As an entry-level position into the strategic planning department, this person plays an important role within the planning team at Cossette to support senior planners in developing thorough, thoughtful and creative strategies, as well as taking more of a leadership role on certain projects with senior planning oversight.
A Cossette planner takes a different perspective, and sees business problems from a customer perspective; using facts, observation and experience to build scenarios that will benefit a client’s brand and business. As an active member of client teams and Cossette teams, he or she will be responsible for challenging conventional marketing and advertising thought, and provide a communications neutral point of view for communications strategy and planning. Working with creative teams, the planner provides guidance and input to the development of the creative product based upon category, segment and consumer insight where valuable.
Project work will range from assisting in the development of communications campaigns, brand strategies, brand architectures, and product/service development and innovation.
- Minimum University Degree, MBA an asset
- 4 - 5 years related experience, either in a communications agency, or within qualitative research, demonstrating a strong aptitude for strategy and uncovering insights, or some combination of these
- Good understanding / experience with qualitative and quantitative research and consumer observation
- Ability to dig – online, offline – in order to uncover information and insights and ability distill and interpret to this information into strategic hypotheses.
- Some direct experience in writing branding, marketing and communications strategies
- Working knowledge of traditional advertising, interactive, direct, media, sponsorship, and brand strategy/branding design
- Highly evolved interpersonal and communication skills, presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong computer/internet skills
- Exhibit a passion for communications and creative strategy
- Smart, fun, entrepreneurial, and endlessly curious in mindset, creative thinker describe a successful planner
Indeed - 13 months ago
*WE CREATE THEREFORE WE ARE.*
With Live Engagement, we leverage our combined thinking and creativity to improve the way people connect and...