Corus Entertainment Employee Reviews in Canada

Great people - management at Head Office has had way too many changes and culture is not the same
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 7, 2016
Tough industry lead to many very qualified hard working people looking for work due to many restructures - ongoing and still many too come.
Very good working environment
Senior Technical Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
Trusting and relaxed work environment. Good pay, benefits for full-timers and nice location (sugar beach). You can learn as much as you are willing to invest into the job.
Pros
Normal hours compared to industry standard
Cons
Not learning the latest technology
Given autonomy to do the job at hand. Fun environment but little security.
Affiliate Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
More than a typical 9-5 job. Given the opportunity to learn by working in a team setting.
Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing wit my clients on a daily basis.
Pros
Slide from the 3rd floor to the 1st, facing Lake Ontario
Cons
Instability - company in flux
fun work place, management styles leave more to be desired
worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
Management in certain departments is almost non-existent.
Styles in which employees must deal with all issues on their own is a joke. Management is unwilling to make decisions and instead pawns off their work to subordinates who should not be dealing with certain issues/tasks.

Co-workers are great. It is easy to foster both friendships and working relationships with these people.

Union employees have a perennial fight on their hands to get adequate pay raises and benefits. The company does not like to give these employees what they are due.
Pros
good people
Cons
anti-union
Fun work environment, unreasonably demanding
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 3, 2016
-a typical day would be me coming in and catching up on emails (on average 20 a day) and responding to any that need attention; call winners from each radio station to let them know how,where and when to pick up their prize; do an inventory and vehicle maintenance check on all equipment; write proposals for contest ideas and prizes to give away on air; on site checks for promotions events; organize any sites that the station will be live from each week; communicate with clients and listeners to ensure they're happy with the station and be there for any communication that they may require.

- I've have learned many things from specialized promotion planning, customer service skills, video and audio editing abilities, organizational skills, and photography.

-would be willing to review any details in person!

-The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the hours while trying to keep a sleep schedule.

-The most enjoyable part of my job is the atmosphere and being a real part of the community. Getting to meet some of your favourite celebrities and experiencing things that the general public doesn't normally get to see is truly amazing as well
Pros
free concerts, get to meet celebrities, great atmosphere to work in
Cons
long hours, no days off or weekends, no consistent hours ex. shifts are split 2 hours on 3 hours off 4 hours on 2 hours off 1 hour on, no job security, low wage, can be up to 60 hours work hours in a week
fun stmosphere
admin (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Corus Entertainment is a great place to work. The people that I work with are amazing. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing prize winners come in and collect their winnings.
Pros
Excellent job atmosphere
Cons
LOW LOW pay Grade
Broadcaster - Announcer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONNovember 18, 2015
Enjoyable.....typical of the radio stations I've worked for. Interesting people.

It really is just a typical Canadian broadcast outlet. Corus is a giant in the industry so they can provide some movement for your career. Since most announcers move around a lot, this can be very advantageous. The only real problem in this location is management dealing with a unionized workforce. Not always friendly or smooth....
Pros
It's radio!
Cons
It's radio!
Excellent Company
Colour Key Painter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
High quality animation backgrounds. Shared knowledge and expertise.
Top of the line equipment.
Corus Entertainment - Pan Am Games - IT Support
Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2015
Fast Paced, but not so organized. Got to use some neat software and new equipment. Was a part of the Main Technology Operating Centre for all media/communications for the Pan Am Games.
Fun and creative place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Corus entertainment was a great place to work at. It had a great environment as well as great management and staff who were all easy to work and get along with .
Good Place
Creative Department & MCR Operator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Decent place to work, I think I'd recommend it. Just not a lot of growing room at the particular location I'm at.
Change is not always good.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 26, 2014
Corus Entertainment gave me the opportunity to learn how the radio industry works from each of the departments perspective.

Corus is going to thru a lot of change which in return causes a lot of uneasy and unexpected changes daily.
Pros
attended many events throughout the city as media
Cons
not enough support or understanding of what i actually did day to day
Great Internship
Teletoon Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2014
I was an intern at Corus for 4 weeks in total, and during that time I was involved in creating promotional materials for an upcoming show as well as assisting with on-air production pieces. The people were extremely helpful and provided an excellent learning experience as well as a great connection for someone who is just starting out in the industry.
Excellent workplace, always met new celebrities
Freelance Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2013
Great work environment, people and events. Corus is a great company, while in my Production assistant job I learned many assets to what it takes to make a big production, and the people involved in it.
Pros
free food, great people
Cons
long days
Great offices, great co workers, great culture
Writer / Producer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2013
Its a place you could start your career, pick up mid life and always come back to. The culture is good. The offices very cool. The people fantastic.
Pros
fruit on mondays, lovely waterside offices
Cons
somewhat remote
Great Core Values
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London, OnMay 22, 2013
Corus Entertainment offers career advancement, training and all necessary tools for employees to succeed in their roles. Management team are consummate professionals and offer constructive coaching and encouragement. Great place to work.
Pros
too many to list
Cons
compensation package
Account Manager - The Wolf (Current Employee) –  PeterboroughJanuary 13, 2013
Great work life balance. Half day Fridays in summer. Great benefits.
Pros
amazing culture
Cons
office politics
Fun and interesting work
Producer/News Reporter (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Ontario, CanadaDecember 12, 2012
I learned a lot about what it takes to create interesting and entertaining programming. I also learned as a producer what works and doesn't work in terms of public relations. Co-workers are eager to help teach as well as help out in a team atmosphere. The hardest part is making a living at it. The pay is terrible but the work is enjoyable. The best part is the rush of breaking news and covering live events.
Pros
fast paced.
Cons
awful pay
Every day was different - great learning abilities
Program Implement Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2012
Working for Corus kept you on your feet. Everyday was something different and everyone was happy. There was lots of after work socializing and we made great friends.
Pros
friends
Cons
reconstruction causing job losses
great work environment, daily meetings, fun environment.
Interactive designer/illustrator/animator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2012
I start my day by checking office email- at times there is additional work to be done for older files, updates, fixes, new exports, editing of photoshop files etc otherwise I continue with working on my flash and photoshop files for the game I am assigned to.
I daily meeting with the team starts at 11 am. We sit around and discuss the progress on each assinged game. Any new additions, new requirements etc. After the daily meeting is back to working on animation, flash and photoshop files.
The work itself is the enjoyable part of my day. Second to the lunch hour by the lake.
Co-workers are very talented and great to be around.
Management is not very involved with the exception of the daily meeting or if there is addition work.
I've learn a great deal from my Art Director who has been in the interactive field for more than 20 years.
Pros
game room, sugar beach, free concerts

4.2