Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent, fun && safe environement
Night Merch/Asst (Former Employee), ScarboroughJune 25, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunches, short hours, early closing times, good pay
Cons: consumes a lot of energy
Costco is a fun, safe & fast paced workplace. Costco is a busy place to work at. All the staff are very friendly & also will help you with things you may not know. Hours at Costco are good & flexible.
My review
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJune 18, 2015
I did not like the way i was treated by mangers or co-workers. It was un fair a disrespectful. The average day at work was alright.
Great Place to Work
Senior Healthcare Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Very productive and friendly environment to work. People are supportive and collaborative on projects. Great work life balance.
Costco
Worked Front End and Merchandising (Former Employee), Ajax ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: High rate of nepotism
It's a good way gain experience for the future. There a lot of good people that work there. Some of the managers are not very kind sometimes and let there emotions get the better of them.
Hardworking place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 15, 2015
I would retrieve items from members, help pack shopping carts, package and wrap food and stock up. The mangers made sure they helped us when needed and my co-workers got along with each other well.
Nice workplace with fantastic people
Assistant Cashier (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Standing for long hours
I love all of my coworkers. We are like one big family and building relationships is really emphasized in order to make the workplace a safe and enjoyable environment.
learning place and advancement skill
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 9, 2015
Awesome place to work,great people and great environment.
great place to learn from experienced people. and have great management team to support
Fun Environment to work in
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 5, 2015
Pros: free coffee once in awhile
Cons: it gets really busy in winter and spring
I drive in cars and lift them on the lifts. Take the tires off and replace them with either new or used tires. After I change the tire I balance them. Before I put them back on the vehicle I check if the hub is clean then I put them on. After I finish putting the wheel on I ask a Tire Lead to check my work before I drive the vehicle out. I have worked on a variety of vehicles like duel wheelers, sprinter vans, trucks, and cars. What I have learned from working in the tire shop is that communication with your colleagues is really important to get the job done. I learned that in everyone in the shop plays an important role in order to be efficient. My co-workers make the shop a fun environment to be in. I can look forward to going to work because my colleagues are really fun to be around. The hardest part of working in the tire shop would be working on the duel wheelers. the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with my co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work involves customer service and processing customers orders. The hardest part of the job is processing the customers orders in a 1 hour time frame.
Great place for a part time job
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 25, 2015
I loved working at Costco, it was close to home, had good hours, and I worked with amazing people. I was always excited to go to work to see everyone I worked with, the benefits and salary were great! Foodcourt had the best manager in the whole warehouse and I was lucky enough to be able to work under her :)
On the fence...
Boxer (Former Employee), Red DeerMay 16, 2015
Pros: A few very awesome people
Cons: Lack of positive reinforcement
On the fence as to making it through three month probation. 99% of fellow employees are great, always a few in the bunch that are rude, petty & unhelpful. Management is confusing in the sense of moods and too many chiefs. Aspiring management is very moody and power hungry with very little tact. Training is quick, heaven forbid if you forget something. Also confusing is when training for other aspects of job come into play even after asking management. Sometimes get the feeling that you are just there to do three months then let you go, very little positive reinforcement from management. Will see how this plays out. If a person can make it past probation, seems like an ok place for future advancement.
Love-hate job
DELI SERVICE ASSISTANT/ FRONT-END EMPLOYEE (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: simple work
Cons: no life
Easy work and a great job for college students but must be willing to work every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with no guaranteed hours.
PWD
Professional Warehouse Demonstrator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanandaMay 15, 2015
Management was great, very flexible schedule.
Certain products were very fun to demo, and others were boring.
Liked the job over all, but needed a bigger challenge.
Fast paced and an enjoyable work experience.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 12, 2015
The deli department is a family willing to accept anyone in their midst. Within the fast paced need to achieve certain ratios, this is a unique job experience that allows you the fun of interacting with customers, using different equipment provided, and learning how to make numerous salads and foods in a short time frame while keeping to health and safety standards. I recommend this position to those that like good pay for a hard days work and enjoy being able to grow in the field.
fun environment, good people
sales associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: sales
Eb games was a very busy workplace but it was fun because you get to meet plenty of people. I learned how to greet/welcome customers at the door and talk about merchandise with them. The management was very nice and always taught things very clearly. My co-workers were always very supportive. The hardest part of the job is making sales. The best part is talking to customers that like the same games as you.
productive workplace
Morning Merchandiser (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: The hours because of my children.
Cons: Being too tall to stock the shelves on the lower racks, in comfort.
I learned that its a very fast paced environment which kept me fit. It truly came in handy for Christmas shopping, even though it was only seasonal. Very nice staff and co-workers. Way to go COSTCO!
great team work environment
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 29, 2015
Pros: good enivironment
Cons: tight timelines
great environment that fosters team work. if you want to learn more about the company or do more in your job, management is willing to teach and train.
food
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 28, 2015
demonstration of different products.
I learned to try the different products of foods and distinguish strategies for demonstration.
I helped my co workers and shared ideas to made a better place of work.

Hardest part of my job when I had littler work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I tried the costumer.
Summary
Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 28, 2015
Not a career I would want to have for a lifetime. Need a change and a great career as a pharmacy assistant. Long and stressful days.
fun workpalce
PWD (Former Employee), toronto, ONApril 25, 2015
We start at 11:00 PM and Finish at 7:00PM.
I have learned that customers rights comes first, you always need to have a smile on your face in order to attract costumers and need to positive.
the hardest part of the job is cleaning and washing the dishes when you go back in the office because we may have to work 30 minutes more and we will not get paid for it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual job, cooking and serving samples and being able to interact with different type of people every second of the day and it has made me boost up my communication skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.