Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

When the hours of operation are over, management completely changes during nightshift
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 May 2017
constantly micromanaged and under appreciated. Typical day is a nightshift consisting of stacking shelves and reorganizing or re-allocating palettes for the next day.
Good
Corporate Sales Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Worked there as a student. Pay was average. Management was great. They were extremely helpful and I got a chance to meet some wonderful people there!!
Great place to work!
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 May 2017
What everyone says about Costco is absolutely right. This is a great place to work and the management staff is amazing. Anyone would feel blessed to work there.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Productive and fun place to woek
Morning Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 May 2017
Great place to work. wonderful people to work with, great opportunities. Fast paced with plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. Many chances to try something or somewhere new.
Great work environment
MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
I have worked at Costco since I was 18 years old and they have treated me so well! They strive to make you want to stay with the company as a career and there is always room to make advances within job titles within the warehouse.
Flexible and fun
Membership Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 May 2017
Great place to work, learned a lot about fast paced environments while ensuring excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job was the volume of members that would come in per day, but it was fairly easy to adapt to and it makes the days go by faster.
Restaurant (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC3 May 2017
Costco is a great place to work to and people are really kind. Everyone respects each others. The bosses really care for their employees. I recommend this place to everyone who can handle stress well.
Fast paced and fun workplace with free samples for customers
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Lakes, QLD, Australia1 May 2017
A typical day at Costco involved many tasks with cakes! Icing and decorating cakes from start to finish. I learned different icing techniques, how to be efficient, and how I can build upon my customer service skills. The workplace atmosphere was awesome and welcoming! The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customer's happy faces.
Pros
Great Salary, Excellent Management
Cons
Shortage of hours after New Year's Eve
Great place to work, great benefits but managers suck!
Frond End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 May 2017
Overall, Costco is a very good company to work for (the pay is great, benefits are even better) but most managers play favourites as many people are related at this warehouse. Also, not the best hours starting out as you'd have to stay until 11-11:30pm! Takes long to move up in the company as they go by seniority so anyone in the warehouse can apply to any job, even if they're not qualified.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Not the best hours, promoted by seniority
Student's Heaven
Food Server/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 April 2017
Worked at Costco on and off during my years of university, they always made sure I completed my minimum hour requirements while helping me balance school life and work life. Never felt pressured or like I was being an annoyance when putting school first.
Pros
Flexible hours, god pay, understanding management
Cons
busy work place
Fast paced environment, inflexible scheduling
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC30 April 2017
Most days were fast paced. Scheduling was frequently inflexible, understandably due to nature of employment (members of the team with more seniority filled earlier shifts with junior members getting short or late-hour shifts). Management, though friendly, was often too busy to immediately discus employee concerns. High turn-over of staff (especially during seasonal hiring) led to few meaningful interactions between staff.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Cement flooring was hard on joints/back.
Great place to work!
Centers Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB28 April 2017
I enjoyed my stay at Costco very much, fellow employees were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was very fitting. I worked 5 am to 10 am everyday, moving and sorting merchandise, learned how to manage time effectively and work as a big team. Managers were fantastic people, workplace culture was very teamwork driven.

Hardest part of the job would be to make sure you are timely as doors open at set times, you must be done your job before the time expires.

Most enjoyable part of the job were the people, everyone was very nice, and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Little room for advancement
long shifts and decent pay
Night clerk - seasonal (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 April 2017
when i worked at costco i stocked the grocery aisles and helped the cashiers with packing the customers groceries. The hardest part of the job is waking up at 2 am.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 April 2017
I enjoyed working in the Costco environment because customers are usually very polite, as the employees are. Some of the management team can make the workday quite stressful, but overall it is a good place to work.
Pros
Great employees, usually 8 hour shifts
Cons
Hard to get full-time, some managers are quit rude
High energy and demanding
Tire Technician/Night Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON25 April 2017
Costco is a very work friendly environment, with many diverse staff members. Work was great until the hours got cut dramatically, and left many short of working hours. I felt like the work ethic of a few other employees were lacking in the department(s) and not much was done in that sense because management was so busy they couldn't be watching over the employees. I feel like I was not appreciated once the season was over, although I did switch departments to help out and picked up hours when employees didn't show up.
Pros
Breaks were high priority, friendly people, many job positions
Cons
unclear instructions, lack of managers present
Good Place to start
Major Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 April 2017
A good place for part time job. Pay more than other companies comparatively. Friendly environment and good facilities for part timers. Good for school going adults and kids
Productive and employees treat you like family
Lead manager/Customer Service sales (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 April 2017
Costco is quite the popular warehouse for merchandise and can get very crowded most times. It's requires constant focus to stay ahead of tasks and production is always being made to avoid any complaints.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Standing for a few hours can damage your body
helping cashier
Mississauga, On Packer/Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
i like working with others and returning things to there places helping to the stuff people buy in the cart and check if they need any help taking them to there cars
Great Place to Work
Merchandising, member relations, till assist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2017
I enjoy working at Costco. I work with a great crew and managers treat me with respect. Each store/ department is different but my experience has been a good one. I'd recommend working here especially if you have a positive attitude, there will be a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great crew, expectations are clear, job security, paid benefits
Cons
It takes a while before you can earn a good wage.
Always something to do
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 April 2017
Typical day was anywhere from working the till to stocking the shelves. Overall not a difficult job but on some days there were a lot of people coming in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2