Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Great Working Environment
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Excellent company to work with but you have to handle the stress that comes with everyday tasks especially when working within the pharmacy. above average pay when compared with other companies
great work environment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 8, 2016
Most shifts are between 5-8.5 hours long, good amount of break time, always learning something new, great co-workers always a pleasure to be around, almost all of the managers were very kind and friendly!
Enriching, overall good working conditions, but management issues and work/life balance not good
Service clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 3, 2016
It was an enriching experience, but the warehouse where I worked for clearly needs a more standardized management type. What I mean is (for example) that you could get different ways of seeing and applying the same procedures depending on who (among assistant-managers and supervisors) you would addressed the question or concern. It was a fun workplace at the beginning, but it is an energy consuming atmosphere, both in the psychological and the physical sense. The benefits (assurances, paid membership cards, higher salary than the minimum, etc.) were satisfying. Anyway, I am grateful for what I learned and the challenges that allowed me to improve my skills such as productivity, communication and autonomy.
Pros
well paid for the education required, students can work only during summer
Cons
working most of the times on week-ends, hard to settle vacations
Overall Great workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 28, 2016
Wonderful positive staff and management, I was responsible for the Maintenance department, keeping the warehouse clean. the most enjoyable part of my day was working with others and interacting with the members.
fun place to work at with lots of apportunities
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 3, 2016
I really enjoy working with my co workers and costumers, everyone's really friendly and helped each other out.
its a great place to learn and acquire new skills
all the departments work really well together.
Costco Wholesale is a wonderful company to work for , besides I am always eager to work in Office Administration
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
I always enjoyed my work and job duties at the store, especially in the peak time of Christmas and Valentines, it was so much enthusiastic to work over such a big firm.
Pros
Optimistic and confident
Cons
quick decision maker
Wonderful staff. Very efficient company!
Customer service provision (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 5, 2016
I loved working at costco because it was very fast paced but it was relatively easy to cope due to the support of more experienced staff. Management was also very good.
Long and Boring Days
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
I was employed at Costco as a full time night merchandiser; however, once I started working there I was only provided three shifts a week and some of which did not match my job description at all. I did not mind night merchandising but other jobs where not for me.
Pros
Breaks every two hours
Cons
Gave me less hours then promised
great training great people to work with and great management
Tire Installer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
This company is very good to work for, great training, great management, great benefits, good pay. people are good to work with. had good functioning equipment. company had very knowledgeable managers.
Pros
great health benifits
Fast Paced & Diverse
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
While working at Costco, I learned how to deal with a variety of types of members in a face & efficient manner. It allowed me to get the job done in a more satisfied manner for the member since my excellent inter personal skills allowed me to gain their trust. Costco is always busy, so efficiency along with speed were key for a successful employment which made me a very quick learner & worker.
Active and boisterous workplace.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
Costco is a great stable company to work for with amazing hardworking employees. There is constant work throughout the week and double the amount on weekends, which I thrive on. The management are a bit oppressive but they do try their best to have employment meetings often to better improve our working environment.

It takes a certain type for person to be able to work for a growing company like Costco. There are all types of people you will be dealing with on a day to day basis. I'm grateful for the opportunity of being able to work with different departments and gaining more knowledge of the workforce.

The only downfall is the heavy work labour occasionally due to the larger volume of goods sold. Aside from the hard labour, I take pleasure working with members and providing excellent customer service and I've also grown great professional relationships with the regular members.
fun store
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2016
great people to work with, great hours and fun filled days. Store is clean and neat and members are great I enjoy making new friends and learning different areas of the store
Pros
food
Cons
concrete floors
Busy and productive workplace
Sorter / Service Assistant - Deli (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Work was typically very busy. I learned many different skills including freight and inventory management. Social environment was somewhat limited due to my shift times. Co-workers were generally engaged in work and worked together. The hardest part of my job was managing the incoming shipments and organizing the inventory. I did not enjoy this job.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Late hours
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 31, 2016
Have been there just over a year. Mgmt are great. Hard work trying to keep things neat and organized. Always on your toes trying to get things done.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Wish would have started sooner
it was ok
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 10, 2016
Everyone was very positive and hard working but it was very unorganized in the morning, there was never a set schedule of what you have to do you just pick up whatever you think needs to be done if there are no managers around. all in all it was a positive but rushed environment
Pros
most days granted overtime when asked
Cons
still not enough hours
Food Court Assistant
Seasonal Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Great Pay, good holiday rate. Hard work especially in my branch because they say its the busiest costco in North America. Some Supervisor are nice, mine are not so. He's pretty decent but get upset too often for no good reason. Work at front end assistant is way easier!
Pros
Great pay for the job, decent benefit, probable room for advancement
Cons
Hard Work, Bad Supervisor, don't the best Customer
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2016
go to work and start stocking up items on different shelves, sometime i do help with the cash and also the carts outside. Job rotation is practiced a lot at Costco. Management is great, all the managers try their best to build a relationship with the employees.
co-workers are what make working at costco fun. they provide love and support while at the workplace. Hardest part of the job is when you're working outside pushing carts during the winter.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
few hours sometimes because of the many employees
Working for Costco
Cook/Server (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
It was a fun amazing job, i got the chance to interact with people every day, always help when I could and people were very nice, my coworkers show initiative to help me produce work faster and better every day. overall working for costo was a great job.
Pros
3 breaks a day and great managment
Cons
Not enough people
Overall pretty good
AM Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMay 28, 2016
My time at Costco has been generally pretty enjoyable. It's a job where you come to work, do your job then get to go home. it's a nice safe job that's fairly routine but has the odd wrench thrown in to keep your interest.
Costco Wholesale
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, ABMay 16, 2016
I mostly worked as a front end assistant which is the employee who bags the groceries and puts it in the cart. I would sometimes be put on to cash as a cashier, handled with angry customers, and provided customer service.

4.2