Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Fast paced and customer (member) oriented work environment.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at Costco begins at 5am.The first 3 to 4 hours are very labour intensive.The floors have to be swept to remove all wood pieces from the floor that have been left behind from the forklifts moving skids of materials onto the floors all night.I probably walk 5 miles accomplishing this.It was tough at first,but now it has become routine with the benefit of feeling healthier as I have lost 15 lbs.The management is very appreciative of our hard work in getting the store ready for opening every morning and constantly thanks employees for doing a good job.Once the store is open I enjoy helping our customers locate items in this massive store that they cannot locate.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
working every weekend
Steady Hours, Fast Pace work place.
Front End Assistant, Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 December 2016
Morning merchandise stocker required being at the work place by 4:30am each day of the week. Managers are very demanding and work place is very fast pace. Great benefits.
Pros
Stable Hours and paid breaks.
Cons
Too demanding on work pace.
Work was fast paced but manageable with the skills I hold.
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 December 2016
We would be given various tasks on which we would use our skills given to us through training. Work side by side with our co-workers and management to deliver customers with a pleasant experience from the best of our abilities.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Customer Harassment
Great Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS13 December 2016
I work very hard at Costco, I start early in the morning and my job is extremely physical and fast-paced. I have really amazing management, and they are very hard workers as well. They work right along side of us each day and they are great people, who lead by example.

The best part of each day is taking pride in a job well done and being appreciated for doing such hard work.

The hardest part of the day is the extremely physical demands of being a merchandiser.
Great workplace, awesome management and a great company overall
Merchandising/Stocker (Current Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON12 December 2016
I've learned great customer service working for this company over my years and the people I have worked with have made it an awesome friendly environment. There has not been one day where I've not enjoyed the work environment
Fast paced
Food Court Assistant/Produce (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2016
Very fast paced environment. You have to make sure all your work is complete before the store opens if you are working mornings. If you are working evenings the priority is to clean and get everything ready for the morning crew.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Photo Centre Manager / Asst Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 December 2016
Working in a warehouse environment is fast paced, which I thrive off of, nothing better than always being on the go while you are helping others. Having a company with long term employees has pros and cons, it speaks volumes for the company when they are able to keep long term employees, their wages and benefits are a huge part of that, however many of those individuals have developed a sense of entitled which can be challenging at times to coop with. Being able to listen and understand how to balance multiple personalities is one of the greatest challenges as a manager.
Pros
Free Samples
Cons
Consistency
Fast peace work to get chance to sharpen the customer service skill.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2016
Very versatile job atmosphere but I am enjoying as my focus to improve my skill.
I learn lots of new things in Warehouse, Merchandising, Cash Handling and customer service.
Engaging workplace with other co-workers
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 December 2016
I came in and skewered, roasted, packaged, then labeled chickens followed by dish washing and cleaning the service deli area. Ending the day by making pot pies for the next day and bringing in the departments stock from the delivery trucks.
Fun but sloppy workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 November 2016
The people were great, tasks weren't that difficult but management was sloppy. No communication and lack of trust in employees. Hardest part of the job was definitely the management.
Fast paced environment
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 November 2016
Learned cashier skills, losts of customer service, enjoyable to work at. Usually a busy place. Upbeat environment with great employees
Costco
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  rockyview county,Alberta28 November 2016
Typical day starts later in the afternoon and goes until 11:00 due to I was doing night stocking and making all the produce look full before the next day. Management was awesome as long and you were honest with them and gave them enough notice they would work with you to give you days off
Pros
everyone took coffee breaks at the same time
I never worked there but I like this warhorse.i think this great.
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2016
I would like part time
I give preferences during the week,not weekend
I don't want physical job.
This team job
The most enjoyable part of the job this promotions
Good benefits and chance to get career
Clothe department associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, 149 street25 November 2016
Nice place to get experience with till and customers. Good management and team. Many opportunities to meet nice people.
Description of daily tasks
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 November 2016
Lot associates are responsible for making sure their is a constant supply of shopping carts available for customers. In addition, they are also responsible for assisting customers load heavy items into their vehicles.
Great Enviroment
Front End Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 November 2016
Due to the fact that I was seasonal and tried to stay on I had a unpleasant experience when they only kept people who had family or friends already working there. I felt they were unfair especially since some of the people they kept had made big mistakes and had warning given to them.
Pros
Good Pay, Lots of Hours
Cons
Unfair management
fun place, but very busy
Front End, cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 November 2016
uploading and packing groceries, cash duties. many unusal hours of work. cleaning, tiding warehouse, very low pay, have to work weekends and evenings.
hired as seasonal but hoping to get on as part time then I could gert benefits.
Pros
team work
Cons
odd hours
Awesome and fun place to work.
Front End/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC15 November 2016
I would definitely go back, fun, fast paced, never the same thing over again. Unfortunately it is very hard to get a permanent job at Costco. I find they only hire people permanently if you have a family member who works for the company.
Productive, Energetic
Customer Service Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB15 November 2016
Costco Canada Liquor was a very enjoyable place to work. Customers coming in and asking for recommendations for wine/ spirits made me become more interested in wine and spirits. Before working at the liquor store I knew nothing about wines and spirits; my time here helped me expand my knowledge on the industry.
Pros
Fun Inventory, Pizza Party
Very nice place to work
Finishing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 November 2016
i liked costco a lot. I learnt how to work fast in a factory environment. I learnt how to achieve goals through communication.
Pros
nice salary
Cons
might get bored of the repetition

4.2