Costco Wholesale
1,795 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible management, no work/life balance
Front End (Former Employee), Balzac, AbJuly 21, 2015
Working for Costco meant paycheques so low I could not afford to pay the rent. Five hour shifts both weekend days and 3-4 late nights per week. I am over 35 and I was scheduled for 5 hr shifts till 10:30 while I watched 20 somethings leave 8 hr shifts at 6-7 pm. I have a little person to put to bed. At less than $14/hr I had to pay out much of my wages for babysitters. They think it's reasonable to change your shifts the night before and literally tell staff to ensure to check the schedule every day before they leave to see if more/less hours added or start times changed etc- literally- less than 24 hrs notice and they do it if you are off the previous day too- seriously ridiculous. There is a long term " manager" there with absolutely no skill in managing people and no professionalism whatsoever. Her name begins with P and she is a serious bully. She literally tried to give me trouble for going to the bathroom early on an open shift one Sunday morning. I was less than 5 minutes. I stood up for myself so she didn't like me, but she has a very bad rep for bullying staff ( many are 18 -24 yrs old) and the corporation does not care. This is the culture. Fear. Everyone is afraid to speak up because pay and benefits don't get good until you've put up with their culture for 3 years and maybe you'll kiss enough butt to get on full time. I've watched semi- fit, able bodied men in their 30's and early 40's stand around jingling keys in their pockets acting important inside under the heaters while staff- supervisors and cashiers that are over 55 and one over 65 are running around the parking lot in a snow storm bringing in buggies. Disgusting. This is at Balzac Costco in Ab.
The ONLY thing that made this job bearable was how amazing the people can be. Most are lovely, wonderful people. But those are the seasonal staff. Most who had much self respect and a basic need to earn enough to survive didn't stick around long.
It is a good place to work
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at Cosco its a good job work life and okay salary. I advanced fairly quickly. The job culture was okay. It was long hours and regress work but rewarding at the same time.
i absolutely loved working for this company
Tended sales, Cash (Former Employee), West end Costco Edmonton AlbertaJuly 6, 2015
Pros: fast work, fast days
Cons: carts (everyone at the end of the shift had to go out and collect carts, it sucked in the winter time)
Costco was one of my favorite places to work, it was fast, so your shifts flew by. Everyone was treated equally on the job and the environment was friendly.
Productive and fun place to work at; extremely fair management
Night Stocker (Current Employee), London, ONJune 30, 2015
Costco has been a great place to work at. Its very straight forward in terms of expectations. Its a casual and fun work environment. CO-workers and management are very easy to get along with.
Wonderful
Morning Merchandise (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: nothing
I loved the hours and the people I worked with, as well as learning new skills and how to use equipment, in a warehouse type atmosphere
Excellent, fun && safe environement
Night Merch/Asst (Former Employee), ScarboroughJune 25, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunches, short hours, early closing times, good pay
Cons: consumes a lot of energy
Costco is a fun, safe & fast paced workplace. Costco is a busy place to work at. All the staff are very friendly & also will help you with things you may not know. Hours at Costco are good & flexible.
My review
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJune 18, 2015
I did not like the way i was treated by mangers or co-workers. It was un fair a disrespectful. The average day at work was alright.
Great Place to Work
Senior Healthcare Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Very productive and friendly environment to work. People are supportive and collaborative on projects. Great work life balance.
Costco
Worked Front End and Merchandising (Former Employee), Ajax ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: High rate of nepotism
It's a good way gain experience for the future. There a lot of good people that work there. Some of the managers are not very kind sometimes and let there emotions get the better of them.
Hardworking place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 15, 2015
I would retrieve items from members, help pack shopping carts, package and wrap food and stock up. The mangers made sure they helped us when needed and my co-workers got along with each other well.
Nice workplace with fantastic people
Assistant Cashier (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Standing for long hours
I love all of my coworkers. We are like one big family and building relationships is really emphasized in order to make the workplace a safe and enjoyable environment.
learning place and advancement skill
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 9, 2015
Awesome place to work,great people and great environment.
great place to learn from experienced people. and have great management team to support
Fun Environment to work in
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 5, 2015
Pros: free coffee once in awhile
Cons: it gets really busy in winter and spring
I drive in cars and lift them on the lifts. Take the tires off and replace them with either new or used tires. After I change the tire I balance them. Before I put them back on the vehicle I check if the hub is clean then I put them on. After I finish putting the wheel on I ask a Tire Lead to check my work before I drive the vehicle out. I have worked on a variety of vehicles like duel wheelers, sprinter vans, trucks, and cars. What I have learned from working in the tire shop is that communication with your colleagues is really important to get the job done. I learned that in everyone in the shop plays an important role in order to be efficient. My co-workers make the shop a fun environment to be in. I can look forward to going to work because my colleagues are really fun to be around. The hardest part of working in the tire shop would be working on the duel wheelers. the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with my co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work involves customer service and processing customers orders. The hardest part of the job is processing the customers orders in a 1 hour time frame.
Great place for a part time job
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 25, 2015
I loved working at Costco, it was close to home, had good hours, and I worked with amazing people. I was always excited to go to work to see everyone I worked with, the benefits and salary were great! Foodcourt had the best manager in the whole warehouse and I was lucky enough to be able to work under her :)
On the fence...
Boxer (Former Employee), Red DeerMay 16, 2015
Pros: A few very awesome people
Cons: Lack of positive reinforcement
On the fence as to making it through three month probation. 99% of fellow employees are great, always a few in the bunch that are rude, petty & unhelpful. Management is confusing in the sense of moods and too many chiefs. Aspiring management is very moody and power hungry with very little tact. Training is quick, heaven forbid if you forget something. Also confusing is when training for other aspects of job come into play even after asking management. Sometimes get the feeling that you are just there to do three months then let you go, very little positive reinforcement from management. Will see how this plays out. If a person can make it past probation, seems like an ok place for future advancement.
Love-hate job
DELI SERVICE ASSISTANT/ FRONT-END EMPLOYEE (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: simple work
Cons: no life
Easy work and a great job for college students but must be willing to work every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with no guaranteed hours.
PWD
Professional Warehouse Demonstrator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanandaMay 15, 2015
Management was great, very flexible schedule.
Certain products were very fun to demo, and others were boring.
Liked the job over all, but needed a bigger challenge.
Fast paced and an enjoyable work experience.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 12, 2015
The deli department is a family willing to accept anyone in their midst. Within the fast paced need to achieve certain ratios, this is a unique job experience that allows you the fun of interacting with customers, using different equipment provided, and learning how to make numerous salads and foods in a short time frame while keeping to health and safety standards. I recommend this position to those that like good pay for a hard days work and enjoy being able to grow in the field.
fun environment, good people
sales associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: sales
Eb games was a very busy workplace but it was fun because you get to meet plenty of people. I learned how to greet/welcome customers at the door and talk about merchandise with them. The management was very nice and always taught things very clearly. My co-workers were always very supportive. The hardest part of the job is making sales. The best part is talking to customers that like the same games as you.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos

Working around arranging stuffs by orders
During my training as Slaughtering Operation for my accreditation and certification.
with my workmate during break time.