CoStar Group

CoStar Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Research Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Free food and meeting new friends
Cons: very stressful position
Good to place to work especially if you just graduated college. You will definitely learn how to balance your tasks with your allotted work time.
Productive and Very Busy
Accounts Payables Specialist (Current Employee), washington DCAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast and fruits and fresh salad all day
Cons: Short breaks
We are a very busy company that has grown very fast over the last two years. I have learned to multitask , train other employees so that they understand what they are doing and why. The hardest part of the job is things change so quickly and trying to communication. I really think CoStar is a great place to work , we do a lot of community services.
it's okay
Research Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 14, 2015
Lots of healthy perks such as fruit, salads, a gym, and free yoga classes. Good work/life balance, which can be fun especially since it's such a young environment.

Actual daily tasks can become monotonous.
Amazing work environment and people
Marketing/Advertising Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
Create advertising for a living. Amazing experience. Over my twelve years I learned so much about print, production, binding, shipping, customer service and people. Worked with the most amazing group of people.
Unethical !
Call center rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: free snacks, three breaks, good pay
This job requires that you harass people on the phone for questions regarding apartment hunting. You are acting as a secret shopper to collect data and convince property owners you want to rent but you will never call them again. If you are asked if you are secret shopping you are told to lie and say no. Management was not on the same page. Job pays very well but I couldnt stand it.
Great first job.
Research Associate I (Former Employee), Washington, DC.June 15, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Benefits.
Cons: Senior Management.
I learned that the typical working environment is changing. I learned that Senior management has a big impact on the output of those they manage.
Good Productive workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee), Columbia MDMay 7, 2015
I have learned a lot of patience and time management at Costar. I've also learned how to schedule out my day in the most productive way.
Easy job but not much in the way of advancement opportunities
Research Associate II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
It's a good job for a recent grad or for someone who's okay with doing the same mundane job for the next five or so years. While I was there, I learned how to manage lots of different tasks and how to overcome objections. The job really does get pretty boring after a while though. There also aren't many opportunities for advancement. It pays well for what little work you have to do though.
OK
Major Accounts Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Salary, Great Benefits, Employee perks
Cons: Management, Upward Mobility
CoStar offers a great opportunity for entry level experience with great starting salary. There is not a whole lot of room for upward mobility and but you will make more money as you go along. The corporate culture is very pleasant and there are great employees. Lots of perks and fantastic benefits. Very close to public transportation.
Good
Institutional Comps Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 27, 2015
Is a great place to start your career in CRE. The management can often times be distant from the analysts. Overall it was a good experience and I have learned a lot.
Learn a lot but repetitive
Research Associate II (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 22, 2015
I have learned a lot about commercial real estate and the company has provided adequate training for a strong understanding in the industry.
not the same post-CV
Sales Operations Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free granola bars, fruit, $100 commute allowance
Cons: no work from home, other than sales lack of internal mobility compared to previous owner
It's not an uncommon story, but after Apts.com was acquired by CoStar things started changing slowly but surely. While our previous owner Classified Ventures was very progressive and did a great job of taking care of its employees and making sure everyone had a voice, CoStar is a pretty straight corporation and does everything by the book. It hasn't been horrible, but they took away our ability to work from home and threatened everybody to stay off the internet for any non-work stuff, which we'd done for years and still been a very successful company. They clearly have a bigger plan and don't really share much with us unless it's giving direction, whereas CV was very transparent about how things were going, good or bad (and it was mostly good). A lot of it is the uncertainty regarding many of our futures, but the culture isn't nearly as open and fun as it was before, although there are still plenty of great people who work here.
Fantastic
Digital Marketing Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
I learned a lot things from my director during my work experience here. and Costar provided a fantastic working environment for employees. Co-workers are kind and easy-going.

The hardest part of my job is that I have to analyze the marketing data everyday and be able to do trouble-shooting and problem solving for the stakeholders. My analyzing result shall be accurate and any problem occurred will be reflected on my performance right away. Whenever there is an issue, I have to deal with it promptly and report accordingly.

