Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Overall Great company to work for
Part time Cashier/Assistant/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
Typical day at work depends on department usually involves greeting customers, many regulars that visit to purchase items as well as promoting their products. Through this workplace you will learn the importance of time management, Interpersonal Skill as well as the ability multi tasks. Coworkers are amazing, friendly, and helpful, Hardest part of this job is the unstable scheduling. Overa;; the company is a prime place to work at with both great benefits and Cultural diversity to learn from.
Pros
Easy to balance work and life
Cons
Unstable Schedules
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2016
go to work and start stocking up items on different shelves, sometime i do help with the cash and also the carts outside. Job rotation is practiced a lot at Costco. Management is great, all the managers try their best to build a relationship with the employees.
co-workers are what make working at costco fun. they provide love and support while at the workplace. Hardest part of the job is when you're working outside pushing carts during the winter.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
few hours sometimes because of the many employees
Costco was a great company to learn several aspects about how a business should operate efficiently
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Costco 's culture is very obvious to those who work there and also the consumers who visit the store. It enables a positive atmosphere and the connections shared with various employees encourages teamwork. They were very demanding in what they needed to be done but always made you feel like you are a part of the Costco family, and you always felts as if your work was essential to the success of the company.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits
Busy, friendly and steady pace evironment
Front end assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 1, 2015
A typical day for a front-end assistant is you are helping a variety of cashier to pack items into members carts. Generally it is a pretty easy job the biggest thing is make sure to be nice and friendly to the members and make sure you always have boxes for them. So far I have learned how to balance my time with working two jobs. For the most part the management and co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is if you have to go but an item away and your not sure where it goes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the environment is calm and even when it is busy you don't feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
that schedules aren't e-mailed to you
Great Experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Costco helped me to grow both as a professional as well as an individual. Working at Costco during my undergraduate career helped grow a variety of skills and helped me gain knowledge which allowed me to further succeed in school. Costco was very accepting of me as a student and allowed me to take time off when I needed to study for mid-terms as well as final exams.
Benefits
Cons
atypical hours
very well balance place to work hours were good.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2015
On any day at work it consisted of, packing the meats, organization of the floor, and assisting the cutters with anything they would need to be done, as well as member service.
learn to time different tasks. Had an unbelievable work team including the boss.
But the most difficult thing was to fullfil member needs.
The new people and cooworkers I worked with was one of the most memrible things at working at Costco.
Pros
good benefits. cheap drinks and food aswell as gas.
Cons
some members were grumpy, hard to satisfy.
If you like call centers, this place is perfect
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 10, 2015
Excellent place to work. Supervisors and team leaders willing to help and teach. Well managed. Good options for advancement. Decent benefits and good pay for call center work. You always get feedback, especially when you ask for it. Co-workers are more like teammates, no matter how much your work seems individual you can always get help or get questions answered.
Pros
Amazing staff and co-workers
Cons
Random lunch and break hours
Excellent
Assistant to meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 18, 2016
If i wasn't seasonal then I would be full time but it was the best job i could have ever worked. Even the part time employees get some benefits. Every staff member is extremely nice. Even the Supervisors are extremely pleasant to work for.
Pros
Big Break room. Vending machines. Everyone's so nice.
Cons
There are none. This is a really good job in every aspect.
Costco treats employees well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MarkhamFebruary 2, 2016
Great work environment. Costco provides great benefits for part timers as well as accommodates for student employees. Management frequently changes so expect a lot of inconsistency.
A growing company with many opportunities
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 4, 2015
This company is a great work environment. There are great benefits. There are a variety of different cultures which is a nice change from all my other work environments. The members and the co-workers are the reason I walk in to work every morning. I can smile and have a good day because of them. The hardest part about the job would be being a front-end assistant like me. Pack members items into boxes, and if you do not have any boxes you would have to go find some. Management is really well and organized. Some managers may be too strict but they do not let you get away. They keep a close eye on everybody.
Pros
Benefits, Room for growth in the company
Cons
Senority: the longer you work there, the better hours you get
Energetic
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 30, 2015
Facilitate outcomes, event planning, Customer Service,Management
I have enjoyed working with Costco, the Members and staff.
I am seeking employment in New Glasgow area as I have relocated my home.
Pros
Flexible schedule, full time, benefits, renumeration, pension plan
Great Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Provides lots of opportunity for growth
Flexible with students
Takes care of employees
Good benefits for part time and full time employees
Productive and fun workplace.
Costco Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Costco Warehouse take care of their employee even you're a part time worker you are entitled to get benefits which every employee appreciates.
Costco
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Costco is a great place to work for someone that just likes a regular job, I am looking to building a career and I feel accomplished making people feel good and Im passionate about it/
benefits
Cons
too long to get to full wage
A Good Workplace for students
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 4, 2016
an articulate workplace with high stress scenarios assisting students to realize evident parts of the average workplace in our world today, and adjust to trends and form.
Pros
good breaks, excellent employees
Cons
bad training, no benefits for students
Rewarding and friendly place to work
Food Court Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
Great salary, hours, and bosses. Co-workers are always ready to help. Great place to turn into an eventual career if you would like to.
Very fast paced busy atmosphere.
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2015
Good place to work, pays well, excellent benefits. Very busy,sometimes chaotic with customers. Hardest part was retreiving shopping carts at -30 degrees. Don't like that Costco hires workers for seasonal then let them go, don't call them back so they don't have to pay them any benefits and therefore the staff is always changing.Therefore I feel there is no employee/customer relationship.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
hardly employ full-time
Working with Costco team was one of the most enjoyble and productive jobs I have ever had. Appreciate this opportunity very much.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 13, 2016
A usual shift at Costco Pharmacy would start with greeting my team. In the pharmacy everyone is smiling even when we are very busy, and that used to make our hardest day still fun. I have learned how to mix compound, receive and send faxes, type all kind of prescriptions including hospital orders. I have also learned how professionally communicate with doctors and their office team. One of the hardest parts of working for Costco was the very high volume of phone calls I used to answer everyday. However, having supportive and organized team is always a key to a successful work day. And for the most enjoyable part of the day, I would say, was typing all prescriptions and leave the pharmacy knowing that the morning team will start fresh with no need to worry about undone prescriptions.
Pros
Free lunchs. And free turkey for Thanksgiving
Cons
Extremely busy all the time
Great corporate culture and opportunities for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work involves ensuring the cleanliness of the clothing area and interacting with coworkers to delegate responsibilities. I have learned the importance and effectiveness of teamwork in achieving goals. The management is very accommodating to the employees' needs and the coworkers very cooperative in and out of work. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive and unchallenging work while the most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and corporate culture.
Pros
Great corporate culture, opportunities for advancement, pay structure, job security
Cons
Repetitive unchallenging work
Very busy, repetitive, tedious at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 10, 2016
Costco was a pretty good place to work, if you don't mind dealing with a lot of people all day, every day. It is constantly very busy.

I worked as a cashier, dealing directly with customers. This involved scanning and packing items generally, but also putting away returns, folding clothes, mopping, and facing aisles. It depends on how busy it is during various times of the day.

Most of the managers were pretty pleasant, though there is an open-door policy in place if there are any issues. There were opportunities for advancement occasionally as well.
Pros
$1.50 hotdogs
Cons
Standing on concrete all day, lots of people

4.2