Costco Wholesale Pay & Benefits reviews

Best Workplace for students
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2017
I learned how to be responsible.
A typical day at work began with greeting customers, encashing and processing their orders, answering their queries, updating them about upcoming promotions and events, towards the end of the day we greet customers and assist with cleaning the store.
Management is very responsible and welcoming to new staff.
Workplace culture is responsible and understanding.
I didnt find anything difficult at work. I had issues with commuting to this place from my house, but that is a very personal problem.
Meeting new people.
Pros
Sunday Premium, Workers Compensation, Cpp, Student Benefits.
Cons
Close to airport, far from university residence.
Retail
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
The best part about working at Costco is the health care benefits as well the people you work with. The salary is higher then most retail jobs however its hard to justify it based on the housing market in Toronto. However most of us stay at Costco because of our co-workers but management can be a pain sometimes.
Productive and Hard Working
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
A typical day at Costco is dealing with member(s) questions, helping members when they need a hand with a large item and stocking the shelves at night time for members to shop from the next morning. I learned how to deal with members from the good and difficult times, I learned how to communicate better with my fellow co workers, and I also learned how to become a team player while working with fellow co-workers as well. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with not so nice members and learning how to deal and cope with them in a proper manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is stocking at night time and finishing your isle on a strict time limit, in a neat and clean fashion.
Benefits
Cons
Working Every Weekend
Great Work Place
Wrapper and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 November 2017
Costco has a wide variety of jobs that offer great benefits and pension over time. Feels like you're part of a big team. Lots of good people to work with.
Student Summer Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 November 2017
They only allow students to work during the summer months and pay decent hourly wages to students. It allowed me to save up money for the next school year without worrying about working full time while in school.
Pros
higher wages
Cons
Long Hours
Very Fast Paced Environment
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2017
Very fast paced environment. A lot was expected to be done in a short amount of time. Lots of food was wasted instead of being donated to food bank and less fortunate.
Fast paced
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 November 2017
This was a very busy environment. A little too demanding sometimes but you learn to adjust yourself to your situations. I didn't get the hours I expected, but took what I could get.
Pros
raises were great
Cons
not enough hours and no life for myself
Great place
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB30 October 2017
Definitely the place you want to work at all your life. It is a place if you want to move up in the company fast and has great benefits. After your 3 months with Costco you receive 3 free Costco cards for you and your family, they never have to pay again.
Pros
Great benefits
Advice to managment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 October 2017
Jim Sinegal was the founder of Costco. He knew that if you kept your employees happy the rest would take care of its self. Since his retirement, this has changed and it shows. The employees are treated militantly now. If you are 1 minute late from your lunch, they record it. After 3 of these there is disciplinary action. WTF? Please get back to treating your employees like the assets they really are. Audit your employees happiness to the level you do everything else in your company. I was a manager for 24 years there. I know what I'm talking about.

Pros
Stability and the benefits are good. With the right Warehouse Manager, this can be a good place to work. Promotions are made from within. So there are managers in high positions that are not suited for the position they're in.

Cons
They will say the words "we understand people work to live not live to work" but in reality this is not the case. The general happiness of the employees is sorely in need of an upgrade. Costco is operated like all the classic American Corporation are. Everything is about the investors and not about the employees. You must "drink the Koolaid" to be promoted. Thinking is not welcome, it's done for you so just do what we say.
Pros
See above
Cons
long hours for Management.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC17 October 2017
Have been working at Costco for 5 years and really enjoy the experience. Hard workers do get noticed and have great opportunities to advance in your career. great benefits
benefits
Good atmosphere, nice people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 October 2017
A typical day at work was serving food samples to customers who come by, taking up their concerns, questions, comments and complains. A typical work day was 10 - 12 hours long.
Pros
Socialization
Cons
Long Hours, A lot of standing
It's a good temporary job if you are still in highschool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
I worked in the sampling department, and it wasn't the best experience the breaks were awful but it was an easy job it doesn't require a lot of work but it is eight hours of standing with just one break.
Productive work enviroment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2017
Working at costco made me realize that always being good to your paid members has its benifits and that learning to work in a fast pace comminuty has its perks
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 October 2017
enjoy working with lots of customer to be served with. A fast paste work area and lots of fun having doing the job even the salary is not really good and not full time.
Pros
free food taste
Cons
short hours
great place to work
Sales representative/Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 October 2017
Just an absolutely, great place to work. Great incentives, free membership for self and family. Benefits are fantastic. I wouldn't have left if there was a location close to where I now live.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
not located in owen sound
good experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 September 2017
If you work at Costco you can handle eyverywhere in the world,,,,,,,,it was a very good experience and I have learn a lot, but the hours is so tough especially the managers mostly give the better schedules by seniority of employees.and rates of payments in compare to the volume of the job is so so low.
I worked as the advisor
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2017
I like to work im costco amd it also give me much gcilities butmy schedule don’t match with the job. So, I am looking for a new job. I am very happy and also give my best if you give me an opportunity.
Pros
lunch
Cons
12 hours
hard work but great pay
Merchandising Stocker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 September 2017
Costco is a very go go go place, so the day passes quickly. Coworkers are great and management is usually okay. There is a ton of opportunity to go up in the company, which is great for ambitious people, but you can also stay where you are comfortable.
Pros
flexible hours, free membership, benefits
Cons
very busy, hard work
Lovely people
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC28 September 2017
the staff are very kind and understanding. it is hard work but you make decent money and you get to learn a lot. There are great benefits and people who work at costco usually stay at costco for a long time.
Fast facing,working with different people
PM Merch Costco (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 September 2017
This company should have career advancement ,they should give opportunity to newly people who worked with them not just only to their long time employee.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Should always work long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2