Costco Wholesale
1,351 reviews

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They are a well organized company, people are nice. But difficult to get a full time position. majority of staff are classified regular part time.
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Sherwood ParkDecember 21, 2014
Pros: organized, automatic raise increases
Cons: guaranteed full time hours/ full time positions
Spend most of the shift operating the forklift in the designated areas at Costco. When i'm not on the forklift i am re-stocking areas needed.
fast paced
Stocking, customer service (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 18, 2014
fast paced
nice people
well managed\
good work environment
early mornings are hard
productive work environment
Product Promoter (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: easy working environment
Cons: difficult to talk to manager at times
sell products to consumers, how to successfully sell and promote products accordingly. management was well organized, co-workers were older and pleasant to be around, job is very easy, being around other people.
Very nice atmosphere, friendly co-workers, and kind management.
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket,ONDecember 15, 2014
A typical day consisted of helping customers unload they items onto the belt, and encourage them to upgrade their membership.

During this position I learnt how to deal with rude customers, all while keeping a positive attitude. In addition, my marketing skills were nourished, throughout a typical day.

Management and Co-workers were very friendly, – more... and always willing to help me out when I was new.

The hardest part of the job was memorizing where items were stocked. The location of items would constantly be being moved around due to new arrivals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving a free Costco membership and being allowed to shop in the store. In addition, there's so many free samples to try! – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Night Merchandiser (Stocker) - Full Time (Current Employee), Costco Wholesale, 7259 Winterburn, Edmonton, AbDecember 11, 2014
Based on my experienced in this company, I have learned many things in life...communication, criticisms, motivation, team work, the sense of urgency, the passion, time-management, leadership, respect, management, sales, office work, the fun with co-workers despite of the busy warehouse each day and many more. Benefits are awesome.
good experince
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 9, 2014
an add value excellent experience of how to deal with customers
Busy work place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 8, 2014
This is the fast fast employment and lots of interaction with customers. I worked only for seasonal period.
Costco
Bakery wrapper (Former Employee), Orleans, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free turkey, free membership, free lunches and dinners
Cons: drama
Great Place. Work was steady people were great.
Wasn't very challenging tasks.
Co-workers were easy to get along with until they interfered with my productivity and personal matters outside of work.
Management needs to improve on communications.
This is a fun fast paced place to work
Front End Service Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2014
Cons: seasonal, done jan 6, 2015
A typical day is to sign in and find out were you are going to be at starting time. As the day progresses you may go from cahier to boxer outside cart fetcher.

I learned that most people are pleasant and the most kids are tired of shopping by the time they reach the till. If you have been to Costco you know it is not a quick in and out.

Management – more... has a lot on their plate and they do a terrific job at getting everyone placed and problems sorted fast.

Co-workers are fun, you never stay with the same one too long and that gives you the change you need in your day to continue at such as fast and pleasant persona.

The hardest part of the day is always being on the move. You never stop. It takes a bit to get used to but makes your day go fast.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant change and learning. Costco is a fast paced place and there is always someone to help in about 2 seconds when needed. – less
Demanding Company and rewards you well for those demands
Buyer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 21, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: hard to achieve work life balance
Excellent use of entrepreneurial skills - manage your own business.

Hard work long hours.

Paid exceedingly well.

Hard to achieve work life balance.
Very fast paced and busy all the time, which is perfect for me.
Front End Assistant (Current Employee), SaskatoonNovember 17, 2014
Pros: lots of new and unique people.
Cons: scheduling
Costco is a very great place to work! Very fast paced all day everyday. You're busy your entire shift. Constantly communicating and helping all kinds of members. All Costco workers are very hard working people that consider all of the members needs. Management is overall good, although they don't work around your schedule. It is a great costumer service – more... job and the workers are treated very good. – less
Working with the public and tourist
Merchandiser / Baker / Member service (Former Employee), Langford, BCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: interacting with the public and tourist
Cons: not very good pay
I started of as a fuel dock attendant, then became a fishing guide in the peek season. Then became a second key holder, with involved filling of contracts, end of day deposits, all the locking and securing of the building at the end of day.
It was fun.
sales associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 4, 2014
I worked in the meat department and it was seasonal employment.
Great company
Optician Student Co-op (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: limited lens ie. no high index
Good staff and great employer to work for, hours and benefits were a bonus.
Good
morning stocker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 8 hours
satisfactory and promonting student.
good benefits
scholarship students
Productive experience in marketing and merchandising.
Front End Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, work environment.
Cons: working outside sometimes.
It was very high-pace working required a lot of physical activity, but it wasn't a problem for me. I liked to deal with customers, co-workers. Only one thing was really bothering me when some of our managers sent me to do works not connected with customer service at all, such as weeding and sweeping outside. By the way, I wasn't warned about any possibility – more... of these duties-activities during hiring process. The most enjoyable part of the job was marketing when I was convincing Costco's members to switch they membership cards to new more beneficial for them. Because of this I improved significantly my customer service skill. – less
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: heavy lifting
Always busy, all different kinds of clients, you need excellent customer service skills. I enjoyed the fast pace and meeting new people every day. the hardest part of the was standing on concrete for eight hours, and heavy lifting
Fun and fast paced inviroment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free membership. great benifits and pay
Cons: required to work on weekends as well as holidays when opened. no set shifts, must be available day and night.
Each day brings you something new. Having the opportunity to meet new people everyday and learn skills that can help you advance (whether your looking to make Costco your career or if your a student getting ready for the working world) many opportunities are waiting. Fast and friendly work environment. Being flexible is a must.
great new people and businesses to explore and meet.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2014
Pros: driving, demanding and rewarding personally
Cons: non recognition by management
busy and demanding, traffick sucks, great company to work for. co-workers are great to get along with. Meet lots individuals of different personalities, back ground and culture.

I learened and gained huge amount of experience good and bad which is typical in any outfit.
great company
Membership Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 7, 2014
worked full-time up front by the cash. i sold guest memberships, executive memberships and american express cards. wasn't always the easiest job but it was fun.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos