Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

The co-workers is what made it bearable
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 March 2017
The customers were rude on some occasions. The benefits you received was nice. If you needed a day off on one of your scheduled days off you would have to make up for time lost.
Fun workplace with TV in lunchroom.
Front End Assistant/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON26 March 2017
Great company to work for have learned so much. Many job opportunities and lots of room for advancement in career. Great benefits and very competitive wages.
Benefits
Cons
Weekends
Fast-pace environment
Part-time front-end cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 March 2017
A typical day at Costco is very busy and you are always moving around. Whether your packing cart, on cash, returning items to the shelves, or stocking shelves. I have learned to work with others as well as work quickly and efficiently. Everyone is very friendly, making Costco an enjoyable place to work.
Good summer job with nice employers
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 March 2017
Costco is a very busy store, constantly working to cater to customer's needs. Very rarely could take breaks, definitely overwhelming at times. Overall good for a summer job.
Not the best place
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC25 March 2017
One's work isn't based on how they actual work, but rather on how they present themselves to the higher ups. Rewards are given only if you "suck up" and stay in your "lane" so to speak.
Welcoming workplace with friendly and helpful coworkers
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 March 2017
Costco Wholesale was extremely welcoming as a new employee. Shift schedules are posted long in advance and my supervisors are understanding and approachable. I feel very lucky to have had the privilege to work alongside so many kind and friendly people.
Pros
Able to interact with friendly and helpful people.
Cons
Moving heavy objects can occasionally be tiring.
Fast paced work envoirnment with friendly employees
Morning stalker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab24 March 2017
Be prepared to work, easy to make friends and managers are easily approachable and helpful. Room for growth in a number of different positions, great benefits.
Good Structured Workplace with good pay.
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2017
Good company to work for, good pay, and good hours. Nice coworkers, happy customers, fair priced products and goods. Lots of parking and a big employee lounge.
Very Stressful
FRONT END ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 March 2017
Costco is a very stressful place to work, the managers are usually rude (not all..) and will always be on your back instead of helping you become better they make you feel worse.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Schedule, Managers
Excelent place to work
Seasonal Employee (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 March 2017
I had an awesome time working there, hope to go back next year again.Everyone is helpful and respectful, never had any issues with any other employees.
Pros
Cons
can feel like your back in high school some time (Maturity)
very hard job, good people
Merchandising/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC20 March 2017
I had to start my day at 415 am i worked morning merchandising. I would stalk till 10 then would be a front end cashier. I also work in the vault and photo lab.
deli
Deli Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
environment is cold, and the chicken room was hot, the oven burns our skin with steam when it opens, and morning staff were difficult to work with. supervisor was abusive.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 March 2017
Costco is by far the worst company to work for. It is filled with liars, back stabbers and people that will throw you under the bus to get ahead.
You can't trust any body there, people will pretend to be your friend just to stab you in the back to get ahead. They have a open door policy which they will use to get you to feel comfortable to talk to them but then they use it against you. Management is horrible. They call people that may be "slow" re**rd behind their backs. Do yourself a favor and don't apply there, it's not worth it!
Pros
Benifits...Thas about it.
Cons
MANAGEMENT...and other employees. To many other things to mention.
Great Job
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 March 2017
Costco has a great sense of community, and treats their employees remarkably well. There is plenty of opportunity to grow from within, and even part-time workers are offered benefits of the job rather than only being set aside for full-timers.
lively workplace
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Costco is a very nice place to work. working as a demonstrator and in the sales department made my communication skills improve and how to manage everything. The best part about working there is you get to meet new people and communicate with them.
Pros
good food, make new friends, fun place to work.
Cons
long hours standing
Stress free and great co-workers
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 March 2017
I learned about the merchandise and equipment at Costco, I had the opportunity to train on the forklift and skud. The overall workplace is super friendly, my co-workers and supervisors were awesome to work and talk with. Management was very understanding about scheduling around school hours. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with my hands, lifting and feeling satisfied with how much I worked.
Great Place To Work For A Student
Clerk assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2017
Nice conversations
Great Teamwork
Great Customer service

The part I enjoy the most is working with others, planning what we had to do, helping members with what they needed.
Great platform to learn about the industry
Membership Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
Its been a wonderful journey so far to be a part of one of the largest wholesale companies globally, great opportunity to learn in a fast paced organization which requires us to be multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part of this job is to meet people from all round which is something I love because of my outgoing personality. I love the management and enjoy their support in every day activities at work.
Pros
Great monetary and added benefits
Cons
Not a typical 9 to 5 job.
Great work environment
Commis au Service (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC14 March 2017
Costco is well known for it's multiple advancement options offered to it's staff based on their cultural value to promote from within which is great for their employees. This leads to a good overall motivation from their staff and also helps the process of making employees adopt your cultural values.
Pros
Advancement possibilities, Good security, good benefits
Cons
tasks can be somewhat uninteresting
Great and fun work place
Bakery Wrapper/ Frontend Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 March 2017
Everybody that I had encounter in this work place were really friendly and hard working because Costco gave the best benefits that any employee deserve to have. This is a very good Company.

4.2