Costa Blanca Employee Reviews

well its closed so what can i say
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2016
good experience as a first job. nice clothing. but they closed down so clearly they did something wrong. um um um um um um um
Fun place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 25, 2016
Lots of stylish clothes and great employee discounts. People are very friendly. Easy to move up in the company. However lots of long hours and just half hour lunches no breaks.
Pros
very active workplace
Unpleasant workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecSeptember 16, 2013
Management was very disorganized. Terrible working schedules. No benefits.
You put in more than you'll ever get!
Co manager/ assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2013
If you love fashion and dressing up from head to toe you'll fit right into the culture and environment of Costa Blanca, in store management usually consist of 3 people, and then there is the district manager. Customers are usually fun, trendy and very appreciative of your help, but there are a few snobbish ones. The environment can get very dramatic but it's different for every location and can be really fun too. Upper management tends to be very biased and only takes note of and promote staff that they favour, sometimes for no apparent reason. The hardest thing is trying to make quota when there is absolutely no traffic, there are no excuses! I would recommend working here if you're just a part timer or after school worker, the job security is horrible and you're sometimes replaced by just being taken off the schedule with no sort of warning, letter, or professionalism.
Pros
60% off original priced merchandise, frequent contests with give -aways
Cons
outfits have to be current and items are changed almost weekly, hr structure is poor, hardly time or good enough coverage to take a vacation
productive place to work
Sales Associate and Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJuly 4, 2012
- Typical day at work would depend on seasons. Get really busy at Christmas time and in the summer from all the sales. Other days it wouls be long and boring.
- Management here was terrible. My manager was hardly ever there to help us.
- My co-workers were really nice and helped a lot with questions about products and promotions.
- hardest part of the job was keeping the sales floor neat and organized because people are constantly looking through the clothing and messing up the displays.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and making them satified with their purchases and quality of service.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor management
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  scarborough,onOctober 14, 2015
I didn't like it this was the worst job ever. the managers were mean and she didn't care about you. the customers were very mouthy and talked to you in a disrespectful manner..
High energy, competitive retail store.
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2013
A day at work at Costa Blanca consists of constantly greeting and building a relationship with your customer to establish what they want while leaving a good impression. It is crucial to represent the company in the way that you dress and act. As a keyholder, it is my responsibility to motivate my team to meet the store standards and goals and to assure that I meet my own personal goals. I have learned excellent customer service skills and time management. I get along very well with my managers and staff. They are all great to work with and make going into work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is constantly being on your feet while wearing fashionable footwear. Although the enjoyable part of the job, which is getting to help people look and feel good and communicating with the clientele, certainly outweighs the less enjoyable tasks.
Pros
discount
Cons
inconsistent hours
I love the people I work with.
Visual manager / merchandiser (Former Employee) –  west edmonton mallOctober 27, 2013
-my day at work starts at 7 am , I clock in and check emails and print out all thats needed for the day, next i will restock the store and get things ready for me day of visual for the store .
-I have learned a lot about customers likes and dislikes.
-management has changed so am learning
-my co worker are great we all get along very well
-I love my job a lot and I understand everything about it so nothing about my job is hard.
-I love what i do and my co workers are great so just cominig to work is enjoyable for me.
Productive team and great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough Town Centre, OntarionMay 7, 2013
A typical day at work woud be stocking inventory, helping customers by greeting and informing them about current sales promotion. Also, I would be in charge of helping customers with fitting rooms and provide any kind of customer service such as finding their right size, etc. I would also be in charge of organizing and tagging new shipment and products. I learned several interpersonal skills such as being socially friendly,a good team player and the abiliy to multi-task. My co-workers were so much fun and positive to work with. I have made several friends and our team was strong, dedicated and friendly. The hardest part of the job according to me was carrying extremely heavy shipments. Apart from that aspect, work went by very quickly and there was always work to do so my shift never felt boring. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction between the customers and myself as well as my team. I am a total people person so working with people is my strong point. I love talking and interacting with them which is the most enjoyabe aspect of my job.
Pros
40-50% of new sales merchandise
Cons
carrying heavy weight
was an ok envirnoment
key holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONApril 8, 2014
The job overall was a great experience. I got to know a lot about the management and what they do behind close doors
Pros
discount
slow paced retail job
Key holder & Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2013
I was a returning employee to Costa blanca. A lot had changed from the time I was a new employee to now. Management is very unorganized and employment is never stagment. I went through 5 managers in the span of time I was there. As a part of the management team, I was able to gain more control over my tasks and more importantly my schedule.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
must wear in season fashion (merchandise is upgraded every thursday)
fast paced environment
Store Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  scarborough, Ont.June 4, 2012
It is a face paced work place where your muti-tasking is put to test.
I have learned how to manage my own team of employees during slow and fast times during the day. How to deal with many different customers and their requests. My Co-workers gave me a lot of respect because i showed them respect also. They were always there when i needed extra hands to work.
The hardest part of the job was when i was pregnant and I lost my manager and I had to run the store for 4 months alone.
The most enjoyable part working at costa blanca was my customers. I had my regulars that came to shop or just to come and say hi.
Pros
customers
Cons
company was unstable
Productive and I loved my team we had
Assistant Manager/Visual/ Key Holder/Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 2, 2014
A typical day at Costa was always productive, whether we were on the floor to being on the computer there was always something to do. What I learned at Costa was becoming more organized and learning how multitask. My co-workers were amazing, we were all like family inside and outside of work. We knew when it was work and when it was fun. The hardest part of the job would be the organization of the company. The most enjoyable was being with the staff and attending to the customers.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
slow days
Great work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 7, 2014
The staff and management were a wonderful team. It was a great work environment making it possible to achieve store and personal goals. Considering the fact that it was such a large store the hardest part of the job would have to be not having enough staff due to the hours that were given weekly.
Pros
communicating with the general public
Cons
short hours
productive clothing store
Sale Association (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 14, 2014
Greeting costumers
"welcome to Costa blanca" "Do you need any assistance"?
-typical day: Help costumers pick out a outfit, cashier, sales representative and clean at the end of my shift.
-learn how to communicate with a variety of different costumers
- increase on my sense of fashion
- worked with co-workers very well
- the hardest part of the job cleaning at the end of the day because we have to put clothes away etc. The store gets real messy
- the most enjoyable part id working with FASHION!
Pros
discounts on clothes i buy
Cons
not enough shifts
productive
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 28, 2015
preparing daily paperwork
setting up daily tasks
budgets
meeting quotes
Pros
discounts
Fairweather
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
Working at Fairweather we had 7 manager within 1 year , I work at the Yorkdale location. We didn't have good hours and there were so much stress with the store.I didn't have a strong management team but other then that i had amazing part timer .
Pros
my part timer were amazing
Cons
we needed a strong management time
Productive and fun learning experience
sales associate (Former Employee) –  BramptonApril 8, 2015
Eye opener experience, fun environment. also learned new costumer skills and computer skills. working for the company was very interesting made a lot of new friends and learn new things
Fun workplace. You build a friendship with all the customers
Customer Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoy working well with others and getting to know their needs. I've been doing retail and building great customer service for over 5 years. My job right now is good but I will like to try something new. I enjoy making outfits for other people depending on the type of events they will be attending. I work well under pressure and always reach budget goals. I enjoy meeting new people and get along with just about anyone.
Responsible and very comfortable work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2013
My daily work was to help for the customers. Keep the store clean.
I really loved to work at the Costa Blanca, because the workers were a good team.

2.9