Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing
Fryer Cook/ server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
Working for Costco Calgary was an amazing job such culture amazing people and over just one big family everyone was so kind friendly even the odd times people would get lunch for every one, i worked with an amazing group of ladies in the kitchen and had fun every day of work the management was so great always had such great laughs with my boss, a typical day would be fast pace and crazy such is fast food, hardest part of this job was the customers some people just got so impatient and it was hard to deal with at first but overcoming that wasn't so hard to do putting on a smile can make just about anybodies day, sadly only a temporary job
Pros
Amazing people
productive fun work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
I learned much about customer service and how to deal well with difficult customers and situations. Had a great team environment. Management was very approachable and understanding.
Pros
Strong team environment
Cons
Angry customers
Food Court Assistant
Seasonal Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Great Pay, good holiday rate. Hard work especially in my branch because they say its the busiest costco in North America. Some Supervisor are nice, mine are not so. He's pretty decent but get upset too often for no good reason. Work at front end assistant is way easier!
Pros
Great pay for the job, decent benefit, probable room for advancement
Cons
Hard Work, Bad Supervisor, don't the best Customer
Busy and productive workplace
Sorter / Service Assistant - Deli (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Work was typically very busy. I learned many different skills including freight and inventory management. Social environment was somewhat limited due to my shift times. Co-workers were generally engaged in work and worked together. The hardest part of my job was managing the incoming shipments and organizing the inventory. I did not enjoy this job.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Late hours
A lot of fun & a good workout!
Warehouse/Inventory Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2016
Typical day at Costco (night shift) for me was rising at 3am biking to work for 4. Getting to work Signing in, Unloading pallets and other duties as instructed for about 6-8 hours a day. What I learned from this Job good team leadership and hard work goes a long way. The management was very good & I enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the Job was waking up everyone morning. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the people & seeing familiar faces within and out the store.
Pros
Product
Cons
Thee amount of people in the store
Active and boisterous workplace.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
Costco is a great stable company to work for with amazing hardworking employees. There is constant work throughout the week and double the amount on weekends, which I thrive on. The management are a bit oppressive but they do try their best to have employment meetings often to better improve our working environment.

It takes a certain type for person to be able to work for a growing company like Costco. There are all types of people you will be dealing with on a day to day basis. I'm grateful for the opportunity of being able to work with different departments and gaining more knowledge of the workforce.

