Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall Great company to work for
Part time Cashier/Assistant/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
Typical day at work depends on department usually involves greeting customers, many regulars that visit to purchase items as well as promoting their products. Through this workplace you will learn the importance of time management, Interpersonal Skill as well as the ability multi tasks. Coworkers are amazing, friendly, and helpful, Hardest part of this job is the unstable scheduling. Overa;; the company is a prime place to work at with both great benefits and Cultural diversity to learn from.
Pros
Easy to balance work and life
Cons
Unstable Schedules
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2016
go to work and start stocking up items on different shelves, sometime i do help with the cash and also the carts outside. Job rotation is practiced a lot at Costco. Management is great, all the managers try their best to build a relationship with the employees.
co-workers are what make working at costco fun. they provide love and support while at the workplace. Hardest part of the job is when you're working outside pushing carts during the winter.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
few hours sometimes because of the many employees
An Amazing Place To Work
Front End/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Costco Wholesale was an amazing Job Experience! I was constantly looked after and given opportunities to show my skill and desire to advance and learn more. The management was impressively organised and unbiased. All the employees were treated with the same level of respect and acceptance. Costco Wholesale was a great job and it is unfortunate that I am unable to continue working there due to Injury (Motor Vehicle Accident).
Pros
Good management, free lunch breaks, flexible hours, positive work environment
Cons
long hours, very hard work on the body.
Costco was a great company to learn several aspects about how a business should operate efficiently
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Costco 's culture is very obvious to those who work there and also the consumers who visit the store. It enables a positive atmosphere and the connections shared with various employees encourages teamwork. They were very demanding in what they needed to be done but always made you feel like you are a part of the Costco family, and you always felts as if your work was essential to the success of the company.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits
Busy, friendly and steady pace evironment
Front end assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 1, 2015
A typical day for a front-end assistant is you are helping a variety of cashier to pack items into members carts. Generally it is a pretty easy job the biggest thing is make sure to be nice and friendly to the members and make sure you always have boxes for them. So far I have learned how to balance my time with working two jobs. For the most part the management and co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is if you have to go but an item away and your not sure where it goes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the environment is calm and even when it is busy you don't feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
that schedules aren't e-mailed to you
A growing company with many opportunities
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 4, 2015
This company is a great work environment. There are great benefits. There are a variety of different cultures which is a nice change from all my other work environments. The members and the co-workers are the reason I walk in to work every morning. I can smile and have a good day because of them. The hardest part about the job would be being a front-end assistant like me. Pack members items into boxes, and if you do not have any boxes you would have to go find some. Management is really well and organized. Some managers may be too strict but they do not let you get away. They keep a close eye on everybody.
Pros
Benefits, Room for growth in the company
Cons
Senority: the longer you work there, the better hours you get
Enjoyable work days in a good environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCNovember 5, 2015
A typical day at work consists of either being on a cash, packing members' articles into their basket, or being part of membership. In all three areas, I inform members of the various membership cards the company offers, as well as promoting their credit card. Stocking after hours consist of re-stocking the warehouse while taking into account proper rotations (expiration dates). Management is very comprehensive with scheduling and there is room for advancement in the company. It is enjoyable to be able to work and interact with great people. I like being to do several different task in a day. I like the fact that there is an open door policy in the company.
Pros
Meet new people/ room for advancement/ Variety
Great Experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Costco helped me to grow both as a professional as well as an individual. Working at Costco during my undergraduate career helped grow a variety of skills and helped me gain knowledge which allowed me to further succeed in school. Costco was very accepting of me as a student and allowed me to take time off when I needed to study for mid-terms as well as final exams.
Benefits
Cons
atypical hours
If you like call centers, this place is perfect
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 10, 2015
Excellent place to work. Supervisors and team leaders willing to help and teach. Well managed. Good options for advancement. Decent benefits and good pay for call center work. You always get feedback, especially when you ask for it. Co-workers are more like teammates, no matter how much your work seems individual you can always get help or get questions answered.
