Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

travail en équipe
Marchandisage et service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC14 December 2017
on apprend très bien chez costco on travaille en équipe
Pros
tres bonne ambiance
Cons
aucun
Good company to work with
Stocker/Cashier/Merch (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2017
Costco have a opendoor policy and you can talk to anyone about anything.
Everyone in the management were very nice and helpful
Working there is fast paced
It felt that everyone in Costco was a family.
Pros
Free membership, good wage, good management, free food
Cons
Takes a while to become a fulltime
great
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
excellent place to work. friendly co workers and management staff. good benefits and wages. paid vacation after 1 year. job security. fun place to go too. able to shop
environnement agréable et productif
COMMIS (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC7 December 2017
L’un des plus grands détaillants au monde, Costco est une chaîne de détaillants au rabais dans le domaine de la vente en gros fondée sur l’adhésion. Environ 600 établissements Costco existent dans le monde entier. Costco Canada compte environ 80 établissements. La chaîne internationale de détaillant gère des points de vente dans neuf provinces canadiennes. Costco a vu le jour au début des années 1980 comme un moyen pour tirer tout le parti possible du marché émergent de la distribution en gros. Une fusion avec Price Club en 1993 a préparé la voie à la croissance et, éventuellement, l’expansion sur les marchés internationaux comme le Canada.
High turn over rate with no sense of management
Prepper, Receiver and Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 December 2017
The management in Airdrie warehouse have their favorites and treat everyone else poorly. You will reach the top if youre best friends with management.
Pros
Free meals once and awhile
Cons
Good work ethics, large company, support their employees for advancement
Student Work Program (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 December 2017
A typical day was helping the cashier with packing/loading the customers goods into boxes, bags and their cart.
I found the customers entertaining and engaging.
Talking to the customers was an uplifting part of my day, learning about different aspects of their lives.
This was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
The staff I worked with were very supportive of my college endeavors and encouraged my learning ability.
Costco has very good work ethics and values which I feel is important.
Pros
lots of room for advancement through the company
Summer Student
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 December 2017
I enjoyed my time with Costco. I learned a lot. It is a fast paced environment and work goes by so fast. The environment it so friendly. They offer student jobs in the summer.
Fun and good work environment
Front End Cashier/ Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 November 2017
Was extremely positive and lots of skills were learned and plenty of opportunities were provided for advancement through the company.fjelfkekfifkrkcjdjdj
Good Career Path For No-Skill Persons
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 November 2017
Great place to work, management level employees are generally happy and accommodating. Reminiscent of a low-skill unionized environment where understandably so, many low to no-skill workers cling to any authority and influence to constantly secure their position because they know if they were to ever have to leave they don't have much that is transferable.
Pros
Good benefits if you ever get them, Good managers
Cons
Difficult to get full time
Fast pace environment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON28 November 2017
Fast moving environment that required one to keep up a positive attitude and fast pace. An average day consisted of moving from place to place, from duty to duty based on the staff and needs of the warehouse. You were expected to keep up and work efficiently regardless of the task at hand.
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB25 November 2017
The hours were very accommodating. The employees weren't always the nicest or fairest. The wages were above average, highly recommend as a place to work.
Fun work environment
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2017
Great people to work with, great benefits. Great enviornment to work in , the friendly co-workers really helped me stay as long as i did. The reason i lwft was because of the phycial abuse from the customers
productive
Front End Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2017
Company has a very strong management structure. Working in the tire sales department was a big leaning curve for me. I learned a lot on this job which will give me help all my life
A company that cares about their employees
Cashier/Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2017
Typical day at work is essentially very fast paced. There are high expectations because the company values their reputation. The employees are paid better wages and offered benefits that not many other companies offer.
Very fast paced
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 November 2017
It is a fast paced environment where you have to be able to pack groceries quickly and efficiently. If you are not able to do this, then this job might not be for you.
Travail
Service à la clientèle (vente de carte credit) (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC21 November 2017
Emplois super le meilleur que j'aille eu !!! Les gens sont extra et qualité de travaille sont exemplaire.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
Costco has a good work atmosphere and is a great place for students to work as they are really flexible and also have an CSRP program which allows students to have days off when needed for extra studying time.
amazing team and great opportunities.
Front End Service Clerk and Membership Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 November 2017
Working for Costco is great, along with the fact that everyone is a team player. Teamwork is what you can get and what you can see when working for this company. You will be given the opportunity to work in the majority of the departments depending on your experience and skills. But they never limit you, because there are always new opportunities for you to experience. Even if you don't have experience in a department, they'll give you training so that you'll feel confident enough to do it yourself. I was personally given the opportunity to work in many departments. Every day at work a new door is opened for you. Your voice and your concerns will be heard and will be considered. The company always has your back. Whatever the situation may be, you always have your leaders backing you up and helping you every step of the way.
Pros
doors are opened to new opportunities and new challenges
Cons
hours are unpredictable, some shifts are worked outside in harsh weathers
Fun and Safe work environment
Front End Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2017
Working at Costco was great since it taught me to communicate better with customers and be able to manage busy workflow. The best thing about Costco is my coworkers- they were just great and made every day at work enjoyable.
Best Workplace for students
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2017
I learned how to be responsible.
A typical day at work began with greeting customers, encashing and processing their orders, answering their queries, updating them about upcoming promotions and events, towards the end of the day we greet customers and assist with cleaning the store.
Management is very responsible and welcoming to new staff.
Workplace culture is responsible and understanding.
I didnt find anything difficult at work. I had issues with commuting to this place from my house, but that is a very personal problem.
Meeting new people.
Pros
Sunday Premium, Workers Compensation, Cpp, Student Benefits.
Cons
Close to airport, far from university residence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2