Costco Wholesale
1,595 reviews

Costco Wholesale Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High Energy Work Environment, Good Management and Salary.
Cashier, Cashier Assistant, Front End, Merchandise (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great Management, High Paced.
Good workplace environment and great benefits. I learned how to provide great customer service and work in a team. Management was great and very accommodating.
Great people and atmosphere
Service Deli employee (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 20, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: very busy
I enjoyed going to work because of the people I worked with,
and the managers always cared. I was always greeted with smiling faces during my shifts.
Busy Job pushing shopping carts through snow
Front-End Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: Hard location to reach, Temp work, Cold weather made it hard.
Hardest part about dealing with the job was having to deal with tough weather or bad drivers in the parking lot.

The warehouse/store is also located in a hard-to-reach area via public transit.
It was a very nice place.
Professional Food Demontrator (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 9, 2015
It was a very comfortable place to work in, the hardest part was dealing with grouchy customers because the food wouldn't be ready.
Great place to work long term.
Lead Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Ajax, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Almost everything
Cons: 4 AM start times suck!
The wages and benefits are second to none in a retail environment. Great staff and management, it's clear from the outset that management wants you to succeed.
Good flexibility and money, but not-so-good people
Clothing Merchendizer (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 31, 2015
The job was alright, the money and hours were great. But the way that management was and the way that communication was made it almost impossible or very irritable to do basically anything within the store.
They are nice enough people who work there, and the jobs aren't very hard.
The best thing about the job is the money and the long breaks.
A place full of support to do your job.
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 28, 2015
COSTCO provides an environment where you can grow and it also provides the support you need (eg. enough staff and many different databases) to do you job on a daily basis.
Cosco
Boxer (Former Employee), N.AMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Carts, getting boxes, and breaks (lunch = 30mins)
Cons: Not long enough hours, didn't use me to full potential
Typical day would be quite busy. Lines would be long, heavy (I was a boxer). I learned that reputation of the store is a huge thing. Complements were also a high thing. I received three compliments and a couple pat on the backs. The management, was a joke. There would only be two mangers on at a time, and they had keys to lock up merchandise, they had to grab. The hardest thing at costco would be finding the manger and hopefully not getting any attitude for it. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was getting put on carts (Outside pushing carts in the building)

I personally would not work there again.
A lot of work
Cashier/Packer (Former Employee), Balzac,ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, short pay
The management was great however, it is not just one job. It is a lot of jobs in one. Whether you're the manager or the packer, there is always something that needs to be done.
Hard, rewarding work with high starting pay and huge opportunities for advancement
Stocker/Packer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good starting salary, quick pay upgrades, huge room for advancement
Cons: physically demanding, sometimes have to work late hours
I work the night shift and come in at different times past noon. Typically I will go and help pack carts for a few hours, especially during busy times of the day. Occasionally I will be asked to help load a larger order into a customers vehicle during this time. When it starts to approach closing time and the amount of customers slows down I am typically asked to help return items that customers didn't want, or bring them to MR in the event they were broken/unsellable. During this time if customers approach me looking for items I am expected to help them find it. When the store finally closed I will typically either help stock the food which was rather physically demanding at times or to remove and compact the many empty boxes and plastic wraps that tends to accumulate while stocking. Weekends when they close early usually go better than others and we typically finish early. Weekdays are not always smooth sailing and many of us would be asked to stay late and help if the job was unfinished. If all the work is finished I am often asked to stay behind and help sweep the floors and tidy up the shelves so that the store will be presentable in the morning.
Low starting wage. Management somewhat unapproachable. Most positions are part-time.
Marketing (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: coworkers are great team players
Cons: part-time, low starting wage, unsupportive management.
Coworkers are excellent team players and very productive. Majority of positions at the warehouse are part-time and the starting wage low, so not a viable option for those that have bills to pay. It will work as a second job.
Costco.
Tire Installer (Former Employee), Crossiron blvdMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: extremely busy cold
Upbeat, fast paced, hectic very busy (a tire shop during the end of fall and starting of winter). Easy to get a long with people. Lots of mis communication between managers - supervisors (etc).
It was ok...
Sampler (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 9, 2015
- Job was ok but now great
- I learned how to sell
- My co-workers were nice and got along well
- The hardest part of the job was standing all day everyday
Good work environment to work and strive to improve
PM Merchandiser (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: sometimes free food was provided
Costco treated me very well in terms of management and work environment. My fellow coworkers were very encouraging and were always willing to help or advise me with any concerns I had. When I asked for days off, the management did their best to allow me those days off. I've learned to be able to depend on my coworkers when I was ever behind on stocking or finishing up something I was asked to do. I've learned to be more confident when I was repeatedly asked where things were and when I directed members to foods or items they were searching for. The hardest part of the job was staying later if we were all behind on our responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting many coworkers and getting to know them.
Productive and fulfilling
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Working with friendly customers and coworkers, while working with the products was very relieving and helped make a fulfilling day.
great place to work
Stocker/merchandiser (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free 15 min break
Cons: no cons
when working at Costco only worked as a seasonal and loved it a typical day of work we would just get down and do what we where told and complete it
Great
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
Loved working here. Treat you really well it was hard work but it was nothing when you consider the pay and they way they treat you
King of the retail jobs..
Majors Sales (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: wages, benefits, raises, job security
Cons: management tactics
A typical day is serving the Members on the sales floor.
Special duties include cleaning the fence of empty boxes, bailing those boxes, helping front end cash registers or stocking the shelves/coolers/freezers.
I learned that Costco has some excellent policies in writing that are disregarded by Management.
Management are on a different level from the staff and they let you know it. "I am your boss, hahaha!" is a direct quote from Day 1 at Costco.
My co-workers were mostly nice. A couple of them show you their true colours when they are faced with the prospect of becoming a Manager.
The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with Management. They did their best to postpone talks, and avoid replying to inbox letters.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping Members.
Good company, Good job
Front-end Assistant/ Parking lot Attendant (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Good hours, friendly staff and efficient work environment. Overall Costco was a wonderful job and i would recommend them as employers.
workplace
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: everything
it is the best job i've ever had and i still have it. i work in the meat dept. Im a meat cutter i prepare for the counter, make sure all product is out and that counters are always filled. i always enjoy coming into work, Coworkers are very easy to along with, mangement is vey well put together.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.