Pros
Amazing staff and co-workers
Cons
Random lunch and break hours
Like a factory job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Costco Peterborough is an overall decent workplace but it does have a lot of cons about it, management is not effective or reliable or even trustworthy, there is a lot of "drama" in Costco Peterborough, things there were not done to spec as they should have been and there seems to have been a lot of shortcuts made to make the job easier which was also not ok, even in full time positions you are not guaranteed a consistent schedule or will never know what is going to happen, they do not work with your "life" schedule and only want you to really show up and work and could care less about your life and how the hours could or are affecting you as a human being on your physically and emotional level!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
everything
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Meat Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Costco as a seasonal employee, I wished I could've fully stayed on as a part/full-time associate. The people I work with are generally all nice people, really easy to talk to, and make the workday a little better. Typically, I would start by organizing and condensing the meat counters, and running to the coolers to see what I can bring out to the main floor. And then asking if there's anything needed to be completed afterwards. I learned how to package meat, work with the machines, learning to label the different kinds of product, and basic sanitation skills. The management in my department are nothing short of amazing. They always gave me something to do, knew how to keep me busy, and overall they're nice people who are easy to come to if I ever needed help. To me, every thing is hard before it gets easy. I guess that the hardest thing was making new adjustments to different situations.
fun place to work at
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of stocking shelves and cleaning. i learned how to work in a quick pace environment and how to keep up with it. The management was good they are nice people and very fair. My co-workers for the most part were very friendly no complaints. The hardest part of the job was probably getting used to how quickly they wanted you to work. The most enjoyable part was lunch when i could eat the pizza and fries!!
Pros
you could make a career out of costco
Costco treats employees well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MarkhamFebruary 2, 2016
Great work environment. Costco provides great benefits for part timers as well as accommodates for student employees. Management frequently changes so expect a lot of inconsistency.
Energetic
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 30, 2015
Facilitate outcomes, event planning, Customer Service,Management
I have enjoyed working with Costco, the Members and staff.
I am seeking employment in New Glasgow area as I have relocated my home.
Pros
Flexible schedule, full time, benefits, renumeration, pension plan
Costco
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Costco is a great place to work for someone that just likes a regular job, I am looking to building a career and I feel accomplished making people feel good and Im passionate about it/
benefits
Cons
too long to get to full wage
A lot of fun & a good workout!
Warehouse/Inventory Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2016
Typical day at Costco (night shift) for me was rising at 3am biking to work for 4. Getting to work Signing in, Unloading pallets and other duties as instructed for about 6-8 hours a day. What I learned from this Job good team leadership and hard work goes a long way. The management was very good & I enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the Job was waking up everyone morning. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the people & seeing familiar faces within and out the store.
Pros
Product
Cons
Thee amount of people in the store
Food Court Assistant
Seasonal Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Great Pay, good holiday rate. Hard work especially in my branch because they say its the busiest costco in North America. Some Supervisor are nice, mine are not so. He's pretty decent but get upset too often for no good reason. Work at front end assistant is way easier!
Pros
Great pay for the job, decent benefit, probable room for advancement
Cons
Hard Work, Bad Supervisor, don't the best Customer
Busy and productive workplace
Sorter / Service Assistant - Deli (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Work was typically very busy. I learned many different skills including freight and inventory management. Social environment was somewhat limited due to my shift times. Co-workers were generally engaged in work and worked together. The hardest part of my job was managing the incoming shipments and organizing the inventory. I did not enjoy this job.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Late hours
Rewarding and friendly place to work
Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
Great salary, hours, and bosses. Co-workers are always ready to help. Great place to turn into an eventual career if you would like to.
very well balance place to work hours were good.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2015
On any day at work it consisted of, packing the meats, organization of the floor, and assisting the cutters with anything they would need to be done, as well as member service.
learn to time different tasks. Had an unbelievable work team including the boss.
But the most difficult thing was to fullfil member needs.
The new people and cooworkers I worked with was one of the most memrible things at working at Costco.
Pros
good benefits. cheap drinks and food aswell as gas.
Cons
some members were grumpy, hard to satisfy.

4.2