Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

fun place, but very busy
Front End, cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 November 2016
uploading and packing groceries, cash duties. many unusal hours of work. cleaning, tiding warehouse, very low pay, have to work weekends and evenings.
hired as seasonal but hoping to get on as part time then I could gert benefits.
Pros
team work
Cons
odd hours
Costco - A fun place to work
Merchandiser Employee (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 June 2016
Employees are extremely nice and helpful as well as the managers.
Learn how to interact with customers, understand their needs.
The shift includes stock early in the morning, 4-9 am or late at night, 5-11pm. During store hours you assist customers, pack carts, or clean aisles. The number of customers may seem intimidating, but it is not after a days work there.
Pros
cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
barely any shifts
Awesome and fun place to work.
Front End/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC15 November 2016
I would definitely go back, fun, fast paced, never the same thing over again. Unfortunately it is very hard to get a permanent job at Costco. I find they only hire people permanently if you have a family member who works for the company.
hard work but lots of fun
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 June 2016
I love my job. I look forward to seeing most of the people I work with every morning. We work hard but have a lot of fun. I have been working there for almost 16 years, but as time goes on, sometimes changes are made, and when you are use to many years of the same thing, sometimes change is a little harder to take.
Pros
great benefits, great bonuses, great hourly wage, free lunches quite often
Cons
Not alot of consistency.
Description of daily tasks
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 November 2016
Lot associates are responsible for making sure their is a constant supply of shopping carts available for customers. In addition, they are also responsible for assisting customers load heavy items into their vehicles.
Working at costco was a great experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 June 2016
The work atmosphere was great, and the coworkers as well as management are all nice people, adding to the enjoyable atmosphere when working there. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the enthusiasm of the employees have at times, as constantly talking to the hundreds of customers that pass through is very tiring, but at the same time, is the most enjoyable part of the job as well. Being able to communicate to all kinds of different people i otherwise would not have the chance to is something i greatly appreciate.
Productive and diverse
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2016
Working at Costco was pretty good, I picked up skills very day working with different department managers. my coworkers were very diverse so no one ever felt left out
Pros
free memberships to employees
Cons
the building need a lot of maintance
A very cool fun and safe workplace.
Front End (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Costco wholesale,a very clean and friendly place to work,I learned many things here that will help me down the road with many jobs to come.
Pros
Free memberships
Cons
The cart machines break down constantly.
Great place to work, fun inviting atmosphere
Sales Auditor, Expense back up (Current Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB27 May 2016
Costco is a great place to work with good advancement, they have competitive salary and benefits, however it is difficult to maintain a full time position working in administration at Costco. I have learned how to work in an office environment, how to pay bills, audit sales, and work in the vault. My co workers are very pleasant people, the hardest part of my job is having to help out on the front end and pack groceries. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to fix mistakes and solve problems.
Pros
great hours
Good student position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 August 2016
8.5 hour shifts
little bit of everything you can do
something different every day
management was good to work with
countless co-workers
very flexible when you needed time off
Pros
good work environment
Cons
long shifts on a hard concrete floor hurts back and feet
Serious workplace with a fun environment that makes working enjoyable
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON2 June 2016
Customer satisfaction is huge and I feel Costco has helped me develop that skill to use on the job, and my daily life. The hardest part of the job would be the restocking at night but that is also the most enjoyable part. Costco teaches efficient work and time management, as well as verbal form of communication between members and employees
Fabulous training, benefits and safe work environment
Lead of the Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2016
I learned numerous things working with the company for 7 years. Maintaining the cleanliness of the building, equipment while working in a team atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
The long commute
Fast pace and very structured
Food Court Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 October 2016
Get along with co workers and work well together. Very fast paced and have learned to manage my time. Deal with the public and make sure that their needs are meant in a pleasant and timely manner.
Pros
Free membership
Amazing
Fryer Cook/ server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
Working for Costco Calgary was an amazing job such culture amazing people and over just one big family everyone was so kind friendly even the odd times people would get lunch for every one, i worked with an amazing group of ladies in the kitchen and had fun every day of work the management was so great always had such great laughs with my boss, a typical day would be fast pace and crazy such is fast food, hardest part of this job was the customers some people just got so impatient and it was hard to deal with at first but overcoming that wasn't so hard to do putting on a smile can make just about anybodies day, sadly only a temporary job
Pros
Amazing people
fun place
Seasonal front end clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
amazing place to work for retail/customer service the team is amazing and very accepting, easy to get along with everyone even the management team, they work with your hours and the pay is great for part time seasonal work
Good Working Environment
FRONT-END ASSISTANT ( Permanent Part-time ) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 September 2016
Staff are very friendly and supportive. They help you and they are very reliable. The workplace is good and you can learn a lot from the staff. They are readily available to answer your questions.
fun work environment
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2016
packed with members and always a mess on the tables. i learned you need to work fast while helping members. management was very helpful when needed. helping the members find the things they need even if it isn't in clothing. i got to interact with new people everyday and got help from my co-workers when needed.
Pros
you get ice cream/ food
Cons
have to park all the way in the back
Good hours, good people, good work
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 July 2016
I worked at Costco for the 2015/2016 winter season. My supervisors were all very nice and helpful towards me, ensuring that I knew what to do, and providing my with constructive criticism when needed in a friendly manner. My hours were flexible, and my pay was very good.
Pros
Flexible hours
Salary is good, but work is hectic.
Food Demenstrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 June 2016
A typical day of work would be first of all, checking with PWD Manager, getting all the stuff need for the demonstration, setting up the table for the demonstration, following clean procedures, wearing gloves, apron, hair net, and uniform, marking down information on sheets, and talking about products.
Great team enviroment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 August 2016
Extremely busy environment. Co-workers are friendly. Management supports staff. Communication could improve in regards to management roles and job functions within the warehouse.
Pros
schedule posted for 3 weeks
Cons
schedule always fluctuating

4.2