Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and cooperative with the crews goals at work
Cashier/Kitchen crew (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 19, 2016
a busy day at work where I learn to be initiative with the work that the crew cannot handle. I meet assigned task on time with cooperation with other coworkers. My coworkers are in need of leadership where I sometime take over and the hardest part of the job is where coworkers does not cooperate when its busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when preparing the menu to serve because its quiet at that time.
Secure job
Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 15, 2016
Good place to work for the long term. Hard to get fired from. Do your work and you will advance. Great for students needing part time work.
Great corporate culture and opportunities for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work involves ensuring the cleanliness of the clothing area and interacting with coworkers to delegate responsibilities. I have learned the importance and effectiveness of teamwork in achieving goals. The management is very accommodating to the employees' needs and the coworkers very cooperative in and out of work. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive and unchallenging work while the most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and corporate culture.
Pros
Great corporate culture, opportunities for advancement, pay structure, job security
Cons
Repetitive unchallenging work
Working with Costco team was one of the most enjoyble and productive jobs I have ever had. Appreciate this opportunity very much.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 13, 2016
A usual shift at Costco Pharmacy would start with greeting my team. In the pharmacy everyone is smiling even when we are very busy, and that used to make our hardest day still fun. I have learned how to mix compound, receive and send faxes, type all kind of prescriptions including hospital orders. I have also learned how professionally communicate with doctors and their office team. One of the hardest parts of working for Costco was the very high volume of phone calls I used to answer everyday. However, having supportive and organized team is always a key to a successful work day. And for the most enjoyable part of the day, I would say, was typing all prescriptions and leave the pharmacy knowing that the morning team will start fresh with no need to worry about undone prescriptions.
Pros
Free lunchs. And free turkey for Thanksgiving
Cons
Extremely busy all the time
Unprofessional
Pharmacy Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
Fast paced pharmacy , constantly short staffed. New comers so unwelcome. High work pressure, bossy pharmacy techs, unfriendly, always passing snarky remarks. Very unprofessional in a professional job site. :)
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Unprofessional job site
costco was fun but there was not enough hours.
Sampler (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 7, 2016
I loved giving out samples at COSTCO. While working there I consistently beat sales targets. Unfortunately vendor cancelling demos resulted in a lack of hours.
Pros
Great variety of lunches, enjoyable work
Cons
lack of hours
Good hours, good people, good work
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 7, 2016
I worked at Costco for the 2015/2016 winter season. My supervisors were all very nice and helpful towards me, ensuring that I knew what to do, and providing my with constructive criticism when needed in a friendly manner. My hours were flexible, and my pay was very good.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good Overall
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 6, 2016
Very good job for students and people who are willing to learn about customer service and marketing and want to advance in the company's hierarchy. If you are someone with a strong character and don't like to be told what to do, Costco is not the right place for you. Same as any other jobs, management could be better but also look forward to excel in whatever it is that you do.
Pros
Great benefits, adjustable schedule.
Cons
work on weekends, pressure all the time, fast pace work, have to be friendly with people.
Overall Great workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 28, 2016
Wonderful positive staff and management, I was responsible for the Maintenance department, keeping the warehouse clean. the most enjoyable part of my day was working with others and interacting with the members.
Salary is good, but work is hectic.
Food Demenstrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 20, 2016
A typical day of work would be first of all, checking with PWD Manager, getting all the stuff need for the demonstration, setting up the table for the demonstration, following clean procedures, wearing gloves, apron, hair net, and uniform, marking down information on sheets, and talking about products.
costco has great benefits
Stocker (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 19, 2016
love working there the people i work with are great, the pay isn't that great unless you have been there for 5 years...
benefits are very generous.
Costco - A fun place to work
Merchandiser Employee (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 17, 2016
Employees are extremely nice and helpful as well as the managers.
Learn how to interact with customers, understand their needs.
The shift includes stock early in the morning, 4-9 am or late at night, 5-11pm. During store hours you assist customers, pack carts, or clean aisles. The number of customers may seem intimidating, but it is not after a days work there.
Pros
cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
barely any shifts
hard work
Work as line operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2016
hard work, I learn there how to work on line, management nice.c0-workers are very helpful, hardest part work on line with no break,
Friendly enough place to work...
Night Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 13, 2016
Costco is alright to work for in the short term. on the ground level the folks there are decent and hard working. We all got along pretty well and some good friendships came out of that experience. However as you cast your gaze upwards there is a certain and unmistakable "Click" culture from about the supervisory level all the way up to upper management. An almost "cast" feel and culture that makes the majority of ground level personnel on the floor feel as though they do not belong and are looked down upon and made to feel they are treated differently.

This unfortunately breeds resentment and erodes any sort of solid foundation for fostering a kinship and investment by the average floor worker into the Costco company or culture and instead laws the fertile foundation for mistrust, resentment, lack of care towards the quality of work. The culture needs to drastically change there before Costco can ever be truly one of the greats instead of just another generic big box, high turnover, low pay high demand and unsatisfactory place of employment.
Pros
decent friendly co workers of equal standing in company
Cons
click culture and an unmistakable "cast" system of leadership.
Fast Paced Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 13, 2016
Competitive work place environment. Once pass probation, you can move up in terms of job advancement.
Pros
Durability
poor training
LEAD FOOD COURT (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 11, 2016
not as great as its made to sound. lack of training and poor scheduling. expected to meet deadlines with in minutes of being asked to do tasks
hard work but lots of fun
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 11, 2016
I love my job. I look forward to seeing most of the people I work with every morning. We work hard but have a lot of fun. I have been working there for almost 16 years, but as time goes on, sometimes changes are made, and when you are use to many years of the same thing, sometimes change is a little harder to take.
Pros
great benefits, great bonuses, great hourly wage, free lunches quite often
Cons
Not alot of consistency.
fun place to work
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
it is a fun place to work but management need to watch over there staff more ... beside that it is a good place to work... it a good place to keep in shape when working
Fun and Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 8, 2016
The company did a good job at making sure that shifts were distributed fairly and the management was also very reasonable.
shift work crazy
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 6, 2016
the store requires shift work for the needs of the business however it is crazy some departments how they require a close open close open .

4.2