Cosmos Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Cosmos as a Company needs alot of work and guidance
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 April 2017
Not the best organization I've worked for. Poor leadership and poor work culture. Before I came to work for Cosmos I had worked for an amazing organization with almost a 1,000 employees and continuous growth where the CEO was a great leader and rules and policy was followed. When I got to Cosmos it was disorganized, little respect for policy and procedure, and a culture of bullying and targetting existed from the top down. I worked there for over a year but I was glad to leave. When I was there many people had quietly told me that Cosmos was the worst organization that they had worked for and were desperate to find another job and leave the company. Maybe Cosmos has pulled its boot straps up and improved its work culture by now but if it hasn't it needs to do so as soon as possible for the benefit of the individuals it supports.
Pros
The pay was ok
Cons
Poor communication and poor systems process
Great team of fun people
Training new staff (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 December 2016
Great place to work, Friendly staff and fun environment, lots of opportunities to advance and they are always willing to invest in good staff with courses. Truly a great group of people.
hoped for better
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 December 2016
The only thing I enjoyed was the clients . don't be fooled , don't work here if you want to be valued and respected. Workers are left working long hours and at risk working a lone.
Pros
clients
Great Culture
Career Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 June 2016
Cosmos is forward thinking with many creative outlets. They offer a variety of training and conference options to help provide skills for the staff.Communication could be better from the top to the bottom but a great stop in a persons journey.
Pros
Training
Cons
Grossly incompetent and shoddy leadership
One of the underdogs. Woof (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 May 2016
Open door Policy but the messenger gets shot, blamed for the problems they bring to the table. Mistreatment and endangerment of staff sending females to work alone with a bipolar psychopath who can't even live in a group home. Management harasses female staff mercilessly and then the female in h.r. fires the female who complains. So much for a sisterhood among women. Chaotic schedule that breaches labor laws and no work or home life balance. Alot of staff are fired from lower class management and down. The front line staff are the underdogs. No win situation.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
The hope that this would be a good job
Excellent place to work with great management support & they truly value supporting adults within their home and within the community.
Full-Time Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 February 2015
Great place to work for. Management are top notch They have lots of training to keep us in the know. They offer excellent wages, benefits and RRSP plan. I would still be working for them if I wasn't returning to Ontario.
Pros
Excellent Management, Team Training, Wages
Small minded Middle management
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer Alberta9 December 2013
Company has seriously gone down hill in last 6 months. Middle management are all petty and for the most part, incompetent at there job. They cut staff vs. client ratios. Staff are placed with high needs and more then one client to staff.This causes a unsafe environment for both staff and client. There is such a high turn over of staff, in this company.
The co workers and the clients are the only good things about this company.
There is no work culture or is it, a environment that is supportive of self care. But when you start there they will try and "sell" you the Cosmos dream and say that this is the "dream team". Don't be fooled. This place is full of drama and management only cares about covering there own buts!! Company has been laced of rumours of corruption in management. Wages are satisfactory.
Pros
Clients and co workers
Cons
Petty politics, management are not there for the workers, put staff in unsafe situations, bureaucracy, do not have staff or clients best interests at heart
Productive and fun
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 February 2013
I start work 8 a.m and work with person with disabilities throughout the community. I learn that persons with disabilities can work normal jobs and teach the skills to help them increase their ability to participate in a wider range of community activities.
The management is very knowledgeable and someone you can go if there is a problem.
My co-workers are great and we try to always work as a team.
The hardest part of my job is not getting to close to are participants as some capture your heart.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the hugs I get from our participants
Pros
special bonuses once a year and 5 week holidays
Cons
not enough time for paper work