Corus Entertainment

Corus Entertainment Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Change is not always good.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: attended many events throughout the city as media
Cons: not enough support or understanding of what i actually did day to day
Corus Entertainment gave me the opportunity to learn how the radio industry works from each of the departments perspective.

Corus is going to thru a lot of change which in return causes a lot of uneasy and unexpected changes daily.
Market research and account manager
Account Manager (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: limited room for advancement
A tight-knit team environment that allowed learning and interaction between varied and interesting departments - news, sales, administration, management, on-air staff, production, accounting, promotions etc.
Excellent workplace, always met new celebrities
Freelance Production Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free food, great people
Cons: long days
Great work environment, people and events. Corus is a great company, while in my Production assistant job I learned many assets to what it takes to make a big production, and the people involved in it.
Great offices, great co workers, great culture
Writer / Producer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: fruit on mondays, lovely waterside offices
Cons: somewhat remote
Its a place you could start your career, pick up mid life and always come back to. The culture is good. The offices very cool. The people fantastic.
Great Core Values
Account Manager (Current Employee), London, OnMay 22, 2013
Pros: too many to list
Cons: compensation package
Corus Entertainment offers career advancement, training and all necessary tools for employees to succeed in their roles. Management team are consummate professionals and offer constructive coaching and encouragement. Great place to work.
Account Manager - The Wolf (Current Employee), PeterboroughJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: amazing culture
Cons: office politics
Great work life balance. Half day Fridays in summer. Great benefits.
Fun and interesting work
Producer/News Reporter (Current Employee), Hamilton, Ontario, CanadaDecember 12, 2012
Pros: fast paced.
Cons: awful pay
I learned a lot about what it takes to create interesting and entertaining programming. I also learned as a producer what works and doesn't work in terms of public relations. Co-workers are eager to help teach as well as help out in a team atmosphere. The hardest part is making a living at it. The pay is terrible but the work is enjoyable. The best – more... part is the rush of breaking news and covering live events. – less
Every day was different - great learning abilities
Program Implement Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2012
Pros: friends
Cons: reconstruction causing job losses
Working for Corus kept you on your feet. Everyday was something different and everyone was happy. There was lots of after work socializing and we made great friends.
great work environment, daily meetings, fun environment.
Interactive designer/illustrator/animator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: game room, sugar beach, free concerts
I start my day by checking office email- at times there is additional work to be done for older files, updates, fixes, new exports, editing of photoshop files etc otherwise I continue with working on my flash and photoshop files for the game I am assigned to.
I daily meeting with the team starts at 11 am. We sit around and discuss the progress on each – more... assinged game. Any new additions, new requirements etc. After the daily meeting is back to working on animation, flash and photoshop files.
The work itself is the enjoyable part of my day. Second to the lunch hour by the lake.
Co-workers are very talented and great to be around.
Management is not very involved with the exception of the daily meeting or if there is addition work.
I've learn a great deal from my Art Director who has been in the interactive field for more than 20 years. – less
Enjoyable
Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2012
Fun people, great work environment, you can learn a lot from asking questions.
Fun and educational
Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2012
I always have a blast when I come in for my intern shift at The Edge. The people are really nice and they won't hesitate to answer your questions.

Job shadowing is really beneficial to people like me who have an interest in getting into the broadcast industry. I have job shadowed some on-air personalities and they answered my questions thoroughly and – more... showed me their workplace and what they do. – less
Great place to be creative
Promotions/Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2012
I was able to be creative, use my business sense, and put together promotions that worked for both the sales team and their respective client.