Cosmos Group of Companies Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Grossly incompetent and shoddy leadership
One of the underdogs. Woof (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2016
Open door Policy but the messenger gets shot, blamed for the problems they bring to the table. Mistreatment and endangerment of staff sending females to work alone with a bipolar psychopath who can't even live in a group home. Management harasses female staff mercilessly and then the female in h.r. fires the female who complains. So much for a sisterhood among women. Chaotic schedule that breaches labor laws and no work or home life balance. Alot of staff are fired from lower class management and down. The front line staff are the underdogs. No win situation.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
The hope that this would be a good job
Excellent place to work with great management support & they truly value supporting adults within their home and within the community.
Full-Time Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 27, 2015
Great place to work for. Management are top notch They have lots of training to keep us in the know. They offer excellent wages, benefits and RRSP plan. I would still be working for them if I wasn't returning to Ontario.
Pros
excellent management, team training, wages
Productive and fun
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 25, 2013
I start work 8 a.m and work with person with disabilities throughout the community. I learn that persons with disabilities can work normal jobs and teach the skills to help them increase their ability to participate in a wider range of community activities.
The management is very knowledgeable and someone you can go if there is a problem.
My co-workers are great and we try to always work as a team.
The hardest part of my job is not getting to close to are participants as some capture your heart.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the hugs I get from our participants
Pros
special bonuses once a year and 5 week holidays
Cons
not enough time for paper work
Small minded Middle management
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer AlbertaDecember 9, 2013
Company has seriously gone down hill in last 6 months. Middle management are all petty and for the most part, incompetent at there job. They cut staff vs. client ratios. Staff are placed with high needs and more then one client to staff.This causes a unsafe environment for both staff and client. There is such a high turn over of staff, in this company.
The co workers and the clients are the only good things about this company.
There is no work culture or is it, a environment that is supportive of self care. But when you start there they will try and "sell" you the Cosmos dream and say that this is the "dream team". Don't be fooled. This place is full of drama and management only cares about covering there own buts!! Company has been laced of rumours of corruption in management. Wages are satisfactory.
Pros
clients and co workers
Cons
petty politics, management are not there for the workers, put staff in unsafe situations, bureaucracy, do not have staff or clients best interests at heart