Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Best merchandiser and wholesale store.
Stcokist (Current Employee), Courtenay, BCMay 22, 2016
Pros: breaks and meals sometimes
Cons: Negligible
They are the best in their products and their service, they are dynamic in nature and well organised. Moreover they are having employee discounts and breaks. The management is cooperative and the work ethics is friendly.
good place
Product sorter (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 18, 2016
Good place poor pay scale
Good co-workers
Good hours
A very clean facility with a good work environment
Takes a long time to get to full time.
Costco Wholesale
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Rocky View, ABMay 16, 2016
I mostly worked as a front end assistant which is the employee who bags the groceries and puts it in the cart. I would sometimes be put on to cash as a cashier, handled with angry customers, and provided customer service.
Good Employer
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 6, 2016
Pros: Good wage
Cons: No weekends
Good employer with above average wage, decent career outlook. Good growth within the next couple of decades, and continuing business success as its membership grows.
Summer Student
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 4, 2016
The company made it very easy for me to switch from a part-time summer student to a full time staff during a period of time in which I was no longer in school.
Enriching, overall good working conditions, but management issues and work/life balance not good
Service clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 3, 2016
Pros: well paid for the education required, students can work only during summer
Cons: working most of the times on week-ends, hard to settle vacations
It was an enriching experience, but the warehouse where I worked for clearly needs a more standardized management type. What I mean is (for example) that you could get different ways of seeing and applying the same procedures depending on who (among assistant-managers and supervisors) you would addressed the question or concern. It was a fun workplace at the beginning, but it is an energy consuming atmosphere, both in the psychological and the physical sense. The benefits (assurances, paid membership cards, higher salary than the minimum, etc.) were satisfying. Anyway, I am grateful for what I learned and the challenges that allowed me to improve my skills such as productivity, communication and autonomy.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Nepean, ONMay 2, 2016
Great place to work, co-workers are very nice, extra hours available. It is busy enough that the day passes quickly, supervisors are readily available to help and answer questions.
Fun place with good people and management that cares
Night Merch (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 1, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: can be boring after a while
Management listens
Typical fixed hours
Good long term benefits
Reviews benefits/wage every year
some co-workers are good, some are boring and rude
You can try other positions within company to not feel redundant
Friendly work environment.
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 28, 2016
Wonderful co-workers, very approachable management. The team was always willing to help all new members, and provide as much assistance as required.
days went by quickly, always had something to do
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 27, 2016
Pros: pay is above minimum wage
Cons: hours are not flexbile
I would engage in many different types of conversations while unpacking and repacking people's cart with their items. The management made sure you had your breaks at the right times and made sure you were always up to date with the security and health information. The hardest part of the job would have to be, standing on your feet for 8+ hours at a time and dealing with 'difficult' customers. I really enjoy the people I work with and the different stories they share.
fun place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: worked weekends
Everyone is pretty easy going and friendly. The managers are patient and friendly and the people I worked with made my job a lot easier. In terms of being a student this place is great to work at.
Enjoyed my time with costco.
Front End/ Parking lot (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 24, 2016
Pros: Free food in luch room.
Cons: Short staff in gathering carts.
Always learning something new everyday, great co-workers. The hardest thing about the job was lifting heavier items alone. Mangers are very good to work with.
Hard work, but fun.
Food Service Assistant - Food Court (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 23, 2016
Pros: Kept me active, never boring, good supervisor
Cons: A lot of hard work, lots of heavy lifting, never stops, could get too busy at times
I wake up early to get the kitchen ready of the never ending wave of customers. This part of Costco is definitely a faster paced part. No time for stopping. It certainly doesn't get boring there though, anything can happen and my co-workers were very nice and exciting.
short term
SEASONAL STOCK AND MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
costco was a great place to be with friendly staff and members, i am happy for my time there although i was seasonal i appreciated the time i did work for the company and would be happy to come back when ever the need arose
Productive and fun workplace
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Pros: very flexible
when ever i didnt understand something a member of management or co worker always helped me

enjoyed going to work everyday

made new friends
great training great people to work with and great management
Tire Installer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
Pros: great health benifits
This company is very good to work for, great training, great management, great benefits, good pay. people are good to work with. had good functioning equipment. company had very knowledgeable managers.
Free samples
E-commerce & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
if you work at head-office, vendors often come for presentation. amazing cafe on site. energetic team. great location,
Learned a lot of skills , such as managegin Cash
CASHIER (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 16, 2016
Pros: N/A
Cons: You have to work outside, day in day out, sometimes of the year
Learn a lot about :
Customer service
Managing Cash
House keeping skills
Overall a good experience , but it cloud have been better.
Excellent wages/benefits; Management structure needs work
Major Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 14, 2016
Pros: Good working hours, particularly weekends;good pay;good benefits;generally nice atmosphere
Cons: VERY hypocritical policies/enforcement, employee harassment, gender-based favoritism
In the sales department, most of the work was initiative based, which meant you'd have to pace yourself to stay busy if customer help level was low, otherwise most duties would be completed in 0.5-1 hour. Make sure warehouse was "show-time ready" every day, with all product faced and store kept clean, and assisting customers as well as other departments as needed. Management would fluctuate with how much attention was paid to the sales department, typically either non-existent or overly micro-managing, no happy medium. Got to deal with whole spectrum of customers, ranging from tech-savvy to clueless providing full range of customer satisfaction/interaction practice. Business-casual atmosphere was nice but had trouble defining at any given time where exactly it stood. Because of necessities of membership, theft and undesirable customer levels were quite low. Co-Workers were generally semi-educated, with fluctuating levels of morale dependent on policies being enforced at the time. Employees who did more were given more to do and kept to higher standards than others occurring in every department, which was cause for much disruption, due to unfair work loads/expectations. Management team had highly inappropriate behaviour with more attractive employees, causing favoritism and a few scandals which should have led to immediate firings based on company policy but almost always never did. Fairly good all-round camaraderie among employees, with a few exceptions. Hardest part of job was learning to deal with hypocrisy of policy enforcement, and exaggerated neediness of clientele – more... due to average age of customers and degree of self-entitlement. Best part of the job was by far the money and secondarily friendly atmosphere among hourly employees. – less
Easy, repetitive and a pleasant place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 12, 2016
Pros: Employees are the friendliest people I have ever worked with.
Cons: Hard to get full time.
Started off as a cashier assistant and my job was to work with the cashier to make the member's transaction as smooth as possible. I also sometimes had to assist with bringing the buggies back from the corrals. My overall time spent at Costco was great but I require daily challenges and change in a job therefore, I had to leave
Industry