The Compounding Manager is responsible for leadership and management of the Compounding function, including ensuring all work is performed in compliance with Safe Work Practices, cGMP, Standard Operating Procedures, and company policies. As part of the leadership team, the main focus is responsibility for performance and results, developing systems and measurements to evaluate area performance and employee individual performance and contribution and lead initiatives (e.g. reliability) to facilitate improved productivity.
Responsible for product quality, efficiency, output and productivity of the compounding team
Leadership of the Compounding Supervision and their staff including training and development, time and attendance management, performance management, skill development, conflict resolution.
Maintains compliance with all health and safety SOP, and legislative requirements and standards.
Responsible for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) training to ensure high batch quality.
Leads supervision and department staff, through developing initiatives that will improve and sustain inter-departmental functionality, communication, and expedited corrective actions where needed.
Ensure all production is made in line with correct process, procedure and quality standards. Support in the review, update and development of these processes and procedures. Ensure all KPIs and standards are achieved.
Support the manufacturing engineering and Research and Development Departments in new projects/launches; scale up, process development, technology transfer, and finding solutions to correct batch processes and issues.
Lead continuous development initiatives to improve efficiency, quality and cost management through the application of lean manufacturing principles, sourcing new contractors/suppliers, and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
1. Provide results oriented leadership that drives continuous improvement consistent with the Company Strategic Plan
2. Co-ordinate, assign and supervise all compounding activities and outcomes for area of responsibility to ensure production schedule/agreed upon goals and objectives are met.
3. Develop systems and metrics to measure and evaluate both productivity and individual performance and contribution on an on-going basis.
4. Use systems and metrics to guide the initiation and execution of safety, quality, productivity and continuous improvement initiatives in support of the Company Strategic Plan.
5. Provide strong leadership to the team that fosters personal development, interaction and participation.
6. Provide leadership as a member of the leadership team, building and maintaining positive relationships with the key business partners within and outside of Compounding.
7. Ensure department is professional and all work is performed in compliance with all regulatory requirements (GMP, safety) and company policies. Initiate investigations and provide or implement preventive/corrective action for all safety and compliance non-conformances.
8. Responsible and accountable for supervising the team in accordance with Ontario Occupation Health and Safety Act, Cosmetica Health and Safety policies and Safe Work Instructions.
9. Provide recommendations to the next level of management regarding procedural and organizational changes.
10. Evaluate the individual performance and contribution of all direct reports on an on-going basis and establish developmental plans in conjunction with individuals where required. Ensure employees participate/receive all relevant training within required timeframes.
11. Responsible for the resolution of all employee issues within the department with the involvement of the next level of management and human resources as required.
12. Ensures their team is aligned to all departmental and corporate strategic initiatives.
13. Acts as a specialized manufacturing resource to senior management to support resolution of complex issues.
14. Perform additional related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science related to the requirements of the position
- 5+ years manufacturing management experience required.
- Lean manufacturing experience a definite asset
- Environmental and OHSA experience a definite asset