Corus Entertainment Employee Reviews

Extremely bad management, no accountability, no back up and very little support.
admin (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Difficult environment to work in , lots of clicks, feels like high school. Low salary. Everyone walks on eggshells wondering who will be next to be let go.
Pros
loved what I do
Cons
no appreciation
Cool job, toxic environment
Communications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
The brands and perks that come from working at Corus are amazing: I really liked the company and what they do. Unfortunately, there are severe problems with the way senior, non-management staff treat other employees: it's toxic and abusive.
Pros
Location, Perks, Industry
Cons
Toxic & Abusive Environment
Productive and fun place to work at Corus
Senior Financial Analyst, Business Planning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
Corus is a fun place to work. Co-workers and management people are good. Apart from job there are lot of programs. In Finance & Accounting department we have lots of deadlines to met, so month ends are super busy time.
Pros
entertainment industry
Horrible Bosses
Producer (Former Employee) –  Bloor street8 October 2016
I worked for this for 3 years it was a completely toxic environment. My bosses were the sleaziest, unethical people I have ever met.
My advice to anyone is to beware of these horrible bosses.
Friendly environment
Positions - Senior Technical Director, Lighter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
Good work-life balance. Nice building and good location with view and amenities.

Co-workers are friendly and cooperative. Management is great.
Pros
normal hours encouraged
Volunteer writer
Blogger (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
I wrote on a volunteer basis, so I don't have much to say about the company overall. All submissions were done over email.
flexible but there is room for improvement
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 August 2016
good place to work if you stay long enough. very difficult to start in the beginning. Overwhelming information to remember and must be willing to work holidays/weekends
Pros
nice coworkers, good schedule, stress free environment
Cons
low pay, politics, and management
Great people - management at Head Office has had way too many changes and culture is not the same
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 July 2016
Tough industry lead to many very qualified hard working people looking for work due to many restructures - ongoing and still many too come.
Very good working environment
Senior Technical Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
Trusting and relaxed work environment. Good pay, benefits for full-timers and nice location (sugar beach). You can learn as much as you are willing to invest into the job.
Pros
Normal hours compared to industry standard
Cons
Not learning the latest technology
Given autonomy to do the job at hand. Fun environment but little security.
Affiliate Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
More than a typical 9-5 job. Given the opportunity to learn by working in a team setting.
Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing wit my clients on a daily basis.
Pros
Slide from the 3rd floor to the 1st, facing Lake Ontario
Cons
Instability - company in flux
fun work place, management styles leave more to be desired
worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Management in certain departments is almost non-existent.
Styles in which employees must deal with all issues on their own is a joke. Management is unwilling to make decisions and instead pawns off their work to subordinates who should not be dealing with certain issues/tasks.

Co-workers are great. It is easy to foster both friendships and working relationships with these people.

Union employees have a perennial fight on their hands to get adequate pay raises and benefits. The company does not like to give these employees what they are due.
Pros
good people
Cons
anti-union
Fun work environment, unreasonably demanding
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2016
-a typical day would be me coming in and catching up on emails (on average 20 a day) and responding to any that need attention; call winners from each radio station to let them know how,where and when to pick up their prize; do an inventory and vehicle maintenance check on all equipment; write proposals for contest ideas and prizes to give away on air; on site checks for promotions events; organize any sites that the station will be live from each week; communicate with clients and listeners to ensure they're happy with the station and be there for any communication that they may require.

- I've have learned many things from specialized promotion planning, customer service skills, video and audio editing abilities, organizational skills, and photography.

-would be willing to review any details in person!

-The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the hours while trying to keep a sleep schedule.

-The most enjoyable part of my job is the atmosphere and being a real part of the community. Getting to meet some of your favourite celebrities and experiencing things that the general public doesn't normally get to see is truly amazing as well
Pros
free concerts, get to meet celebrities, great atmosphere to work in
Cons
long hours, no days off or weekends, no consistent hours ex. shifts are split 2 hours on 3 hours off 4 hours on 2 hours off 1 hour on, no job security, low wage, can be up to 60 hours work hours in a week
fun stmosphere
admin (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 January 2016
Corus Entertainment is a great place to work. The people that I work with are amazing. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing prize winners come in and collect their winnings.
Pros
Excellent job atmosphere
Cons
LOW LOW pay Grade
Broadcaster - Announcer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 November 2015
Enjoyable.....typical of the radio stations I've worked for. Interesting people.

It really is just a typical Canadian broadcast outlet. Corus is a giant in the industry so they can provide some movement for your career. Since most announcers move around a lot, this can be very advantageous. The only real problem in this location is management dealing with a unionized workforce. Not always friendly or smooth....
Pros
It's radio!
Cons
It's radio!
Excellent Company
Colour Key Painter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
High quality animation backgrounds. Shared knowledge and expertise.
Top of the line equipment.
Corus Entertainment - Pan Am Games - IT Support
Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
Fast Paced, but not so organized. Got to use some neat software and new equipment. Was a part of the Main Technology Operating Centre for all media/communications for the Pan Am Games.
Fun and creative place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2015
Corus entertainment was a great place to work at. It had a great environment as well as great management and staff who were all easy to work and get along with .
Good Place
Creative Department & MCR Operator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 January 2015
Decent place to work, I think I'd recommend it. Just not a lot of growing room at the particular location I'm at.
Change is not always good.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2014
Corus Entertainment gave me the opportunity to learn how the radio industry works from each of the departments perspective.

Corus is going to thru a lot of change which in return causes a lot of uneasy and unexpected changes daily.
Pros
Attended many events throughout the city as media
Cons
Not enough support or understanding of what I actually did day to day
Market research and account manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta7 November 2013
A tight-knit team environment that allowed learning and interaction between varied and interesting departments - news, sales, administration, management, on-air staff, production, accounting, promotions etc.
Pros
Great team
Cons
limited room for advancement

2.9