Costco Wholesale
1,516 reviews

Costco Wholesale Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great company to work for.
Front End Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Great work environment. Co-workers and management are friendly. Busy fast paced location. I was hired a seasonal position. I would like to be hired permanently.
Custodian (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 16, 2015
great management that allows you to find your own routine. Other than the obvious drawbacks of custodial work it was a great place to work.
Great Workplace, fun
Stocker (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: early hours
On a typical work day I would wake up at 3:30 am and get ready to start work at 5. I would have to stock shelves in the morning for 5 hours straight, and then once the store opened I would become cashier.
Good workplace
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: long hours
Worked at Front end, was productive and well paid though very demanding physically due to all the lifting and long hours.
Great place to work!!
Temporary Merchandiser (Former Employee), Winnipeg, St James St locationJanuary 6, 2015
My experience at Costco was a very positive one, the staff was very good to work with, fun and supportive. i was disappointed when my temporary position was completed.
Membership Services (Current Employee), North York, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: increase pay on sundays
Great staff, great benefits!
Customers are the core focus of Costco and that is why they have life long members.
Day's at Costco
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton NorthJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: decent pay -with wage inceases every so many hours.
Cons: the early morning shift.
When I worked at Costco it was fun and good energy , Even though I had morning shift. My day started by getting a cart and a jack and going to my area (Dry foods) and go through the isles and make sure there were no garbage left from the night before and straighten any food products that were not presented nicely.

The forklift operators then would drop any pallets that were low in the isle's and my job was to take the old ones out and put the new ones in. Basically it was just to stock the isles and get everything up to par.

I also helped making new signs and changing prices.

My co workers were great and there was lots of team effort. The only thing difficult about my job was it was physically demanding.
They are a well organized company, people are nice. But difficult to get a full time position. majority of staff are classified regular part time.
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Sherwood ParkDecember 21, 2014
Pros: organized, automatic raise increases
Cons: guaranteed full time hours/ full time positions
Spend most of the shift operating the forklift in the designated areas at Costco. When i'm not on the forklift i am re-stocking areas needed.
fast paced
Stocking, customer service (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 18, 2014
fast paced
nice people
well managed\
good work environment
early mornings are hard
productive work environment
Product Promoter (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: easy working environment
Cons: difficult to talk to manager at times
sell products to consumers, how to successfully sell and promote products accordingly. management was well organized, co-workers were older and pleasant to be around, job is very easy, being around other people.
Very nice atmosphere, friendly co-workers, and kind management.
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket,ONDecember 15, 2014
A typical day consisted of helping customers unload they items onto the belt, and encourage them to upgrade their membership.

During this position I learnt how to deal with rude customers, all while keeping a positive attitude. In addition, my marketing skills were nourished, throughout a typical day.

Management and Co-workers were very friendly, and always willing to help me out when I was new.

The hardest part of the job was memorizing where items were stocked. The location of items would constantly be being moved around due to new arrivals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving a free Costco membership and being allowed to shop in the store. In addition, there's so many free samples to try!
Productive and fun workplace.
Night Merchandiser (Stocker) - Full Time (Current Employee), Costco Wholesale, 7259 Winterburn, Edmonton, AbDecember 11, 2014
Based on my experienced in this company, I have learned many things in life...communication, criticisms, motivation, team work, the sense of urgency, the passion, time-management, leadership, respect, management, sales, office work, the fun with co-workers despite of the busy warehouse each day and many more. Benefits are awesome.
good experince
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 9, 2014
an add value excellent experience of how to deal with customers
Busy work place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 8, 2014
This is the fast fast employment and lots of interaction with customers. I worked only for seasonal period.
Costco
Bakery wrapper (Former Employee), Orleans, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free turkey, free membership, free lunches and dinners
Cons: drama
Great Place. Work was steady people were great.
Wasn't very challenging tasks.
Co-workers were easy to get along with until they interfered with my productivity and personal matters outside of work.
Management needs to improve on communications.
This is a fun fast paced place to work
Front End Service Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2014
Cons: seasonal, done jan 6, 2015
A typical day is to sign in and find out were you are going to be at starting time. As the day progresses you may go from cahier to boxer outside cart fetcher.

I learned that most people are pleasant and the most kids are tired of shopping by the time they reach the till. If you have been to Costco you know it is not a quick in and out.

Management has a lot on their plate and they do a terrific job at getting everyone placed and problems sorted fast.

Co-workers are fun, you never stay with the same one too long and that gives you the change you need in your day to continue at such as fast and pleasant persona.

The hardest part of the day is always being on the move. You never stop. It takes a bit to get used to but makes your day go fast.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant change and learning. Costco is a fast paced place and there is always someone to help in about 2 seconds when needed.
Demanding Company and rewards you well for those demands
Buyer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 21, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: hard to achieve work life balance
Excellent use of entrepreneurial skills - manage your own business.

Hard work long hours.

Paid exceedingly well.

Hard to achieve work life balance.
Very fast paced and busy all the time, which is perfect for me.
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), SaskatoonNovember 17, 2014
Pros: lots of new and unique people.
Cons: scheduling
Costco is a very great place to work! Very fast paced all day everyday. You're busy your entire shift. Constantly communicating and helping all kinds of members. All Costco workers are very hard working people that consider all of the members needs. Management is overall good, although they don't work around your schedule. It is a great costumer service job and the workers are treated very good.
Working with the public and tourist
Merchandiser / Baker / Member service (Former Employee), Langford, BCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: interacting with the public and tourist
Cons: not very good pay
I started of as a fuel dock attendant, then became a fishing guide in the peek season. Then became a second key holder, with involved filling of contracts, end of day deposits, all the locking and securing of the building at the end of day.
It was fun.
sales associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 4, 2014
I worked in the meat department and it was seasonal employment.

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos