Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Overall a wonderfull place to work.
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Very friendly, open and understanding atmosphere.
Cons: Working evening shift often meant not being home until 11:00 pm.
Costco has some of the best employers I've had the pleasure working for. As a union setting, co-workers and members of seniority become a tight-knit community always looking out for one another's best interests. Once employed, hard workers can easily be promoted within and often become life-long employees.
Easy, repetitive and a pleasant place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 12, 2016
Pros: Employees are the friendliest people I have ever worked with.
Cons: Hard to get full time.
Started off as a cashier assistant and my job was to work with the cashier to make the member's transaction as smooth as possible. I also sometimes had to assist with bringing the buggies back from the corrals. My overall time spent at Costco was great but I require daily challenges and change in a job therefore, I had to leave
Overall Great company to work for
Part time Cashier/Assistant/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
Pros: Easy to balance work and life
Cons: Unstable Schedules
Typical day at work depends on department usually involves greeting customers, many regulars that visit to purchase items as well as promoting their products. Through this workplace you will learn the importance of time management, Interpersonal Skill as well as the ability multi tasks. Coworkers are amazing, friendly, and helpful, Hardest part of this job is the unstable scheduling. Overa;; the company is a prime place to work at with both great benefits and Cultural diversity to learn from.
Valuable experience gained from working at Costco
Front-end Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
Pros: Lenient with time-off requests
Cons: Night shifts
Working at front-end in Costco Wholesale, allowed me to be gain valuable experience. I learned how to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, alone and with a team. As well as, better my communication skills that provided me to achieve good relations with everyone, including customers, employees and managers.
Hard work, but fun.
Food Service Assistant - Food Court (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 23, 2016
Pros: Kept me active, never boring, good supervisor
Cons: A lot of hard work, lots of heavy lifting, never stops, could get too busy at times
I wake up early to get the kitchen ready of the never ending wave of customers. This part of Costco is definitely a faster paced part. No time for stopping. It certainly doesn't get boring there though, anything can happen and my co-workers were very nice and exciting.
Busy and productive workplace
Sorter / Service Assistant - Deli (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Free membership
Cons: Late hours
Work was typically very busy. I learned many different skills including freight and inventory management. Social environment was somewhat limited due to my shift times. Co-workers were generally engaged in work and worked together. The hardest part of my job was managing the incoming shipments and organizing the inventory. I did not enjoy this job.
Fast Paced & Diverse
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
While working at Costco, I learned how to deal with a variety of types of members in a face & efficient manner. It allowed me to get the job done in a more satisfied manner for the member since my excellent inter personal skills allowed me to gain their trust. Costco is always busy, so efficiency along with speed were key for a successful employment which made me a very quick learner & worker.
Like a factory job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Free membership
Cons: everything
Costco Peterborough is an overall decent workplace but it does have a lot of cons about it, management is not effective or reliable or even trustworthy, there is a lot of "drama" in Costco Peterborough, things there were not done to spec as they should have been and there seems to have been a lot of shortcuts made to make the job easier which was also not ok, even in full time positions you are not guaranteed a consistent schedule or will never know what is going to happen, they do not work with your "life" schedule and only want you to really show up and work and could care less about your life and how the hours could or are affecting you as a human being on your physically and emotional level!
Food Court Assistant
Seasonal Food Court Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: Great pay for the job, decent benefit, probable room for advancement
Cons: Hard Work, Bad Supervisor, don't the best Customer
Great Pay, good holiday rate. Hard work especially in my branch because they say its the busiest costco in North America. Some Supervisor are nice, mine are not so. He's pretty decent but get upset too often for no good reason. Work at front end assistant is way easier!
Costco was a great company to learn several aspects about how a business should operate efficiently
supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Atmosphere, benefits
Costco 's culture is very obvious to those who work there and also the consumers who visit the store. It enables a positive atmosphere and the connections shared with various employees encourages teamwork. They were very demanding in what they needed to be done but always made you feel like you are a part of the Costco family, and you always felts as if your work was essential to the success of the company.
