Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent,productive and Acknowleging work place
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 22, 2015
Efficient staff and management.Each and every staff member obeys law and follows company's policy .Very friendly place to work.
Great Company
Cashier/Cashier’s Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work and supports part time employees who are also students. Everyone is nice including managers and supervisors.
Good culture, bad hours
Cashier/stocker/member service (Current Employee), EtobicokeAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Understanding managers
Cons: erratic hours
The managers and co-workers are good people, and the benefits are impressive. The warehouse was always busy so it taught me how to balance my time. There is always work to be done, but managers are very understanding.
The hardest part of the job is hours. There is no set schedule, whether it be finishing an eight hour shift at noon, or finishing one at midnight. Can get difficult planning life around shifts.The best part of the job was talking and meeting all the different members. Hearing different stories is just fascinating.
Professional Warehouse Demonstrator
Cashier/Drive thru/Trainer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Free Samples
Cons: Standing for Long Periods at a time.
A typical day working at Costco would consist of standing at my sample table interacting with different customers who would try my samples and decide whether they wanted to buy the product. I would stand at my table for most of the day, helping customers find my product in the store. This job has definitely taught me how to interact with customers a lot more by asking them questions about the food they have just tried, meeting different types of people and dealing with certain situations at work as well. Our management team was split up between three different woman and we usually only spoke to them when we had an issue with the products, seeing our schedule and having them order more product for us while we were on the floor sampling. The hardest part of the job would most likely be trying to sell the product if you have a product on the table that people might not like, for example; New Organic Cereal.. It was very hard to sell this because not many people were interested and then at the end of the day your sales would not be very good, so its definitely harder trying to sell something to someone when they don't like it. I really enjoyed interacting with customers, I would meet all different types, some really liked to talk to you and you would get to know people because they always cam into Costco during the week. I really like talking to people was always interested in hearing their input on what i was sampling.
love my coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee), North York ,ONAugust 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: rude customers
I enjoy meeting new people that come shopping at costco and i love my coworkers .Costco has taught me checking out members in a fast pace and also how to pack the buggies and few other skills that has helped me .
Best Place to Work
FRONT END CASHIER (Current Employee), RockyviewAugust 7, 2015
I am working at Costco , Rockyview.Its a Best Place to work with supportive management and awesome work culture
I am learning a lot here like cash training , Safety measures, Customer Retention strategies. All the co workers are quite good.
I love Costco
Fast paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
Typically a complete shift at costco as a cashier goes by really quick as it is always busy and you have to keep up with the task at hand or else there would be long lineups. Management and co-workers are really professional and helpful in all and any manner.
Might as well find something better while you can, especially if you're a student
Morning Stocker (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Work is easy to grasp, the CSRP makes things easier, you work with some good people
Cons: the hours suck, alway short staffed, never get weekends off, terrible management, favoritism, lifers, bad scheduling
My day is usually boring and all that. I go in, stock stuff before the store opens then find something to do before my shift is done. Overall, Its not a place where I want to work at after my degree. The management is pretty horrible. I get that you go in to do your job, but even that alone doesn't satisfy them. Managers should thank their coworkers as we work hard to do what you want. Some (not all) Coworkers don't treat you that great even if you work hard on the job. Yes you work as a team but a lot of people I work with have no ambition. I've been there almost 3 years and trying to move to the front end because a lot of younger staff work there, and the hours are more realistic. That's another thing, these hours aren't ideal, and if you're late you get a write up. Scheduling is horrendous as they make mistakes quite a lot on the schedule and I have to remind them what days off I originally gave them. I don't get benefits since I'm a student which is find cause its just temporary till I find something better. The job nature is fairly boring, routine and repetitive. Its just the people you have to work with at times that make it unbearable. Overall they "treat their employees well" but that doesn't mean that they value you as a person. The hardest part of the job I would say is that it can be physically challenging but that's about it. Also, once you do it over time, you don't really learn anything, and its not really a fun environment since people there just do it for the paycheck rather than passion. Most enjoyable part of the job is that the people who have been there for too long know what their doing so it makes your work easier when someone tells you how to do something. All in all, Costco needs to take into consideration the value of how hard employees work. If you don't like it, might as well find a job that will make you happy in the long run rather than working there for years which has made some people go crazy.
Positive Company Review
FRONT END CASHIER (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Wholesome company
The most enjoyable part of working for Costco Wholesale are the people and the workplace environment. There are always opportunities to move up in the company and start a career.
Labourer (Former Employee), calgaryJuly 27, 2015
Good place to work, lots of positions to move up. Benefits are good as well as raises based on hours. Good managment and time flexibility too.
Horrible management, no work/life balance
Front End (Former Employee), Balzac, AbJuly 21, 2015
Working for Costco meant paycheques so low I could not afford to pay the rent. Five hour shifts both weekend days and 3-4 late nights per week. I am over 35 and I was scheduled for 5 hr shifts till 10:30 while I watched 20 somethings leave 8 hr shifts at 6-7 pm. I have a little person to put to bed. At less than $14/hr I had to pay out much of my wages for babysitters. They think it's reasonable to change your shifts the night before and literally tell staff to ensure to check the schedule every day before they leave to see if more/less hours added or start times changed etc- literally- less than 24 hrs notice and they do it if you are off the previous day too- seriously ridiculous. There is a long term " manager" there with absolutely no skill in managing people and no professionalism whatsoever. Her name begins with P and she is a serious bully. She literally tried to give me trouble for going to the bathroom early on an open shift one Sunday morning. I was less than 5 minutes. I stood up for myself so she didn't like me, but she has a very bad rep for bullying staff ( many are 18 -24 yrs old) and the corporation does not care. This is the culture. Fear. Everyone is afraid to speak up because pay and benefits don't get good until you've put up with their culture for 3 years and maybe you'll kiss enough butt to get on full time. I've watched semi- fit, able bodied men in their 30's and early 40's stand around jingling keys in their pockets acting important inside under the heaters while staff- supervisors and cashiers that are over 55 and one over 65 are running around the parking lot in a snow storm bringing in buggies. Disgusting. This is at Balzac Costco in Ab.
The ONLY thing that made this job bearable was how amazing the people can be. Most are lovely, wonderful people. But those are the seasonal staff. Most who had much self respect and a basic need to earn enough to survive didn't stick around long.
It is a good place to work
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at Cosco its a good job work life and okay salary. I advanced fairly quickly. The job culture was okay. It was long hours and regress work but rewarding at the same time.
i absolutely loved working for this company
Tended sales, Cash (Former Employee), West end Costco Edmonton AlbertaJuly 6, 2015
Pros: fast work, fast days
Cons: carts (everyone at the end of the shift had to go out and collect carts, it sucked in the winter time)
Costco was one of my favorite places to work, it was fast, so your shifts flew by. Everyone was treated equally on the job and the environment was friendly.
Productive and fun place to work at; extremely fair management
Night Stocker (Current Employee), London, ONJune 30, 2015
Costco has been a great place to work at. Its very straight forward in terms of expectations. Its a casual and fun work environment. CO-workers and management are very easy to get along with.
Wonderful
Morning Merchandise (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: nothing
I loved the hours and the people I worked with, as well as learning new skills and how to use equipment, in a warehouse type atmosphere
Excellent, fun && safe environement
Night Merch/Asst (Former Employee), ScarboroughJune 25, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunches, short hours, early closing times, good pay
Cons: consumes a lot of energy
Costco is a fun, safe & fast paced workplace. Costco is a busy place to work at. All the staff are very friendly & also will help you with things you may not know. Hours at Costco are good & flexible.
My review
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJune 18, 2015
I did not like the way i was treated by mangers or co-workers. It was un fair a disrespectful. The average day at work was alright.
Great Place to Work
Senior Healthcare Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Very productive and friendly environment to work. People are supportive and collaborative on projects. Great work life balance.
Costco
Worked Front End and Merchandising (Former Employee), Ajax ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: High rate of nepotism
It's a good way gain experience for the future. There a lot of good people that work there. Some of the managers are not very kind sometimes and let there emotions get the better of them.
Hardworking place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 15, 2015
I would retrieve items from members, help pack shopping carts, package and wrap food and stock up. The mangers made sure they helped us when needed and my co-workers got along with each other well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.