Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive workplace with many incentives
Stocker/Front End Assistant/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 1, 2016
Costco is a great place to work. I learned a lot of skills, the biggest of them being attention to detail. However, due to seasonal contracts it was hard to advance within the company. One of the hardest parts of the job is to work around customers as the store is big and very well known.
Pros
Great wage and benefits
Excellent
Assistant to meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 18, 2016
If i wasn't seasonal then I would be full time but it was the best job i could have ever worked. Even the part time employees get some benefits. Every staff member is extremely nice. Even the Supervisors are extremely pleasant to work for.
Pros
Big Break room. Vending machines. Everyone's so nice.
Cons
There are none. This is a really good job in every aspect.
fun work environment
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2016
packed with members and always a mess on the tables. i learned you need to work fast while helping members. management was very helpful when needed. helping the members find the things they need even if it isn't in clothing. i got to interact with new people everyday and got help from my co-workers when needed.
Pros
you get ice cream/ food
Cons
have to park all the way in the back
Fast paced, Fun, Challenging, friendly
Stocker/Forklift (Former Employee) –  1411 Warden AveOctober 17, 2015
A typical day at work varied every day depending on departments. I learned lots of teamwork skills and various problem solving skills. The management at the beginning was very good. Things got done, everyone was happy; then management changed and people managed departments they've never worked before. Co-workers were always friendly, not always good but in a big place not everyone will be. The hardest part of the job was having to stay back and complete someone else's work when they left it unfinished. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you were always busy and had something to do.
Pros
Fast paced. Busy. Fun. Co workers. Able to learn new things. Some of the management.
Cons
Some of the management. Staying later to finish others unfinished work.
Amazing company
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Costco has an amazing work environment which was filled with happy employees who were being paid well and treated well. Management was easy to deal with and positive in the workplace.
Pros
Good wage/happy employees
Cons
N/A
Productive & fun loving work place
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Work load was perfectly balanaced among team mates and for fun we used to enjoy by watching Tv
Management & co-workers were quite helpful in resolving our problems and they always present for you when you need them.
Easy going workplace. Lots of interaction between Coworkers and Customers.
Meat Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 19, 2016
Working in the meat department once you get there , you start working. Its a enjoyable work place because you're not isolated and surrounded by customers and co workers.
Pros
$4 dollar increase on wage on Sunday.
Cons
A lot of bending over while refilling merchandise.
Hard work, but fun.
Food Service Assistant - Food Court (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 23, 2016
I wake up early to get the kitchen ready of the never ending wave of customers. This part of Costco is definitely a faster paced part. No time for stopping. It certainly doesn't get boring there though, anything can happen and my co-workers were very nice and exciting.
Pros
Kept me active, never boring, good supervisor
Cons
A lot of hard work, lots of heavy lifting, never stops, could get too busy at times
Easy, repetitive and a pleasant place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 12, 2016
Started off as a cashier assistant and my job was to work with the cashier to make the member's transaction as smooth as possible. I also sometimes had to assist with bringing the buggies back from the corrals. My overall time spent at Costco was great but I require daily challenges and change in a job therefore, I had to leave
Pros
Employees are the friendliest people I have ever worked with.
Cons
Hard to get full time.
Salary is good, but work is hectic.
Food Demenstrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 20, 2016
A typical day of work would be first of all, checking with PWD Manager, getting all the stuff need for the demonstration, setting up the table for the demonstration, following clean procedures, wearing gloves, apron, hair net, and uniform, marking down information on sheets, and talking about products.
Well organized workplace, fun to work
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 24, 2016
Workdays went by so fast from the structured shifts I was given. Each day I was doing a different task and I loved it. The co-workers were so friendly and so knowledgeable about every product in the store. I learned a lot from one month of working there.
Pros
Flexibility with your shifts
Cons
Cant work more than 8 hour shifts per day
Good hours, good people, good work
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 7, 2016
I worked at Costco for the 2015/2016 winter season. My supervisors were all very nice and helpful towards me, ensuring that I knew what to do, and providing my with constructive criticism when needed in a friendly manner. My hours were flexible, and my pay was very good.
Pros
Flexible hours
King of the retail jobs..
Majors Sales (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day is serving the Members on the sales floor.
Special duties include cleaning the fence of empty boxes, bailing those boxes, helping front end cash registers or stocking the shelves/coolers/freezers.
I learned that Costco has some excellent policies in writing that are disregarded by Management.
Management are on a different level from the staff and they let you know it. "I am your boss, hahaha!" is a direct quote from Day 1 at Costco.
My co-workers were mostly nice. A couple of them show you their true colours when they are faced with the prospect of becoming a Manager.
The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with Management. They did their best to postpone talks, and avoid replying to inbox letters.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping Members.
Pros
wages, benefits, raises, job security
Cons
management tactics
Great Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Provides lots of opportunity for growth
Flexible with students
Takes care of employees
Good benefits for part time and full time employees
Valuable experience gained from working at Costco
Front-end Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
Working at front-end in Costco Wholesale, allowed me to be gain valuable experience. I learned how to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, alone and with a team. As well as, better my communication skills that provided me to achieve good relations with everyone, including customers, employees and managers.
Pros
Lenient with time-off requests
Cons
Night shifts
Productive and excellent workplace
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 28, 2016
Costco's typical day at work consisted of me helping customers with their grocery and also carrying loads of grocery. The management was very kind and my co-workers were very welcoming.
Productive and fun workplace.
Costco Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Costco Warehouse take care of their employee even you're a part time worker you are entitled to get benefits which every employee appreciates.
Overall a wonderfull place to work.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
Costco has some of the best employers I've had the pleasure working for. As a union setting, co-workers and members of seniority become a tight-knit community always looking out for one another's best interests. Once employed, hard workers can easily be promoted within and often become life-long employees.
Pros
Very friendly, open and understanding atmosphere.
Cons
Working evening shift often meant not being home until 11:00 pm.
Great team enviroment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 8, 2016
Extremely busy environment. Co-workers are friendly. Management supports staff. Communication could improve in regards to management roles and job functions within the warehouse.
Pros
schedule posted for 3 weeks
Cons
schedule always fluctuating
Unprofessional
Pharmacy Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
Fast paced pharmacy , constantly short staffed. New comers so unwelcome. High work pressure, bossy pharmacy techs, unfriendly, always passing snarky remarks. Very unprofessional in a professional job site. :)
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Unprofessional job site

4.2