CoStar Group Employee Review

View all CoStar Group reviews

CoStar Research Department Review
Market Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC3 March 2014
The researcher's primary role is to be in contact with commercial real estate (CRE) professionals on a daily basis to make sure CoStar has the most timely information regarding current listings and the latest transnational reports including sales and lease data. Associates are pushed hard to collect this data, but they are also given a lot of support from their managers and directors. The company has a robust continuing education program.

CoStar is a company that gives you resources to be successful. They give you six weeks of paid training upfront. After that it really is up to you. Everyone at the associate level works a 40 hour week. Overtime is sometimes authorized. That said, they expect you to be very efficient with your 40 hour work week. Work hard, and then go have fun after the work day is over at 5:30.

While the company is 25 years old, it maintains a youthful feel. Most of the research staff is in their early to mid 20's. Managers are in their late 20's to 30's, and directors 30,s to 40's. The multiple offices across the country are in some of the best office space to be found, Class A with lots of windows, and facilities.

Not everything is perfect at CoStar. There is a lot of turnover. Most of the turnover is positive attrition with many associates leaving to work in the CRE industry, and thus becoming ambassadors for CoStar. But the work can be routine (depending on how you view it) and some people get bored. But as a manager, I can tell you the one's who get bored are the one's who do the minimum every day. They don't commit significantly
  more... to their work. If you are interested in building relationships with people and helping them with their needs, this is not a problem.

Overall it is a collaborative environment. Competitive, but fun. We push hard, and compete, but we will always stop to help a coworker.

Other CoStar Group Employee Reviews

Fast and Frequent Sales Staff Turnover
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2017
It is incredible with the amount of time, money and effort that CoStar expels on training new Account Executives, that the success rate is barely 10% after the first year.
I will Try to My Best
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2017
One day is good performance. But Some days are solve to the problems. I will achieve to top levels. And Make to Carrier. And I will Complete to all wish.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
About 8

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoStar Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8