Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

Seasonal Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 2, 2016
Overall Costco is a great place to work. Great pay and benefits for an entry-level retail job. Working early morning or late at night is rough, but the pay is worth it.
Serious workplace with a fun environment that makes working enjoyable
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONJune 2, 2016
Customer satisfaction is huge and I feel Costco has helped me develop that skill to use on the job, and my daily life. The hardest part of the job would be the restocking at night but that is also the most enjoyable part. Costco teaches efficient work and time management, as well as verbal form of communication between members and employees
Working at costco was a great experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 2, 2016
The work atmosphere was great, and the coworkers as well as management are all nice people, adding to the enjoyable atmosphere when working there. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the enthusiasm of the employees have at times, as constantly talking to the hundreds of customers that pass through is very tiring, but at the same time, is the most enjoyable part of the job as well. Being able to communicate to all kinds of different people i otherwise would not have the chance to is something i greatly appreciate.
Too many Chiefs, not enough indians
Front End (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 1, 2016
You only get ahead by being a brown nosing gossip. Hard work and honesty are not appreciated. Rude members are allowed to do or say anything to employees.

Some coworkers and most of management likes to gossip and spread stuff around.

The only really good thing about Costco and working there is the pay and the benefits.

Job is high stress and management needs a big overhaul, in fact the higher up you go the worse it is (for the most part). Most of the managers have no people skills.

Praise is rarely given, but mistakes are quick to be pointed out.

Saint John warehouse is full of sexism towards both men and women.

There are too many husband/wife, BF/GF couples and relatives working at this location and favouritism shows.

Work is very physical and requires lots of standing but overall not bad.

Work/life balance isn't great, good hours given to favourite employees.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
see review, lots of these...
Awesome place to work at!
Warehouse associate/ Front end associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2016
Coscto was an amazing employer for all age groups. They provided competitive wages, excellent promotions, and always provided us with a great environment to work at.
fun work environment
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2016
packed with members and always a mess on the tables. i learned you need to work fast while helping members. management was very helpful when needed. helping the members find the things they need even if it isn't in clothing. i got to interact with new people everyday and got help from my co-workers when needed.
Pros
you get ice cream/ food
Cons
have to park all the way in the back
Overall pretty good
AM Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMay 28, 2016
My time at Costco has been generally pretty enjoyable. It's a job where you come to work, do your job then get to go home. it's a nice safe job that's fairly routine but has the odd wrench thrown in to keep your interest.
Great place to work, fun inviting atmosphere
Sales Auditor, Expense back up (Current Employee) –  Red Deer County, ABMay 27, 2016
Costco is a great place to work with good advancement, they have competitive salary and benefits, however it is difficult to maintain a full time position working in administration at Costco. I have learned how to work in an office environment, how to pay bills, audit sales, and work in the vault. My co workers are very pleasant people, the hardest part of my job is having to help out on the front end and pack groceries. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to fix mistakes and solve problems.
Pros
great hours
Decent workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2016
In my experience it is a good and Positive workplace. Good part time job for students. Workload is manageable however very labour intensive.
Pros
higher than min wage
Cons
graveyard shifts
Amazing
Fryer Cook/ server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
Working for Costco Calgary was an amazing job such culture amazing people and over just one big family everyone was so kind friendly even the odd times people would get lunch for every one, i worked with an amazing group of ladies in the kitchen and had fun every day of work the management was so great always had such great laughs with my boss, a typical day would be fast pace and crazy such is fast food, hardest part of this job was the customers some people just got so impatient and it was hard to deal with at first but overcoming that wasn't so hard to do putting on a smile can make just about anybodies day, sadly only a temporary job
Pros
Amazing people
Well organized workplace, fun to work
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 24, 2016
Workdays went by so fast from the structured shifts I was given. Each day I was doing a different task and I loved it. The co-workers were so friendly and so knowledgeable about every product in the store. I learned a lot from one month of working there.
Pros
Flexibility with your shifts
Cons
Cant work more than 8 hour shifts per day
Best merchandiser and wholesale store.
Stcokist (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BCMay 22, 2016
They are the best in their products and their service, they are dynamic in nature and well organised. Moreover they are having employee discounts and breaks. The management is cooperative and the work ethics is friendly.
Pros
breaks and meals sometimes
Cons
Negligible
good place
Product sorter (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 18, 2016
Good place poor pay scale
Good co-workers
Good hours
A very clean facility with a good work environment
Takes a long time to get to full time.
Costco Wholesale
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, ABMay 16, 2016
I mostly worked as a front end assistant which is the employee who bags the groceries and puts it in the cart. I would sometimes be put on to cash as a cashier, handled with angry customers, and provided customer service.
Good Employer
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 6, 2016
Good employer with above average wage, decent career outlook. Good growth within the next couple of decades, and continuing business success as its membership grows.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No weekends
Summer Student
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 4, 2016
The company made it very easy for me to switch from a part-time summer student to a full time staff during a period of time in which I was no longer in school.
Enriching, overall good working conditions, but management issues and work/life balance not good
Service clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 3, 2016
It was an enriching experience, but the warehouse where I worked for clearly needs a more standardized management type. What I mean is (for example) that you could get different ways of seeing and applying the same procedures depending on who (among assistant-managers and supervisors) you would addressed the question or concern. It was a fun workplace at the beginning, but it is an energy consuming atmosphere, both in the psychological and the physical sense. The benefits (assurances, paid membership cards, higher salary than the minimum, etc.) were satisfying. Anyway, I am grateful for what I learned and the challenges that allowed me to improve my skills such as productivity, communication and autonomy.
Pros
well paid for the education required, students can work only during summer
Cons
working most of the times on week-ends, hard to settle vacations
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONMay 2, 2016
Great place to work, co-workers are very nice, extra hours available. It is busy enough that the day passes quickly, supervisors are readily available to help and answer questions.
Fun place with good people and management that cares
Night Merch (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMay 1, 2016
Management listens
Typical fixed hours
Good long term benefits
Reviews benefits/wage every year
some co-workers are good, some are boring and rude
You can try other positions within company to not feel redundant
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
can be boring after a while
Friendly work environment.
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 28, 2016
Wonderful co-workers, very approachable management. The team was always willing to help all new members, and provide as much assistance as required.

4.2