Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Costco Wholesale - Very busy, fast pace, and successful business
Front End Assistant and Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 September 2016
- must be very attentive and ready to go always
- learned many front end positions and tasks, as well as merchandise
- managers have many employees to watch over and direct
- co-workers are happy for the most part
- hardest part of the job is the fast pace and constant flow of members
- most enjoyable part is member satisfaction and marketing programs to members
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Always busy, no time to really catch a breath
Productive, Energetic
Customer Service Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB15 November 2016
Costco Canada Liquor was a very enjoyable place to work. Customers coming in and asking for recommendations for wine/ spirits made me become more interested in wine and spirits. Before working at the liquor store I knew nothing about wines and spirits; my time here helped me expand my knowledge on the industry.
Pros
Fun Inventory, Pizza Party
Fast paced work environment, and sanitary procedures
Meat Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2016
A typical day at Costco would be making hamburger consistently, and making sure our services run smooth. The thing I enjoy most about this job is the communication between associates, and learning new and more productive ways to clean, these aspects are important in keeping the meat department running efficiently. I know it was nothing personal, but the management had a tendency to be hard on the staff, and their work. The hardest part of this job would likely be the weakly case cleaning.( It's hard on the back) I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my co-workers, they have taught me the ins and outs of the meat department, and they are a very friendly group individuals..
Pros
Free Coffee and Occasional free food in the lunch room
Cons
Cold environment, work with potentially dangerous chemical
Productive, Effort, Time Management
Morning Stocker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2016
Stocking early in the morning & installing tires when the store is open. I have learned to manage my time & help my co-workers when they fall behind. management is easy to communicate with & there is always someone available to handle any issues. The job is very versatile, & I have been in many departments. I have met many people & have enjoyed working along side many of them.
Great Enviroment
Front End Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 November 2016
Due to the fact that I was seasonal and tried to stay on I had a unpleasant experience when they only kept people who had family or friends already working there. I felt they were unfair especially since some of the people they kept had made big mistakes and had warning given to them.
Pros
Good Pay, Lots of Hours
Cons
Unfair management
Very busy, repetitive, tedious at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 August 2016
Costco was a pretty good place to work, if you don't mind dealing with a lot of people all day, every day. It is constantly very busy.

I worked as a cashier, dealing directly with customers. This involved scanning and packing items generally, but also putting away returns, folding clothes, mopping, and facing aisles. It depends on how busy it is during various times of the day.

Most of the managers were pretty pleasant, though there is an open-door policy in place if there are any issues. There were opportunities for advancement occasionally as well.
Pros
$1.50 hotdogs
Cons
Standing on concrete all day, lots of people
Great company and great atmosphere
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 October 2016
I really enjoyed working at Costco. The atmosphere was very friendly. I learned a lot of things in the pharmacy, in the beginning it was hard for me since i did not have experience in pharmacies. But now i know my way very well.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
customers believe that they own the workers because they pay for membership
Costco
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  rockyview county,Alberta28 November 2016
Typical day starts later in the afternoon and goes until 11:00 due to I was doing night stocking and making all the produce look full before the next day. Management was awesome as long and you were honest with them and gave them enough notice they would work with you to give you days off
Pros
everyone took coffee breaks at the same time
productive and cooperative with the crews goals at work
Cashier/Kitchen crew (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 July 2016
a busy day at work where I learn to be initiative with the work that the crew cannot handle. I meet assigned task on time with cooperation with other coworkers. My coworkers are in need of leadership where I sometime take over and the hardest part of the job is where coworkers does not cooperate when its busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when preparing the menu to serve because its quiet at that time.
Great corporate culture and opportunities for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 July 2016
A typical day at work involves ensuring the cleanliness of the clothing area and interacting with coworkers to delegate responsibilities. I have learned the importance and effectiveness of teamwork in achieving goals. The management is very accommodating to the employees' needs and the coworkers very cooperative in and out of work. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive and unchallenging work while the most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and corporate culture.
Pros
Great corporate culture, opportunities for advancement, pay structure, job security
Cons
Repetitive unchallenging work
Productive workplace with many incentives
Stocker/Front End Assistant/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2016
Costco is a great place to work. I learned a lot of skills, the biggest of them being attention to detail. However, due to seasonal contracts it was hard to advance within the company. One of the hardest parts of the job is to work around customers as the store is big and very well known.
Pros
Great wage and benefits
Good Overall
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 July 2016
Very good job for students and people who are willing to learn about customer service and marketing and want to advance in the company's hierarchy. If you are someone with a strong character and don't like to be told what to do, Costco is not the right place for you. Same as any other jobs, management could be better but also look forward to excel in whatever it is that you do.
Pros
Great benefits, adjustable schedule.
Cons
work on weekends, pressure all the time, fast pace work, have to be friendly with people.
Fun and fast paced work environment
cashier assistant, cart pusher and stocker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2016
During a typical day I may work several positions such as cashier, bagger,stocker, pushing carts. This has forced me to be adaptable to new positions.
Pros
Employees are valued, great work/school balance, flexible schedule
Cons
gets disorganized sometimes
Repetitive, but easy
Cashier and Member Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  53123 August 2016
Easiest job I have ever had.
If you get in, you are very lucky.
They pay their employees really well and give great benefits - not just to full time employees, but part time as well. They have a great work program for employees attending college or university.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Easy
Cons
Same thing every day
I enjoyed my time there and the advancement potential was great
Cashier/Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 October 2016
I very much enjoyed my time there, my coworkers and management. The only thing was I wanted a regular working shift each week which is very difficult to gt unless you have lots of seniority.
Pros
great room for advancment
Cons
shift hours
good place to work as a student
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 October 2016
When working at Costco i felt welcome. All the co-workers were friendly. The work was usual consist and repetitive, but doesn't add to much strain on your body. The break times are reasonable. They also offer benefits for students.
Pros
comfortable workeplace
Cons
short shifts
Easy going workplace. Lots of interaction between Coworkers and Customers.
Meat Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 August 2016
Working in the meat department once you get there , you start working. Its a enjoyable work place because you're not isolated and surrounded by customers and co workers.
Pros
$4 dollar increase on wage on Sunday.
Cons
A lot of bending over while refilling merchandise.
Ok
STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 September 2016
pharmacy is properly staffed. pharmacists spends most of their time concentrating on servicing customers. Management rules are more geared towards front tore. Front store management is supervising pharmacy operation more than their expertise would allow which sometimes cause conflicts
Very fun to work at and great pay!
Morning stockee (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 October 2016
Be energetic and be quick at your job and you'll do fine! The managers were great and helpful and the pay was amazing! Usually started at 5am but finished an 8 hour shift at 1:30 which was also very nice!
Pros
Good pay, good hours and good managers
Cons
Early mornings
Staff treated me like family.
Cart Attendant - Seasonal Employment (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2016
They treat their employees there fairly well, they're always busy through out the day, always something to do and the food is really good. I had an enjoyable time working there. Thanks for the safe/friendly environment you gave me.

4.2