CoStar Group Employee Review

View all CoStar Group reviews

Great first job, metric based goals make it hard to succeed.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC18 March 2014
A typical day as a Research Associate at CoStar Group consists of calling through a portfolio of commercial real estate professionals to update their listing. CoStar offers a two week training program to teach the basics of the commercial real estate industry and how they want you to interact with the professionals you will be contacting. Management seems to be handcuffed by directors and metric based goals that are set to keep researchers busy. Co-workers are the most enjoyable part of this position. Most everyone in the research associate role are 0-2 years out of college (because the turn over rate is so high). The hardest part of the job is cold calling and the metric based goals set by upper management.
Pros
Great office, location and free breakfast.
Cons
Metric based goals, cold calling.

Other CoStar Group Employee Reviews

Fast and Frequent Sales Staff Turnover
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2017
It is incredible with the amount of time, money and effort that CoStar expels on training new Account Executives, that the success rate is barely 10% after the first year.
I will Try to My Best
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2017
One day is good performance. But Some days are solve to the problems. I will achieve to top levels. And Make to Carrier. And I will Complete to all wish.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
About 8

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoStar Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8