Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

very well balance place to work hours were good.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2015
On any day at work it consisted of, packing the meats, organization of the floor, and assisting the cutters with anything they would need to be done, as well as member service.
learn to time different tasks. Had an unbelievable work team including the boss.
But the most difficult thing was to fullfil member needs.
The new people and cooworkers I worked with was one of the most memrible things at working at Costco.
Pros
good benefits. cheap drinks and food aswell as gas.
Cons
some members were grumpy, hard to satisfy.
Active and boisterous workplace.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
Costco is a great stable company to work for with amazing hardworking employees. There is constant work throughout the week and double the amount on weekends, which I thrive on. The management are a bit oppressive but they do try their best to have employment meetings often to better improve our working environment.

It takes a certain type for person to be able to work for a growing company like Costco. There are all types of people you will be dealing with on a day to day basis. I'm grateful for the opportunity of being able to work with different departments and gaining more knowledge of the workforce.

The only downfall is the heavy work labour occasionally due to the larger volume of goods sold. Aside from the hard labour, I take pleasure working with members and providing excellent customer service and I've also grown great professional relationships with the regular members.
Fun place with good people and management that cares
Night Merch (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMay 1, 2016
Management listens
Typical fixed hours
Good long term benefits
Reviews benefits/wage every year
some co-workers are good, some are boring and rude
You can try other positions within company to not feel redundant
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
can be boring after a while
Enriching, overall good working conditions, but management issues and work/life balance not good
Service clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 3, 2016
It was an enriching experience, but the warehouse where I worked for clearly needs a more standardized management type. What I mean is (for example) that you could get different ways of seeing and applying the same procedures depending on who (among assistant-managers and supervisors) you would addressed the question or concern. It was a fun workplace at the beginning, but it is an energy consuming atmosphere, both in the psychological and the physical sense. The benefits (assurances, paid membership cards, higher salary than the minimum, etc.) were satisfying. Anyway, I am grateful for what I learned and the challenges that allowed me to improve my skills such as productivity, communication and autonomy.
Pros
well paid for the education required, students can work only during summer
Cons
working most of the times on week-ends, hard to settle vacations
great training great people to work with and great management
Tire Installer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
This company is very good to work for, great training, great management, great benefits, good pay. people are good to work with. had good functioning equipment. company had very knowledgeable managers.
Pros
great health benifits
costco is very nice place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the Costco members.All my co-workers are the best and even all my Managers.We all called each other a Costco family.I always help all my co-workers if they need anything.
Pros
There are a lots of pros like free lunches, good schedule etc etc..
Cons
i dont think if Costco has any cons...
Best merchandiser and wholesale store.
Stcokist (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BCMay 22, 2016
They are the best in their products and their service, they are dynamic in nature and well organised. Moreover they are having employee discounts and breaks. The management is cooperative and the work ethics is friendly.
Pros
breaks and meals sometimes
Cons
Negligible
Excellent
Assistant to meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 18, 2016
If i wasn't seasonal then I would be full time but it was the best job i could have ever worked. Even the part time employees get some benefits. Every staff member is extremely nice. Even the Supervisors are extremely pleasant to work for.
Pros
Big Break room. Vending machines. Everyone's so nice.
Cons
There are none. This is a really good job in every aspect.
If you like call centers, this place is perfect
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 10, 2015
Excellent place to work. Supervisors and team leaders willing to help and teach. Well managed. Good options for advancement. Decent benefits and good pay for call center work. You always get feedback, especially when you ask for it. Co-workers are more like teammates, no matter how much your work seems individual you can always get help or get questions answered.
Pros
Amazing staff and co-workers
Cons
Random lunch and break hours
Energetic, fun
Sales Associate, Majors and Hardlines (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 3, 2016
starts with stocking, learnt how to do sales, managment was very supportive,co workers were helpful. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers but Costco taught me how to handle it, most enjoyable part of the job is to help members with their technical questions
Busy, friendly and steady pace evironment
Front end assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 1, 2015
A typical day for a front-end assistant is you are helping a variety of cashier to pack items into members carts. Generally it is a pretty easy job the biggest thing is make sure to be nice and friendly to the members and make sure you always have boxes for them. So far I have learned how to balance my time with working two jobs. For the most part the management and co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is if you have to go but an item away and your not sure where it goes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the environment is calm and even when it is busy you don't feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
that schedules aren't e-mailed to you
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Meat Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Costco as a seasonal employee, I wished I could've fully stayed on as a part/full-time associate. The people I work with are generally all nice people, really easy to talk to, and make the workday a little better. Typically, I would start by organizing and condensing the meat counters, and running to the coolers to see what I can bring out to the main floor. And then asking if there's anything needed to be completed afterwards. I learned how to package meat, work with the machines, learning to label the different kinds of product, and basic sanitation skills. The management in my department are nothing short of amazing. They always gave me something to do, knew how to keep me busy, and overall they're nice people who are easy to come to if I ever needed help. To me, every thing is hard before it gets easy. I guess that the hardest thing was making new adjustments to different situations.
productive fun work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
I learned much about customer service and how to deal well with difficult customers and situations. Had a great team environment. Management was very approachable and understanding.
Pros
Strong team environment
Cons
Angry customers
High paced job and being able to assist customer when needed
Front End Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 3, 2016
Front End Cashier, so on feet for 8 hours a day
Patience with people
No problem with any task that was assigned to me
Miss them terribly also
Being around the people that come thru the store
Pros
The people
busy fun environment
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
it was only a seasonal position and no one was kept on for a permanent position due to budget issues for that warehouse. those I worked with were very nice and environment was busy but positive
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
low starting pay, difficult to get on permanent position
short term
SEASONAL STOCK AND MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
costco was a great place to be with friendly staff and members, i am happy for my time there although i was seasonal i appreciated the time i did work for the company and would be happy to come back when ever the need arose
great place too work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 22, 2016
it gave me great work ethics also it was a busy day at times but was also a great place to work as the people I worked with were very nice and they helped a lot when I had qestions about something .
Pros
free membership
Cons
far to drive from the valley everyday
Enjoyed my time with costco.
Front End/ Parking lot (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 24, 2016
Always learning something new everyday, great co-workers. The hardest thing about the job was lifting heavier items alone. Mangers are very good to work with.
Pros
Free food in luch room.
Cons
Short staff in gathering carts.
fun place to work at
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of stocking shelves and cleaning. i learned how to work in a quick pace environment and how to keep up with it. The management was good they are nice people and very fair. My co-workers for the most part were very friendly no complaints. The hardest part of the job was probably getting used to how quickly they wanted you to work. The most enjoyable part was lunch when i could eat the pizza and fries!!
Pros
you could make a career out of costco
Costco Wholesale
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, ABMay 16, 2016
I mostly worked as a front end assistant which is the employee who bags the groceries and puts it in the cart. I would sometimes be put on to cash as a cashier, handled with angry customers, and provided customer service.

4.2