Corus Entertainment Employee Reviews

Just a guy (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2017
I work at Corus full-time

Pros
- Supervisors and Managers are all mostly strong and effective leaders
- The benefits are some of the best you can get at a work place
- The pay is fair in my opinion

Cons
- Working in Media is a tough haul sometimes
Low pay. No advancement. Long hours. High demands.
On Air. (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2017
Like all broadcasting outlets this one continues the slave driven culture of worker bees were you can be replaced as fast as you can be fired. Management doesn't care about anything other than making money and doing whatever it takes to keep their high paying jobs and looking good to ownership and continually makes you feel like you are unimportant - except for the success of the company finances. Long hours, high demands, being called on at any time to show up at work with an inference that if you do not your job could be at stake, low pay, no job security, a constant flow of people being fired and new people showing up with high hopes that they will make a difference which they never do as they just become bitter and disinterested like everyone else.
Pros
Free water.
Cons
Worker bee culture. No appreciation. Zero job security. Low pay.
Industry leader with strong culture
Manager, Program Compliance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
Corus is a leader in the broadcast media industry and its brands are widely known and respected. The culture is one of collaboration and respect, where people are generally acknowledged for their hard work and dedication.
Inspiring Introductory Internship
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 April 2017
I was able to shadow the engineers for four weeks and it was an excellent start to my experience in the broadcasting world, listening in on discussions between my mentor and the competitors to Corus, where I learned that it is a great skill to be able to remain on a friendly basis with competitors; I was able to become comfortable with the broadcast environment in general.
Great work life balance
Director, Music Programming -CMT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Great work life balance, especially for parents. Great work space., open concept.. Nice people.

Very politically driven... hard to grow and move up.
low pay
Security Guard (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
very low pay, long hours, typical day at work would be sitting in front of camera screens, and doing a patrol of the building every other hour
Excellent Main office
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
Fun atmosphere, very accountable management team. Managers in general go the extra mile to make sure you are fulfilled in your work.
Pros
Free concerts in the summer.
Cons
Project managment seems to be somewhat slipshod
Productive & fun workplace
Senior Audio Mixer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
It's a fun and fast-paced environment with terrific people, a lot of enjoyable projects and a very friendly atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace with a 3 story slide and artwork on every floor!
Internal Communications & Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
A creative hub of brilliants artists, sales people, communicators and people managers. Excellent employee engagement events! Plus, the edge 102.1 is right there - you can see concerts in the middle of work.
Pros
Amazing Hallowe'en/ Holiday parties!
Cons
Salary may be lesser than other places
Corus Review
Promotions, Receptionist, Interactive (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2017
I loved working for this company as it was a work hard, play hard environment and my co-workers were like my second family. However, when lay-offs happened it was more stressful as the work piled up and the pay was not increased.
Pros
Free stuff, great team, relaxed environment, fun atmosphere, meeting artists
Cons
salary was low, sometimes the work piled up and it was like you were doing 5 jobs at once, not enough hours in the day certain time of the year
Corus Entertainment
Traffice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Great company to work for. I really enjoyed the culture there. There is room for advancement and mentorship opportunities.
Pros
Leadership Training
Extremely bad management, no accountability, no back up and very little support.
admin (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Difficult environment to work in , lots of clicks, feels like high school. Low salary. Everyone walks on eggshells wondering who will be next to be let go.
Pros
loved what I do
Cons
no appreciation
Cool job, toxic environment
Communications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
The brands and perks that come from working at Corus are amazing: I really liked the company and what they do. Unfortunately, there are severe problems with the way senior, non-management staff treat other employees: it's toxic and abusive.
Pros
Location, Perks, Industry
Cons
Toxic & Abusive Environment
Productive and fun place to work at Corus
Senior Financial Analyst, Business Planning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
Corus is a fun place to work. Co-workers and management people are good. Apart from job there are lot of programs. In Finance & Accounting department we have lots of deadlines to met, so month ends are super busy time.
Pros
entertainment industry
Horrible Bosses
Producer (Former Employee) –  Bloor street8 October 2016
I worked for this for 3 years it was a completely toxic environment. My bosses were the sleaziest, unethical people I have ever met.
My advice to anyone is to beware of these horrible bosses.
Friendly environment
Positions - Senior Technical Director, Lighter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
Good work-life balance. Nice building and good location with view and amenities.

Co-workers are friendly and cooperative. Management is great.
Pros
normal hours encouraged
Volunteer writer
Blogger (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
I wrote on a volunteer basis, so I don't have much to say about the company overall. All submissions were done over email.
flexible but there is room for improvement
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 August 2016
good place to work if you stay long enough. very difficult to start in the beginning. Overwhelming information to remember and must be willing to work holidays/weekends
Pros
nice coworkers, good schedule, stress free environment
Cons
low pay, politics, and management
Great people - management at Head Office has had way too many changes and culture is not the same
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 July 2016
Tough industry lead to many very qualified hard working people looking for work due to many restructures - ongoing and still many too come.
Very good working environment
Senior Technical Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
Trusting and relaxed work environment. Good pay, benefits for full-timers and nice location (sugar beach). You can learn as much as you are willing to invest into the job.
Pros
Normal hours compared to industry standard
Cons
Not learning the latest technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corus Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval