Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC17 October 2017
Have been working at Costco for 5 years and really enjoy the experience. Hard workers do get noticed and have great opportunities to advance in your career. great benefits
benefits
Good atmosphere, nice people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 October 2017
A typical day at work was serving food samples to customers who come by, taking up their concerns, questions, comments and complains. A typical work day was 10 - 12 hours long.
Pros
Socialization
Cons
Long Hours, A lot of standing
It's a good temporary job if you are still in highschool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
I worked in the sampling department, and it wasn't the best experience the breaks were awful but it was an easy job it doesn't require a lot of work but it is eight hours of standing with just one break.
Productive work enviroment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2017
Working at costco made me realize that always being good to your paid members has its benifits and that learning to work in a fast pace comminuty has its perks
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 October 2017
enjoy working with lots of customer to be served with. A fast paste work area and lots of fun having doing the job even the salary is not really good and not full time.
Pros
free food taste
Cons
short hours
travail sous pression
Marchandiseur et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC7 October 2017
travail et famille difficile

les collègues sont ok
great place to work
Sales representative/Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 October 2017
Just an absolutely, great place to work. Great incentives, free membership for self and family. Benefits are fantastic. I wouldn't have left if there was a location close to where I now live.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
not located in owen sound
avantage
Représentante Atelier Noir (Rudsak) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 October 2017
Payé 12$/heures en plus d'avoir les pauses et diners payés.
Pros
bien payer
Cons
difficulté à parler au supperviseur
good experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 September 2017
If you work at Costco you can handle eyverywhere in the world,,,,,,,,it was a very good experience and I have learn a lot, but the hours is so tough especially the managers mostly give the better schedules by seniority of employees.and rates of payments in compare to the volume of the job is so so low.
I worked as the advisor
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2017
I like to work im costco amd it also give me much gcilities butmy schedule don’t match with the job. So, I am looking for a new job. I am very happy and also give my best if you give me an opportunity.
Pros
lunch
Cons
12 hours
hard work but great pay
Merchandising Stocker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 September 2017
Costco is a very go go go place, so the day passes quickly. Coworkers are great and management is usually okay. There is a ton of opportunity to go up in the company, which is great for ambitious people, but you can also stay where you are comfortable.
Pros
flexible hours, free membership, benefits
Cons
very busy, hard work
Lovely people
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC28 September 2017
the staff are very kind and understanding. it is hard work but you make decent money and you get to learn a lot. There are great benefits and people who work at costco usually stay at costco for a long time.
Can be an enjoyable workplace
AM Merch/ RTV Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 September 2017
I enjoy working with the people there, and dealing with the customers whether pleasant or not. Always have a smile on your face, in any situation. Enjoy working and listening to the radio while working because it makes the time go by fast. Only downfall is not really any chances for full time position because they give full time positions to employees based on senority. When it is slow, they send people home, and don't allow the extra hours if someone is trying to pick up an 8 hour shift
Cons
short shifts, not much chance for full time due to senority
Fast facing,working with different people
PM Merch Costco (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 September 2017
This company should have career advancement ,they should give opportunity to newly people who worked with them not just only to their long time employee.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Should always work long hours
Managment can be difficult to get along with
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 September 2017
Employees that have been with Costco for many years tend to be abrasive and unhelpful to new colleagues. Clique would be a good word to describe the atmosphere.
Pros
Big staff
Cons
Walk throughs
Fun with alot of friendly faces
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
I learned that Costco is a very diverse, social work environment. I The harder part depends on which department and position of the worker, in regards to shift start and or end. Morning Merchandiser start as early as 05:00, as does high season in Tire Centre. Evening Merchandising can end as late as 23:30.
Fun workplace, very accomadative of schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB26 September 2017
A typical day at work you signed in then checked in with Management to see what jobs needed done, if there was no management available at the current time you would find something to do around the area of your department until someone was around. The staff were friendly and everyone was very accomodating.
Cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 September 2017
speedy flow of customers through a fast paced work place. meeting the needs of the members while being flexible and able to complete a multitude of tasks
Pros
highly energenic pace
Cons
not fulltime
Not good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 September 2017
Not the best place, manager didn't like me, I did whatever he asked always came in early, came in whenever he needed help, used me and then fired me. some of the other managers were nice people but this guy was stressed and couldn't handle it and didn't wan't to help me work and go to school .
Great Company to work for!
Front End Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Merivale, ON24 September 2017
Never gets dull working for Costco and hard work is usually rewarded, once you get in. Lots of variety in day-to-day tasks! Great group of co-workers with training provided. Could take a while to advance to full time position.
Pros
Fast based and lots of customer interaction.
Cons
Could take a long time to obtain full time status

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2