Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

Repetitive, but easy
Cashier and Member Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  531August 23, 2016
Easiest job I have ever had.
If you get in, you are very lucky.
They pay their employees really well and give great benefits - not just to full time employees, but part time as well. They have a great work program for employees attending college or university.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Easy
Cons
Same thing every day
bad management at this location
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2016
not very enjoyable no movement and no big support from any managers. good for people who like an easy unproductive job was let go for doing my job. managers know nothing about loss prevention
Pros
free samples
Easy going workplace. Lots of interaction between Coworkers and Customers.
Meat Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 19, 2016
Working in the meat department once you get there , you start working. Its a enjoyable work place because you're not isolated and surrounded by customers and co workers.
Pros
$4 dollar increase on wage on Sunday.
Cons
A lot of bending over while refilling merchandise.
safe to work with
Merchandizer (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABAugust 18, 2016
very supportive to the staff and give fare opportunities to all staff. Give flexible time slot to the part time. Supportive supervisor and assisting new staff
Great people, safe environment, warm co-workers, healthy work.
Merchandising/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 18, 2016
Really enjoy the people I work with. Costco is a family oriented business which balances lives needs. Great choice for families and good people who want to work safe and be healthy doing it.
Very busy, repetitive, tedious at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 10, 2016
Costco was a pretty good place to work, if you don't mind dealing with a lot of people all day, every day. It is constantly very busy.

I worked as a cashier, dealing directly with customers. This involved scanning and packing items generally, but also putting away returns, folding clothes, mopping, and facing aisles. It depends on how busy it is during various times of the day.

Most of the managers were pretty pleasant, though there is an open-door policy in place if there are any issues. There were opportunities for advancement occasionally as well.
Pros
$1.50 hotdogs
Cons
Standing on concrete all day, lots of people
Work place is ok,needs improvement..
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 8, 2016
Pays not so good,especially for vancouver,part time employee don't get treated very good there,low pay and no hours..
Pros
??
Cons
No hours
Great team enviroment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 8, 2016
Extremely busy environment. Co-workers are friendly. Management supports staff. Communication could improve in regards to management roles and job functions within the warehouse.
Pros
schedule posted for 3 weeks
Cons
schedule always fluctuating
Supportive and memorable company
Cashier and Packer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCAugust 3, 2016
-A great company all around
-Awesome people to work with
-Very fast paced environment
-Learned organizational skills
-Outstanding benefit program
Productive workplace with many incentives
Stocker/Front End Assistant/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 1, 2016
Costco is a great place to work. I learned a lot of skills, the biggest of them being attention to detail. However, due to seasonal contracts it was hard to advance within the company. One of the hardest parts of the job is to work around customers as the store is big and very well known.
Pros
Great wage and benefits
productive and cooperative with the crews goals at work
Cashier/Kitchen crew (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 19, 2016
a busy day at work where I learn to be initiative with the work that the crew cannot handle. I meet assigned task on time with cooperation with other coworkers. My coworkers are in need of leadership where I sometime take over and the hardest part of the job is where coworkers does not cooperate when its busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when preparing the menu to serve because its quiet at that time.
Secure job
Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 15, 2016
Good place to work for the long term. Hard to get fired from. Do your work and you will advance. Great for students needing part time work.
Great corporate culture and opportunities for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work involves ensuring the cleanliness of the clothing area and interacting with coworkers to delegate responsibilities. I have learned the importance and effectiveness of teamwork in achieving goals. The management is very accommodating to the employees' needs and the coworkers very cooperative in and out of work. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive and unchallenging work while the most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and corporate culture.
Pros
Great corporate culture, opportunities for advancement, pay structure, job security
Cons
Repetitive unchallenging work
Working with Costco team was one of the most enjoyble and productive jobs I have ever had. Appreciate this opportunity very much.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 13, 2016
A usual shift at Costco Pharmacy would start with greeting my team. In the pharmacy everyone is smiling even when we are very busy, and that used to make our hardest day still fun. I have learned how to mix compound, receive and send faxes, type all kind of prescriptions including hospital orders. I have also learned how professionally communicate with doctors and their office team. One of the hardest parts of working for Costco was the very high volume of phone calls I used to answer everyday. However, having supportive and organized team is always a key to a successful work day. And for the most enjoyable part of the day, I would say, was typing all prescriptions and leave the pharmacy knowing that the morning team will start fresh with no need to worry about undone prescriptions.
Pros
Free lunchs. And free turkey for Thanksgiving
Cons
Extremely busy all the time
Unprofessional
Pharmacy Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
Fast paced pharmacy , constantly short staffed. New comers so unwelcome. High work pressure, bossy pharmacy techs, unfriendly, always passing snarky remarks. Very unprofessional in a professional job site. :)
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Unprofessional job site
costco was fun but there was not enough hours.
Sampler (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 7, 2016
I loved giving out samples at COSTCO. While working there I consistently beat sales targets. Unfortunately vendor cancelling demos resulted in a lack of hours.
Pros
Great variety of lunches, enjoyable work
Cons
lack of hours
Good hours, good people, good work
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 7, 2016
I worked at Costco for the 2015/2016 winter season. My supervisors were all very nice and helpful towards me, ensuring that I knew what to do, and providing my with constructive criticism when needed in a friendly manner. My hours were flexible, and my pay was very good.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good Overall
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 6, 2016
Very good job for students and people who are willing to learn about customer service and marketing and want to advance in the company's hierarchy. If you are someone with a strong character and don't like to be told what to do, Costco is not the right place for you. Same as any other jobs, management could be better but also look forward to excel in whatever it is that you do.
Pros
Great benefits, adjustable schedule.
Cons
work on weekends, pressure all the time, fast pace work, have to be friendly with people.
Overall Great workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 28, 2016
Wonderful positive staff and management, I was responsible for the Maintenance department, keeping the warehouse clean. the most enjoyable part of my day was working with others and interacting with the members.
Salary is good, but work is hectic.
Food Demenstrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 20, 2016
A typical day of work would be first of all, checking with PWD Manager, getting all the stuff need for the demonstration, setting up the table for the demonstration, following clean procedures, wearing gloves, apron, hair net, and uniform, marking down information on sheets, and talking about products.

4.2