Costco Wholesale Employee Review

View all Costco Wholesale reviews

Great place to start for teambuilding
Front End Employee (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA18 February 2013
Costco Wholesale at Foster City is a great place to work if you enjoy fun coworkers, helping others, teamwork, job security, and the option of working in different departments. The coworkers at Costco are very enjoyable because they are very easy going people who are easy to talk to and they still work hard. At Costco, you help others everyday by asking customers what their needs are and you, the worker, fulfilling them. Job security is very good after your first 90 days. For your first 90 days you must show that you will be a beneficial cog in the machine that is Costco. After those first 90 days, you just need to be a competent employee because turnover is very rare. Teamwork is necessary because you must always have communication with your coworkers and supervisors in order for a job to get done efficiently. Diversity of tasks can change if you want a change of scenery in Costco. There are many different departments inside Costco so if you want a change of scenery it is easy to do. The hardest part of the job is the long hours you will receive over the weekend and the fact that days can seem long because of the tasks being tedious. The other part of the job that can be disliked is the fact that when you are given tasks, there is no free thinking or problem solving. There is just one way to do it and you must do it that way. Overall Costco is a good place to work because everyone, from managers to coworkers, treat you well and Costco pays you well for your efforts.
Pros
wage increase after certain amount of hours worked there, friendly coworkers, accomodates part time, accomodates school
Cons
no free thinking, dependent on others, tedious

Other Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Fun and Safe work environment
Front End Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2017
Working at Costco was great since it taught me to communicate better with customers and be able to manage busy workflow. The best thing about Costco is my coworkers- they were just great and made every day at work enjoyable.
Best Workplace for students
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2017
I learned how to be responsible.
A typical day at work began with greeting customers, encashing and processing their orders, answering their queries, updating them about upcoming promotions and events, towards the end of the day we greet customers and assist with cleaning the store.
Management is very responsible and welcoming to new staff.
Workplace culture is responsible and understanding.
I didnt find anything difficult at work. I had issues with commuting to this place from my house, but that is a very personal problem.
Meeting new people.
Pros
Sunday Premium, Workers Compensation, Cpp, Student Benefits.
Cons
Close to airport, far from university residence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2