Costa Vida Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB23 May 2016
I learned inventory management, how to control food costs, scheduling a staff of 10 employees, prep for the day, cash duties and balancing tills (audit tills)
Pros
Free Food, Fun Environment, Friendly Staff
Cons
Hours were being cut
typical job
team (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 October 2015
Used to be a great place to work till upper management changed and a whole new system was put in place and they made it clear they were not willing to step up and help.
In the location specifically it was an amazing place to self develop and enjoyed being around great food and nice co-workers.
Pros
great environment
Cons
lack of support from Upper management
Productive and a fun workplace
1st cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2015
A typical day working at Costa Vida was good and bad. Good because I enjoyed cooking and working with great people, but bad because of the condition of the kitchen I would end up burning my hands everyday. My hands would hurt for hours after work. It was something I could not stop before happening because I was constantly having to put my hands in steam for certain food products. I learned more about Mexican culture and managing shelf life on products. The management was great. The manager worked very hard to make sure everything was as it should be. Most of my co-workers were Mexican and spoke Spanish the whole time so I didn't get much time to get to know them. The hardest part of the job was burning my hands. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually getting a break.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Conditions
Fast and Fresh Mexican grill
Trainer/Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2015
Energetic, clean environment with supportive management. Marketing Calgary to increase sales and customer base. Fresh, healthy, delicious food made in front of your eyes within minutes. Great family environment.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Unusual hours
Costa Review
Line/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2015
Fun job with good people, has taught me many working tips and tricks. Co-workers were nice and friendly and always had smiles on their face. Everyone was treated as an equal, if not more like family.
Pros
Free meals, and discounts
Cons
Long hours.
dont work for costa vida!!
DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2015
Horrible place to work, no breaks, racist managers from head office, really don't waste your time working for costa vida!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
racist, no breaks, liars, racist
Food made from scratch, fresh all day, a productive place to work but lower management needs more training and be professional.
Line Cold/HotPrep Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2013
A place you could work freely as long as its within company standards.