Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Stocker/merchandiser (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free 15 min break
Cons: no cons
when working at Costco only worked as a seasonal and loved it a typical day of work we would just get down and do what we where told and complete it
Great
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
Loved working here. Treat you really well it was hard work but it was nothing when you consider the pay and they way they treat you
King of the retail jobs..
Majors Sales (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: wages, benefits, raises, job security
Cons: management tactics
A typical day is serving the Members on the sales floor.
Special duties include cleaning the fence of empty boxes, bailing those boxes, helping front end cash registers or stocking the shelves/coolers/freezers.
I learned that Costco has some excellent policies in writing that are disregarded by Management.
Management are on a different level from the staff and they let you know it. "I am your boss, hahaha!" is a direct quote from Day 1 at Costco.
My co-workers were mostly nice. A couple of them show you their true colours when they are faced with the prospect of becoming a Manager.
The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with Management. They did their best to postpone talks, and avoid replying to inbox letters.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping Members.
Good company, Good job
Front-end Assistant/ Parking lot Attendant (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Good hours, friendly staff and efficient work environment. Overall Costco was a wonderful job and i would recommend them as employers.
workplace
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: everything
it is the best job i've ever had and i still have it. i work in the meat dept. Im a meat cutter i prepare for the counter, make sure all product is out and that counters are always filled. i always enjoy coming into work, Coworkers are very easy to along with, mangement is vey well put together.
I enjoyed being there and learning some of the positions
STOCKER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
The benefits were awesome and the co-workers were kind. I learned how to be a cashier and how to give great customer service.
Great place to work, depending on location
Service Reception/Advisor/ Installer (Current Employee), MarkhamFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pay structure
Cons: poor management, starting at store manager
Provided you work at a busy location, advancement can be possible. However, you will run into unqualified middle managers, who are challenged by delegating and reaching targets. Managers are determined based on seniority, not qualifications. They are unable to manage behaviours and to motivate employee to carryout objectives. Pay structure surpass competitor by far. Management structure need an overhaul, from the top down.
Good code of ethics
Meat manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 11, 2015
Good code of ethics and equal opportunity. Overall a decent company to work for. Good insurance coverage for free including dental , vision , drugs , life insurance and more.
Excellent
Cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna BCFebruary 11, 2015
My personal experience was great working at Costco Wholesale. My co-workers, manager and supervisors were very helpful, knowledgable and friendly. I enjoy being an employee and a customer at Costco very much.
I would say this job is most suitable as a temporary job, until you find something better.
Refunds and Membership Clerk/ Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Costco is an alright place to work. It is a company where being an employee is just being another number. Its nothing special. You go to work, do your x amount of hours and your done. Costco is great however for allowing employees change departments more often so you get to see and work in different departments.

Management is okay. Nothing special. I personally had my few favorite managers since these specific ones were friendly and didn't just treat you like another number. Co-workers... the turn-over at costco is ridiculous so your not always going to have the same bunch of co-workers you knew when you started there. Overall, co-workers are great.

most enjoyable part of the job.... there really isn't anything that I personally would say is enjoyable about working at costco.
Fun place to work, Managers are nice. It was very organized so everybody knew what to do with little confusion.
Merchandising (Current Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free costco membership
Cons: early mornings
I would arrive at work at 5 am, my manager would give me a plan I would stock all items in my given section and insert new items as they arrived using a pallet jack. Once the store opened I would either stay on the floor building displays for new items, or if a truck was late I would stock once it arrived. Otherwise I would pack groceries into carts, or sometimes push carts in the lot.
Fun workplace environment and great learning opportunity
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical day would include handling cash, packing buggies and upgrading memberships, I learned about merchandising and various new promotions. Management was always helpful in assisting with customers needs and expectations, my co-workers were always fun and very positive people to work with. The hardest part of the job was the fact that there was no room for advancement, the most enjoyable part of the job was the smiling faces of my wonderful customers and coworkers.
Costco
Front end/Merchandising (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free work out
Cons: long hours
Great place to work, especially if your in school.
Management team were well trained and very well organized.
I enjoyed lifting the crates and organizing the freezers most in this job, it was very fast paced, a lot of heavy lifting and lots to do.
fun staff, good management and descent benefits
Front end assistant (Former Employee), Nanaimo, British ColumbiaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free membership, customer satisfaction and my co-workers
Cons: min wage, not enough hours, no chance of promotion
In a typical day I would handle cash, pack buggies and upgrade memberships, I learned a lot about merchandising and various new promotions, management was always helpful in assisting myself with customers needs and expectations, my co-workers were fun and very positive people to work with, the hardest part of the job was the fact that there was no room for advancement, the most enjoyable part of the job was the smiling faces of my wonderful customers.
Busy and Fast-paced Job but It was a good experience
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: great management and fair wages
Cons: repetitive and sometimes there wasn't a whole lot to do
Typical day at work included pushing carts, loading carts, and putting customers through tills. It was fast paced work and easy to learn. Only problem was that it got very repetitive and sometimes was quite boring.
Merchandising (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Informative, customer service very important, learned how to do property and water bills,
enjoyable fast paced enviroment
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: management, company treated employees very well
Cons: not enough hours, pay was low
I worked as a merchandiser, stocking pallets with items up to 90lbs. Was a very fast paced environment, stocked pallets with in a three minute time frame. I also helped out at the front end of the store with putting the customers stuff into the carts on average one customer every minute. Management was very good, they treated every employee equally. The Company had very good benefits, and put the customers and employees before anything, I enjoyed working with my co-workers and got along with everyone. I really liked how every sunday we got time and a half.
Great energy with caring staff
Food Court Assistant (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABJanuary 22, 2015
I have worked at Costco for over three years now and love it. The management take time to get to know the staff and are very friendly. The benefits are great and the opportunities are endless. I would recommend Costco to anyone looking for a positive work environment with a caring staff and exceptional opportunities.
Good job, bad manager
Morning Stocker (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good pay, good work, active coworkers
Cons: disinterested, often rude manager
I worked at 4:45 (sometimes 4:15) in the morning unloading pallets and stocking shelves. I worked in the pet food aisle, and all of the food was in bulk, so the work could become laborious, which wasn't a problem for me. Apart from my manager the managers at Costco were all friendly and helpful and polite. My manager had been transferred from a different store and had a reputation for inappropriately harassing and being rude to his employees, and he lived up to it. I enjoyed stocking my aisles with merchandise, and crushing garbage in the compactor, and even waking up at 3:30 AM to go to work, but I didn't enjoy working under such a manager. Still, if I could work at Costco under a different manager I would do so as it is a good company that seems to care about it's employees.
Productive employees and great managers
Morning Merchandiser (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 21, 2015
While working at Costco i aquired a fantasticset of time managment skills. I love working in a fast paced enviroment and being on a deadline is what I exceed at. I am a fantastic people person and I am also a great physical worker.

1 2 3 4 5

About Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Corporation operates an international chain of membership warehouses, under the "Costco Wholesale" – Read more

Costco Wholesale Photos