The most enjoyable part of this job is I can learn infinite knowledge from my director and co-workers
Its ok
Commercial Real Estate Research Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free snack and breakfast, great headquaters
Not challenging enough! Need something that will mesh with my skills. I have out grown this organization. Really great opportunity for high executives and students just graduating from college, not mid level experience.
Very Nice
Initial Research (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 5, 2014
I had this greatest opportunity working here and will always appreciate it because there were too many fond remembrances in these 4 years.
Great work environment
Technical Support Team Leader (Current Employee), CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Employees are very approachable and friendly.
Fun environment including happy hours on Fridays and Buffet breakfast on Mondays.
Healthy environment. Fully stocked kitchen with fruits; granola bars; yogurts etc.and some offices includes built in gyms
Broken promises, NO job security, POOR management, HIGH expectations with NO Assistance, HIGH FAVORTISM
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee), CaliforniaDecember 3, 2014
Cons: micro manage, too corporate, daily conf calls, multiple reports daily, reps steal accounts, no comm w/ corp everything is email'd, have to account for every minute/everyday
Upon being hired I was painted this FABULOUS picture, told that it was this GREAT company to work for...as soon as CoStar purchased Apartments.com, things started to change...it became 110% corporate..nothing but #'s, reports, conference calls to the point you might as well have an ankle bracelet! Eventually we had to report to an office on Monday's....we were hired as HOME OFFICE reps, not OFFICE reps!!!

My Regional lived over 2 hours away and didn't want to make the commute to assist me unless it benefit him (a party, visit someone HE knew etc.). He would only call when he was driving which would be hard to understand him on a speaker phone. TONS of favoritism as he would hire former employes that he managed from his previous job and he would hand them accounts stating they would "have a relationship with them"....

Everyone knows it takes 6 months to build relationships and I was just starting to make my sales and poof...I got released b/c my manager said I didn't "meet HIS standards" yet I met the company's goals..which for the record..CHANGED constantly! Even during my exit interview they stated that didn't sound like a valid reason. Regardless I am happy to be gone from that job. I woke up everyday with a knot in my throat.

I loved what I did. I enjoyed visiting my communities and absolutely LOVED meeting, talking and meeting with my clients. I still visit and go to lunch with several of them. They call and text me all the time. I have made so many good friends and will never forget them. Some of my co-workers and I have remained friends and others I do not care to ever – more... hear from again. They sold in my territory and my Regional knew it was happening but he would never help me or stop it. I always felt he never wanted to see me succeed.

I don't recommend anyone to apply in the San Diego region as long as this regional is there. The job may be better in other regions as I believe a sales position is all dependent on their manager. Many other reps in other territories LOVE their job and are doing well b/c they have the support of a FABULOUS Regional! They still have all the reports, calls etc. But no office to report to!

Good Luck...not much money to be made as the territories are saturated with reps....and greedy reps...reps who steal your accounts.

*One last thing...don't expect to work 8 hr....minimum 12 hours days your first 4 months* – less
Costar
Research Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 30, 2014
Great place to begin your CRE career, decent pay, great benefits and a solid working environment
All about the sales
Territory Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: commissions are strong
Cons: culture is good unless you are not hitting goals
Pure sales culture with a good training program. But if you can not sell do not apply.
Productive work place
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free food and beverages, a fair a mount of catered lunches and free apparel
Cons: very restricted work schedule with not much flexibility
A typical day consist of cold calling, visual demos and marketing sales consultations.

I have learned how the commercial real estate industry markets properties, and how commercial real estate professionals utilize data and analytic information to do their jobs.

My Co-workers are awesome.

The hardest part of my job is staying motivated. The position allows for promotions, but the job doesn't really change and their isn't a lot of learning involved after a certain point.

I really like the people and the environment.

1 2 3

About CoStar Group

CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ — CSGP) CoStar Group (Nasdaq:CSGP) is commercial real estate's leading provider of information, – Read more