The only downfall is the heavy work labour occasionally due to the larger volume of goods sold. Aside from the hard labour, I take pleasure working with members and providing excellent customer service and I've also grown great professional relationships with the regular members.
Working at costco was a great experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 2, 2016
The work atmosphere was great, and the coworkers as well as management are all nice people, adding to the enjoyable atmosphere when working there. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the enthusiasm of the employees have at times, as constantly talking to the hundreds of customers that pass through is very tiring, but at the same time, is the most enjoyable part of the job as well. Being able to communicate to all kinds of different people i otherwise would not have the chance to is something i greatly appreciate.
Great place to work, fun inviting atmosphere
Sales Auditor, Expense back up (Current Employee) –  Red Deer County, ABMay 27, 2016
Costco is a great place to work with good advancement, they have competitive salary and benefits, however it is difficult to maintain a full time position working in administration at Costco. I have learned how to work in an office environment, how to pay bills, audit sales, and work in the vault. My co workers are very pleasant people, the hardest part of my job is having to help out on the front end and pack groceries. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to fix mistakes and solve problems.
Pros
great hours
Good Overall
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 6, 2016
Very good job for students and people who are willing to learn about customer service and marketing and want to advance in the company's hierarchy. If you are someone with a strong character and don't like to be told what to do, Costco is not the right place for you. Same as any other jobs, management could be better but also look forward to excel in whatever it is that you do.
Pros
Great benefits, adjustable schedule.
Cons
work on weekends, pressure all the time, fast pace work, have to be friendly with people.
Rewarding and friendly place to work
Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
Great salary, hours, and bosses. Co-workers are always ready to help. Great place to turn into an eventual career if you would like to.
very well balance place to work hours were good.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2015
On any day at work it consisted of, packing the meats, organization of the floor, and assisting the cutters with anything they would need to be done, as well as member service.
learn to time different tasks. Had an unbelievable work team including the boss.
But the most difficult thing was to fullfil member needs.
The new people and cooworkers I worked with was one of the most memrible things at working at Costco.
Pros
good benefits. cheap drinks and food aswell as gas.
Cons
some members were grumpy, hard to satisfy.
productive and cooperative with the crews goals at work
Cashier/Kitchen crew (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 19, 2016
a busy day at work where I learn to be initiative with the work that the crew cannot handle. I meet assigned task on time with cooperation with other coworkers. My coworkers are in need of leadership where I sometime take over and the hardest part of the job is where coworkers does not cooperate when its busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when preparing the menu to serve because its quiet at that time.
days went by quickly, always had something to do
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 27, 2016
I would engage in many different types of conversations while unpacking and repacking people's cart with their items. The management made sure you had your breaks at the right times and made sure you were always up to date with the security and health information. The hardest part of the job would have to be, standing on your feet for 8+ hours at a time and dealing with 'difficult' customers. I really enjoy the people I work with and the different stories they share.
Pros
pay is above minimum wage
Cons
hours are not flexbile
Friendly enough place to work...
Night Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 13, 2016
Costco is alright to work for in the short term. on the ground level the folks there are decent and hard working. We all got along pretty well and some good friendships came out of that experience. However as you cast your gaze upwards there is a certain and unmistakable "Click" culture from about the supervisory level all the way up to upper management. An almost "cast" feel and culture that makes the majority of ground level personnel on the floor feel as though they do not belong and are looked down upon and made to feel they are treated differently.

This unfortunately breeds resentment and erodes any sort of solid foundation for fostering a kinship and investment by the average floor worker into the Costco company or culture and instead laws the fertile foundation for mistrust, resentment, lack of care towards the quality of work. The culture needs to drastically change there before Costco can ever be truly one of the greats instead of just another generic big box, high turnover, low pay high demand and unsatisfactory place of employment.
Pros
decent friendly co workers of equal standing in company
Cons
click culture and an unmistakable "cast" system of leadership.
Morning Merchandising
Merchandising Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 10, 2016
Great place to work, fun but very strict and disciplined environment. Early start at 5 am. Good character builder. Great environment and job security for college on their CSRP program
Costco - A fun place to work
Merchandiser Employee (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 17, 2016
Employees are extremely nice and helpful as well as the managers.
Learn how to interact with customers, understand their needs.
The shift includes stock early in the morning, 4-9 am or late at night, 5-11pm. During store hours you assist customers, pack carts, or clean aisles. The number of customers may seem intimidating, but it is not after a days work there.
Pros
cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
barely any shifts
hard work but lots of fun
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 11, 2016
I love my job. I look forward to seeing most of the people I work with every morning. We work hard but have a lot of fun. I have been working there for almost 16 years, but as time goes on, sometimes changes are made, and when you are use to many years of the same thing, sometimes change is a little harder to take.
Pros
great benefits, great bonuses, great hourly wage, free lunches quite often
Cons
Not alot of consistency.
Good coworkers, and comfortable work place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2016
Easy job to work your way in to and to get comfortable with. Large variety of career paths to follow and different jobs to do.

Overall a good experience.
Lame
Major Sales Assistant & Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 7, 2015
it's good place to be if you enjoy, your dept. being blamed for all the problems in the world. its got good pay and great benefits, but the management is pretty terrible. that's all i have to say
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
terrible managers
Serious workplace with a fun environment that makes working enjoyable
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONJune 2, 2016
Customer satisfaction is huge and I feel Costco has helped me develop that skill to use on the job, and my daily life. The hardest part of the job would be the restocking at night but that is also the most enjoyable part. Costco teaches efficient work and time management, as well as verbal form of communication between members and employees

4.2