Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Fast pace but fun work place
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC15 January 2017
Although the beat you have to follow is very fast, it's easy to fall into a rhythm during a shift. The coworkers are all incredibly nice and helpful, while the management can seem a bit frigid and occasionally biased. Would not recommend if you're a student as the hours aren't incredibly flexible.
Pros
Free Membership Card, very good salary, friendly coworkers
Cons
Long hours, cold management
Learning curve
Member Service Assist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
The job overall was a learning curve. Learning how to deal with customers who are not always nice and with shifts that varied from day to day. I have to say it was never a dull moment but it definitely opened my eyes to the fact that no job is perfect.
Sample food or other items from Costco Pwd on unpaid breakes only
Bakery/SSOP's (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 January 2017
* a typical day at work
- Well it's hard work it pays of at the end of the day when it is said and done

* what you learned
- To work around the others to avoid interference with your cleaning and their work and be collaborative team player with other duties responsibilities and etc...

* management
- Very well run place, looking after their employees needs as well as their customers

* your co-workers
- Most of your co-workers are helpful and understanding people are great to work with

* the hardest part of the job
- At times removing stubborn hardened flour as well as stains from the ovens and racks

* the most enjoyable part of the job
- When the work gets done and the smiles you get from the bakery manager and the management. Also sometimes when you assist customers needs as well
Pros
Very good pay. sometimes in the cafeteria free buffets
Cons
Seasonal
Great Company
Front End Assistant (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Great Company to work for. Very nice compensation. I wish I could work there full-time. Management at my location was awesome! They trained me to cash in a few weeks after I started. Initially I was hired as a packer.
Productive and good workplace environment
Bilingual Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2017
It was a very good first experience in Call centre but what I liked is the similarity with the administrative job. Day at work was very busy, no time to answer private calls; co-workers were very friendly; job itself very demanding in terms of patience and accuracy.
Amazing place to work for.
Front End Packer/Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS4 January 2017
Costco was an amazing place to work for and I would recommend it to anybody. They have amazing pay raise opportunities, they pay 100 dollars a year for shoe vouchers, give away free turkeys at Christmas and give steady raises based on hours worked. They treat their employees well and are extremely fair to long-term employees regarding time off. An employee can earn up to 5 weeks vacation, depending on how long they have been working for the company, and make up to 25.00 an hour without becoming a manager. Costco also gives its employees a free executive membership, which lets them earn back on their purchases at the warehouse. There is also a yearly bonus for long-term employees.
Pros
Amazing staff, discounts, pay raises, yearly bonus
Cons
Too much gossip between managers and co workers, not enough managerial boundaries
fun environment where hard work and dedication are recognized
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
early mornings for stockers are easy to get used to, the workers and management are helpful and fair. good hard work was always recognized and praised. fast paced work means that as you are rarely working in the vicinity of others it is hard to get to know others on a personal level.
Pros
good and fair management, flexible shifts.
Cons
early mornings, short shifts
Faced paced place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
I was seasonal employee. I worked whatever they asked and whatever hours were assigned to me. I was on time and did productive work. Co-workers are very friendly and managers were satisfied with my work.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No one says that I am no longer working there, just didn't have my schedule and didn't go to work anymore
great place to work
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2017
steady and secure job. nothing out of the ordinary , but great benefits. people are usually great as well. management is proactive on individual success along with the warehouse's success
Costco is a very good place to work
Merchandiser & Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 January 2017
I enjoy most facets of my job with Costco.

A typical day includes physical labor as I work as an early morning (5:00am) merchandiser. This means that I am one of the first people in every day and am responsible for getting the business ready for open.

I have a management team that makes me feel part of a team. The majority of management I work with push me to do my best and promote my personal success. My co-workers are the best part of my job. They are genuinely good people who make my day even better.

The hardest part of my job can sometimes be the fast pace required on a daily basis. While most days are better than others, some require a great face lift on the way merchandise is presented due to the influx of new product or general wishes of management.
Pros
Free membership, benefits
Cons
Fast pace (occasionally), missed communication opportunities
Fast paced work environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 January 2017
Enjoyed working here. Had good hours that worked with my schedule and were easy going when I had schedule changes of my own. Also a nice group of people working there.
member service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2017
I loved working for costco. A diverse company that allows anyone to succeed and climb the corprate ladder. They allowed me to wait to be comfortable on cash which was nice knowing they cared about me as a human
Cashier/Packer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 January 2017
Fast pace working environment, always busy must be on your toes at all times. Co-workers are very friendly. good pay and benefits
Pros
Great pay
Cons
not enough hours given
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 January 2017
I loved working here because there was never a day that I wasn't doing something. Always keeping busy. If you want to learn something new, they would teach you. I learned to do cash here so it was a good experience.
whole sale
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS31 December 2016
very friendly environment and my all Co- workers are really help full.it is all about the team work and learnt lot of team work.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
long shift and heavy lifting
good place but not enough training
Meat Counter/Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 December 2016
I enjoyed my time at Costco but I felt like I did not receive enough training. when I did make a mistake I explained that I needed more training but never got it.

I felt it was very "clicky" with the groups of people that worked there.
I was very fortunate with the people that I had worked with.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
not enough training
Great people
Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB26 December 2016
Great people, great place to work, will really miss it!!! Love the customer service part of the job, lots of room for advancement! Would still be working there if I wasn't moving!! Tried to Relocate, but no openings.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Low starting wage, advancement by seniority not skills.
Go getter job.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 December 2016
They are a good employer but hard to make an impression when no one follows company rules. Make you wear steel toed boots when half the staff walks around in sneakers.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Poor management, hard to gain full time.
Fast paced and customer (member) oriented work environment.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at Costco begins at 5am.The first 3 to 4 hours are very labour intensive.The floors have to be swept to remove all wood pieces from the floor that have been left behind from the forklifts moving skids of materials onto the floors all night.I probably walk 5 miles accomplishing this.It was tough at first,but now it has become routine with the benefit of feeling healthier as I have lost 15 lbs.The management is very appreciative of our hard work in getting the store ready for opening every morning and constantly thanks employees for doing a good job.Once the store is open I enjoy helping our customers locate items in this massive store that they cannot locate.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
working every weekend
Steady Hours, Fast Pace work place.
Front End Assistant, Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 December 2016
Morning merchandise stocker required being at the work place by 4:30am each day of the week. Managers are very demanding and work place is very fast pace. Great benefits.
Pros
Stable Hours and paid breaks.
Cons
Too demanding on work pace.

4.2