Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive fun work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Strong team environment
Cons: Angry customers
I learned much about customer service and how to deal well with difficult customers and situations. Had a great team environment. Management was very approachable and understanding.
Night Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 22, 2016
Pros: extra pay on sundays
Cons: Strict policys
Pays very well especially for a job of it's simplicity. Take safety precautions very seriously making it feel like a very safe place to work.
Overall a wonderfull place to work.
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Very friendly, open and understanding atmosphere.
Cons: Working evening shift often meant not being home until 11:00 pm.
Costco has some of the best employers I've had the pleasure working for. As a union setting, co-workers and members of seniority become a tight-knit community always looking out for one another's best interests. Once employed, hard workers can easily be promoted within and often become life-long employees.
Working for Costco
Cook/Server (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Pros: 3 breaks a day and great managment
Cons: Not enough people
It was a fun amazing job, i got the chance to interact with people every day, always help when I could and people were very nice, my coworkers show initiative to help me produce work faster and better every day. overall working for costo was a great job.
Overall Great company to work for
Part time Cashier/Assistant/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
Pros: Easy to balance work and life
Cons: Unstable Schedules
Typical day at work depends on department usually involves greeting customers, many regulars that visit to purchase items as well as promoting their products. Through this workplace you will learn the importance of time management, Interpersonal Skill as well as the ability multi tasks. Coworkers are amazing, friendly, and helpful, Hardest part of this job is the unstable scheduling. Overa;; the company is a prime place to work at with both great benefits and Cultural diversity to learn from.
Morning Merchandising
Merchandising Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 10, 2016
Great place to work, fun but very strict and disciplined environment. Early start at 5 am. Good character builder. Great environment and job security for college on their CSRP program
it was ok
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: most days granted overtime when asked
Cons: still not enough hours
Everyone was very positive and hard working but it was very unorganized in the morning, there was never a set schedule of what you have to do you just pick up whatever you think needs to be done if there are no managers around. all in all it was a positive but rushed environment
ok place to work
Sorter (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2016
Pros: finish working during the day
Cons: had to get up early
a typical day at work would included sorting boxes onto various sikds. it was a pleasure working with some and a nightmare working with many
Fast Paced & Diverse
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
While working at Costco, I learned how to deal with a variety of types of members in a face & efficient manner. It allowed me to get the job done in a more satisfied manner for the member since my excellent inter personal skills allowed me to gain their trust. Costco is always busy, so efficiency along with speed were key for a successful employment which made me a very quick learner & worker.
Good social addvantages
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCFebruary 25, 2016
Well paid and good environment for personal development.Breaks and lunches are respected , good activities for workers helping the cohesion of the teams.
Great Company
Supervisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Provides lots of opportunity for growth
Flexible with students
Takes care of employees
Good benefits for part time and full time employees
great place too work
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: free membership
Cons: far to drive from the valley everyday
it gave me great work ethics also it was a busy day at times but was also a great place to work as the people I worked with were very nice and they helped a lot when I had qestions about something .
Busy and productive workplace
Sorter / Service Assistant - Deli (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Free membership
Cons: Late hours
Work was typically very busy. I learned many different skills including freight and inventory management. Social environment was somewhat limited due to my shift times. Co-workers were generally engaged in work and worked together. The hardest part of my job was managing the incoming shipments and organizing the inventory. I did not enjoy this job.
Amazing company
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Good wage/happy employees
Cons: N/A
Costco has an amazing work environment which was filled with happy employees who were being paid well and treated well. Management was easy to deal with and positive in the workplace.
Good coworkers, and comfortable work place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2016
Easy job to work your way in to and to get comfortable with. Large variety of career paths to follow and different jobs to do.

Overall a good experience.
Always loved coming in and greeting old clients as well as seeing new faces.
Executive Membership Desk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: cheerful attitudes
Cons: limited to offers available to all clients .
Id walk in, be greeted by guests, staff and had a warm welcoming feeling, like I left home to commute to home. The best work experience in terms of actually being face to face with clients in a face paced moving environment.
Food Court Assistant
Seasonal Food Court Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: Great pay for the job, decent benefit, probable room for advancement
Cons: Hard Work, Bad Supervisor, don't the best Customer
Great Pay, good holiday rate. Hard work especially in my branch because they say its the busiest costco in North America. Some Supervisor are nice, mine are not so. He's pretty decent but get upset too often for no good reason. Work at front end assistant is way easier!
Fun, Hard and cool
Cashier/ Packer (Permanent Part time) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: sometimes free snacks
Cons: enough hours
Working at Costco is fun and cool even if its hard and so busy.
All Managers and Supervisors are very kind and friendly. I am looking forward to have work again in Costco.
busy busy busy!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Costco was a great place to work, always work to be done never a dull moment. there are plenty departments to work up to if qualified. people are friendly.
fun place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 6, 2016
good place to work left to try and start my own company with a friend , and it is not all what it seems to be, costco is a great place to work
Headquarters