Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Good Place to start
Major Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 April 2017
A good place for part time job. Pay more than other companies comparatively. Friendly environment and good facilities for part timers. Good for school going adults and kids
Productive and employees treat you like family
Lead manager/Customer Service sales (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 April 2017
Costco is quite the popular warehouse for merchandise and can get very crowded most times. It's requires constant focus to stay ahead of tasks and production is always being made to avoid any complaints.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Standing for a few hours can damage your body
helping cashier
Mississauga, On Packer/Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
i like working with others and returning things to there places helping to the stuff people buy in the cart and check if they need any help taking them to there cars
Great Place to Work
Merchandising, member relations, till assist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2017
I enjoy working at Costco. I work with a great crew and managers treat me with respect. Each store/ department is different but my experience has been a good one. I'd recommend working here especially if you have a positive attitude, there will be a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great crew, expectations are clear, job security, paid benefits
Cons
It takes a while before you can earn a good wage.
Always something to do
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 April 2017
Typical day was anywhere from working the till to stocking the shelves. Overall not a difficult job but on some days there were a lot of people coming in.
Fast past and friendly environment at Costco Warehouse
Front End Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laird, ON20 April 2017
Costco is a very fast paced environment as multiple people shop their daily. The environment is very friendly and extremely welcoming. Everyone works together as a team
Good but fast paced.
Pharmacy Assistant (Student) (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB20 April 2017
A good place to work, very fast paced in the Pharmacy. Customers are excellent, and pharmacy manager is very knowledgeable, staff are highly experienced. I would recommend working here.
Cons
Busy
costco
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 April 2017
costco had benefits and could lead to more promising positions if you work there for long term, the team was very friendly and usually fun to work with
possibly the best place i have ever worked
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 April 2017
Working Working at Costco was phenomenal. When I worked there the minimum wage was only $10/h but they started me at $12.75/h After 3 months you get full health benefits as well. The management is great and you get to work with great people.
Pros
good benefits after 3 months, high starting wage
Cons
Fun and a lot of experience gained
Aide-commis vendeur (Former Employee) –  Candiac, QC17 April 2017
Everything was perfect except the supervisors: they keep annoying you by telling you things you have to do throughout the day, even if ou did it without them seeing you do it.

For example, you need to speak to clients about promotions, which i did, but every single time that I already talked about it or am about to talk about it, they show up and tell me I have to speak about promotions.
Pros
Free membership (worth about 130$ per year)
Cons
Exhausting shifts
Orwellian
Member Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 April 2017
Worked in call centre. Avoid this employer if possible. You are micromanaged to an extent I never dreamed. Every keystroke, word, movement, scrutinized and recorded. It's really a dystopian, hellish existence. Also, the company is presented as a wonderful place that values its employees in recruitment but in practice it's just the opposite.
Pros
it's work and it pays *slightly* higher than similar other retail
Cons
Psychologically traumatic
Great atmosphere, dedicated employees and management
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
Usually, the store is busy so you have to good in multitasking and good with time management. Management is so cooperative and highly dedicated and helpful.
orginized, fun, great work enviorment, with great people.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 April 2017
Costco is a great work place with lots of room too move up if you are a good worker. also gets you involved in the company, with meeting to know how the store and sales are doing, as well as extra curricular activities to get you involved with the people you work with and the people in your community. also has good wages and good benefits.
Pros
overtime hours if you want to work.
Great student summer opportunities
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
It was an amazing job as a student because there were pay increases each summer and flexible hours for students. I also was able to keep my job each summer even though I left for school during the school year.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Standing on your feet for long periods of time
Deli
Deli assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 April 2017
When you came on shift you checked with the supervisor to see if there were any immediate items to be made if not you proceeded to read the board and make anything needed. The hardest part of the job was working in the cold and standing on cement. The best part of the job was the staff we all had fun. I learned a lot about watching the shelves and learning to make decisions that would be approved by management without having to contact anyone. I learned how to be diverse, one minute you were making pizzas the next you had to jump to another table and make ceasar salads because you just ran out or had to run take chickens out of the oven because there were too many for one person and there was a line up. It was great fast paced time went by quickly.
Pros
co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Close knit workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
A job that provided learning experiences in a community of friendly employees. Little workplace tension, and easy to show up enthusiastic and happy to work.
awesome place to work
Stocker/ Forklift Driver/ Refund Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 April 2017
Costco is a veryprogressive company, one which present numerous opportunities for individual advancements within the organization with the right guidance.
Enthusiastic and great place to work.
Programs and Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
Since being employed with Costco, I have been trained and have experience as a packer, cashier, memberships, as well as programs. I respect the management in the company as they listen to all the employee's concerns and resolve any situation in a timely and satisfactory manner. The culture is very friendly, fast paced and extremely busy. I feel the hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting of items that are over 5-10 pounds. I enjoy dealing with my coworkers and especially enjoy speaking with members on a daily basis. I have developed many friendships of my coworkers as well as members since beginning at Costco.
Fun working there and nice people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2017
Worked hard, communicate,social,early person there before time sometimes. culture or the workplace i great. rude people and getting to meet new people
Monotonous
Photo Lab Clerk, and Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 April 2017
Simply put, standing at a cash register, assembly line service is neither challenging or rewarding.

Worked in three different departments, book store, which was a bit more rewarding. And other than cash, worked in price changes. This position was more rewarding as it required attention to detail.

The women I worked with in price changes were great, we were a small group, but we could depend on each other and there was great communication.

Very little opportunity at the time for women to advance towards management. That has of course since changed. Left because I took the buy out that was being offered.
Pros
Buy out
Cons
Very tedious

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2