Costco Wholesale Pay & Benefits reviews

Certified Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 February 2018
Very good salary and wonderful management. Benefits are great and time off requests are granted with no fuss. Employees are treated well and there is a lot of room for advancement.
Productive workplace and good work experience
Cashier / Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2018
Managers are very nice people and professional co-workers are like any other work place good people and bad people but overall the company is worth working for because of the opportunities competitive wages and benefits.
Pros
company offers a lot
Cons
job tasks arent very exciting and more plain and simple
nice place to work
Baker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2018
good benefits and pay. management are always there to help. lots of opportunities to go up. hard to find a company nowadays that will give you good work atmosphere
Okay place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC3 February 2018
Okay place to work in. I worked for a flower company in costco called bloomstar. I did 12 hours onSaturday, and 11 on Saturday. I only got a half hour break, which really sucked considering the amount of hours I worked...
The Costco Job Life
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 February 2018
Working for Costco is pretty good for the most part, the co-workers are probably the best part, the pay is decent, being jjust above minimum wage, but promotions and getting a full time position could take years. Costco is best for student jobs as they have a really good student retention program
Pros
Awesome work environment and co-workers
Cons
part time hours get cut a lot
Great First Job
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 January 2018
This company awards loyalty, hard work and seniority. Good benefits, decent pay, and good management. Hours are not ideal as all day shifts are given to those with seniority.
Pros
Good workplace and benefits
Cons
must work evenings and weekends
Very nice for entry level work
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB30 January 2018
Costco Canada is a good place to work if you are looking for an entry level position that has a lot of room for potential advancement as well as fairly significant benefits.
Productive workplace for regular staff
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
A difficult place to work in after the holiday seasons are over.
Work is not full time so you should have no expectation to get maximum hours outside of peak seasons.
Pros
Inexpensive lunches/ Great hotdogs
Cons
Not enough hours once Christmas is over...
Good place to work for students
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC29 January 2018
Good place to work for students. It's a phisical work. Flexible schedule. Obligations to work every weekend. Often evening shifts. Good insurance and benefits.
Pros
Costco membership card is free.
Cons
Working every weekend.
good salary but stressful job environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2018
come to pharmacy with lots of Rx to count and dispense. Because of the volume of the prescriptions and long work hours some times, it is bit stressful and frustrating
Pros
good salary
Cons
Can be a very good employer but the drama and infidelity is outrageous
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton26 January 2018
I have witnessed High member of management (married) have an affair with a subordinate and promote her. When the wife found out and caused massive scene the director was transferred and the subordinate was able to keep her promotion. She went on to continue that exact behaviour for years with management and married members and was promoted to manager yet again. She treats everyone like terribly, receives written complaints one after the other and management protects her because they all sleep together!
If this is your thing, get great pay and sleep with everyone you work with Welcome to Moncton Costco!
Pros
Great benefits / pay
Cons
Drama / massive infidelity / reward poor behaviour
typical day at costco
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 January 2018
It is a face paced environment, where you are dealing with 1000's of customers a day. Great place to grow your communication skills and on the spot thinking.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Working weekends
Great company.
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 January 2018
I have been employed for many years at Costco. I have worked in several departments. My experience here has been life changing. I make a decent living, have great benefits and love my Costco family. Thank you Costco, for making my life better, happier and stable.
the work is fun but every day challenge
Cashier & Packer / meat receiving / Am Merch (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
The work that done consist of alot of labour hard and physical work and I have to be on toes at all time when putting out every morning. At the end it all look good when finished. The management is good and they know what they are doing
Pros
best pay package
Cons
a lot of work
Realistically Wonderful
Morning Merch Stocker (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 January 2018
Costco, in short, is a great place to work. The systems and priorities put in place by upper management establish an energetic and "all together" atmosphere filled with awesome benefits, frequent wage raises, and a regular focus on cooperation and Teamwork. These are areas that Costco excels at. To be totally fair there are certain blemishes one can expect working in any retail environment and Costco is unfortunately not immune to them. Expect a tense environment during holiday seasons, expect some grumpy coworkers from time to time, expect some questionable decisions from leadership, expect what you would normally get working with human beings. But with that said, Costco does an impressive job at resolving conflict and recognizing this human element of the modern workplace. Often management will follow up a mistake with six or seven good decisions to follow it. So for every blemish, Costco may have, you can expect the Integrity to recognize and smooth over those blemishes.
Pros
Many benefits, Regular raises, Team focused, improvement focused
Cons
Consists of human beings who make human mistakes
Great employer. Costco offered extensive training and on most occasions they hired and promoted from within the company.
Buyer (Furniture) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 January 2018
I consider Costco Wholesale to be the best employer in Canada.
They offered me training for computers as well as Management courses.If you are willing to put in the work and hours needed you will be rewarded. Best pay, best benefits.
Pros
Best Pay, Best Benefits, fun work enviroment
Excellent workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
My time with Costco was great. I took time off when I had a child and even though I was pregnant they took very good care of me as an employee. Now my child is grown and I would like to return to the workforce.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Good place for young people
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
It's a good place to work, good job security, pay and benefits are also good. Like with any retail, you will get 40 hours only during holidays. Any chances to move up are based on your seniority, merits and qualifications are not the main criteria. Lifting heavy products is expected. Warehouse environment.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Advancement is not by merits but by seniority.
Good benefits
Morning and Evening Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC and St john's NL13 January 2018
wage was good, and guaranteed hours. However managemnent at the NL location made me want to quite. Hated that location, but enjoyed my work at the surrey BC location
Busy and fast-paced environment
Frontend Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2018
Given ours do not support a balanced life style, however a lot are given. Hourly salary was fair. A typical day was busy but not stressful. I have become stringer at working under a high-pressure situation. Management is really fair, as they consider your outside life schedule for schedule building. Hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting required for loading assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet and interact with new people, such as customers and employees.
Pros
Plenty of benefits
Cons
Long and inconvenient hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2