. but I did not like how as a tire tech I needed to do a bunch of other departments jobs as well. I did not realize this applying for the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2