Costco Wholesale

2.2K reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace with a free Costco membership
Stock Person (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Sunday shift premium
Cons: 4:30 AM start time
I was only a seasonal employee and I was not pleased with the overall culture of the workplace and their hiring practices involved nepotism!
group work
PWD (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 6, 2016
PWD is the work somethings i did out of my zone nut im glad i choose to do it. it is always fun to be around demos table and explain about products with peoples. i enjoy working with DEMO teams and proud being one of the Demonstrations.
A lot of fun & a good workout!
Warehouse/Inventory Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Product
Cons: Thee amount of people in the store
Typical day at Costco (night shift) for me was rising at 3am biking to work for 4. Getting to work Signing in, Unloading pallets and other duties as instructed for about 6-8 hours a day. What I learned from this Job good team leadership and hard work goes a long way. The management was very good & I enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the Job was waking up everyone morning. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the people & seeing familiar faces within and out the store.
An Amazing Place To Work
Front End/Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Good management, free lunch breaks, flexible hours, positive work environment
Cons: long hours, very hard work on the body.
Costco Wholesale was an amazing Job Experience! I was constantly looked after and given opportunities to show my skill and desire to advance and learn more. The management was impressively organised and unbiased. All the employees were treated with the same level of respect and acceptance. Costco Wholesale was a great job and it is unfortunate that I am unable to continue working there due to Injury (Motor Vehicle Accident).
Costco
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Langley, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: too long to get to full wage
Costco is a great place to work for someone that just likes a regular job, I am looking to building a career and I feel accomplished making people feel good and Im passionate about it/
very well balance place to work hours were good.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2015
Pros: good benefits. cheap drinks and food aswell as gas.
Cons: some members were grumpy, hard to satisfy.
On any day at work it consisted of, packing the meats, organization of the floor, and assisting the cutters with anything they would need to be done, as well as member service.
learn to time different tasks. Had an unbelievable work team including the boss.
But the most difficult thing was to fullfil member needs.
The new people and cooworkers I worked with was one of the most memrible things at working at Costco.
Energetic
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, full time, benefits, renumeration, pension plan
Facilitate outcomes, event planning, Customer Service,Management
I have enjoyed working with Costco, the Members and staff.
I am seeking employment in New Glasgow area as I have relocated my home.
90 day right to terminate ABUSED !
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 29, 2015
Pros: free executive membership, free Christmas turkey
Cons: they take back the executive membership when they let you go.
The COSTCO Winterburn rd. location in Edmonton,Alb let over 20 employees go on Christmas eve this year 2015 (shortage of work was on our ROE), who does that !.
My position at COSTCO was front end assistant, or better known as 'the person that boxes your groceries' . I didn't mind to work one bit,kept me busy and active,made the day go by quickly.
However.........
1.) At the winterburn rd costco in edmonton, when retrieving boxes from the box bins as they come to the to the front end, was just embarrassing, belittling and just unnecessarily humiliating. other front end assistant fighting over 'the good boxes', elbowing each other, stepping on each others feet, no ability to share with their co-workers, a general 'every man for himself attitude'. I've never seen anything like it at other costco locations throughout the city.
2.) NO COMMUNICATION between front end managers,especially on Saturdays and Sundays when 5-6 front end managers were in. All given different orders, to different front end assistants and no one's communicating who's doing what...when.
3.) They allowed the ethic workforce to speak their native language, making those of us that don't understand feel, awkward and uncomfortable, who's to say that aren't talking about others in an inappropriate manner. What you do on your private time is fine,working around others...not professional at all !
4.) While employed there, I seen well over 100 different employees come....and go. (should have seen it coming). I should have put 2+2 together and realized then at COSTCO ABUSES the 90 right to terminate policy.
 – more...
5.) MYTH: Costco employees get a discount on products. No, costco employees DO NOT get a discount.

If your looking for a 'forever job' this is not the place for you.
However I will say this...I did like all the management personnel, they were nice, understanding and helpful. Gotta say this...they were very polite when they laid us all off on Christmas Eve. – less
fun and enjoyable work place
Packer (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 22, 2015
working at costco is great, because they respect and give hours according to what you ask. they also have a great program for people working and going to school.
Costco Work Day
Baker (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 14, 2015
Commence work at 5:00 am, start baking the bread then start preparing the apple pie. Baking of all the pastries for the day.
Productive and fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Long hours
Cons: Super early shifts
This job was seasonal. It was a different experience working for Costco. Although it was fun and good, the early morning 5AM shifts were not my favorite.
productive and fun work place
Certified pharmacy clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 7, 2015
we are learning everyday with great members and staff to help us go forward
great place to start your career fun and fast paced environment
Busy, friendly and steady pace evironment
Front end assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Wages and benefits
Cons: that schedules aren't e-mailed to you
A typical day for a front-end assistant is you are helping a variety of cashier to pack items into members carts. Generally it is a pretty easy job the biggest thing is make sure to be nice and friendly to the members and make sure you always have boxes for them. So far I have learned how to balance my time with working two jobs. For the most part the management and co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is if you have to go but an item away and your not sure where it goes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the environment is calm and even when it is busy you don't feel overwhelmed.
Fun workplace with friendly workers.
night shift merchandiser (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 25, 2015
A normal day would consist of facing shelves and making sure the aisles are clear of clutter. Once the store closes my duties would include re-stocking the shelves, moving around pallets and cleaning the aisles.
Highly Charged atmosphere to work in. HR is great.
Front End Assistant/ Cashier (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONNovember 17, 2015
Working at Costco is all about multitasking. The seniors are very helpful and if one is willing they can learn and rise quickly.
Always something to do
Sales Associate/Stocker/Merchandiser (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 15, 2015
Always on your feet. lots bending reaching...co workers were good. Best part was working the electronics department, relaxed environment. Good pay to start..benefits roll in a little later into your employment.
Productive and friendly
Merch team/Packer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONNovember 12, 2015
Cons: evenings and weekends
My time at Costco was enjoyable, the management are friendly. Its a very fast paced place to work. Sky is the limit on opportunity here.
fun place to work at
merchandiser (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: you could make a career out of costco
A typical day at work would consist of stocking shelves and cleaning. i learned how to work in a quick pace environment and how to keep up with it. The management was good they are nice people and very fair. My co-workers for the most part were very friendly no complaints. The hardest part of the job was probably getting used to how quickly they wanted you to work. The most enjoyable part was lunch when i could eat the pizza and fries!!
Lame
Major Sales Assistant & Morning Stocker (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, great benefits
Cons: terrible managers
it's good place to be if you enjoy, your dept. being blamed for all the problems in the world. its got good pay and great benefits, but the management is pretty terrible. that's all i have to say
Very fast paced busy atmosphere.
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: hardly employ full-time
Good place to work, pays well, excellent benefits. Very busy,sometimes chaotic with customers. Hardest part was retreiving shopping carts at -30 degrees. Don't like that Costco hires workers for seasonal then let them go, don't call them back so they don't have to pay them any benefits and therefore the staff is always changing.Therefore I feel there is no employee/customer relationship.
Headquarters