Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
On the fence...
Boxer (Former Employee), Red DeerMay 16, 2015
Pros: A few very awesome people
Cons: Lack of positive reinforcement
On the fence as to making it through three month probation. 99% of fellow employees are great, always a few in the bunch that are rude, petty & unhelpful. Management is confusing in the sense of moods and too many chiefs. Aspiring management is very moody and power hungry with very little tact. Training is quick, heaven forbid if you forget something. Also confusing is when training for other aspects of job come into play even after asking management. Sometimes get the feeling that you are just there to do three months then let you go, very little positive reinforcement from management. Will see how this plays out. If a person can make it past probation, seems like an ok place for future advancement.
Love-hate job
DELI SERVICE ASSISTANT/ FRONT-END EMPLOYEE (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: simple work
Cons: no life
Easy work and a great job for college students but must be willing to work every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with no guaranteed hours.
PWD
Professional Warehouse Demonstrator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanandaMay 15, 2015
Management was great, very flexible schedule.
Certain products were very fun to demo, and others were boring.
Liked the job over all, but needed a bigger challenge.
Fast paced and an enjoyable work experience.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 12, 2015
The deli department is a family willing to accept anyone in their midst. Within the fast paced need to achieve certain ratios, this is a unique job experience that allows you the fun of interacting with customers, using different equipment provided, and learning how to make numerous salads and foods in a short time frame while keeping to health and safety standards. I recommend this position to those that like good pay for a hard days work and enjoy being able to grow in the field.
fun environment, good people
sales associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: sales
Eb games was a very busy workplace but it was fun because you get to meet plenty of people. I learned how to greet/welcome customers at the door and talk about merchandise with them. The management was very nice and always taught things very clearly. My co-workers were always very supportive. The hardest part of the job is making sales. The best part is talking to customers that like the same games as you.
productive workplace
Morning Merchandiser (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: The hours because of my children.
Cons: Being too tall to stock the shelves on the lower racks, in comfort.
I learned that its a very fast paced environment which kept me fit. It truly came in handy for Christmas shopping, even though it was only seasonal. Very nice staff and co-workers. Way to go COSTCO!
great team work environment
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 29, 2015
Pros: good enivironment
Cons: tight timelines
great environment that fosters team work. if you want to learn more about the company or do more in your job, management is willing to teach and train.
food
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 28, 2015
demonstration of different products.
I learned to try the different products of foods and distinguish strategies for demonstration.
I helped my co workers and shared ideas to made a better place of work.

Hardest part of my job when I had littler work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I tried the costumer.
Summary
Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 28, 2015
Not a career I would want to have for a lifetime. Need a change and a great career as a pharmacy assistant. Long and stressful days.
fun workpalce
PWD (Former Employee), toronto, ONApril 25, 2015
We start at 11:00 PM and Finish at 7:00PM.
I have learned that customers rights comes first, you always need to have a smile on your face in order to attract costumers and need to positive.
the hardest part of the job is cleaning and washing the dishes when you go back in the office because we may have to work 30 minutes more and we will not get paid for it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual job, cooking and serving samples and being able to interact with different type of people every second of the day and it has made me boost up my communication skills.
Productive and inclusive environment.
Cashier/Merchant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 23, 2015
.Fast pace environment.
.Excellent member service.
.Excellent management and co-workers.
.Safe and friendly environment.
.I learned marketing, cashier, merchandising and forklift training.
.Management are friendly and professional.
. Co-workers are excellent team players.
. Operating a forklift, although it is enjoyable and I enjoy it very much.
.Taking leadership role of your department and printing daily sales, Depo, and MACR.
High Energy Work Environment, Good Management and Salary.
Cashier, Cashier Assistant, Front End, Merchandise (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great Management, High Paced.
Good workplace environment and great benefits. I learned how to provide great customer service and work in a team. Management was great and very accommodating.
Great people and atmosphere
Service Deli employee (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 20, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: very busy
I enjoyed going to work because of the people I worked with,
and the managers always cared. I was always greeted with smiling faces during my shifts.
Busy Job pushing shopping carts through snow
Front-End Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: Hard location to reach, Temp work, Cold weather made it hard.
Hardest part about dealing with the job was having to deal with tough weather or bad drivers in the parking lot.

The warehouse/store is also located in a hard-to-reach area via public transit.
It was a very nice place.
Professional Food Demontrator (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 9, 2015
It was a very comfortable place to work in, the hardest part was dealing with grouchy customers because the food wouldn't be ready.
Great place to work long term.
Lead Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Ajax, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Almost everything
Cons: 4 AM start times suck!
The wages and benefits are second to none in a retail environment. Great staff and management, it's clear from the outset that management wants you to succeed.
Good flexibility and money, but not-so-good people
Clothing Merchendizer (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 31, 2015
The job was alright, the money and hours were great. But the way that management was and the way that communication was made it almost impossible or very irritable to do basically anything within the store.
They are nice enough people who work there, and the jobs aren't very hard.
The best thing about the job is the money and the long breaks.
A place full of support to do your job.
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 28, 2015
COSTCO provides an environment where you can grow and it also provides the support you need (eg. enough staff and many different databases) to do you job on a daily basis.
Cosco
Boxer (Former Employee), N.AMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Carts, getting boxes, and breaks (lunch = 30mins)
Cons: Not long enough hours, didn't use me to full potential
Typical day would be quite busy. Lines would be long, heavy (I was a boxer). I learned that reputation of the store is a huge thing. Complements were also a high thing. I received three compliments and a couple pat on the backs. The management, was a joke. There would only be two mangers on at a time, and they had keys to lock up merchandise, they had to grab. The hardest thing at costco would be finding the manger and hopefully not getting any attitude for it. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was getting put on carts (Outside pushing carts in the building)

I personally would not work there again.
A lot of work
Cashier/Packer (Former Employee), Balzac,ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, short pay
The management was great however, it is not just one job. It is a lot of jobs in one. Whether you're the manager or the packer, there is always something that needs to be done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.