An Amazing Place To Work
Front End/Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Good management, free lunch breaks, flexible hours, positive work environment
Cons: long hours, very hard work on the body.
Costco Wholesale was an amazing Job Experience! I was constantly looked after and given opportunities to show my skill and desire to advance and learn more. The management was impressively organised and unbiased. All the employees were treated with the same level of respect and acceptance. Costco Wholesale was a great job and it is unfortunate that I am unable to continue working there due to Injury (Motor Vehicle Accident).
A lot of fun & a good workout!
Warehouse/Inventory Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Product
Cons: Thee amount of people in the store
Typical day at Costco (night shift) for me was rising at 3am biking to work for 4. Getting to work Signing in, Unloading pallets and other duties as instructed for about 6-8 hours a day. What I learned from this Job good team leadership and hard work goes a long way. The management was very good & I enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the Job was waking up everyone morning. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the people & seeing familiar faces within and out the store.
Always loved coming in and greeting old clients as well as seeing new faces.
Executive Membership Desk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: cheerful attitudes
Cons: limited to offers available to all clients .
Id walk in, be greeted by guests, staff and had a warm welcoming feeling, like I left home to commute to home. The best work experience in terms of actually being face to face with clients in a face paced moving environment.
Great Experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: atypical hours
Costco helped me to grow both as a professional as well as an individual. Working at Costco during my undergraduate career helped grow a variety of skills and helped me gain knowledge which allowed me to further succeed in school. Costco was very accepting of me as a student and allowed me to take time off when I needed to study for mid-terms as well as final exams.
very well balance place to work hours were good.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2015
Pros: good benefits. cheap drinks and food aswell as gas.
Cons: some members were grumpy, hard to satisfy.
On any day at work it consisted of, packing the meats, organization of the floor, and assisting the cutters with anything they would need to be done, as well as member service.
learn to time different tasks. Had an unbelievable work team including the boss.
But the most difficult thing was to fullfil member needs.
The new people and cooworkers I worked with was one of the most memrible things at working at Costco.
it was ok
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: most days granted overtime when asked
Cons: still not enough hours
Everyone was very positive and hard working but it was very unorganized in the morning, there was never a set schedule of what you have to do you just pick up whatever you think needs to be done if there are no managers around. all in all it was a positive but rushed environment
Long and Boring Days
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Breaks every two hours
Cons: Gave me less hours then promised
I was employed at Costco as a full time night merchandiser; however, once I started working there I was only provided three shifts a week and some of which did not match my job description at all. I did not mind night merchandising but other jobs where not for me.
Working for Costco
Cook/Server (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Pros: 3 breaks a day and great managment
Cons: Not enough people
It was a fun amazing job, i got the chance to interact with people every day, always help when I could and people were very nice, my coworkers show initiative to help me produce work faster and better every day. overall working for costo was a great job.
Excellent
Assistant to meat cutter (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Big Break room. Vending machines. Everyone's so nice.
Cons: There are none. This is a really good job in every aspect.
If i wasn't seasonal then I would be full time but it was the best job i could have ever worked. Even the part time employees get some benefits. Every staff member is extremely nice. Even the Supervisors are extremely pleasant to work for.
Active and boisterous workplace.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
Costco is a great stable company to work for with amazing hardworking employees. There is constant work throughout the week and double the amount on weekends, which I thrive on. The management are a bit oppressive but they do try their best to have employment meetings often to better improve our working environment.

It takes a certain type for person to be able to work for a growing company like Costco. There are all types of people you will be dealing with on a day to day basis. I'm grateful for the opportunity of being able to work with different departments and gaining more knowledge of the workforce.

The only downfall is the heavy work labour occasionally due to the larger volume of goods sold. Aside from the hard labour, I take pleasure working with members and providing excellent customer service and I've also grown great professional relationships with the regular members.
Headquarters